Your greatest gaming accomplishments

Stonetribe

What's your all-time ultimate video game accomplishments? Did you catch a shiny variant of your favorite pokemon? Do you hold the high score in a video game cabinet at your local arcade? Or did you just finally beat that really hard part you've been trying at like, FOREVER. Anything like that will work.

The only thing I can think of right now is that I just beat the pit of 100 trials in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door today, and on my first try too. It took me two hours or so. :D

For Single player: Completing Impossible Mode for Dead Space on a new file. It would've been easier if I actually used stasis on everything but I feel stasis spam is a gimmick more than anything :roll:

For Multiplayer: Winning a game of NS2 by soloing two hives with a jet pack, flamethrower, and being a good distraction. The alien players ignored me for the first hive, but a good majority came rushing at me when I was destroying the second hive. My team took this chance to push out and destroy the two other remaining hives, winning the game for us.

Megaman Battlenetworks 2 & 3, getting the full 100%, including all the chips, beating all the secret bosses, and in 3 even defeating Serenade's time trials. (For those of you who never played the game/got that far, you had to beat all the bosses in the whole game, normally in less than twenty seconds, using only folders full of weak battlechips that you were given by people hidden throughout the game. Then you had to refight a boss who was pretty much immune to all damage. I was so sad/elated when I finally finished them, then I left my game cartridge in my pocket with a Crunch bar and got chocolate in it.)

For Single player: Completing Impossible Mode for Dead Space on a new file. It would've been easier if I actually used stasis on everything but I feel stasis spam is a gimmick more than anything :roll:

Did that too, but true challenge was completing Dead Space 2 on Hardcore setting. It took a lot of nerves, really a lot. Not mentioning time. I think it's the most exhausting and time consuming thing I've achieved in gaming (noting how I focused on that mainly and did nothing else).

Apart from that I've nearly completed Warhammer 40k series. Meaning, finished DoW campaign, 4 Winter Assault campaigns, 7 Dark Crusade campaigns and 6 out of 9 Soulstorm campaigns (took about 3-4 years because of: 1-2 map, enough for a week or two).

As for multiplayer, there were plenty of satisfactory moments. The most, though, still comes from Warhammer 40k, where I've won 2vs1vs1 match (SM+SoB vs Chaos vs Tau (me)) with moderately experienced enemies.

There were also countless moments in ET - TC:E (Enemy Territory - True Combat: Elite) where your lifespan when seeing enemy is around 1-2 seconds, since it's very much one shot one kill. Still, a few times staying alone vs 7 enemies (a lot of same level) and winning the game gives satisfaction.

MMO's: None. Those require too much time to achieve anything.

Singleplayer is tough to call for now. I'd say completing Dead Money for Fallout: New Vegas on Hardcore mode with Project Nevada installed, which makes the game much tougher, to the point where a single thrown spear from the Ghost People takes out half my HP and cripples that limb instantly, and the holograms kill you in one hit. Not only did I complete the DLC, I got the "Safety Deposit Box" achievement for it, too.

Multiplayer? Far too many to count. Being top squad every time I play with my clan on Project Reality would be one. Being central in the defence of The Crown on multiple occasions in Planetside 2 due to my stellar work as an engineer. I'm also proud to have accidentally created a ship in Star Trek Online so powerful it made one of my clanmates, and her seemingly invincible ship the USS Poison Joke, sweat a bit because not only did my ship, 12 levels under hers and with low level gear, survive longer than any others, I was doing quite a bit of damage.

The last time I put a severely large number of hours into a video game was back when the original (big grey) game boys were a thing.

For super mario bros, I beat the entire game without ever dying or making use of powerups.

I thought I was pretty hot stuff at Tetris, until I came across an arcade version and got a glimpse of the top scores. But then I beat Game B on level heart-9 height 0, and my confidence returned. Any of you guys even know what that means?

100%'in Crash: Twinsanity without realizing it.

Getting the MIRV and the Medic prototype armour in Fallout 3, then saving over the game.

Multiplayer whould have to be when me and a friend of mine beat some guys super hard on Reach. It was 2v4 slayer match, we won with something like 25 to 14. What made it better was these guys pretty much trash talked and bullied our other two team mates out of the game. So with karma on our side, we won. They didn't take defeat too well.

I got an 897 in the Arcade mode of Fruit Ninja...

Heh, but that aside...

I beat the entirety of Pikmin 2 without cheating or using a strategy guide. All 201 treasures.

I beat Super Smash Bros. on my first try.

In Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars, I staved off the enemy alone for a whole three minutes, before finding enough time to load a cannon and fire, which thinned them out even further. I ended up losing, but it was so much fun.

I can killstreak in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for over 8 minutes.

I beat Portal 1 in 15 minutes, with practice. No joke.

I beat Pokemon Puzzle League on Very Hard.

211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

Then I unlocked Super Hard. And Team Rocket kicked my butt. A lot.

soclose.jpg?1314381160

For Multiplayer, it's not really much of an achievement, but my primary tactic of finishing people off in SSB:Brawl is as follows:

1: Play as Gannondorf.

2: Knock them off the stage.

3: Side-B at them.

4: Game!

5: This game's winner is: Gannondorf!

(6: This joke is funnier if you know what happens when Gannondorf successfully hits you with his Side-B midair)

I guess something achievement worthy would be getting to 100+ points on a TF2 Valve server before the map rotates (map rotate = points reset to 0) without playing Medic (healing and getting assist kills gives you points) and not doing the objective while the rest of the team was.

• 4 weeks later...

...this one is embarrassing, but I figure it deserves points for the dedication I gave it.

Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate for the original XBOX. I unlocked every single outfit, and every character within the course of maybe two days. Nonstop playing, and I had to do it on every difficulty. Even the ones where the AI'd be super cheap.

And for the lulz, Halo 3, a match two years ago on Narrows. When my friends are flying off the end of the ramps to either section and hit each other in midair, I shoot through one, killing the other as well. One of my few moments of fun with the Battle Rifle.

...and maybe just because of how epic it was that it could go on that long, but Soul Calibur 3. My dad had Zasalamel, and I had Xianghua. Ten minute duel with no weapon abilities and 1% health.

I would go into detail about the accomplishment I'm most pleased about, but it would be inappropriate.

We'll just say I made a certain below-the-waist shot in Sniper Elite V2 in the 'Assassinate Hitler' DLC. On Sniper Elite difficulty.

EDIT: No, I don't think it'll ever happen again xD

Solo: None...so far. I don't really play solo games for accomplishments so much as for the memories that resurface from playing them. (Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a good example...I loved SO2 when it came out.)

Multiplayer: Can I say beating Halo 4 on Legendary with my husband? I'm meatshield with shotgun/scattershot...he's sniper with anything that scopes.

When I used to play WoW, I got double Warglaives, and some realm-first achievements on other characters. I also ran a tank pally in dungeons just for fun named Fluttershy.

On Final Fantasy XI, I co-founded a successful raiding guild that sold its loot instead of keeping it, and distributed it to its members. We also kept logs of our accounting practices and attendance. This made it popular (as most guilds would just give stuff to one or two people at the cost of many, or lacked transparency). It eventually paid out over one billion gil, which is breathtakingly amazing.

I think completing Majora's Mask when I was ten is still the achievement that's stuck with me. The entire game was mind boggingly-complex to my young mind, and it took hours upon hours of trial, error, observation and in-game research to reach my goal of getting every single mask.

When I say "Dawn of a new day" for the first time I **** near cried.