[Canterlot] A Kiss to Make it Better [Open]

AlisonRose

Redheartbanner.png

It was a normal day, at least as normal as being a Nurse from Ponyville taking your vacation day in a city that you had only been in once before.

"Ugh, and to top it all off I am already lost." Redheart said as she shook her head and sighed. She had no distinguishing items on her that threw out that she was a nurse, but it was rather obvious based on how she carried herself and all the attention she was giving to ponies who even seemed injured. She had her mane down today as she didn't need to have it in a bun when she wasn't working. It wouldn't be long until SOMEPONY would notice that she was not really knowing where she was or that she had no idea that she was holding up traffic in the center of Canterlot.

"One of these buildings must be the Grand Canterlot Hotel..." She let her voice trail off as she looked about still not even knowing that she was standing just a few trots in front of the Hotel that she was so eagerly looking for.

30jk84h.jpg

"Ow........... ow........... ow..........." Dr. Spin Tale winced every time he stepped on his right forehoof. The curator of the Canterlot Army Historical Society had been a bit too careless this morning, accidently smashing his hoof against the desk in his office while attempting to pick up a dropped pencil. Fortunately, the injury was not serious enough to warrant emergency attention, and so Dr. Tale carried on and enthusiastically attended to those ponies that visited the small museum that day. Spin hoped they didn't concentrate on his limp too much (or his mane for that matter, but the curator was usually pointlessly oversensitive about his mane); judging by the donations that all the visitors left behind, they probably did not even notice. Heck, one pony even subscribed to the Society's biannual historical journal!

Mostly satisfied with how the day turned out, Spin Tale closed up the museum for the rest of the afternoon and decided to trot down to his favorite juice bar in the center of Canterlot, sluggish limp or not. There was no minor pain that couldn't be dulled by a glass of grape juice... right? As the doctor's thoughts turned towards the sweet taste of grape juice, his trance prevented him from noticing certain details out of the ordinary around him. Like that couple sitting on an outdoor cafe table bickering about something silly, or that confused-looking earth pony mare blocking pedestrian traffic.....

Redheartbanner.png

Nurse Redheart could hear somepony wincing so she instinctively perked her ears up and attempted to find the source. She located the pony, it was a male, and roughly seventy four degrees to her south. She turned on a dime and ended up staring straight at the pony. She couldn't tell what was bothering him right away but as she looked on to his leg she noticed some small bruising. It didn't look that bad, but still enough to cause some slight pains.

"Excuse me, excuse me." She started out as she trotted out of the middle of the street to walk over to the stallion. "You'r leg, I'm sorry....Where are my manners." She bowed her head and then looked him back into the eyes. "My name is Redheart and I am a nurse with the Ponyvile hospital." She then took a deep breath. "But I noticed that you seem to be favoring this hoof a bit, may I take a look at it?" She looked at the stallions hoof, then back at him, then back to his hoof, preforming a double take of sorts. She let out a soft sigh as the wind came down the path and mussed with her hair sending it all over before it fell back into its haphazard place.

A kiss to make it better...that is what all the old nurses used to say to the foals when they got some small scrapes and injuries, I wonder if it really works. I might just have to set up a small clinic here in Canterlot and do some...Research...

30jk84h.jpg

"Excuse me, excuse me." Spin Tale (pardon the pun) spun his head around to see a white-coated mare trot from the middle of the street in his direction. Wondering why the earth pony mare wanted his attention, the stallion turned around completely so that his head wouldn't be twisted trying to look at the pony coming his way. "Your leg, I'm sorry....Where are my manners?" The mare now stood close enough that Dr. Tale noticed her blue eyes, which he deemed further revealed her concern over his right forehoof. The doctor gave the mare a friendly chuckle; it looked like the jig was finally up after trying to disguise his limp all day. After giving an apologetic bow, the white-coated mare stared back into his eyes and continued speaking; "My name is Redheart and I am a nurse with the Ponyvile hospital...... but I noticed that you seem to be favoring this hoof a bit, may I take a look at it?"

"Uhh, sure..." replied a slightly bewildered but grateful Spin Tale. He mentally commented that it was obviously in a nurse's nature like Redheart to spot scrapes and to make them feel better for ponies. However, the fact that Redheart was taking the effort to help out an injured pony even when off-duty and out-of-town led Dr. Tale to suspect that the mare had a more caring heart than your run-of-the-mill caretaker. The doctor couldn't help but give a warm smile as he lifted his bruised hoof so Redheart could have a clearer look at it. Noticing her eyes looking back and forth between his hoof and his face, Dr. Tale started to think that the nurse's eyes actually looked quite lovely. As the wind came and briefly tossed Redheart's mane in the air, Spin Tale decided that yes, the nurse from Ponyville was especially pretty.

His thoughts now almost entirely dwelling on the nurse in front of him, Spin Tale felt the need to properly introduce himself to Redheart. "Oh by the way, my name's Spindoctor... err... Dr. Spin Tale." The stallion formed an abashed smile after his silly slipup; hopefully, the "Spindoctor" gaffe would not haunt him forever. Not one to let potential embarrassments bring him down though, Dr. Tale pressed onwards; "I'm a historical museum curator". Spin Tale paused for a moment, figuring that just this once, he wouldn't bother elaborating further on the Canterlot Army Historical Society... at least not until the snow white mare was finished with his bruised forehoof. "So Miss Redheart, what can you do for my hoof?"

Redheartbanner.png

With a soft giggle Redheart ignored the small slip of tongue when the stallion introduced himself as Dr. Spin Tale, it was interesting to meet a curator of a museum but she had no historical knowledge other then that of the medicine that she used. She gently used her hoof to raise his into the light and then upon looking at it she noticed that it wasn't something that she could really do for him since the bruises seemed to already be healing all she could do was....

*Smack* before she had even thought of it she had already kissed the stallion's hoof and with blush streaking her face she quickly backed away from him and shook her head a few times.

"I...I...I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that...it sort of just happened....does your hoof at least feel better?" She wondered since even though she had kissed the poor stallion's hoof without his consent she was still trying to figure out the validity of the whole Kiss to Make it Better, she knew that it was most likely a hoax but it at least gave her a small conversation break.

30jk84h.jpg

If Spin Tale's mind wasn't rushing a thousand miles per hour before, it sure was now as Nurse Redheart softly lifted his hoof with her own. Keeping his gaze mostly fixed on the nurse's inquiring eyes, Dr. Tale wondered just what exactly the mare could do about his bruise. The stallion understood that Redheart only wanted to help, but the remaining logic in Spin Tale's brain reminded him that there really was nothing the nurse could possibly do without access to a medical clinic or a first-aid.....

That was when it happened; Redheart pecked Spin Tale's bruise with her delicate lips (at least they felt delicate to the stallion) and sent a jolt throughout his entire body. For a few brief seconds, the doctor froze in place with his eyes widened in shock and his mouth wide open. Dr. Tale head drew a complete blank in that timespan, save for the fact that a lovely mare he didn't even know just kissed his hoof!

All too soon though, reality came crashing back and the stallion noticed that a now awkward-looking Redheart had backed away from him. "I...I...I'm so sorry," she stammered; "I didn't mean to do that...it sort of just happened....does your hoof at least feel better?" Not wishing to leave the mare distressed, Spin Tale mustered a stoic look as he pranced on the sidewalk to test his right forehoof. However, the doctor's look quickly reverted back to one of amazement as he sensed... absolutely no pain at all! Dr. Tale couldn't believe it! How the heck could a mere kiss have the ability to get rid of pain? Was it a special kind of earth pony magic, perhaps? Or maybe it was a trick caused by a quirk of pony biology?

No matter; now was not the time to ponder such questions! Smiling in merriment, Spin Tale knew he had to thank Nurse Redheart right there and then; "My hoof... it feels... IT FEELS GREAT! No need to apologize to me at all!" Dr. Tale pranced for a couple more moments, not caring if anypony stared at his antics or not. Once he settled down, the stallion walked his way close to Redheart again, glad he no longer had to limp around Canterlot, and looked right into the nurse's eyes. "That kiss did wonders, Miss Redheart," Dr. Tale uttered before sighing in contentment; "I'm... I'm not sure how to repay you". The doctor had always believed that if anypony did a good deed for him, it was his duty to repay him or her in full... and Spin Tale was sure as Tartarus that he'd repay the lovely Nurse Redheart somehow.