Disney Looking to Buy Hasbro?

kunio18

Right...soo. just heard a rumor going around that the super power hungry Disney are looking to buy out Hasbro,,,,,,,not sure if i want this, could this be the end off the fandom, what changes will we see if this is actually going to happen, heck they already bought out star wars franchise along with Lucas arts...im really worried about this to be honest.

though from the good point of view it may seem that we will get more merchandise because Disney do control that stuff with an iron fist..We all know Hasbro is pretty lenient on YouTube uploads.

Friendship is Magic wouldn't have grown at nearly as quick a pace as it did without it. While they are obliged to protect their copyrights, It's not exactly heavily enforced.

Disney on the other hand is much stricter. so i recon YouTube will be a no no for our videos and episode uploads

views and opinons people?

what do!?

good idea or bad idea.

Word from the LicasFilm takeover is that they're being allowed to continue their previous policy about unlicensed fan material (dubs, fanfilms, costumes, fan groups and so forth) unaltered by Disney. Star Wars has a huge and active fanbase with costumed charities like the Fightin' 501st and tons of fanfilm makers, and LucasFilm has always let them do their thing and that doesn't seem to be changing . Disney's modern hands-off policy apparently extends to fan culture too -- though I suppose we'll have to wait and see if those claims pan out with LucasFilm.

Of course, they still protect the original cartoon characters and their Disney princesses viciously but ponies do not fall into that category.

- Random EQD comment, but eh.

[colour=#333333]

[/colour]

It's hard to say. I'm sure that Disney would take good care of FiM and everything else, the question is (as ya pointed out) how freely the shows would become after they've acquired Hasbro. I did think about them heavily changing future seasons to the point where we don't even recognize it as it once was, but that would be insane on their part. They know they can acquire a mountain of dosh from us and will do as such. IF Disney did acquire Hasbro, what I'd hope is that they would have their episodes available online so that they can easily make funds via adds. But here's the facts, they'll likely only have old episodes up with a maximum of two episodes per week for those without a subscription to them. If this happens, you can bet I'll 'Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free!'

I'm not worried 'cause after all, this is a rumor. Even then, I doubt Hasbro is willing to sell themselves off to Disney with how successful the show has been.

But I'm curious, where did you hear this rumor in the first place?

http://www.equestria...ing-to-buy.html

Welp, I should visit EquestriaDaily more often

Considering Disney World is only 2 hours of a drive from where I live, I wouldn't mind a mlp attraction of some sort :mad: hehe

But I don't want to start thinking about what Disney might do if they get their hands on this. It could be good. It could be bad. I'm just going to wait for more info *shrugs*

First Marvel, with all of our favorite childhood heroes (Spider-man, Hulk, Captain America, etc). Then Lucas Films, with Star-wars, Indiana Jones. And now Hasbro, with Gi-Joe, Transformers, and of course- My Little Pony? Do you see?

Disney wants to control our future generation of children!

They must be stopped...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Disney likes to play hardball with copyright laws. Honestly I'd rather Hasbro keep to itself, they've been good to us and I'd rather not mess with that chemistry by handing the keys over to an entertainment monopoly.

The entire thing just gives me a gross vibe, I hope it's an unfounded rumor.

• Like 1

I'm still completely convinced Disney is the right home or Star Wars, but Hasbro? The thought does make me just a little anxious.

For one thing it will probably kill The Hub, which has been great to us. Might also disrupt some of our important licenses, such as with IDW for the comic. it puts a lot of things in a kind of shaky place. Not to mention we don't really know how Disney would treat the show, if they'd care enough to keep it good and keep us happy. Maybe it'd be fine; this is the company who has produced some of the better family entertainment in history... but when it comes to this little show about colorful ponies, I'm not entirely convinced they'd really get exactly what makes it so magical.

Then again, it's all conjecture. Maybe it would be for the best?

It's also still a rumor, so maybe it's not happening at all.

I suspect that Disney was probably shopping around for a whole load of franchise-owners these last few months, Hasbro and Lucasfilm included. In the end, they'll probably just stick with buying Lucasfilm.... possibly. :P

For one thing it will probably kill The Hub, which has been great to us. Might also disrupt some of our important licenses, such as with IDW for the comic. it puts a lot of things in a kind of shaky place. Not to mention we don't really know how Disney would treat the show, if they'd care enough to keep it good and keep us happy. Maybe it'd be fine; this is the company who has produced some of the better family entertainment in history... but when it comes to this little show about colorful ponies, I'm not entirely convinced they'd really get exactly what makes it so magical.

For comics..Dark Horse puts out the Star Wars comics, and they mentioned that this will not change for the time being.

Still, if Disney did purchase Hasbro, they sure would own a ton of stuff..A zillion major properties...Beyond ponies....A ton...Wonder if this would fall under a Monopoly (Which they would also own!). :razz:

Wow, Disney are really going nuts! Still must be sore that they lost the buyout of Youtube to Google haha.

I have mixed views on this, I'd rather it would be interdependent to the Disney Empire, But some good things could come of working with Disney... Who knows?

First Marvel, with all of our favorite childhood heroes (Spider-man, Hulk, Captain America, etc). Then Lucas Films, with Star-wars, Indiana Jones. And now Hasbro, with Gi-Joe, Transformers, and of course- My Little Pony? Do you see?

Disney wants to control our future generation of children!

They must be stopped...

Could be a ploy to make the best dang Kingdom Hearts game ever

If it were true, the most that we would get out of it would be probably more merchandise, which I would happily accept.

A MLP:FIM movie wouldn't be a bad thought either...

But the last thing we need is Princess Celestia standing next to Cinderella,

''This video is not available due to a copyright claim by Disney Channel''.. this is what i do not want to see via youtube whilst trying to watch season 3 of ponies

But the last thing we need is Princess Celestia standing next to Cinderella,

''This video is not available due to a copyright claim by Disney Channel''.. this is what i do not want to see via youtube whilst trying to watch season 3 of ponies

If that were to happen, i, for one, am launching a global assault on disney HQ...

we shall make them tremble with our love and kindness....

• Like 1

Disney have suddenly become a company that want to buy out everything, it seems that they are going for some sort of entertainment monopoly.

Disney's future business plans:

First LucasFilm, then the world.

I can feel their executives twirling their mustaches and laughing evilly from here.

'Stock in the Pawtucket-based toymaker (HAS:Nasdaq) spiked 6.8 percent to $38.66 at the opening bell amid speculation that Disney (DIS:NYSE) was preparing a multi-billion dollar bid for Hasbro. '

Underscore added by myself. Also, did you guys hear that, uh, Hasbro have got Steven Spielberg to work on their upcoming big production?* Totally legit!

*In case it wasn't obvious just made that up, before I get a warning point for trying to manipulate the stock market :razz:

Meh, just because Disney is a giant corporation which relentlessly crusades to control their IPs and all doesn't make it evil. Sure, it causes inconvenience for people like us, but there's a whole lot of things way more malevolent than what Disney does. :roll:

Plus, even if they do in the future, *everything* i've heard from my Marvel friends is that they let Marvel handle Marvel affairs. The fan community, which produced its fair share of content, and when stuff is removed 99.999% of the time it is by Marvel as part of long-standing policy.