Disney Looking to Buy Hasbro?

kunio18

Disney seems really good at merchandising. If they took over Hasbro it might have meant the toys would look like the show

Highly questionable; remember that Hasbro is primarily a toy company. Disney isn't going to pay a huge load of dough for a toy company just to scrap it all and hand the remains over to Disney Consumer Products.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I am personally panicing about this. But only in the most realistic way possible <.< >.>, disney will change things it's just a matter of how long it will take them too do it. Now for the upside to this, disney can and will be stopped..... If I'm understanding the way the law works on this matter. Disney can not hold a monopoly, which is what their aiming for it looks like, they cannot hold a monoply because, although, they are an international company, they're still based out of the US. US law states it is illegal for any company to hold a monoply on anything. So long as disney is based out of the U.S. or it in someone affects the U.S. market they cannot do it. So yea, yay for laws designed to support capitalism, in this case, I guess. Downside, Disney might attempt to push this only far enough that it is not considered a monoply but will allow them to control the majority, so long as they have some international compition.

Next, buying out Hasbro, not likely. Infact it is more likely that disney would go after Mattel over Hasbro as they are under contract with Mattel for the production of all Disney based toys. Also Templar, Disney does not own all the rights to marvel character and movie production. Infact before they merged with Marvel studios, Marvel had already sold the movie production of Spider-man, X-men ((yes all X-men)), and Fantasic 4. They do not belong to Disney, which ironically, is the reason why they don't exactly follow the stories too well, in comparison too Captain America, Thor, Avengers. Now I do know Disney went out of there way to get rights to Hulk, but that's the only one that I know of so far.

They did re-write the whole spider man story.

Hasn't the story of Spider-Man been re-written, re-imagined, and re-made a billion times already?

I don't know comics extremely well, but frankly the story of Spider-Man has been a mess chronologically, to my knowledge of the mythos.

Didn't Disney say they had no interest in this deal?

Hasbro is the one who denied it was happening. But yes, rumor was proven false:

[colour=#222222]

Heh. I kinda expected this...

It really never did make a whole lot of sense to me. :smug:

[/colour]

Nah, DC Comics is in good hands (Warner Brothers)...When the snagged LucasFilm they got alot..From their FX house which just about everyone uses to their video game company (Yay Monkey Island!), they managed get some goodies..

Nah. That would create a conflict of interests and cause a monopoly on the popular characters for American comics. I'm guessing they'll go for something in t.v. next. Comics, movies, and the next thing is something with t.v. I bet.

True, didn't think of it from that perspective. Still gonna be a while before they try anything, though, what with having dropped $4 billion on LucasFilm.