What's a Good Roleplay Title?

DarkStar

Greetings to all!

So, I've been having this one idea coursing through my mind for this past week, and a good week spent with gameplay of a certain game series has greatly inspired the planned founding of a certain roleplay topic... and I looked at the title for the general thread that this lies in, "Questions & Suggestions" and I noticed the second word of the title... which led me to the assumption that this sort of question just might be alright. I know this is a little lengthy... but hey, that's what I want to be known for around here. ^^

Okay, now to cut to the chase... the big idea/question. You might know of the Legend of Zelda games, right? Well, based on that first question, you just might be able to guess where I'm going with this... the series is one made up of roleplaying games, and in fact has certain features that make it an excellent roleplaying experience... I wanted to ponify it! I have the general outlook of a story for Equestria already, but I'm having a little trouble with the title... I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions? I've only managed to get down only one half of the title, but of course, the entire title can also be changed if you have something better! And here is the first half of the title:

The Legend of Celestia: [This is the missing half] <---- I seem to be having trouble with this part.

Now here's the general outlook of the story I have in mind... it's an alternative to the beginning of the first season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Where this time, the Elements of Harmony have been hidden away in various areas of Equestria. As we know, there are six elements that must be obtained to put an end to Nightmare Moon's eternal darkness(I was thinking of a possibility of the element of Magic to be the equivalent of the Master Sword). And the heroes must obtain the elements from dungeons and so on and so forth. I even have an idea of designing the dungeons that could relate to the element in question... maybe even new kinds of bosses. So what do you guys think? Any ideas as to what a good title for this roleplay might be? All feedback will be accepted and appreciated! :D

• Like 1

Are you suggesting we ponify the existing LoZ plots, or do we create different plot lines following currently existing LoZ lore that we ponify?

The first stated won't be so much of a good idea, but I'm all for the second. It would go in FiM Free-For-All, correct? No needed applications? Totally for that.

If this becomes a reality, can I be a Zora pony or a Ganondorf pony?

Oh, and a good title might be: Legend Of Equestria: The Nightmare Moon.

I chose "The Nightmare Moon" because it seemed appropriate for the current story pitch. Would we be using OCs and an altered plot from the canon, LoZ characters, or the Mane 6 with the original plot with combat elements in it?

Are you suggesting we ponify the existing LoZ plots, or do we create different plot lines following currently existing LoZ lore that we ponify?

The first stated won't be so much of a good idea, but I'm all for the second. It would go in FiM Free-For-All, correct? No needed applications? Totally for that.

If this becomes a reality, can I be a Zora pony or a Ganondorf pony?

I'm going to try and clarify as much as I can. For one, I don't think it would be very right to try and ponify a Legend of Zelda game entirely... more like giving the land of Equestria a problem that can be solved in the manner that you would in Legend of Zelda. At first, I was thinking about a roleplay being similar to the Minish Cap game, because I noticed that you must acquire elements in order to completely empower the Picori Blade(Which is basically the Master Sword, right?), and since the word 'elements' was involved, I thought that I could somehow relate that to the Elements of Harmony... but last night, I came to the conclusion that this might not work, because in the Minish Cap, there are only four elements... and there are six elements in the show. And these are the elements of the Earth, basically. However, I think the roleplay would be better off if it followed a similar story to Ocarina of Time. Think about it... there are six elements of harmony, and in the second half of the Ocarina of Time storyline, there are six medallions that you must collect in order to be ready to face Ganondorf! And these don't even have to be the same six medallions in this ponification... and of course, remember how you get one of the six medallions right off the bat, and you just need to find five more? Well, in this case... I thought it'd be cool to have the Master Sword be the element of Magic, and then you have to find the other five elements... Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, Honesty, and Kindness. Most likely not in that respective order... and upon claiming these medallions, the one who represents the values of such elements would awaken as sages! For instance, if someone were to play as Rainbow Dash or Applejack, or some other pony that could represent their elements, they would awaken as the sage of Loyalty or the sage of Honesty! Nightmare Moon in this case, would play the role of Ganondorf, the main antagonist. Celestia basically as Zelda... and I was thinking to do a pony version of Link that's a green unicorn with a blonde mane. Hopefully this all makes sense... and of course, I definitely wouldn't mind if you played any one of those two roles. ^^

Okay, that seems well thought out. So, just ponify the existing LoZ OoT plotline? I can assume that this leaves out the time traveling, correct? Would there be any combat?

In any case, I would like to be Nightmare Moon or some kind of boss.

Oh, and are you going to have the Water Temple when you face off against your shadow? Because it would be straight up cool that if you did, you do something like what Discord did and isolate each of them (IF the elements are adventuring together).

However, if the elements aren't adventuring together, would there be people playing multiple roles so as to maintain interest, because if their is only one person an element, they won't get much screen time...

Actually, I think it would be quite an interesting thing to add into the storyline, time travel... I mean, if it's based off of OoT, then why not add some features of the game into it as well? Learning songs and whatnot felt like such a nice thing when playing the game... I like to play music in real life, and to play music in a game too? Well, you can say I was more than just happy about that idea. And of course... just when I thought that any parts of the Minish Cap might not fit, I already come up with some ideas as to how it might be possible... this is a story that we can all craft on our own, after all. It doesn't have to strictly be based off of only one of the Zelda games. The very main events are intended to be like Ocarina of Time, but then I wondered how the Minish might be able to play a part in the whole thing... maybe there isn't a known tribe in places like the Everfree forest because you simply can't see them, because they're too small! ^^ Or maybe they're just so far into the forest that most travelers don't dare to tread much further... and maybe the "Piconies"(Pony word play) aren't necessarily so small, maybe they're just like the Kokiri that live and thrive in a forest... and of course, in the game, that's where Link supposedly comes from, and now that I think about it, that sounds like an interesting idea... the Minish could be, or couldn't be a good addition to the roleplay. It all really depends on your personal preference in this case, because I'm not sure how that would fit... and yes, there will be combat in the roleplay. What's a Zelda related anything that doesn't involve physical conflict between the heroes and a bunch of monsters? And now that you mention it... facing the heroes' shadow selves even in a ponification sounds like an interesting idea as well. In that sense, may the best side win! And of course... this is also a crossover of FiM. Make no mistake about that... there wouldn't be any friendship involved if Link didn't have some company during his journey. Again, this doesn't have to be just like an all out Zelda game a total hundred percent. Though of course, Saria never went with Link when he started his adventure... I'm wanting the same to happen in this roleplay, but don't fret! Link still has a chance to make new, and hopefully true, friends in the various parts of Equestria! Also, I plan on adding a few bits from Twilight Princess. Bits such as enemies exploding upon their death... I mean, seriously, when in a Zelda game, or a FiM episode, have you ever seen a dead body lying around? That'd be a little too much... and I think the whole enemies just simply burning to ash is a little too... subtle. In Twilight Princess, I notice that they start to turn black into ash when they die... but just before they fall apart, BOOM! Leaving behind any items they might have. Also, I think it'd be cool if Link could still learn some of the hidden skills from Twilight Princess. Such as the finishing move, back slice, helm splitter, etc... but with Link actually learning these moves himself

as he goes along his huge journey to restoring harmony in Equestria. Good warriors tend to develop their technique as they go, don't they? So it'd make sense if Link were to learn those skills on his own.

The Legend of Celestia: Eternal Night?

I actually had that title in mind... and if another was able to come up with that same title, then I guess it's good. Okay! I'll definitely use that title... I'll be sure to credit you on the opening post. Everything's almost ready! :D