An Exciting Invitation (Ice Storm and Phil the TIme Wizard)

RarityDash

For Rarity, it had been just another average day at work in the Boutique. Customers had come and gone, placing orders picking up dresses, and offering up cheery smiles and pleasant conversation. It was now approaching evening and the rush on the shop had died down, the shop had cleared out and Rarity now had the peace of mind with which to exact her craft, fashioning the most fabulous of dresses from little more than creative thought and a little fabric.

Presently she was hard at work sketching up some designs for a dress ordered by an important client out of Trottingham. With each line she added to the sketch, she became increasingly pleased and soon she was most excited to take the dress of the page and make it a reality. She just needed to add some finishing touches and it would be ready, and she'd be able to move onto the next step.

Not that she was in too overwhelming a hurry. She was actually ahead of schedule at the moment, so she could have the luxury to pace herself if she so needed. Why, at that moment, she'd even be delighted to entertain a visiting guest should one arrive. She smiled at the thought but then shook her head. No, she wasn't expecting anyone to visit then. For her it was just an ordinary day; she had no idea at that moment, that for certain other ponies it might be just a little more special

[colour=#000080]Everything had been amazing. This last few days for Ice Storm had left her simply ecstatic. She was getting married!!! After everything else that she had been through she thought that something as special as that happening to her would have been neigh impossible, but she was proven completely wrong! Business was even picking up at the shop as well and she had mentioned to a few other ponies in Ponyville. Today though, was one of her days off and she had saved a special invitation set aside for her closest friend. Rarity meant so much to her, and she was by far one of the nicest ponies in Ponyville towards her. It only made sense for her to come to this conclusion, especially since she had no parents to walk her down the isle with. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]She approached the doors to the Carousel Boutique, and it seemed to be a bit of a slow day for Rarity, though she knew that just because it looked that way, didn't mean it was the case with her. Often times one of her larger clients would have an almost unrealistically large order for her to fill all by herself. She didn't know how Rarity did it, but she admired her work ethic. When ever something needed to be done, she got it done. She made her way op and walked through the doors. She heard the familiar chime of the door, and saw Rarity working on some fabric, that was taking shape, most likely for a client. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Hey Rarity!"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said walking over to her and pulling the envelope out of the saddlebag.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "I have something for you,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told her with a bright smile. [/colour]

Rarity was kind of surprised to hear her bell chime. She hadn't thought there'd be any more customers today, and she wasn't expecting anyone. Putting her designs down, she glanced over and smiled at the pony she saw there. In the fairly short time she had known this mare, Ice Storm, she had become a good customer and a better friend. She also made the best snow cone in town, which only made things sweeter, both literally and figuratively. Yeah, Rarity liked Ice. She had her troubles, but then so did everypony.

Rarity had seldom seen the mare so excited as she looked today, however. Her eyes widened in surprise as she wondered just exactly what might have happened. Before she could piece any of it together, she was presented with an envelope by the earnest mare. Rarity looked at it and then back at Ice.

[colour=#663399]"Hello, Ice Storm,"[/colour] she said, with a nod as she took the envelope from the other pony. [colour=#663399]"What a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting anypony this evening."[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"What's this you have for me?" [/colour]she asked as she held up the envelope.

[colour=#008080]"Oh, sorry. I hope I wasn't interrupting anything. I know that you tend to be really busy this time of month,"[/colour][colour=#000080] Ice Storm said when Rarity said that he hadn't been expected anypony to drop buy this evening. She watched as Rarity paused though and approached her taking the envelope. [/colour][colour=#008080]"Well, I'm a bit bummed that I haven't had a chance to tell you sooner. I've only known for about a day and a half myself, and I couldn't really get away from the store yesterday, but I'm getting married! And inside the Envelope is an invitation. You and all of your friends are invited to the wedding. Oh, I'm so happy, I never thought that I'd ever get to experience anything like this!!"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said practically yelling out of excitement. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]Then it came time to ask her the most important question. [/colour][colour=#008080]"Hey Rarity, I do have one very big favour to ask of you though..."[/colour][colour=#000080] she said with a small sigh.[/colour][colour=#008080] "You're the closest thing I have to a family... well, anywhere, aside from who I'm marrying, but still. I was wondering if... you would do me the honor of being my best mare,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked timidly. Normally the best mare would be a relative of the individual. For somepony like Ice who had no relatives, it wasn't always an option. Her decision to ask Rarity to be her Best Mare was quick and easy. After all, like she said, Rarity was her family at this point.[/colour]

Rarity nodded along as she followed what the mare told to her. It seemed fairly normal to her until the pony got to a certain phrase: "I'm getting married." This caused Rarity's eyes to widen in shock. A wedding? How delightful and unexpected! Rarity absolutely adored weddings; there was hardly an occasion more glamorous and amazing. Weddings were always to much fun, and if it was for a good friend, that would only make this that much better! She couldn't have been happier for Ice.

[colour=#663399]"Isn't that the most delightful of news?!"[/colour] she said with cheer. [colour=#663399]"My dear Ice Storm, I had no idea things were getting so serious between you and that charming stallion of yours. That's just fabulous and I wouldn't miss the wedding for the world!'[/colour]

Evidently that wasn't the all of it though, as Ice Storm's excitement did not die down and she instead continued to speak, asking of a favour. Rarity tilted her head in receptive curiosity as she looked at the pony, thinking she would simply ask for a dress. She had done a number of wedding dresses before after all, and Ice Storm already was a loyal customer. What did come naturally then surprised her considerably. Ice Storm wanter her to be best mare? Rarity didn't know what to even say at first.

[colour=#663399]"What a rare and wonderful honor. If that is what you want, darling, it would be my upmost pleasure to accept!"[/colour] Rarity said with a gentle nod.

[colour=#000080]When Rarity accepted the offer to be her best mare Ice was ecstatic. Unable to contain herself and her excitement she bolted over and pulled Rarity into a hug. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Thank you, so very much. You have no idea how much it means. Like I said, I don't have anypony else,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told her before drawing back a bit and resting in front of her. the emotions that were flooding her at the moment were both of happiness and sorrow. She was happy that Rarity was going to be there, but even being in this predicament was a reminder of how horrible her situation actually was. Most mares were given to the groom by family, and the best mare was their support, but Ice didn't have anyone to walk her down the isle. It was a bit disheartening to know that her own parents wouldn't be at the wedding. Of course not that she had sent them an invitation to begin with. She honestly didn't want them there. She didn't want to deal with that drama on her wedding day. It's not like they'd care anyway. They've never been there for me before and I've made it this long without them, so as far as I'm concerned, they don't 'deserve' to share my special moment with me, she thought to herself.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]She soon found her eyes wandering before she noticed one of the dresses and it snapped her back into reality.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Oh... Oh my! I'm going to need a dress. Sweet Celestia I have two amazing dresses already but, I don't know if it would be appropriate to wear a dress that isn't a wedding dress for a wedding! And I have to buy the food, and the entertainment and..."[/colour][colour=#000080] she said realizing where she was, [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"And a place big enough to fit everypony I've invited and anyone else in Ponyville that wants to attend. Of all the invitations I've sent out, the two most important ones that I've sent out that I really hope would show up would be you of course, and we've already established that you'd not only be there for but are also the best mare, which again, it is my honor to have you as my best mare. I can think of no pony else better for the title. The other pony thought that I really, Really hope shows up will be Princess Luna. The entire reasoning behind me having the wedding in the evening is because I know that Luna sleeps a lot during the day,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said with a sigh. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"It's probably a bit unreasonable though to hope for such a thing. I'm sure Luna's a very busy pony and the like,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she started with a sigh. [/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"I think the reason I am inspired by Luna so much is because we were both abandoned by those we loved. Granted Princess Celestia accepted Luna back into the castle with her, but most of Luna's subjects haven't, and I think it's obvious that Princess Luna truly did love everyone and that's one of the reasons why she turned into Nightmare Moon to begin with. She felt like everypony had abandoned her because everypony always ignored her. Now most still abandon her because they fear her. I know that she's hurting on a completely different scale than I am, but it's the same pain. The only reason I know Luna has it worse is because I was abandoned by two ponies. Granted they were my parents, but still, she was abandoned by almost everypony. So she feels the same pain I feel times the number of ponies in Equestria. Yet she continued on and still tries to hold herself up. I admire her for that fact alone. That she's still able to keep a strong will now when in all honesty, things haven't really changed for her," [/colour][colour=#000080]she commented. [/colour]

Rarity grinned as her friend hugged her. It was a good thing to see her so overwhelmingly happy. That happiness didn't stick completely though as it soon mixed with some concern and visible worry. Rarity wondered why a moment, but soon the words were pouring out of the other mare. Rarity nodded as she listened patiently. Ice's concerns were reasonable ones for a mare to be married. She needed a dress and she worried if all her close friends would attend. One friend in question being Princess Luna did make it a little more atypical, but it was still understandable.

[colour=#663399]"Well, first off, I'd be delighted to make your wedding dress, if you'd want me to," [/colour]she said with a nod. [colour=#663399]"As you're aware my rates for close friends are more than reasonable, and as your best mare I'd be happy to give you a healthy discount."[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"Now as for Luna, dear, I can't say I know for certain that she'll be able to make it; quite honestly I'm better acquainted with her sister myself, but from what I do know of her, I'm sure she'll try her best to make it for you," [/colour]Rarity said with a steady nod. [colour=#663399]"I certainly wouldn't count her out."[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"And despite it all, I think Princess Luna is happier now than she's been in quite a long time. She looked that way at the reception for the last wedding I attended at least,"[/colour] Rarity chimed, smirking.

[colour=#000080]Ice smiled, but politely shook her head when she mentioned a discount.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "I appreciate it, but you put too much work into your dresses for that kind of a discount, and I simply refuse to let you lose money on a dress on my behalf. Normal price is fine. Besides, you deserve every bit of it,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said with a smile. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"As for the style, I'll leave it up to your best judgment. I'm sure you've done several wedding dresses in the past and know what the ins and outs of weddings are. I would prefer something simple and Elegant but I'll leave this one in your hooves,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said as Rarity started to speak again. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]She said that while it's impossible to guarantee that Luna would be able to make it to the wedding, she was sure that Luna would do everything in her power to attend if she's able to, and that she's been happier now than she was for a long time. Or at least, she looked a lot happier from the last wedding reception she had attended. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Oh, I wouldn't have known. I... didn't get to go to that wedding. Too many Aristocrats there. If I would have been there I probably would have made Chrysalis look like child's play. Of course, I've been able to talk and let out a lot of the frustration I've had with Canterlot, so I can at least safely say I'm not a ticking time bomb anymore. She did still seem quite surprised though when I talked to her in Canterlot. It was almost as if Luna wasn't expecting any pony to be awake at the hours that I am,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she spoke before her eyes went wide again, [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Oh, you still have my measurements from my last dress right? or will you need to take them again? If there's one minute thing I do know about fashion, is that wedding dresses can always be tricky,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said with a smile.[/colour]

Rarity's expression evened as the other mare insisted upon normal price for her dress. Ice Storm was always like this. Rarity swore this mare could be too humble some times. Well, no one was going to tell the Element of Generosity herself that she couldn't cut a friend of hers some slack, not even that friend herself. And considering Rarity set her own prices for her dresses, Ice would never have to know she was getting her deserved discount here. The mare went on to talk of the style she wanted for the dress then touched on her views on Cadance's wedding before returning to the dress and asking if she needed new measurements. Rarity gave a small laugh.

[colour=#663399]"Well, that depends on if you think they might have changed somehow. Perhaps if you've had one too many snow cones since the last time I took them..."[/colour] she said, smiling. [colour=#663399]"But generally speaking I'm quite thorough when I take my measurements the first time. In this business I see a lot of return customers after all."[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"As for the royal wedding, it was fun, but I'm sure you've heard of the... certain issues... that surrounded it. Honestly you were probably better off not being there in Canterlot through all of that..."[/colour] Rarity added with a steady nod to the mare.