What do you want to see in the new season?

Please no. Derpy's fun and all but I'd like to see her be more than just some moron with a muffin addiction. I'm happy she's getting some screen time but I don't like the fandom interpretation of her as a blithering idiot, obssessed with a bakery product she once ate.

I agree that's why I like to call her bubble butt instead of Derpy, Derpy just doesn't work for me, I call her that because of the bubbles on her flank. Anyway I hope that they will show 'Ditzy Doo' is in fact a smart pony who has a lazy eye or something.

Please no. Derpy's fun and all but I'd like to see her be more than just some moron with a muffin addiction. I'm happy she's getting some screen time but I don't like the fandom interpretation of her as a blithering idiot, obssessed with a bakery product she once ate.

Ah... I guess that all that was born from certain things though. Her eyes (I personally think that was less of an animation error than a purposeful joke) birthed the idiot thing... And they can't go back on that. I guess that the muffin thing is ridiculous-ish. Maybe I do want more than just a stupid pony; I don't know.

I like to think of Derpy as intelligent, but eccentric, and a frequent user of insane troll logic.

Everyone I meet tells me that Derpy might actually be intelligent underneath... And then there's me, who actually thinks Derpy is an idiot. Just look at my application for her- she's not very smart in that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Derpy's like the way most fanfics portrey her, as Dinky's slightly essentric, but loving, mother. I swear if they make Dinky and Derpy canon, I will die of happiness 3 times over.

Well we do know that Derpy will be written into the storyboards ahead of time instead of randomly placed in the background on the fly like in Season One. This cements her as cannon. I don't know if she will have any sort of real speaking role though, it may be she'll have just a couple background lines similar to her "Muffin" line in Season One. I am fine with that because it allows more fan speculation about her character (and thus stories about her). As for Dinky, I am far less certain, fans just sort of put them together, they don't ever appear together in the show.

I agree that Derpy is far better off as a non-speaking background character. I reckon scenes like the one where she dropped a bunch of stuff on Twilight in Feling Pinkie Keen should be the extent of the focus that goes on her.

I hope Derpy's like the way most fanfics portrey her, as Dinky's slightly essentric, but loving, mother. I swear if they make Dinky and Derpy canon, I will die of happiness 3 times over.

Well we do know that Derpy will be written into the storyboards ahead of time instead of randomly placed in the background on the fly like in Season One. This cements her as cannon. I don't know if she will have any sort of real speaking role though, it may be she'll have just a couple background lines similar to her "Muffin" line in Season One. I am fine with that because it allows more fan speculation about her character (and thus stories about her). As for Dinky, I am far less certain, fans just sort of put them together, they don't ever appear together in the show.

To verify when I said 'Dinky and Derpy canon' I meant them both. As in together. As in their relationship and stuff. I knew that Derpy was canon, because I heard that they're making one of the episodes in season 2 dedicated to Derpy.

To verify when I said 'Dinky and Derpy canon' I meant them both. As in together. As in their relationship and stuff. I knew that Derpy was canon, because I heard that they're making one of the episodes in season 2 dedicated to Derpy.

Uhh...Really? I didn't think that was the case. Where did you hear that? :S

Uhh...Really? I didn't think that was the case. Where did you hear that? :S

A while back, I forget where, though. :/

It was about the time when they did that big announcement for what was gonna be in Season 2.

On Equestria Daily? If it was there, I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the report.

Give me a bit, I'll do a search.

EDIT: So I was wrong. Just some mix up in my head with something that I read. (I am now Zecora.) Also, I've added Derpy Episode to the list of things I want in season 2.

I've just realised exactly what I need to see in season 2.

In the Luna episode... We need a musical number. We need Luna & Celestia singing a duet. We need it.

What...

Oh my god... Yes please! Although I can't see Celestia singing. Luna maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno. I reckon Celestia would have a pretty good singing voice.jaolo.jpg

Do you think so? I just can't see the majestic princess signing for everyone.

Duet. Private singing session to/from both sisters.

Precisely. Something just between the two of them. Probably as they sing about their relationship before and after Nightmare Moon. It would be a quiet, heartfelt song, slowly building up to a powerful climax as they realise that they are not so different after all.

And then they hug, with teary, yet happy eyes.

Oh man, I'm building this up too much. It might never happen XD