Running of the Leaves 2012 (OOC Signup, Standings, Discussion)

^That would be a great idea if it weren't for the fact that the observation station is emptier than the seats at a Charger game. :blah:

(I still think race updates from Madden would have been pretty dang neat. *Cough* River *Cough* :razz:

Steel, are we allowed to RP at the finish line once they cross it? Those who dropped out, I mean.

^That would be a great idea if it weren't for the fact that the observation station is emptier than the seats at a Charger game. :blah:

(I still think race updates from Madden would have been pretty dang neat. *Cough* River *Cough* :razz:

Steel, are we allowed to RP at the finish line once they cross it? Those who dropped out, I mean.

Yes.

There are no restrictions on when you may post as long as you signed up. You may also post in The Stands; it can do with some activity, and it will be self-sustaining topic as long as there are people to play with.

Seriously, why did we connect AJ/Gilda separate story together ._.? I mean, they could have run past the bridge BEFORE we got there or AFTER this >< This situation came completely out of blue, after all even River didn't mark a single word about our OC's being there. That implied something :(

*Shrugs* Not like it was a horrible deed, just... meh.

• Like 1

Aw, I thought it made for a dramatic moment...

And to be perfectly honest, having that kind of temporal displacement in interwoven posts seems to me to be just a little too confusing.

Seriously, why did we connect AJ/Gilda separate story together ._.? I mean, they could have run past the bridge BEFORE we got there or AFTER this >< This situation came completely out of blue, after all even River didn't mark a single word about our OC's being there. That implied something :(

*Shrugs* Not like it was a horrible deed, just... meh.

Yeah, but you know. I was awaiting AJ meet Sugar under different circumstances to see her reaction on that little 'accident' she had :(

I'm sorry, I don't understand what caused an issue. I haven't really replied to other characters besides Gilda because she was the only AJ was dealing with at the time. Its not that I felt like teaming up with Phil, its just that it makes it a lot more fluent and less confusing when you have a one on one interaction with another character.

As far as where the characters are in position to one another, let me make this clear from my end. I do not care what the score says. I am ok with talking with last place pony and first place pony at the same time. The score, for me, is not an indication as to where you are running in the race, but rather the developing score of how the ponies will win the race. The reason I do it this way is because there is no way I can predict how Steel's devil dice will fall. I dont want to risk my leading post with a bad roll, and i dont want to assume im last place in case i get the max numbers. I combat the randomness in the score with a blurry visual of where the ponies are in the race.

If you have this urgent need to talk to AJ, by all means do it. Although I would appreciate a PM or something like that to give me a heads up on what you intend, that way we don't accidentally fall into the ravine together. ;)

So...

Whats going on with the bridge? Why was the topic closed? Did I miss something?

• Like 1

@River: What? Nuuu, that's exactly not what I've meant! I mean I just enjoyed the separate arc you had in there, I wasn't implying anything else. The RotL is after all one, big, continuous RP, and it was nice to see a bit of individualization. The scores/lists had nothing to do with what I've said ._. It was just fun reading some stories with different background.

• Like 1

Whitetail Woods! is up.

There are no bonuses. Only deductions, which are randomly distributed regardless of activity or RP quality.

Stage Five was fantastic. Everypony did great. Only two players were hit with deductions, and only for a grand total of -5. (It was possible to get -5 for just one character!)

Yeah.XD You got a 5 RP score and then a four dice roll score, just one off from the tie at top. I then rolled for deductions- you needed a six for every category, which is the best possible odds for you- and you got hit by one. Then I rolled for how much it took off and it took off two.

So... same score for a fully considered multi post coordinated effort as I got for a rushed, last minute, low effort post I almost forgot to make? That's just a little discouraging. :/

Gilda's luck really must be terrible... :sleep:

You got an RP score of 5 and a die roll of 4. Stage Four, your RP score was lower but you still managed to get the bonus.. RP points were also easier to come across last time as there were fewer posts.