Running of the Leaves 2012 (OOC Signup, Standings, Discussion)

Welcome to theย 2012 Running of the Leaves signups, standings and OOC discussion thread. The start date is November 9th; the end date is December 7th.

- The Running of the Leaves is a race that spans through the White-tail woods. We will have a special thread for every four days of the race- each of these four days represent a different stage of the race through White-tail woods.

- Everypony on the forum can race with one Mane RP approved character. For each stage of the race, I will calculate RP scores and add it to a randomized die number for the base race score. There are seven sections of White-tail wood to be raced through!

- We will also evaluate the quality of each post per section of the race, awarding it 1-5 (up to 5 possible points) and add that to the 'race score' for that section of the race. Quality of posts will determine how many points are awarded. You can post more than once in a section of the race, but quality will beat quantity! The person with the highest race score at the conclusion of the race will be the victor!

- This system leaves a lot of the race up to random chance (which is much like a real race- you never know the strength of all your competitors!); but everypony will be able to directly affect their chances by how well, and how often, they choose to RP the race.

- There are bonuses in six of the seven stages. Sometimes they will be explained thoroughly, while other times you will need to pay attention to the words of the OP and events in the thread itself. Some bonuses are optional while certain threads are littered with bonuses as well as deductions. Bonuses and deductions will be based on RP Score and die rolls, or timing and die rolls.

- Because of the way this is set up, even if you miss a 'section' of the race, you wont necessarily be out of your chance for 1st place- hang in there and give it your best! If you join late to the race, no problem at all! Just start RP'ing from the section that everypony is currently on- you never know, luck may just be on your side!

Summary!

- 7 sections of Whitetail wood, each open for four days. 28 days of RP.

- Each section will be open for 4 days- That's 4 days to RP each section of the race. Once a section has passed, you will not be able go back to RP in it.

- You will earn race points for each section of the race you participate in (1-5 random chance, + 1-5 based on quality/frequency of RP. That's a potential 10 points for each section, with bonuses scattered throughout!)

Locations:

The Stands For Fans!

http://www.canterlot...oc-topic/]Stage 1- Ponyville 9th-13th

Stage 2- Sweet Apple Acres 14th-17th

Stage 3- Bubbling Brook 18th-21st

Stage 4- Galloping Glade 22nd-25th

Stage 5- Rearing Ravine26th-29th

Stage 6- Whitetail Woods 30th-Dec. 3rd

Stage 7- Ponyville, the Home Stretch 4th-7th

Final Standings: 8th-21st (Final Thread)

There will be a topic for those who want to watch, but not participate.

Roster:

Twilight Shine

Mojo

Sugar Apple

Harrington Sleuth

Penumbra

Earth Writer

Applejack

Opal Shards

Rising Star

Autumn Moon

[colour=#282828]Hoss Skybright[/colour]

Lyra

Gilda

[colour=#282828]Clockwise[/colour]

Topaz Tremor

[colour=#282828]Silver "Trekker" Spark[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Ember Heart[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Motion Paradox[/colour]

Percival

[colour=#282828]Maple[/colour]

Standings: (Updates after the first stage. You may ask for a more in depth tally in PM.)

SEE FINAL TOPIC FOR FINAL STANDINGS

Tywin/Rising Star- (8, 10, 8, 11, 7, 8, 11) 63 (3, 4)

Riverhippo/Applejack- (10, 11, 5, 9, 13, 4, 11) 63 (4, 3)

Bellosh101/Sugar Apple-(7, 12, 11, 7, 10, 7, 9) 63 (1, x)

Phil the Time Wizard/Gilda-(6, 8, 12, 9, 9, 8, 10) 62

Rackenhammer/Earth Writer- (6, 10, 9, 11, 7, 7, 10) 61

Clockwise/Clockwise- (8, 9, 13, 9, 9, 6) 54

Boss_Hoss1/Hoss- (4, 5, 9, 9, 7, 7, 10) 51

Greenshot Apple-(6, 6, 7, 4, 8, 6, ๐Ÿ˜Ž 45

Motion Paradox/Motion Paradox-(5, 0, 4, 7, 7, 6) 29

Diego_Havoc/Lyra- (7, 6, 0, 4, 0, 10) 27

Doc Hoof MD/Ember Heart- (3, 8, 9, 7, 0) 27

Corsair/Topaz- (8, 7, 0, 10, 0) 25

LovinMoonlight/Autumn Moon- (6, 4, 4, 0, 0) 14

Ping111/Maple- (0, 5, 0, 0, 0, ๐Ÿ˜Ž 13

Harrington/Harrington- (5, 3, 0, 0, 0) 8

Any questions and comments are welcome.

Rising Star is my candidate.

She was accepted earlier into mane already, but I've asked for a temporary withdraw for her in order to add an information I forgot to add in original application. Therefore, she already awaits reevaluation but I doubt there should be problems with this.

Is there still time to sign up?

You may continue to sign up here and once you have signed up, post in the IC.

As for me, wasn't sure what character to go with for a while, but eh, I think I'll just sign up and go with GIlda again. :)

ร—
ร—