Crime in Equestria

Kayian

Now I know when you are making an RP, you can say that there is or was, but I am applying for a Equestria world RP and from what we have seen, there hasn't been any crimes.

My question to ya'll is, what would your answer be, cuz your feed back would give me an idea of how to make my characters backround story.

They're minor crimes to be sure, but realistically, even just being a jerk is the emotional reaction equivalent to a minor crime in Equestria.

Well... Flim Flam Brothers tried to swindle the Apples out of their farm with a confidence scheme, which is pretty serious, even in real life, and they'd likely have done it before too. Then you have NMM, Discord and Chrysalis, though, except for NMM none of them were Equestrian citizens, and NMM was corrupted, so I'm not sure if those cases counts. Other than that, the only other crime was the stealing of that apple.

Crimes in Equestria tend to be minor as Scotchie said, but that doesn't mean they don't have more serious crimes. They just happen to be more rare. I highly doubt they have many, if any, violent crimes though. I'd say they don't have any unless they are big bads or creatures (Chrysalis, Discord, NMM, Hydra, Manticore).

Technically, I think Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy's eating of the "MMMM" while it was in transit was equivalent to vandalism or willful destruction of property.

Also, I love, love, love the girl, but putting Derpy in charge of anything heavy (pianos, etc.) is almost tantamout to reckless endangerment of everypony around her. :P

Just to be clear, serious crimes are not welcome in Mane RP. If you would not see it happen in FiM, it is not welcome in Mane RP. If you're not sure, feel free to ask any of the RP staff -- we'll be more than happy to review specifics, and let you know why something may or may not work.

Just to be clear, serious crimes are not welcome in Mane RP. If you would not see it happen in FiM, it is not welcome in Mane RP. If you're not sure, feel free to ask any of the RP staff -- we'll be more than happy to review specifics, and let you know why something may or may not work.

right, I was thinking of something for a character to go off of, though it didn't work....

• 4 weeks later...

Remember that in Equestria (Mane RP), there is an unknown level of 'environmental response' to negative emotions. Windigoes ('s?) are attracted to something as simple as arguments and stay around if those arguments continue. Would they, or something worse, be attracted to long term 'low scale' crimes (theft, intimidation) or short term 'high scale' crimes (protracted violence, murder)?

How epic would a war be if the environment itself is fighting against all sides?

Obviously in free-form RP's anything goes