Your greatest gaming accomplishments

Stonetribe

Assuming you can keep the gold armor, which was always a problem for me.

The fact that the gold armor was there on the second run through the game was about the only thing that kept me from turning that game off when it sent me back to the first level. That aspect of the game taints the name.

Oh my goodness, how could I forget about my personal favorite accomplishment?

I once beat the Portal 2 co-op. By myself.

Now that was incredibly tricky. Has anyone ever tried playing a game with 2 different controllers? I heartily reccomend it. Its just difficult enough to be entertaining. Oh, not to mention you don't have to deal with the annoyances that come with co-op, such as your friends trying to murder you with portals. Honestly, this was an accomplishment born out of necessity more than anything else.

No, I usually have the exact opposite problem.. Too many people to play with! I'll have to try it though, because that sounds really fun and challenging XD Portal 2 was very difficult anyways, so I'm impressed!! :3 I beat Megaman X with a friend, splitting the controller. I moved, and he dashed and used the buster x3 It was really hard to coordinate dash-jumps, but we seemed to do pretty okay C: Oh! And the best part is, it was a rom, so we were using a keyboard XD

I suppose my fondest memory of a gaming accomplishment was beating Mega Man X4. Not because its a particularly hard game for its series, but because it was the first "difficult" game I ever beat. Once I conquered X4, it was like a whole new world of gaming was opened up to me: I could actually play games from beginning to end! So of course I went on a rampage of beating every game I owned, because beating a Mega Man game let's you absorb that game's challenge and add it to your own strength. Or something like that. Hey, it worked for me!

Some other accomplishments I'm proud of are:

Beating I Want To Be the Guy and it's sequel.

Beating Mega Man Zero 1-3 with a-ranks, without upgrading my health bar or any other stats

Beating every Devil May Cry game

Beating Sonic 1 with all chaos emeralds.

My greatest acomplishment? Hmm, normally i don't keep track of such things since i play a game to experience it...

But, i would have to say my greatest moment would have to be FINALLY beating Xenoblade Chronicles.

Yup, that's it. Of course, i did as many side quests as i could, and such... but i beat it. And that is something i really am proud of.

And now I feel old. :oops:

Old fogie gamers forever!

Those of us who remember Contra, R-Type, Raiden, Final Fantasy before the PS1, Burger Time, Double Dragon... who remember the meaning of "now you're playing with power"... let us cling together, and show these youngsters the power of oldschool gaming!

(By doing what, exactly? I'm... still working on that)

Single Player: Animal Crossing City Folk: Paid off my mortgage. In full. Thank you, interest.

Multiplayer: Taking a game of SWAT in Halo 4 from 550/310 with my team losing, and then getting 20 kills in quick succession.

The final score was 600/590 with us winning.

Old fogie gamers forever!

Those of us who remember Contra, R-Type, Raiden, Final Fantasy before the PS1, Burger Time, Double Dragon... who remember the meaning of "now you're playing with power"... let us cling together, and show these youngsters the power of oldschool gaming!

(By doing what, exactly? I'm... still working on that)

Mmm...Contra and R-Type...

/nostalgia

Mmm...Contra and R-Type...

/nostalgia

Believe it or not, I actually didn't play Contra as a kid. I discovered it thru emulation and bought an actual cartridge sometime last year.

R-Type I discovered thru the compilation on the PSOne.

I'd have to rack my brains to find games that are actually nostalgic for me. One I can name right now: Secret of Mana. That game gives me such warm fuzzy feels.

@ Poster immediately above me -- I know your feel. Pwn those naysayers who diss your playstyle!

• 2 weeks later...

I dared to one credit run Streets of Rage 2 on Mania difficulty. Got to the stadium level before getting angry and shutting off my Genesis. I also have completed Sonic Spinball with all bonus multiball games beaten and all post level minigames cleared on my Genesis. I haven't repeated that performance, all on one ball.

• 1 month later...