The Coalition of Unusually Talented Ponies (Apply in OOC)

(Somewhere in Equestria)

[colour=#4B0082]"Now do you understand?"[/colour] the silhouette asked the frightened pony before him. [colour=#4B0082]"If ponykind is to continue on, we must not only survive, but go out. We must make our mark in Otherwhere, and we will need sacrifice to do so. You know your purpose, colt, now fulfill it. I have chosen you because you seem capable, but that was true for plenty of others. What are you still standing here for? GO!"[/colour] The silhouette sternly pointed with a hoof.The colt dashed out of there within seconds, heading for his destination. The silhouette would've smiled if it were visible. This would be better than he had hoped to be.

(Coalition HQ: Deep inside the mountain range)

Tank was at lunch. It was around noon, and the fork he was munching was getting to be a nub. Everypony around him was smiling and chatting, except for a few he could or couldn't name even if he cared. He had already given his food to another hungry member, and the metal tray was the part he always ate first. It contained the more useful materials, while the fork was rather flimsy. He had popped the last bit of fork into his mouth when he heard the familiar voice of Princess Celestia in his head.

[colour=#ADD8E6]"Will Tank, Livewire, Fyre, Storm Hammer, Marcian, and Discharge please assemble at the briefing room. Again, Tank, Livewire, Fyre, Storm Hammer, Marcian and Discharge please come to the briefing room."[/colour]

Livewire. Discharge. They are going to be on a mission together. Let's hope all of Equestria doesn't end up with permanent nerve damage after this. He stood up and put his unimpressed look on his face. He didn't want to appear too happy when going away.

Storm Hammer flew hurriedly towards the CUTP base. Despite being a full fledged member for his bravery in the Legion battle he had been hesitant to join, believing that the way of the hero was not for him. Princess Celestia herself had to personally convince him, and even then he refused to give up his day job, perhaps foolishly believing it to be his last link to a 'normal' life.

Landing at the lobby he did a quick time check, maybe there could still be a chance for a quick bite before the tea-

[colour=#ADD8E6]"Will Tank, Livewire, Fyre, Storm Hammer, Marcian, and Discharge please assemble at the briefing room. Again, Tank, Livewire, Fyre, Storm Hammer, Marcian and Discharge please come to the briefing room."[/colour]

Storm Hammer winced at the mention of his name. Giving up all thoughts of lunch he trudged towards the briefing room

(CUTP Headquarters)

Marcian was at the other side of the lunch hall. Being his somewhat usual self, chomping on a few gemstones and sitting in solitude. He was a Dragon, he didn't need to mix with these inferior ponies, He thought to himself as he slid another ruby into his mouth and continued chomping, as he heard a familiar voice in his head.

Marcian grunted, What in Equestria do they want me for?. He stood up, almost flipping the table that he was eating from and slowly started walking toward his destination [colour=#ff0000]"This better not be a waste of my time!" [/colour]He shouted to nobody in particular as everypony in the lunch hall looked at him, as he made his way towards the briefing room.

CUTP HQ

Discharge hurriedly finished off his extended lunch as he heard the alarm sound. Grabbing all the plates, he tried to make a dash to get them all to the wash bay. But being the clumsy stallion he was, he dropped most of them, which were luckily made of plastic. Laughter rang out the dining hall, but Discharge was very used to it. [colour=#a9a9a9]"Sorry everypony!"[/colour] He said as he smiled dumbly and picked up the plates, dropping them into the wash bay.

In fact, he wasn't Discharge to most ponies. Discharge was a pony never seen or heard, who always wore a white mask with the purple lightning bolt through it's eye. He was just some other random stallion, who probably only had a small power like increased intelligence or something. This fake identity was to protect ponies from knowing what he had done in the past. He had killed an entire town,....... The stallion had gone up into the mountains to brood on the event, until Celestia found him and invited him to the coalition. She had offered him a new identity, and a clean slate at life, even after all of the terrible things he had done. Of course, he had taken the invitation first chance, and now only a select few, unfortunately including his team mates, knew who he really was. But he had kept the nickname he had been called so many times since the event, as a reminder to never let something like that happen again. "The Black Reaper." It still haunted him.

Shaking his head, he got up and ran down the corridor to the briefing room, pulling on his overcoat and mask, slipping his knife into his utility belt. Spotting Storm Hammer, he ran to catch up with him. [colour=#a9a9a9]"What do you think has happened now? Me and Livewire are both here, so it must be big." [/colour]Discharge said, slowing down so he could talk.

COALITION OF UNUSUALLY TALENTED PONIES Headquarters

[colour=#ff8c00]"... Isn't that right Kalomena?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The great phoenix perched on the table beside her, looking cooly at her over her lunch, an enormous pile of greens that she rarely ever finished. It was one of her many quirks, she always took far more food than she needed to, as a part of her compulsive need to hoard as if she were still in the middle of the phoenix forest where resources were scarce. Kalomena didn't comment, not only because she couldn't, but because she had no opinion on Twinkle's incredibly petty complaints about some of her peers in the superpony business. 'Fyre' rattled on and on about how she had been disrespected by somepony with an obscure name, her mountain of a salad untouched, her phoenix bemused, when she received the summons from Celestia.[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"Oh! Kalomena, let's do it!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Kalomena knew what that meant well enough. With an acrobatic flip over her table, that spilled and totally wasted her salad in the process, 'Fyre' took Kalomena into herself. It was a rather simple process, so simple that it was as if Kalomena had just vanished into thin air. No light show, no explosions, just simple vanishing. But 'Fyre' looked significantly different. Her already eye-wateringly bright coat was now positively blinding, her little pegasus wings were now easily twice their size. She didn't really need to do stuff like this, in fact in the old headquarters she would often clip her wings against the walls in the narrower corridors. But 'Fyre' was insistent on showing off. So they had made sure to build extra wide corridors when relocating, just for her.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]'Fyre' took off, a burst of flame bolting down and out of the mess hall. She rocketed past Tank:[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"Hurry up slowpoke!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Then she was gone, soaring down the corridors into the briefing room, right after Discharge, then right past him and into the forefront of the gathered group. Her usual spot. She had to be in front, always. [/colour]

(Coalition HQ Hallway towards Breifing Room)

Tank saw Fyre fly by. He felt the heat as she did so, nearly getting his mane on fire in the process. But the heat wasn't just physical for him. Something in his heart jumped whenever he saw that bright glow she gave off. He was quite used to bright lights in fact, being the weird one back home who watched the dynamite go off. Either way, the flare she had in her attitude was something he had to admire.

He saw the door to the breifing room ahead, with Storm Hammer and somepony Discharge? in front of him. He heard thundering steps behind him, and stepped to the side to let Marcian by. This was an odd group, to say the least. The most powerful, deffinently, but also the most diverse. How would a group such as this work together to do anything? He pondered this as he walked down the hall.

He just hoped they fixed the rubber suit for Livewire.

CUTP Hallway towards briefing room

Marcian walked past Tank just as if he was a ghost, not even noticing him, as he continued his thunderous steps into the briefing room. He continued towards the end of the corridor, passing a whole bunch of ponies he couldn't name, or he simply had no care of, until he reached the entrance to the briefing room. His head was almost touching the ceiling as it is, so in order to enter, he had to lower his head, something that always got on his nerves, then again most of the stuff in this place got on his nerves, he was surrounded by pansy ponies after all.

Looking around the room, he saw Fyre sitting at the front of the briefing room. With that stupid grin, no doubt... ​He thought to himself as he continued his thunderous steps to his chair, His chair was obviously bigger than all the others to accommodate his large size, it was the seat directly to the right to Fyre, grunting slightly, he slowly sat down into the chair letting his wings rest on the back of the seat, and folded his arms in pretentiousness. He looked as if he was in a horrible mood, (What obviously isn't a surprise), a stark contrast to Fyre, who almost always had a massive grin on her face.

Storm Hammer's thoughts had still been about lunch; perhaps a daisy sandwich with some fruit juice, maybe an apple or something on the side....

[colour=#A9A9A9]"What do you think has happened now? Me and Livewire are both here, so it must be big."[/colour]

Carelessly, absentmindedly, he turned to the sound of the voice and came face to face with a pony in a white mask.

"[colour=#006400]Wharg?[/colour]" he yelped out of instinct. Before the rest of his brain kicked in and reminded him that that pony wasn't out to get him; far from it. It was actually a teammate.

"[colour=#006400]Discharge you scared me....[/colour]" he let his voice trail, more annoyed at himself for losing his wits than with the sudden intrusion. Him and Discharge were in the same boat, having been granted powers and drafted into a war neither of them wanted. But at least he was somewhat normal in appearance, alicorn-ness aside, what did Discharge have to do to drive him to wear and mask and hide his identity so fervently....

"[colour=#006400]I hope its nothing[/colour]" he replied half with worry and annoyance. As if in agreement his stomach let out a growl.

Mumbling a half greeting to Tank, he slumped down on a chair at the back, trying to ignore the suggestions of his stomach that he should be elsewhere, preferably an elsewhere with food.

Discharge chuckled lightly under his mask, lifting it and flashing a quick smile at Storm Hammer. Pulling the mask back on, he walked into the briefing room and leaned against the back wall, taking out his knife and tossing it into the air repeatedly with practised accuracy.

As usual, Fyre was sat at the front with a stupid grin on her face, which from what he could tell from the missions he had been on with her, never came off. Marcian was sat looking extremely unimpressed, while Tank was still coming. It looked like everypony was here except Livewire, who was yet to show.

Staying as silent as he normally was, the masked stallion nodded towards Tank as he walked into the briefing room. As he continued to toss his knife, he began to drift off daydreaming again. Unsurprisingly though, he didn't miss a beat with his knife, he had done it so many times now it was natural to him.

(Briefing Room)

Tank walked into the room. The room where all the action was talked about and never actually happened. He took his seat one spot away from Storm Hammer, in a spot where he could see the platform lowering from the empty spot in the ceiling to the ground. He had noticed how this group seemed a bit too, what was a good way to put it, assorted to be of any good use. Personalities clashed everywhere, and the cooperation level was minimal at best. How could Celestia have chosen a group such as this?

He woke from his thought just in time to see Princess Luna’s body fully emerge from his obscured view of the platform. He was curious as to why the usual princess had not shown herself, but all he did to show it was blink. Things would happen, and things would go on for him. That is how it always has been.

The platform hit the ground in the far end of the room, and Luna stepped off it. [colour=#800080]“I am in joy that-“[/colour] she did a quick count of heads [colour=#800080]“The majority of you had the capability of making it here. Indeed, my sister could not make it here to-day. It may shock only a few of you, but her life has been jeopardized twice within the past three months. Once upon it ‘twas poison, and since we have had the chefs switch positions at random. And not as of a week ago, while standing on her balcony and lowering the sun, a bolt of deadly magic shot past her nose. She had tried to identify the attacker, but alas they had apparently used spells to cover their identity and escape.”[/colour]

[colour=#800080] “She has called you all here today in order to accomplish one goal: Find her doomsayer and bring them before the royal court. You are only under the most undesirable of circumstances allowed to kill them.”[/colour]

Luna procured a map with her magic and set it on the table for everyone to see. [colour=#800080]“We have high reason to believe that the suspect may have quarters within the Everfree Forest. No exact location is known, but sending out a small troop of the guard has shown that it is in the southern tip. That is where you and your talents come in. You will need to stay as a group to get this mission accomplished. A teleportation circle shall be at your ready within a minute. And Storm, you have permission to bring any lunch you need along with you, as Celestia knows she has called upon your talents in an untimely manner.”[/colour]

[colour=#800080]“Are there any questions that you have before departure?” [/colour]Luna finished.

Livewire teleported next to Luna,[colour=#00FFFF] "Ooh! I have one!"[/colour] he said cheerily,[colour=#00FFFF] "Can you repeat that back to me in french, or can you only speak equestrian?"[/colour] his entire head twiched as electricity visibly ran up his spine. "waitaminute" he said all in one word, [colour=#00FFFF]"What are we doing again? no no dont tell me, I'll think of something[/colour].[colour=#00FFFF]"[/colour] he squinted his eyes and began rotating his head with a painful grimace. [colour=#00FFFF]"We're practicing medicine!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Sorry I'm so crazy late joining this, been busy IRL)[/colour]

(phone post, so no colour.)

Discharge ground his hoof into his mask as Livewire appeared in his normal, insane way, reaching behind his head and letting down his long, but unkempt mane from the ponytail it had been in, another way to keep his identity a secret. Walking closer to the the southern map, he drew a circle around the area of the forest with his knife.

"Princess Luna," he began, as he always showed great respect to the royals for what they had done for him. "Is there any idea if this 'doomsayer' has any accomplices? Plus, it may be a better idea to split up, that way we could cover more ground in less time. We have no idea how many nooks and crannies this assassin could be hiding in." As always, Discharge was straight to the point, having no need for banter and the like when a mission was concerned.

"And if I may," he added, "Why send us? Surely there are more suitable operatives for the job, maybe a team not so...." He looked around the room at his comrades, trying to find a word that wouldn't offend them. "Different to one another." He finished, hoping he hadn't stepped on anypony's hooves.

Marcian sighed and rested his hand on his chin while rolling his eyes.[colour=#ff0000]"Of course we are different to one-another, you really think I want to be classed as a pansy pony like the rest of you?" [/colour]He said this while looking daggers at Discharge. Still retaining his grumpy and pretentious look while giving a sly smirk through his massive teeth. [colour=#ff0000]"I came here to try to understand why I got my new-found power. Not to run errands for a queen who I don't even look up to". [/colour]Looking over to Luna with his piecing eyes, [colour=#FF0000]"Hey! I have a question too! Why should I care who tried to attack your Princess?". [/colour]This comment made Marcian chuckle a little under his breath, he knew how obnoxious he was being and he found himself to be quite amusing. As his hand was still firmly attached to his chin in a relaxed/bored fashion.

Not even a second after Marcian's extremely unwise comment, Discharge's knife came flying past him, missing him by just barely an inch, landing in the wall with sparks of electricity sparking and crackling off of it. Walking up to the large dragon fearlessly, Discharge stopped so that the Brute's snout was centimeters away from the stallion's mask.

Glaring at him through the dark, black eyes of the mask, he breathed out slowly. "Show some respect." He said in a bland, but extremely unnerving tone. Walking past the dragon and to the front of the now active teleportation circle.

Turning back to the group slightly, he said, "I'll scout the drop zone out, you five ready up." Giving a small nod towards Luna, he stepped into the circle, disappearing in a quick burst of white light.

Even though Marcian was red scaled, You could see his blood pumping in rage after being upstaged by (what he saw to be) just a mere earth pony. With Discharge disappearing, he did keep quiet, as he stayed locked in a rage with clenched fists and snarling as he tried to regain his composure by leaning back into his seat.

Luna involuntarily jumped when Livewire appeared. She listened to the mad ramble then said "You are going to the Everfree to seed out the doomsayer against princess Celestia." She then turned to Marcian.[colour=#800080] "You are quite correct in you statement of everyone being vastly different here. And my sister has previously informed me why this group has been selected. You are the most powerful of the affected and changed ones. She expressed concern on how little all of you actually get along with, well, anypony. She thinks this will be the best way for the majority of you-"[/colour][colour=#000000] Luna took a nervous glance at Livewire[/colour][colour=#800080] "To become a better group. Lastly, she knows from your mission success rate that you are all beings she can trust. With something having a strong deathwish for her, she doesn't know too many of the Coalition she can trust. She thinks she can trust you all, so I do as well."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Tank stood up from his chair and armored himself. He stoically walke to the circle without a second look back. He didn't care about the other's opinoins or quarrels. He just needed to be by himself to get his mind straingt. And with that he teleported.[/colour]

Livewire grinned broadly, [colour=#00FFFF]"well, isn't it nice to be trusted."[/colour] he began lightly chuckling, an act which slowly change to maniacle laughter, [colour=#00FFFF]"I guessed right, too! medicine! Yay team me!" [/colour]His face suddenly turned serious... well serious for him, and he trotted over to Discharge and Marcian. [colour=#00FFFF]"It's good to see sibling rivalry and all, thats great, really! but.."[/colour] his face became dark and his voice took an icey tone, [colour=#008080]"If someone tries killing anypony else in this group around me, then I have a new test I will run with them"[/colour] he resumed beaming and laughing, [colour=#00FFFF]"Lets go practice medicine!" [/colour]he shouted, and rushed out the door cackling

Storm Hammer stood up and gave a sigh; he could feel that this was probably going to end in a disaster, all his teammates would probably be a bigger threat to each other compared to whoever or whatever the assassin was.

Still, he had sworn an oath to the crown (abet reluctantly) and he had to go.

Walking out of the room, he zipped over to the cafeteria, grabbed a couple of sandwiches then headed back to the room

Holding the sandwiches in his mouth, he gave a nod to Princess Luna, then jumped into the teleportation circle

Livewire rushed back in, running into Luna accidentaly, "whoops, heheh, sorry Luna" he brushed himself of as his eye twitched once, "say, did I ever tell you of the time when I..." he cut himself of as he saw the teleport pad. "ooh! A teleport! I remember when those were still theory, what modle is this, D5-86 or HK-94?" without waiting dfor a response ghe jumped onto the pad. "I feel just like a little lab-colt again!"

Livewire looked up as he landed in the everfree forest, "funny thing about teleport pads, they were never truely sold, not one copy." he cackles madly "the poor fool who invented them hasn't been seen since he saw a unicorn with the ability to teleport themselves" he erupted into a full, hearty, maniacle laugh " quite the embarisment to the scientific world." Livewires frame shivered as electricity pulsed through it. "don't you think?"

Discharge landed with a thump as he re-materialized in the Everfree forest. Stopping and counting to three to check if all of him was there, he looked around slowly. He must have landed in a different location to the others. Bracing, he threw his grappling cord, which wrapped around the top branch of a tree. Testing the string was taught, he jumped and the string pulled himself towards the end of the grappling hook. Landing acrobaticly, the masked stallion hoist himself up to the top of the tree, taking a look at the landscape. The Everfree forest at dusk was a majestic sight indeed, and he wished he had brought his telescope so he could look at the starz tonight. Shaking his head, he took out his binoculars and began to mark positions for the rest of the team to check out. As he do finished, he zipped down back to the ground quietly.

"Discharge to team, I've marked possible hiding places for this fugitive, suggest we split up and investigate." He said as he pressed his comm, reporting in with the rest of the team. Pulling out his knife, Discharge began to slowly trot towards the nearest of the positions, hoping that the criminal would be there and he could get this done quickly and professionally, something he doubted the rest of the team were capable of.

(Everfree Forest)

(OOC: Ferm can jump in later if wants. ONWARD!)

Tank landed with a clang on the ground. He was a little dizzy, since his large mass usually disrupted his space itme travel. But he stood within a few seconds, allowing a steady flow of blood to his body. Grunting, he looked through the slits hin his helmet. Livewire was in fron of him, and he couldn't see anyone else with his limited view.

"Discharge to team, I've marked possible hiding places for this fugitive, suggest we split up and investigate."

Tank wasn't one to argue. The headpiece built into his head clearly relayed the message through his jaw. He knew Livewire didn't have one, and for a good reason, so he knew he would have to tell him.

"Everyone, were splitting up. I'm going to the farthest point in that Discharge marked with his equipment. If you forgot your scanner, your not getting mine. And Livewire, stay away from Discharge. You know your charges are opposite." With that he looked at his scanner and began galloping towards the farthest point.