A Ponyville Wedding: It is time (Invite-Open)

IceStorm

[colour=#000080]This was it. Everything was set, and the sun was beginning to set in the sky. Within the next hour she would be walking down the aisle to be wed to the stallion of her dreams. He was the first pony that brought light into her eyes and hope into her heart. If it wasn't for him convincing her to give Canterlot a second chance, she wouldn't have made the friends that she had now and she wouldn't have ever gotten to meet Princess Luna, which to this day, has been one of the most special moments in her life. She loved the fact that the princess considered her a friend and even more so the fact that barring unforeseen business, she would be here at the wedding. Oh she could hardly wait! The only then left now was for all the ponies who would be attending to show up. She had Fliers posted all over Ponyville and Canterlot to announce the wedding and she hoped that the wedding would be large and extravagant. By the end of the night though, as long as her and Dunder made things official was all that mattered to her.

She paced back and forth in her bridal room trying to calm herself. No matter what she did though, she couldn't. Everything she thought of always drew her back to the wedding and it got her so much more excited. She finally decided to sit down for a bit, thinking that she would have to be standing for a long while anyway and she didn't need to wear herself out before she even got started. She let out a sigh and let her head rest on her hooves trying to take her mind off of everything with little success.[/colour]

Weddings always tended to make Rarity nervous. She went to a lot of them--being in her trade, it was a common thing for her to be passed an invitation by a bride to be after she paid for her perfect Carousel Boutique wedding gown. She spent many moments stressing about just how the dress might look or be received and many moments more stressing over catching the bouquet. Yes, Rarity had been to her fair share of weddings; none stuck out more in her mind that the Royal Wedding of Princess Cadance. It was royalty, it was her daring friend's brother and of course that was ghastly Changeling mess hanging around the memories of it. That was an unforgettable event and yet in that moment, Rarity's excitement for this comparatively simple Ponyville wedding was almost right there at the same level.

Rarity hadn't known Ice Storm particularly long. She had wandered into the boutique one day, entirely new to Ponyville, looking for a dress for a party. The two of them had grown to be fast friends in the coming days, Rarity supporting Ice as she launched her business in town selling sweet frozen treats. From there, Rarity would often run into Ice around town at various locales and on occasion both by chance and by arrangement. After one lunch date, Ice had come to confide in Rarity entirely on the subject of her past troubles; it was at this point that Rarity realized how great a friend she had made in Ice. It also happened to be the point in which she made a second dress sale to the pony.

Now Ice was getting married. She knew the groom, Dunder Blust as an acquaintance and from what Ice had told her of him, but Rarity had never really spoken with him at length; he seemed a suave and handsome stallion though, one who she was sure would be good to Ice. Ice had been so excited when she had told Rarity the news. Rarity had gotten excited too, especially when Ice announced that she wanted Rarity to not only make her dress but attend as her best mare. She had put her all into the dress wanting to make something that Ice would look just gorgeous wearing. She was proud of what had come of her efforts.

The unicorn found herself outside the bridal room, knocking softly at the door with her hoof. As the best mare, it was her duty to be there to support the bride after all. Whatever she was feeling the, mix of stressful emotions Ice was feeling was unquestionably worse. [colour=#663399]"Ice, Darling? How are you holding up in here?"[/colour] she asked quietly, trying to sound calm, as she opened the door ajar.[colour=#663399] "Did you need any help with your dress yet?"[/colour]

----

[colour=#000000]Out in the reception hall, Midnight Brand stood with her daughter, feeling somewhat out of place. Meeting Dunder, calling him a comrade, fighting alongside him... it had all definitely triggered something in here. Something about the charismatic young pegasus struck a chord with Midnight, something that brought to the forefront memories long buried. In fighting free of their griffon and diamond dog captors alongside he and the rest of their ban, everypony pulling though, Midnight could feel some of the weight hanging over her heart finally start to give way.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Yes, Dunder had found his way into Midnight's heart as a friend; when she had received a wedding invitation from him she hadn't truly even questioned it. That didn't mean to say that this wasn't awkward for her on many levels. Midnight had never been to a wedding and didn't honestly know much about them. She had no clue how to act and even less of a clue how to dress. Back in her REA days, dress uniforms were protocol for formal events, but she still wasn't quite ready to put on a uniform again. Traditional knowledge told her dresses were typical for these things, but she neither owned one nor particularly felt they suited her. Ultimately she had went with a black long coat, one less worn than her usual traveling coat. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]It was more than just what she was wearing, it was all of it. Ponyville was where he had been from, Wind Chaser, Hopesong's father. Being near there still unsettled to her an extent. Then there was the fact that though she knew Dunder from their one adventure together in those mountains, she had never once encountered this mare and didn't know what to expect from her. All together, it left her feeling kind of nervous and awkward, even if her child and her radiance did assuage some of the anxiety.[/colour]

[colour=#ccff33]"Remember to be on your best behavior now, Hopesong,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Midnight told the youth, nodding at her quietly.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Hopesong smiled. [/colour][colour=#ff6666]"Don't worry, mother! I will,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said cheerfully, nodding back. Hopesong was excited about the wedding. She didn't really know anything about the bride or groom, but the whole idea of a wedding held some magic to her. It was also particularly exciting to see her mother find ponies she could consider friends. Oh, and it was pretty nice to get to dress up too! Her mother had bought her a flowery pink dress that she had been rather fond of, and Hopesong had to say she did like wearing it.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The child could tell her mother was nervous. She was used to having to pick up the little cues when it came to the adult mare's emotions. She was clearly anxious and highly self-conscious, but excited too. It was a weird mix for the usually reclusive mare, but Hopesong didn't think it was wrong on her. It made her kind of excited to meet her mother's friends and see just what kind of ponies they were. Ooh, and she wanted to see how pretty the bride was too![/colour]

Lore Weaver flipped the sign in the window of his bookstore from Open to Closed before making his way towards the park. Ever since he had received the invitation from Ice Storm proclaiming her wedding, he made it a priority to attend. He really liked the mare as she was the first pony to greet him when he moved to Ponyville and the first to help him set up his place. From that point forward the two had formed a lasting friendship. Although he never met Ice's bethrothed, he knew that this stallion was one lucky one to win Ice's heart.

And so, the stallion, dressed in his black suit and bowtie, he waited for the event to start.

"Why do I hafta wear this dress?", a blue coated filly groaned as she tugged at the frilly garment she had just put on, "I look and feel redonkulous!", she turned around and glanced at herself with the help of a nearby mirror. "There's going to be so many ponies looking at me as I prance about throwing flowers around. I hope none of my friends are coming, cause if they see me, I'd just die!", she covered her head with her two front legs, causing her older sister, a fire coated Pegasus to get up from her seat, "Wind! Relax, and get your hooves away from your mane. Mum won't be too happy if you ruin the lovely braid-work she did on your hair and that dress of yours is a rental. You ruin it, that is coming out of your allowance.", as the older sister adjusted the filly's mane, she glanced into her eyes, "I know you're still very upset with Dunders, but this is the way things are going to be. You want Dunders to be happy, right?", the blue pony quietly nodded her head, "It's not like we're never go to see him again either. He's still going to be our very special friend and I'm sure he'll still visit us from time to time."

"R-ight.", the filly groaned, "And the flowers? What's the deal with that?", she glanced down at a small basket, which was filled with an assortment of petals, "Well, besides making me look silly that is.", she was still one rather grumpy pony. "Well, in olden times, and even today, many ponies believed that throwing rose petals ahead of the bride would ensure that she and her husband to be would have a rosy future.", the elder pony wisely did not mention the other reason, as her young sister was not ready to hear of such things. "And yes, those are not actual rose petals but just a mixture. Rose petals can be slippery and nopony wants the bride to be to slip and fall on her rump. This is supposed to be a happy and magical day for both the bride and groom, a day they will remember as long as they live, so please, be good."

The filly nodded her head and waited to be called.

[colour=#000080]With the all of the emotions and the thoughts going through her mind at the moment, Ice didn't even hear rarity approach the room. When she spoke to her it startled her slightly as she thought that she was still alone. Her reaction alone almost a dead giveaway to the question that Rarity had asked that startled her. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Honestly, this is both the happiest, and most stressful day of my life. Every time I think about everything, I start getting antsy and excited, but every time I try to do something to try to take my mind off of everything, something within the thought process leads me back into the entire thing. At the moment, it's like a never ending cycle of overpowering emotions and complex thoughts. I still have an ever-looming fear that my parents have somehow found out about my wedding and knowing them, try to do everything in their power to make it as much of a nightmare as possible," [/colour][colour=#000080]she stated letting some of the pent up stress out.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]She made sure that her tone was light and polite though, this was Rarity that she was talking to here. One of her most respected, trusted, and closest friends. She knew that Rarity knew that of course, but still, her being overly stressed out and worried was no reason to put impromptu stress on her best friend. She gave her a soft smile. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"At least I have somepony to talk to now while we wait. that should at least help, and as far as needing help with the dress, yeah we'd better. Make sure that no last minute alterations have to be done because I had one too many snow-cones," [/colour][colour=#000080]she said jokingly with a laugh.[/colour]

Dunder was pacing back and forth in the outside back of the reception hall. He needed to calm down, as the day's anxiety that had been building up since he proposed to Ice was finally coming back to plague him. He was sure nothing would go wrong, but his guy kept acting like he knew something was. He wasn't worried for himself as much as Ice, Ice was the happiest mare in Equestria the day he proposed and today was her big day. Anypony that wanted to mess up today for Dunder and ice would get their own days ruined.

After intense pacing, Dunder finally decided to go back into the reception hall. HE took a deep breath, feeling a little shy in his black tuxedo, white shirt, and blue bow-tie. As soon as he walked through the door, he could see the big blonde mane and solid green coat of one of his favourite ponies. He instantly flew over and landed beside the mare, "Midnight!" He said happily and hugged the mare tightly. "It's been forever since I've seen you.. and this is your daughter?" He said and looked at hopesong, "Wow, a very pretty filly. I'm sure you know how I met your mother, you should be proud of her. She is one of the few mares that I can say I would be scared of in battle."

Candy Catch-em, pegasus and critter wrangler to the stars trotted up to the Reception Hall, clad in an elegant white sun dress and hat from Hoity-Toity's Boutique. She carried a wicker carry-all cage on her back, with soft "coo"s coming from within.

She smiled at the impatient groom and smirked as she straightened his tie for him [colour=#daa520]"Howdy Dunder. How are you feeling so close .to the big event?"[/colour]

The amber-coated mare nodded to the cage tucked between her wings [colour=#daa520]"I brought gifts for the wedding, one of which is a fly-by at the big moment, by some of my white dove friends here."[/colour]

The coos increase in volume and a wingtip pokes through the cage door, waving hello, while she looks at the stallion up and down. a tear brimming[colour=#daa520] "Looking good..."[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"Now, Ice dear, I do know it's difficult, but do try and stay calm. Don't let the stress get to you and convince yourself everything will go perfectly and it's that much closer to fact!"[/colour] Rarity declared cheerfully at first signs of the anxiety gripping the mare. She could understand where the mare was coming from with the words she said, especially given the mare's past, but she still loathed to see a friend so overwrought on what was supposed to be her special day.

[colour=#663399]"As for your parents, don't worry. What can they really do to ruin the day? You have me, you have Dunder, you both have countless friends out there and you have quite possibly the prettiest wedding gown I've made in quite some time,"[/colour] Rarity smiled as she tried her best to console the bride. [colour=#663399]"Your wedding is going to be nothing short of fabulous!"[/colour]

Switching gears, Rarity moved toward the dress and started to examine it closely. [colour=#663399]"As for the dress, I'm sure we can make it fit, even if that is the case,"[/colour] she said, giggling.[colour=#663399] "But let's see regardless..."[/colour] she started as she looked intently at both the dress and the mare who would wear it. After a moment she nodded; all seemed to check out as perfectly as she anticipated. [colour=#663399]"I do believe that you are all set, darling,"[/colour] she said.

---
Hopesong looked up quickly at the sound of her mother's name being called. A stallion approached them quickly. He had a brown coat and mane and was dressed in a tuxedo with a blue bow tie. Hopesong smiled. He looked really handsome! This had to be the groom and her mother's friend. She focused in on his wings; he was a pegasus, just like she was. That was really cool. She hadn't known what to expect, but looking at this stallion, the filly couldn't help but approve of him as a friend for her mother.

When he rushed up and actually hugged her mother, Hopesong was taken aback. Her mother was typically so distant with others. Sure, Hopesong could get away with all the hugs she wanted, but she wouldn't have expected the offer to extend to others. As the pegasus spoke, the filly was even more impressed. He had such a buoyant, upbeat attitude that the young pony couldn't help but find charming. She blushed as he called her pretty and smiled as he continued to speak, sure she already knew all about him and her mother. In truth, this wasn't entirely the case. Mother rarely told her stories about her travels. Hopesong wasn't entirely sure why; perhaps she didn't want it to shape the filly's perception of her, perhaps she didn't want Hopesong to know how worryingly dangerous it often was. Hopesong didn't know, but regardless she hadn't heard anything, and if this venture involved her mother being "scary in battle" she wasn't surprised. Instead it had been her telling the stories of her first Cloudsdale flight camp ever since they last reunited. She hadn't even known her mother had made friends until the wedding invitation had come.

Hopesong wasn't going to make a scene of that though. It wouldn't be fair to her mother or her friend to request explanations. Instead she smiled politely to this stallion and did a little curtsy. [colour=#ff6666]"I'm Hopesong!"[/colour] she started cheerfully. [colour=#ff6666]"It's so nice to meet you! I'm so happy my mother was able to make some friends!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Midnight smiled awkwardly as she found herself suddenly embraced by the very comrade she had travelled to meet there that day. Dunder was dressed in his tuxedo and seemed in well enough spirits, which was good. Still the sudden warm physical contact was especially jarring, and in her already awkward state threw her even further off at first. Considering how pleased he seemed to be to see her, she supposed perhaps she wasn't as out of place as she felt though. She wasn't quite sure what to feel about it, and as he proceeded to speak to Hopesong she became even less sure.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]All the same, she smiled. She was pleased to see him again.[/colour] [colour=#ccff33]"It's good to see you again, Dunder,"[/colour][colour=#000000] she said with a nod.[/colour][colour=#ccff33] "I was surprised when I received the invitation, but bonds of comradeship deserve to be honored. For all that happened back there, I couldn't miss the day,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she added just as another mare approached to greet Dunder.[/colour]

Sherlock adjusted his formal cravat as he walked to the church, he huffed a little trying to get comfortable in his formal clothing. He was wearing a black formal coat and white shirt, he left the first two buttons undone and tied a formal, red, cravat around his neck and tucked it under his shirt collar. He arrived to the reception hall and sighed, one would think that the detective was more stressed out over the wedding than the groom himself. With one last sigh he put on a smile and walked through the door; he looked around at the collection of strange ponies in the hall until he found a familiar looking brown pegasus colt. He smiled and walked over to the crowd speaking just loud enough for Dunder to hear him. [colour=#800000]"Well it's good to see the stag party last night didn't effect you too much today.... Surprisingly you look good in a tux Dunder."[/colour] He smiled and patted Dunder on the shoulder making his presence well known to the rest of the crowd. He nodded to the rest of Dunder's friends and after introductions were made he turned back to his old flatmate, [colour=#800000]"Well if you'll excuse me my dear friend, I need to do something that YOU should have done quite a long time ago. I'll be back after saying hello to your finance." [/colour]He winked at Dunder and proceeded off to the brides room. After arriving he collected himself for a moment then softly knocked on the door, [colour=#800000]"Excuse me Miss Ice Storm? I was wondering if I could take a short moment of your time? I'm Dunder's old flatmate, Sherlock." [/colour]He waited patiently for her reply

[colour=#000080]Ice smiled at Rarity's comforting words. She was right after all. Ice had all of her friends here to back her up and Dunder. Even if by some miracle that her parents do show up, there's not a thing that they can do to her at this point. She's so far along in her new life that it really didn't matter what they did. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Thanks Rarity, you're right. Everything will be perfect. You and Dunder being here have already made it so, and I still can't put into words how amazing the dress is. Just when I think I can't be any more amazed of your work than I already was, you've always found a way to make me speechless,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said walking over and placing a hoof on her shoulder.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Most importantly, I wanted to thank you for coming. I know you never had any intention of missing the wedding at all, but you're the closest thing I have to a sister, and well, words can't describe how appreciative and grateful I am to have met a friend like you,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told her as she heard a knock at the door and another pony opening it. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]Standing in the doorway was a dark brown earth pony in a black suit jacket with a white shirt underneath. He introduced himself as an old Flatmate of Dunder, whatever that was. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Hello Sherlock, and of course. What can I do for you?"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked politely.[/colour]

"So bored.", Wind Walker growled as she glanced down at the floor, "And why does this dress have to be so poofy? It's hard to move and I can't flex my wings or they'll get tangled up in his bow thing.", she glanced disapprovingly at the large ribbon that hung from the back of her white flower-girl dress, "How come I have to wear a fancy dress and you don't? You're wearing the same clothes you wore for Moon's graduation. No fair."

The older sister stood proudly in her military dress, "Well, I'm not actually -part- of the wedding like you are, I'm just attending, so as long as I dress nicely, I should be fine, and this is generally what is expected of me to wear at such events.", the red coated mare wore a stylish blue dress skirt and jacket which was adorned with her silver bars and badges she had earned over the years. "Would have worn this for Shin..er..Captain Shining Armor's wedding if I had attended and was not hundreds of miles away during the event. Still, maybe we're not in the right room. We should go and try to find the others. Hopefully there might be some children you can at least interact with."

After helping her sister down from her chair, the two ponies left the room and slowly navigated the hallway. "You need to behave yourself Windy. This is one of the most important days for both Dunder and Ice Storm. So please no more whining.", Fire whispered as they walked. From where they cantered, they could hear familiar voices, which they followed. Eventually the pair came across a black coated stallion. Fire knew she had seen him before. He was the owner of rather well hidden themed pub in Canterlot and also Dunder's roomie. Fire smiled politely and waited for his conversation to end before she managed to get a word in.

"Excuse me Miss Ice Storm.", the mare gave off a rather sheepish grin, "We're here. Wind here is ready, and we were wondering where we need to be at this moment, and if there's anything we can do, just ask. Little missy here is getting fussy.", The Pegasus noticed a somewhat familiar unicorn in the room with her and she could have sworn she had seen this mare before..But where?

• 2 weeks later...

Dunder was upset that Midnight didn’t hug back. After all that they had been through, with one of the dangerous missions he has ever been in was spent fighting alongside and even looking at her for inspiration. He thought she would know how to return a hug, especially with a daughter. Maybe there was more to it, and in that case he wasn't sure if he wanted to know what it was. If anything, she'd warm up by the end of it. It was a wedding, after all. "Midnight, I am so glad to see you came. We'll need o catch up, maybe I'll take you out to get a few drinks with some of my other travelling buddies.." He said and glanced around, wondering where Fire was, "Speaking of her, she has a sister, about your age..." He said as he looked over at Hopesong.

Then Candy approached, he was about to speak as she approached, but she spoke before him and caught him off guard. After her examination and the tear brimming in her eye, he smiled softly and hugged her tightly, "Please don't cry Candy." He said and gave her a small squeeze. He couldn't stand to see one of his friends cry, especially since he knew he could be part of the problem.

Then another pony approached, Dunder smiled wide, "Sherlock! You smelly dirt--" He cut himself off when he remembered Hopesong's presence. AS Sherlock trotted up and spoke, Dunder could only smile. He knew Sherlock would come, but he was glad to see he stallion there nonetheless. "It's good to see the stag party didn't get me face-down in a ditch near Manehattan." He said and chuckled. But as he left, Dunder felt worried for a moment, "Just....don't make her hate you!" He called after Sherlock as the dark brown stallion left to go talk to Ice Storm.

Lore decided that it might be best for him to try and get to know the ponies attending the wedding as he was unclear when it would start. He didn't want to appear as some unsocial pony after all. Getting out of his seat, he trotted along the wedding area to see who he could find. For a moment he thought he would talk to Ice Storm, but no doubt she was getting ready for the big event and as such unable to talk much to him.

It was then that he saw a sharply dressed pegasus pony with a few others around him. Lore figured that he must be the groom, Dunder. Ice talked about him, but Lore never actually met him before. Now was as good a time as any.

[colour=#800080]"Excuse me," [/colour]Lore said not wanting to interrupt the conversation between the groom and the other ponies, [colour=#800080]"but you are Dunder right?"[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Oh no, oh no. Princess Luna thought, as her chariot raced over the Everfree Forest. She should have known that a daytime event was a bad idea. She'd overslept, and nearly missed the wedding altogether. Luckily for a little Alicorn magic, she was able to be ready in a few moments. The chariot, as she had ordered the previous day, had been waiting at least half an hour for her to arrive. She did feel bad for the Pegasi guards, and made a mental note to make it up to them somehow. She would have invited them to the wedding, but that was not an invitation she was at liberty to extend.

They landed on one of the paths that looped the park, which was rocky but free of grass, and would not disturb the perfectly cut lawn. After all, the wheels of the carriage could likely dig divots into the ground, and it wouldn't do for somepony to trip in a hole and fall. Besides, turning up earth would only make it muddy for when the princess had to leave the chariot.

She was, of course, dressed elegantly for the occasion. This was a wedding, after all! Glancing around, Luna could see that the wedding party had not yet made their way down the aisle. She sighed with relief, quickly making her way to the wedding area and finding a seat. She breathed in, letting out a few calming breaths. Though she hadn't been the one pulling the chariot to get here, she had still grown slightly panicked at the thought of being late. Sure, she had informed Ice Storm that she might not be on time, but how would that look to everypony else? Being a princess did not excuse tardiness. In fact, it was much more important for a princess not to be tardy, seeing as she should set an example for others. Well, the important thing was that she was seated, so she no longer had to worry.[/colour]

Rarity smiled at Ice as she offered up more sweet words for both her and the dress she had worked so hard on. She was glad Ice was happy. She deserved to be, especially on this most special day.

[colour=#663399]"it's a delight to see you so pleased,"[/colour] Rarity said with a simple nod. [colour=#663399]"I really do hope that this marriage leads both of you to nothing but the most wonderful and lasting of happiness."[/colour]

She continued to smile as Ice moved toward the door, answering the call of a stallion who introduced himself as an old flatmate of the groom.

---
[colour=#ccff33]"Uh, sure... I'd be delighted to join you,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Midnight said with a somewhat hesitant nod as Dunder proposed she join him and some of his other traveling companions for drinks. She was curious about the other sorts of ponies Dunder knew. She even wondered if perhaps some of their other companions still might show for the wedding.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]As she wondered about the stallion's companions, she was given her first impressions of a couple, first a mare in tears offering up some kind of bird cage and then a stallion who seemed to be on very comfortable terms with the groom. Dunder responded to them with his usual cheerful, charming attitude. This was cleary a stallion who excelled at getting along with others. For that, he really couldn't be much different from a highly reticent and purposely laconic mare like Midnight. It was also probably the only reason she was here. Nothing short of this manner of pony could have connected to her.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"Oh? There's another pony my age here?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Hopesong started excitedly, smiling at the words the stallion said. She didn't have a lot of friends her own age. It was kind of hard to meet young ponies out in the wilderness where they lived. Mostly it was just her, her mother and Sable, her pet cat. It was only at her recent flight game where she finally started to really make some friends her own age. If there was really another filly here, that was exciting news.[/colour]

Percival the Groom-stallion, nervously walked up into the bustling crowd ahead, shifting nervously in his uniform. He was wearing his new Army Service Uniform. On the center of the uniform, brandishes an upside-down spade emblazoned with his cutie-mark, a red cross. On the side shoulder, the 1st Battalion SSI with a "Special Forces" tab. He was relocated to Order "IV" after his valiant service, for helping the wounded in the northern wilderness, and to further help overseas. He was also promoted to Corporal, as shown by two golden dashes on his other shoulder. Besides his rather, decorated stature, Percival was sure to give the attention to one of his close friends, Dunder. Percival was excited, and rather eager to see him again. It seems like just yesterday, where they were huddling up under a tent of branches, fighting to survive the mountain cold. He was elated to see him again, in more formal environment.

Percy arrived here from where he was serving, in Canterlot. The wagon ride was long and strenuous, but there was no way in Tartarus, would he ever set foot in an airship again! He was able to take a one-week leave from service.

Percy walked into the busy crowd of ponies, uttering "excuses" and "pardons" along the way. He looked desperately for the brown pegasus, but could never find him! Percy finally gave up, and asked a fellow pony nearby.

[colour=#daa520]"'Allo, right, can yer please tell me where I could find the groom, please?"[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"Right over there, sir"[/colour]

The mare pointed towards a small clearing in the crowd.

[colour=#daa520]"Uh, thanks!"[/colour]

And there he was.

Dunder Blust, in a sharp tuxedo, and looking happier than ever. This wasn't the "bust you face in" Dunder that Percival met during the crash, this Dunder seemed much more... happier. His face gleamed bright like the sun, and perhaps even brighter when he saw Percy. This was truly the happiest day of his life... Without further ado, Percy trotted up to greet the tan fellow.

Muggo' Ale had been running a bit behind, but then again, it was a big day. Lots of stuff to get prepared. He'd gotten the invitation, surprised at the words that were on it.

Best stallion.

It'd brought a manly tear to his eye, he'd fully admit.

He'd even cleaned himself up for the day. Gone was his usual tweed bakersboy, instead he went without a hat, his mane groomed back and clipped properly, much different than his usual mess of grey. He even wore a suit, a nice, darker grey suit with a red tie, not having much else. Once he'd checked himself in the mirror one last time, he made his way to the reception.

The party was already proverbially started when he got there. Familiar faces were few and far between, but he finally recognized two: Midnight Brand, the earth pony mare who'd been his comrade-in-arms, along with Dunder, during a bit of a scuffle in griffon territory. And, of course, the buck of the hour, Dunder Blust himself, in quite the snazzy tux.

"Dunder, b'y! How's ya gettin' on?" he called out as he trotted over, a grin on his face. He wrapped a foreleg around his neck and threatened to tussle his hair with the other hoof, but ended up just laughing and hugging him. "Look at ya! Not a bad bit nice, b'y, not at all." He'd accidentally shifted his tie with the hug, so Muggo' Ale adjusted it for Dunder.

"Celestia t'underin'. Here me is, grey in the mane-" it was mostly a joke, considering it'd always been grey "-an' still chasin' skirts, an' I'm at me best b'y's weddin'. Now that don't make a lick o' sense t'me," he joked, grinning happily. "But hey, long may yer big jib draw. An' congrats. Brought a tear to me eye to get the news. Sorry I missed yer stag, train was late comin' in," he explained. That greeting over, he turned to Midnight and gave her a bit of a bow. "An' a fine day t'ya, Midnight Brand. Yer lookin' good. Haven't kept in touch, how's ya gettin' on?" he asked.

It was then Muggo' noticed the young filly next to Midnight and chuckled, smiling warmly. "I take it that's yer daughter?" he asked, looking down at Hopesong. He smiled and gave a bit of a bow toward her. "Muggo' Ale. Comrade-in-arms, fer a short time, o' yer Mum's," he explained. If anything, he was as excited as the groom was, which was saying something.

Sherlock opened the door with Ice's permission and walked in. He smiled as he approached her, and took her hoof in his, [colour=#800000]"Ah well so this is the filly that captured him?" [/colour]He gave her hoof a light kiss and set it back down. [colour=#800000]"A pleasure to finally meet you Miss Storm. For the life of me I don't know why its taken him so long to introduce us proper." [/colour]Sherlock chuckled a little at his playful jab to Dunder, despite him not being there. [colour=#800000]"I just had to come and meet you before the ceremony, he's quite the lucky stallion." [/colour]After the pleasantries Sherlock turned to the other mare in the room and smiled, [colour=#800000]"Hello, my apologies I don't believe we've me." [/colour]Sherlock walked over to Rarity looking her over, as she opened her mouth to speak he stopped her. [colour=#800000]"Shh don't say a word, I like to see if I can do this myself." [/colour]After a few more moments, and looking over Sherlock stepped back and smiled. [colour=#800000]"Alright, white unicorn with an expertly styled mane and tail, you have a posh Canterlot accent however there is still a trace of that Ponyville inflection there. Which would mean you live in one place but make frequent trips to the other. I'm going to assume that you live her in Ponyville given that you're Miss Storm's mare of honor." [/colour]Sherlock reaches down and genitally takes one of her hooves in his. [colour=#800000]"Your hooves, despite being well manicured, have tell tail calluses most commonly found on dressmakers or ponies that are frequently around pins and needles. If I were to hazard a guess.... Miss Rarity, bearer of the Element of Generosity, local dressmaker, and up and coming fashion designer in Canterlot, am I right?" [/colour]

[colour=#000080]

~~~Ice Storm~~~

[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice could only giggle as Sherlock approached and complimented her. He stated that he just had to come introduce himself formally and that he still wasn't sure why Dunder hadn't introduced them yet.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "I honestly don't know myself. The only one of his friends that I've ever gotten to meet was Fire Walker and her sister. That being said it was an honor to meet you and hope that you enjoy the event. As it may be my and Dunder's big day, doesn't mean that everypony else that showed up can't enjoy it as well,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told him as she heard something large pass over the room that they were in. Ice rushed over to the window and looked out and much to her delight she hadn't been hearing things. Princess Luna was there! She had been able to make it after all. Her face instantly lit up with excitement. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"She showed! I can't believe Princess Luna Showed up!"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said happily. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I mean, she said that she would be here barring anything coming up, but with her being a princess and all, was an extremely likely case,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said through a content smile. The three most important ponies that she wished to be here on this day had shown up. Rarity of course was a given. The only pony she felt closer to was Dunder, and with Luna here, there was no possible way that the wedding could go wrong.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Just then she heard Fire Walker and her sister walk in and announce their presence and asked where they needed to be. She smiled and let out a small giggle when she mentioned that wind was getting a bit fussy.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Well the ceremony itself isn't supposed to start for another twenty-ish minutes yet. There should be some refreshments just outside if wind would like some punch. When it starts though, I'll need you to be ready,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she finished with a smile. [/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc]

~~~Aloe~~~

[/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc]Okay, finally have everything here finished, Aloe thought to herself. If there was one thing a wedding did, it brought business to get the bride, and her mares all ready for the grand presentation at the end. Hopefully I won't be late! This took longer to clean up and I had anticipated, she thought to herself as she straighted her mane. While she knew that weddings were a formal event and usually required formal attire, she didn't really have anything that looked presentable enough to wear to the wedding at the moment, and she kept her coat most elegantly trimmed.As she was on her way out though she felt it a bit odd to be the only pony not in clothing at such an event, so she grabbed one of her nice aqua blue dresses that she had worn back home in Trottingham. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"I hope this will be good enough," [/colour][colour=#ff66cc]she spoke softly to herself.[/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc]she put the dress on carefully and made her way out of the doors of the spa and towards the park. Upon arrival the first thing that she noticed was first the amount of ponies that had already gathered. For a low-profile mare this is quite a turn out... she thought to herself. Of course she wasn't being ill-intended with her thoughts, she just simply hadn't heard of the mare before and had only met her just recently. That being said, one thing that she did know was that Rarity was the best mare of the wedding, and she was that close to the mare, then she'd be here. Rarity was the Most Valuable Pony in the Spa, and the most important one to make sure that they made happy. [/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc]The second thing that caught her eye though made her jaw drop. The Princess of the Night herself had shown up for the wedding. Okay... maybe she's not as low-profile as I thought... maybe I've just been unobservant... she thought to herself. On thing that she did want to do though was greet the princess, and make double sure that no ill feelings were born from the nightmare night disaster a few years ago. Granted she'd come back for this years but, Aloe still felt bad. She approached and gave a respectful bow. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Good Evening Princess. I must say I am very much pleasantly surprised to see you,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she spoke to her respectfully[/colour]

"Princess Luna is here?", Fire Walker thought to herself the moment Ice announced the fact that one of Equestria's co-rulers was attending the wedding. The 'princess of the night' apparently had been trying her very best to re-introduce herself into the lives of average citizens of Equestria ever since she had returned from exile. If she wasn't attending Nightmare Night parties, or hanging around theme taverns, the Pegasus could only guess she probably attended children's 'cute-ceañera' events or Summer Harvest parades. She just silently prayed that Dunder had learned his lesson from the bar incident and had learned what not to say when near royalty. She had a feeling Luna would have had tossed him into the nearest Canterlot dungeons if she and Sherlock had not stepped in during that rather strange night.

"Thank you.", The red Pegasus smiled gracefully as she lead her sister out of the room, "Hear that? You like refreshments, don't you?", her younger sister was far to distracted to even hear what was just said "One of the Princesses is here?", her eyes were now very wide open, "It would have been neat-er if Princess Celestia were here too, but I guess Luna is alright. And wasn't that pretty unicorn in the room one of the 'element bearers' you like to call 'Celestia's Champion's? I think she was Rarity.", the older pony nodded her head as they went out to find festive wedding beverages and other goodies.

"I'm surprised that silly hobo-pony you like isn't here? What was his name? Sit Squat?", Wind asked with a chuckle.

"Sir Squall.", the older mare responded with a roll of her eyes, "And he's not a hobo! He's a very wealthy pony. Probably takes baths in piles of gold bits.", Fire proudly stated.

"Yeah, gold bits, but not soap and water like proper ponies.", Wind stuck her toungue out at her sister and she wasted no time with the retort.

Fire Walker let out a sigh, but stopped when she noticed the other filly, "Oh look Windy. A cute kid your age. Go play with her and leave me alone. I need a drink.", she motioned the filly towards Windsong and in turn, made her way over to one of her old friends, "Hey Mugs! Looking sharp!"

The little blue Pegasus cantered over to her fellow Pegasus and gave off a smile, ever so happy to see somepony that wasn't 'old', "Hi! I'm Wind Walker!"

[colour=green]"It's almost time, good thing that I made it."[/colour] Swift Squall said to himself, as he watched the clouds through the vehicle window. There was not the first weeding he attended too, but it was first one where he was a guest. Because of this, unicorn would not be able to forgive himself if he would be late.

For that reason, he also bought special set of clothes. While he still had a coat, it was not his usual brown and grey duster. The one that Swift had on his back right now was made from finest materials, alabaster white silk embroidered with emerald green ornaments, that represented furious sea storming the cliff - fitting for his 'Squallcoast' family name.The shirt underneath the trench coat matched it perfectly. Under his neck was light green old style cravat, held together by a buckle with a single pearl. Swift didn't left behind his sword either, but now blade scabbard was made of mythril and gemstones, all of this polished so carefully that one could use it as the mirror. Swordstallion mane was not in his usual ponytail style either, they got combed into feathered mane that surrounded his face. Even his sunglasses were different - while they were still present on his nose and still green, this time their lenses were transparent - Squall had no intention to hide anything from Dunder, not on his own special day.

To sum up - Swift for the first time in his life, looked like a noble that he was - a very regal appearance, even if a little old style.

At this moment, an Earth Pony in uniform approached Swift.

"Mr. Squall, we are ready. We believe that synchronized manoeuvre will be performed without errors." he said.

[colour=green]"Good, and the presents for Ice and Dunder should be in place by now, not that they know it."[/colour] count of Filydelphia smiled at the imagination...he literally couldn't wait for the look of all his friends faces.

[colour=green]"Remember, start when I will fire red and green light from my horn, no sooner."[/colour] he reminded the pony.

"We will Sir, after all, we are the best."

[colour=green]"Of course you are...Well...time for me Captain. I will see you next week."[/colour] Swift said to the stallion, as he putted on the parachute. Without any further words, swordstallion bailed out from the airship, to the Ponyville far below.

As he fall like a meteor, the only sound Swift could hear was a roar of the air in his ears. His coat, mane and tail were waving furiously because of the terrifying speed at which swordstallion approached the ground.

[colour=green]"Ten miles, six miles, four miles, two miles..."[/colour] he counted in his head. When only mile was left between him and the possibility of becoming a pancake, unicorn opened the parachute. His fall now halted to almost a stop, and skydive turned into graceful glide over the roofs of the Ponyville. But he didn't glide all the way. As he was over the building he was supposed to appear in, his sword almost literally jumped from the scabbard (with the use of his telekinesis that is) and cut down the lines that was holding him in air. Squall made a triple back flip before he landed before the door, his legs astride.

[colour=green]"Good day everypony!"[/colour] he said with a smile as he thrown aside now useless parachute container.

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#000080]Princess Luna looked awkwardly about. Luckily, the ceremony hadn't started yet, and it seemed that many ponies were still up and about chatting with each other. Luna didn't know if anypony she was acquainted with would be here, other than the bride and groom. She wasn't a native to Ponyville, so she didn't have the advantage of having dozens of local friends like everypony else here seemed to.

She had been a bit worried that her presence would take from the ponies that this occasion was actually for. After all, she was a princess, and it wasn't every day that a princess showed up to an event unannounced. But so far, no pony had approached her, and that suited her just fine. It was best that the attention remained on the bride and groom, even more so once everypony was seated. Luna gave a sigh of relief, again because she had made it on time, and because she had slipped onto the premises seemingly unnoticed.

...that was, until an azure coloured pony approached her. Well, it only took one to start the crowd. “I'm surprised Ice Storm hasn't been spreading the news of my invitation around.” Luna smiled as she replied. “Although I did not make any promise about my availability, so I suppose she didn't want anypony to be disappointed if I didn't show.” she said, thoughtfully. “Tell me though, how are you acquainted with Ice Storm?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff33cc]Aloe nodded when she heard the princess state that she was surprised that she hadn't spread the word about her invitation to the wedding, but that she had made it aware that she couldn't have guaranteed her availability for it so it was probably for the best. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Agreed. After all, if she had spread the word too much, all the ponies would be coming to her wedding for all of the wrong reasons. To be able to meet and socialize with the Princess of the Night instead of showing their support to the couple to be wed,"[/colour][colour=#ff33cc] she stated politely.[/colour][colour=#6699cc] "As far as myself, I can't say that I'm very acquainted with her at all. I personally have only met her once, but I know that she must be very close to Rarity if she has made her best mare. The first time, and so far only time I've actually met Ice was when Rarity brought her to the spa for her pre-wedding treatment. With Rarity as one of our most important clients, and the mare that practically keeps us from going bankrupt, I found it in the best interest to attend something that would as important to her as I'm sure this is,"[/colour][colour=#ff33cc] Aloe stated truthfully to the princess. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"That being said, I do hope that a friendship could be formed between Ice and myself over time. the small bit that I was able to talk to her, she seemed nice. I haven't been around her long enough to know one way or the other though,"[/colour][colour=#ff33cc] she finished speaking truth to the princess. [/colour]

[colour=#6699cc]"Of course, now that you are here, there is something else that I've been meaning to address and I haven't been able to. I wanted to apologize for my sister's and I's reactions not this last Nightmare Night, but the one prior when you first came to Ponyville. It's just, well, with the timing that you had arrived at Ponyville, and as loud as you were, I'll admit it was quite scary, but all the same, I had not meant to show any disrespect if it had been shown. So you have my deepest apologies. I would have apologized this last Nightmare night, but I was back in Trottingham visiting family,"[/colour][colour=#ff33cc] she spoke hoping the princess would understand. [/colour]

Dunder caught sight of a tall, black figure among he ponies. Sweet Celestia, it's Luna... He thought, remembering how she got mad at him in Canterlot and he hoped she wasn't still upset. He pretended not to notice her, anyway, he had guests to greet.

Dunder could tell Midnight wasn't too excited for the bar meeting later. Hopefully some more exposure to socializing would lighten her up. "Don't worry, they are nice ponies." Dunder reassured with a smile, shifting his gaze over to Hopesong. "Yeah, she's none of the flower fillies..." Dunder said to the pegasus filly, glancing around again, spotting Fire and Wind. "Yeah, over there, the little blue pegasus next to the red mare." Dunder said, "Her name is Wind Walker, by the way."

Dunder then caught sight of a yellow horn. He stretched and flapped his wings, getting some air to get a better vantage point. When he saw the rest of the pony's head his eyes opened wide with excitement, "Percival!" Dunder called out happily, he could air tackle hug the unicorn, but there were just too many ponies around. He landed, waiting for Percival to trot over. "Hey, nice to see you, you pinhead!" Dunder said happily, hugging the stallion tighter than that cold night in the mountains when they had to share that leaf tent, the memories of them hiking through frozen mountains and eating berries flooded him. "Glad you could make it, I hope you didn't take an airship."

He looked over his shoulder when he heard the familiar accent and strong voice of his earth stallion friend. "Hey, Muggo! I see you're fashionably late. I understand, I know all you dirt lickers are rather slow." He teased, sticking his tongue out and hugging the stallion back. "Thanks." Dunder said and smiled to the compliments, "And don't worry about the bachelor party. I'm sure some of us would rather forget that night." Dunder said and gave Percival a nudge with a hoof, giving the stallion a smile and catching the sight of something with his eye.

He saw something in the distance, an airship. He looked up to see something fallling from where it used to be, heading towards the wedding. "Awww... Celestia preserve us..." Dunder sighed and smiled, covering his face. He knew Swift knew no bounds when being eccentric and the center of attention. "That's my friend, Swift. Don't ask him, but I could beat him in a sword fight." He took off, seeing the pony touch down and greet all the ponies. "Hey Swift! Get your face over here!" Dunder said and landed back among his circle of friends.

[colour=#800000]"Hello, my apologies I don't believe we've me.Alright, white unicorn with an expertly styled mane and tail, you have a posh Canterlot accent however there is still a trace of that Ponyville inflection there. Which would mean you live in one place but make frequent trips to the other. I'm going to assume that you live her in Ponyville given that you're Miss Storm's mare of honor. [/colour][colour=#800000]Your hooves, despite being well manicured, have tell tail calluses most commonly found on dressmakers or ponies that are frequently around pins and needles. If I were to hazard a guess.... Miss Rarity, bearer of the Element of Generosity, local dressmaker, and up and coming fashion designer in Canterlot, am I right?" [/colour]

Rarity giggled as this Sherlock proceeded to carefully analyze her. It was most impressive really. His perception was most exceptional. She gave a nod. [colour=#663399]"How very impressive, Mister Sherlock! What are you, a detective?"[/colour] she started coyly.

[colour=#663399]"I am indeed Miss Rarity, proprietor and Seamstress of Ponyville's one and only Carousel Boutique!" [/colour]she formally announced, flipping her luxurious mane back with pride.

[colour=#0000FF]"She showed! I can't believe Princess Luna Showed up! [/colour][colour=#0000FF]I mean, she said that she would be here barring anything coming up, but with her being a princess and all, was an extremely likely case,"[/colour][colour=#000080] [/colour]

Rarity turned back to Ice at her excited outburst. She smiled and gave a nod, [colour=#663399]"From what I know of the Princess, I'm sure she wouldn't have missed this for the world."[/colour] She was happy to hear Luna had arrived. She had wanted more opportunity to get to know the night princess. When it came to princesses, she had spent far more time with the mare's sister and niece. She would have to greet her later.

---

"Don't worry, they are nice ponies."

[colour=#ccff33]"Ah, I'm sure they are..."[/colour] [colour=#000000]Midnight said to Dunder at once; she hadn't meant to give off the impression that she questioned his choice in friends or anything of the sort. She was just not very good with others period, which lead to some apprehension. Not to mention, she was just generally very reticent and subdued with her emotions.[/colour] [colour=#ccff33]"I look forward to it,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she added with a nod, to emphasize that she had every intention to go.[/colour]

"An' a fine day t'ya, Midnight Brand. Yer lookin' good. Haven't kept in touch, how's ya gettin' on? I take it that's yer daughter?"

[colour=#000000]Finally here was another familiar face. Midnight was quite pleased to see Muggo'. He was very much unlike her; so boisterous and affable. Nevertheless, he had impressed her considerably during their adventure together, fighting boldly with the rest of them to secure escape. It was very good to see him again, and see that he was exactly as she remembered him. Seeing him greet Dunder improved her spirits.[/colour]

[colour=#ccff33]"A pleasure to see you again, Muggo',"[/colour][colour=#000000] she said formally but overly-stiff nodding to him and giving a small smile.[/colour] [colour=#ccff33]"Thank you. I've been well since we all parted. I trust the same goes for you?" [/colour]

[colour=#ccff33]"And yes, this is my Hopesong,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she added in response to the last question, nodding toward the young filly.[/colour]

---

"Yeah, she's one of the flower fillies... Yeah, over there, the little blue pegasus next to the red mare. Her name is Wind Walker, by the way."

[colour=#000000]Hopesong grinned wide as her mother's handsome friend answered her question, pointing toward a blue filly about her age. She gave a nod.[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"Ooh, Wind Walker? That's pretty..." [/colour][colour=#000000]she said as she looked toward the filly, eager to meet her. Before she could, a large earth pony stallion approached and started talking to the groom and Hopesong's mother.[/colour]

"Muggo' Ale. Comrade-in-arms, fer a short time, o' yer Mum's,"

[colour=#000000]He introduced himself with clear excitement. His attitude kind of surprised her a little; she wouldn't have thought her mother had friends like him. He seemed really fun though, and had a funny yet kinda cool accent. She liked him. He seemed like the right sort of friend to help her mother open up a little more.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"Nice to meet you, Mr. Ale!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said with cheer, smiling at the stallion. After her introduction, the mischievous pegasus filly flew over toward the other young pony, eager to meet a new friend. Apparently Wind Walker had seen her too, as she was moving toward her as well.[/colour]

"Hi! I'm Wind Walker!"

Hopesong smiled at the other pegasus and gave a nod. [colour=#ff6666]"I'm Hopesong! Nice to meet you!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she started cheerfully. [/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"I'm sooo happy to see another pony my age here!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she added with more nodding. Well, just hanging around meeting her mother's friends might have been fine too, but it also might have gotten boring after too much, or even more likely she might have gotten in the way of her mother enjoying herself. She was definitely excited to meet Wind Walker.[/colour]