Folarin Hooves[Final]

PIJIN

Roleplay Type: Crossovers

Name: Folarin Hooves

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Dark plum colored eyes which show plenty of expression, especially when playing games! He sometimes wears black rimmed glasses to read.

Coat Color: A standard flat, light brown coat.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: His mane has a unique look to it. He has long strands of hair which hang low past his neck. He has more hair in the back which flanks outward, but it shorter than the longer strands of hair. Like his mane, his tail also is rather long and luxurious adding to his femininity. The real color of his mane and tail are only known by a few since he is prone to randomly dying them on a simple whim, sometimes in the most ridiculous of colors...like cotton candy pink.

Physique: Sort of effeminate, especially in the face. He could actually pass as a girl if he chose to! He isn't very strong or masculine because he relies so much on his unicorn magic to do a lot of heavy lifting, or...any lifting at all.

Cutie Mark: His cutie mark is an old school game controller. The controller itself is grey in color and adorned with a shiny red button. His cutie mark is more than simply his love for video games, its his love for competition.

Origin/Residence: Folarin was born and is a resident of the fantastical city of alabaster spires, winding streets, and arcane mystery known as Canterlot. He lives here with his older sister, mother and father.

Occupation: Folarin is currently enrolled in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns where he learns to control his magical ability. He also has a part-time job helping out at local video game parlors. One located in Down-town Canterlot in particular.

Motivation: Folarin lives for the competition of a good game. While more into the virtual worlds of video games rather than real life, he still puts his all into doing what he does. While sometimes he may rage at his competition from time to time, he actually accepts them as merely more of a challenge.

Likes: A good practical joke, stand-up comedy, video games, competition, rock music (anything that gets his hooves moving, actually), his sister.

Dislikes: (optional)

Character Summary:

History – Born in Canterlot, Folarin Hooves has had a love for competition since he was a foal. Always the foal to get into trouble over petty little arguments or a game of simple hid-and-seek. He was mainly taken care of by his older sister. Star Song while his parents were at work making important business decisions and multi-million bit deals with the movers and shakers of Equestria.

Parents/Relatives – Folarin's mother, Dream Shimmer, and his father, Dapper are the heads of various companies throughout Equestria. Their own personality's differ greatly from Folarin's own as in they are more refined and poised like a lot of the Canterlot elite they are made to meet with on a daily basis. Due to their large hold on many services in Equestria (like Bakery chains, etc.) they have a moderate say among the elite of Equestria, not just Canterlot.

As for the Folarin, they really spoiled him as a child to make up for time they couldn't spend with him. He usually got everything he wanted (and even things he didn't want.) Folarin is very close to his sister, Ice Sparkle. She practically raised him while their parents worked. Folarin finds peace with his sister and is usually his emotional comfort.

Cutie Mark Story –While not the most beautiful of cutie marks, it certainly holds a very special place in Folarin's heart. Not to long ago, he was a very lonely and down-trotted colt. Sure, he had friends, but none that he could really connect to. They weren't his best friends.He spent much of his time alone, either because his parents were gone on some multi billion-bit business gig or his other friends just didn't have time for a colt like him. For some reason. he always had this strange aura about him that just made everypony sad. His head hung low, a sad, defeated, look on his face. He was even jealous of some of the meaner ponies that hung out in town (and bullied him on occasions), simply because, at least they were close friends. He was soon introduced into the world of competition by his sister, Ice Sparkle. She had shown him a variety of sports, hoofball, soccer, even some shady activity having to do with team roller-skating. Sure, they were nice and all and if Folarin joined he'd have the opportunity to make a lot of friends, but he wasn't very athletic and felt that his addition to the team would only be a burden.

He needed something that he knew he would be good at. On occasions, his parents would come home and bring along with them oodles of goodies and one in particular caught Folarin's attention: a strange box shaped object. His sister explained to him that a lot of the colts his age love playing these things. They even had special places specifically for doing so. They were called: video games.

Immediately, Folarin was captivated by the phenomenon. He could easily control the controller with his magic. It wasn't an athletic sport, yet still very competitive. He could even make a few friends once there little video feud was done!

However, it wasn't until later that Folarin realized that this type of competition was something that he was always looking for. He loved how even though people were going against each other, in the end they became friends. Unlike competitive sports with screaming coaches and the like. His cutie mark is not only an old school game controller, it symbolizes his love for video games, his love for competition and the ability to make friends through the midst of a virtual war.

FlawsDespite Folarin Hooves' competitiveness and confidence, he reacts poorly to failure, or even the possibility of failure. Folarin initially displays overwhelming bravado when competing against others, however he can quickly become terrified of making a fool of himself in the face of odds, and can quickly lose his cool. His performance taking a nose dive where he should easily succeed.

Personality - At times Folarin can be extremely happy, expressive, full of fun, and good-natured; yet at other times he finds congenial association impossible, being controlled by self-pity, moods, and depression.

These contrasting qualities make it difficult for ponys to understand him so he sought shelter in his sister, who he always found it easy to tell his feelings.He is deep, philosophical, and refined (despite the wild and out right rude appearance he gives off at first glance), His extremely sensitive nature causes him to become depressed over any real or imagined slight.

His personality goes deeper than that. Due to his competitiveness ponys often try to lecture him. He sees them as living in a fantasy world, everypony is equal and there is no such thing as competition or “losers”. Everyone’s a winner and nobody has to deal with the shame of coming in last or has to put up with any hardships. Even though those "hardships" are only in losing a simple video game.

Edited by LovinMoonlight

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you don't mind me asking this, but why do you have this pony in crossovers? I'm no help-staff or anything, but It looks safe enough for mane RP to me.

You think so? I thought the presence of video games would be a bit much for Mane RP. I guess if its only video games that have been shown in the actual show it would be okay. I just thought it might come up as a problem so I threw him in crossovers for safety.

You think so? I thought the presence of video games would be a bit much for Mane RP. I guess if its only video games that have been shown in the actual show it would be okay. I just thought it might come up as a problem so I threw him in crossovers for safety.

Well, you're right about that, if you can tweak it for Folarin to play arcade games like this. Then he would be safe for the Mane RP. But hey, your call.

EDIT* Perhaps maybe even old-school game systems are fine, like Atari 2600 old-school. As long as the game systems don't get too modern, like Xbox-360 modern.

Well, you're right about that, if you can tweak it for Folarin to play arcade games like this. Then he would be safe for the Mane RP. But hey, your call.

EDIT* Perhaps maybe even old-school game systems are fine, like Atari 2600 old-school. As long as the game systems don't get too modern, like Xbox-360 modern.

Yeah, I think that would do the trick. That would mean getting rid of his headset though.

The Atari would do, it is pretty much an arcade game just as a console. I'm not sure how strict they are going to be about it, so I'll have to think it over.

Hi LovinMoonlight!

This is a great Crossover app!

You're correct in stating that this app, as is, would not be approved for Mane RP, but there's nothing wrong with developing Crossover characters too.

All of the required fields are filled in, and for the standands of Crossover, this looks fine to me!

:D:D:D:D

Hi LovinMoonlight!

This is a great Crossover app!

You're correct in stating that this app, as is, would not be approved for Mane RP, but there's nothing wrong with developing Crossover characters too.

All of the required fields are filled in, and for the standands of Crossover, this looks fine to me!

:D:D:D:D

Thanks, Mojo! I really don't like the fact that I have to put him in crossovers, but if I change him to make him Mane RP compatible, that would seriously take away from from his character.

I know there's nothing wrong with it but, I try to stay Mane...

Thanks for checking out the app though, I love creating characters. Even though I never RP them. :P

So, just to check, do you plan to rework this for mane? Because I'd be prepared to stamp it now for crossovers.

If you went mane, you probably wouldn't be able to have any video games in it, as the current technology guidelines we go by kind of prohibit as much.

Since in all other ways this is a character who fits the spirit of the Word of Equestria RP fairly well, I just want to make sure it's what you want before I approve him for crossovers.

So, just to check, do you plan to rework this for mane? Because I'd be prepared to stamp it now for crossovers.

If you went mane, you probably wouldn't be able to have any video games in it, as the current technology guidelines we go by kind of prohibit as much.

Since in all other ways this is a character who fits the spirit of the Word of Equestria RP fairly well, I just want to make sure it's what you want before I approve him for crossovers.

Yeah, I'll just go ahead and keep him as is. Thanks for asking.

Well, I was just telling Moonlight that he/she could perhaps rework it to be old, arcade-booth type video games. We did see Archer, Apple Bytes, and High Score playing them in the "Hearts and Hooves" Episode. But it really isn't the same as video games we see today.