Equestria and the Staff of Fate (OOC Signups, Planning, Discussion)

I believe villians are regarded as NPCs, and thus don't need to be approved characters. Steel and Phil use NPC antagonists in their "City of the Griffons" adventure-RP.

Heh... speaking of which, here are some villain ideas we could consider incorporating into this, Steel! :P

Major Brenda Razorclaw: Talonopolis' famed warrior princess. A fearsome major in the RAMC, well regarded for her strength, cunning and skill with a variety of weapons. She's niece to the head of the Razorclaws, the most powerful of Aquelia's three leading families, and has the wealth and prestige to show for it. A solitary griffoness, she lives alone in a fortress-like manor at the edge of the city, which is filled with her expansive collection of rare and valuable arms and armor. Despite her prestigious reputation, those who know her well know her to be a fearsome, malicious and violent griffon who will stop at nothing to add something she's set her eyes on to her collection.

Captain Gavin Stormwing: A military liaison working with the three leading families in Talonopolis. A rather large griffon with strength to spare who knows how to use his blade to great effect. He recently amassed a rather negative reputation both with the public and the families after his perceived perpetual failure to stop a string of robberies in the city, something that continues to haunt him. He comes across generally as stiff and severe, though if pushed into a corner or faced with a fight, a darker intensity may be unlocked.

Yep, I already had them pegged as the leaders of the Griffon mercenaries, Phil.:P

So many great ideas guys! Great job! Tomorrow, I will pick some of the best and add them in woth my thoughts. By this time tomorrow, ALL of the relics will be up on the OP.

Second thread of the Iris trilogy will start soon.

Feel free to form your own prologue stories and threads to formulate perhaps how some of us come to know one another, or how we come to know(though for the most part can't really go after yet) of the relics.

1. Good call with the Orb; I was considering giving it that sort of power too, but I decided against it when I wrote up that first brief.

2. I think it's about due time that Merlot gets 'acquainted' with at least one of our adventurer ponies, don't you think? (*cough* prologue idea *cough*) ;)

OP Edited with the Ongoing Plot section. WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE GRAND STORY ARC ABOUND. It is also only the broad strokes version, as it is perfectly acceptable to suggest more threads with new characters in relation to the main story, from the Prologues all the way to Act 5.

I will get together a post for the thread in the city of Catherlot (Pathfinder's grand escape from the hospital it seems) but first I need the time to read what has already been posted... was well as make a post just as long as everyone else’s (I normally don't role-play with those that make big posts to I am out of practice for doing the same).

Also I will get more information together for the group the Purple Star and their 'front' organization the Ruins Foundation.

That thread(and the prologue) are all set, but if you'd like, you can start a thread in Canterlot to explore some of the other things that are left open in the prologue.

Perhaps I will make my own thread, though there is the question of who is free to post in it and not only how but when Pathfinder meets up with Mythos.

My plan was to set up a 'back story' of sorts that summuries how Mythos' life in Canterlot is and how he spends his time. of the request by one of Mythos' employers to 'meet up' and find Pathfinder.

• 3 weeks later...

General information regarding how the Staff of Fate threads will work:

Staff of Fate threads will not have standard post orders, instead just requiring two posts in between them or a set time, such as a week, between posts. In this way the threads won't be held up.

Threads will begin on the same day, though they may end at different times.

I am thinking of adding polls and whatnot to decide what team did better in any given thread, maybe even what characters stood out, but I'm not sure what the results would do.

Hey, is it too late for me to join in as well? :razz:

It seems like this RP will be one big epic adventure, and I'm sure I can fit Static Arc in there as a location-specific charactor for Cloudsdale. I'm not too sure of how this is supposed to work though, but I'll give it a shot!

You two may both add ze characters.

As for Wind Rider, it'd be best for him to wait until we leave the Castle and are exposed to the growing storm.

Team 1 members, there is no standard posting order in that thread. You may just post.