Productivity with Kryptchild

Kryptchild

tumblr_m9p0kqvcWq1rwsqr7o1_500.jpg

So I sorta just realized I don't actually have an art thread per say. I've got a livestream announcement thread and that project thing I probably won't go back to for a while, but not an everything art thread!

I think I'll just post stuff here, since the general gallery tends to flood just after I post something and I end up at the bottom of the pile. I'll post rough works, sketches, and lots of shipping here. Oh yeah about that, have some!

Scootabelle Shipping flood!

tumblr_m9p46yMgEp1rwsqr7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9lffkPvx81rwsqr7o1_1280.jpg

plum_by_kryptchild-d5cjmyx.jpg

Some wigs I drew to practice High Quality hair (have yet to go further with that)

tumblr_m9c59mNxeb1rwsqr7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9c2cvWG9D1rwsqr7o1_1280.jpg

Hairless Manequins I used. Feel free to draw on them (if you need the .sai file, just ask!)

tumblr_m9bq61VYdQ1rwsqr7o1_1280.jpg

Rough Luna says 'hi'

tumblr_m982eiDk0Z1rwsqr7o1_500.jpg

Since this thread doesn't follow a specific theme or project, expect it to not be dropped randomly (I suck at sticking to projects).

♥Cheers♥

That Luna seems to be a rather rough-and-tumble sorta character!

My brother was standing right over me when I clicked on the Scootabelle shipping art. I have but one complaint.

Scootabelle Shipping flood!

tumblr_m9lffkPvx81rwsqr7o1_1280.jpg

With Scootaloo's personality, it would seem that the roles should be reversed.

I have but one complaint.

With Scootaloo's personality, it would seem that the roles should be reversed.

My head cannon surrounding them is that although Scootaloo is the most outgoing and tomboyish of the bunch, romantically she's pretty shy and naive. Sweetie Belle is much more up front with the romance and affection, as she's learned a thing or two from Rarity. She's first to kiss, first to hold hooves, first to nip, and first to whisper romanticies. Meanwhile Scootaloo gets embarrassed and doesn't know what to make of it all.

Sketch I'll never color:

tumblr_m8zbfmuxlp1rwsqr7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m9y7gl6d0f1rwsqr7o1_1280.jpg

OMG these sketches actually came out good! (okay good compared to my usual stuff)

The first three sketches were warmups and sort of tributes to three artists who are pretty heavy inspirations.

Crookedtrees’ Pinkamina blog was actually my first forray into tumblr ever! Lets just say I was hooked. I love the style he used back when he still did the blog, though I do love his more current work (he’s under a new probably secret name).

I’ve always loved just sketch work, and Sadistic-Rarity does some of the best I’ve seen. I freaking LOVE his facial expressions. EVERYTHING that guy does has attitude to it. I can almost FEEL his characters telling me to go #@^& myself, and I love it! ♥ I tried to mimic the way he does eyes, but it didn’t come out quite like I wanted.

The third is my dear friend Joey-Darkmeat. Literally THE biggest inspiration for me to continue art, and the biggest help I could ever ask for. He did a few quick tutorials for me a while ago and they’ve really helped. He’s also an amazingly sweet guy, if not a bit shy.

The bottom three are Pinkie Pie discovering her first Parasprite (I may line and color this one), Soaren being sexy (also might color this one), and me being way too excited about how these turned out.

I’m going to take a short break, then get back to the drawing board. I think tomorrow night might be a good night for requests so keep an ear out!

♥Cheers♥

• Like 1

Worked on a contest prize today, followed by a brief request stream.

Contest prize won by http://ponykrieger.deviantart.com/:

tumblr_mau1yxxzrK1rwsqr7o1_1280.jpg

(sketch version which I think looks better)

tumblr_mau1yxxzrK1rwsqr7o2_1280.jpg

And the 3 requests done after I finished (shipping).

Tipsy Pharm making out with a less than enthusiastic Rush (friend from /art/ on Ponychan.net)

tumblr_mau99mevdR1rwsqr7o1_1280.jpg

ScootaBelle in a tree (I can't figure out what's wrong with scoots face)

tumblr_mau99mevdR1rwsqr7o2_1280.jpg

Crescent Blaze kissing Candymane (you BEST know who Crescent is! :V)

tumblr_mau99mevdR1rwsqr7o3_1280.jpg

Hm, with Scootaloo...

At first, I thought it was her left cheek. It shouldn't protrude out even though she is smiling, but be a fluid line.

Then I thought maybe it was the eyes, but I decided no.

I realize it's the angle. Ponies only tend to have the rounded off nose when they are facing forward. Her head is facing sideways from the 'camera', and is not a straight on shot. So her face should curve with the nose, rather than the nose being pressed against her face.

Hm, with Scootaloo...

At first, I thought it was her left cheek. It shouldn't protrude out even though she is smiling, but be a fluid line.

Then I thought maybe it was the eyes, but I decided no.

I realize it's the angle. Ponies only tend to have the rounded off nose when they are facing forward. Her head is facing sideways from the 'camera', and is not a straight on shot. So her face should curve with the nose, rather than the nose being pressed against her face.

Thanks! Later tonight I'll try to fix it with that camera angle approach.

T'was fun streaming! Hope to see you in there again in the future. You should give it a try some time! I find I do some of my better work with people watching.

Whoa! I don't know about that XD I'd be way to scared to draw in front of people, and I have no idea what I would actually draw. Then who would watch me? X) Well, yeah I'll try it one day.FolarinSmiling_zpsd1ccaa59.png

Whoa! I don't know about that XD I'd be way to scared to draw in front of people, and I have no idea what I would actually draw. Then who would watch me? X) Well, yeah I'll try it one day.FolarinSmiling_zpsd1ccaa59.png

Whatever you were already working on, or requests/prompts! I'd watch you! Do you have a tumblr? It's not much of one but I could give you a tiny signal boost.

While on the subject, how often do you watch artist livestreams?

Also TOTALLY off subject, but this is my 666th post on Canterlot! I'll mark this post and draw something later to insert into it to celebrate.

Whatever you were already working on, or requests/prompts! I'd watch you! Do you have a tumblr? It's not much of one but I could give you a tiny signal boost.

While on the subject, how often do you watch artist livestreams?

Also TOTALLY off subject, but this is my 666th post on Canterlot! I'll mark this post and draw something later to insert into it to celebrate.

'666.....666.....666....666...."

Raisins_Face.jpg

Yours was the first artist live stream I've ever watched actually. XD No, I don't have a tumblr, just Canterlot and my deviant art which I'm rarely on, but I do update sometimes with pictures from here. I'll have to make one and take you up on that offer, I could use a bit of publicity outside of Canterlot.

Yours was the first artist live stream I've ever watched actually. XD No, I don't have a tumblr, just Canterlot and my deviant art which I'm rarely on, but I do update sometimes with pictures from here. I'll have to make one and take you up on that offer, I could use a bit of publicity outside of Canterlot.

Watching livestreams is probably my second biggest learning tool (second only to actually drawing itself). I've learned several tricks to use in Sai, and really it just helps to watch someone do something from start to finish. EVERYONE does things differently, and pooling those differences together taking methods from this artist and that artist is the best way to grow.

I suggest you check out this website:

http://twilightlicio.us/streams/

It's basically a hub for livestreamers. It shows who's online and what they're doing. I'm not on there yet, but I'll probably get myself in there here in the next few weeks after I make some tweaks to my channel.