{Cloudsdale} Lite As Air Coffee Cafe Rp {Open}

QuickLime

GingerKickBanner-1.png

It was another brand new day, and the sun was high, and all the birdys sung while the hay bacon fried merrily in it's skillet, Ginger was humming a merry tune to herself as she finished making her breakfast, which was quickly downed in one gulp. After eating she brushed her mane and slapped her hat on, brushed her teeth, and smiled her best smile at the mirror "Yep, yep yep, t'day is gonna be a good day for sure as shootin!" She fluttered her wings and headed down to the cafe part of her shop, perched on a big fluffy cloud near the weather factory!

She hummed as the coffee pots started to perk, and she put in some fresh baked goods in the display case, whistling as the windows got open and all the resturant sparkling once she gave it a good cleaning! Yes siree Robert! It was a great day to be alive! Once the first coffee pot of lite brew coffee was finished she poured herself a cup, added just a little cream and sugar, and took a sip,making her teeth brushing..er null and void... she let out a content breath once she had finished her sip, perfect ! Just how she liked it...one thing left to do now!

She flew over to the window and flipped the closed sign to open before hunkering down behind the counter and took another content sip of her coffee.

If there was one thing that Razor loved about the Pony Lands as he called them, was that one of their cities was high in the sky. Frankly it was rather amazing, and he would admit that if he had to live anywhere it would be here. But he didn't feel the need, nor had the desire to settle down anywhere.

"The home lifes for the ball and chain. I'm a free griffon!" Razor said as he took off from the cloud streets of Cloudsdale.

Today was a great day, in one of the second best cities, Talonnopolis being the obvious first, and just finished a big paying job. Razor was set financially for the next week, two if he rationed the money.

As he drifted along Razor spotted a cafe, "Hey, might as well grab a coffee. I wonder if they got any fishsticks. Probably not, oh well."

With that Razor flew on over and walked through the door. He headed over to the counter, and twitched almost instinctively when once again his short stature would be noticable.

"Hi. How ya doing." Razor said as he looked at the offered drinks.

GingerKickBanner-1.png

Ginger grinned seeing a rather interesting sight! A Gryphon of all things! "Well Howdy! What can I getcha fer?" She asked leaning over the counter slightly, "M'name is Ginger Kick, you can call me Ginger though ifin that's more yer style" A hoof came up to tip her hat back "What'sa interestin feller like you doin in my quaint parta Cloudsdale?" Seemed like one of those high flyer sorts to her..

"Anyways Ah got Coffee, Mocha's , Hot Chocolate, Tea, an even some old fashion fizzy drinks t' boot! " She said then moved over to the bakery case "As well as some great samwiches, steamed buns, and loads of other goodies! In fact since yer a first time customer how bout I letcha taste one of our delicious steamed buns on the house?"

Razor smirked, as well as a griffon could smirk. He liked this pegasus, didn't make a mention of his height at all.

'Let's hope it stays that way.' He thought.

"Nice to meet ya Ginger, names Razor. I just finished a delivery for my business and figured I'd grab a coffee or two. Maybe somethig to eat."

Razor listened to the offered menu and scratched his chin for a moment as he thought on what to get, "Hmmm. I'll take a mocha right now. The steamed bun sounds good, but I'll still pay for it. Still thank you for the offer. By the way....do you happen to have any fishsticks?"

"Got to say, you got a nice establishment. A very good peaceful atmosphere."

Stalwart.png

Stalwart was soaring through Cloudsdale. It was not often that he visited this city, despite being a pegasus, but he too had just finished a job, serving as a bodyguard to some important dignitary or other doing a survey of a local factory. He spotted a little coffee shop and figured it was high time for some refreshment.

The built pegasus landed on the clouds and trotted into the establishment, giving the pretty proprietor a small smile. It was about the only kind of smile the normally serious pegasus was capable of giving.

[colour=#000080]"Hello...I'd like a cup of the darkest roast you've got, please...no cream or sugar or anything of that nature," [/colour]the muscular stallion spoke in his deep yet gentle baritone. He pulled his coinpurse out of his saddlebag, prepared to fork over the necessary number of bits.

• 2 weeks later...

CafRPBanner-1.png?t=1353443835

DING!

[colour=#800080]"Oh, goodie! The steamed hay buns are done."[/colour] This was the atmosphere Café fell in love with, a low chatter, the smell of freshly baked goods and light brewed coffee This was the Lite As Air Café, and she was it's baker. A very important part of the establishment, she was tasked with steaming, cooking, baking and preparing the delicious confectioneries that flooded through the cafe. This was her specialty and she loved every minute of it.

Café's ears perked at the call for a steamed bun. Being so far in the back on the cafe, she had learned to listen carefully for what customers wanted, some thought she was a mind reader at times, but she assured them she was nothing of the sort. She walked out from her little corner of the cafe, carefully placing the tray of fresh steamed buns on her back. [colour=#800080]"Um, everypony. I've brought the steamed buns for those who wanted some."[/colour] Café walked up to her boss, Ginger Kick's, side, giving her a quick smile before focusing on the customer she was conversing with, a griffon, rather small compared to the ones Café had seen. [colour=#800080]"Excuse me, sir. But was it you who requested a steamed bun?"[/colour]

Razor nodded, "Yep. Thank you."

Razor could pick up the delicious aroma of the freshly baked bread, and it just smelled delicious.

"I will admit, if there is one thing you ponies can do is cook some pretty good stuff. Though how you do it with just hooves has me in a bit of confusion."

• 3 weeks later...

CafRPBanner-1.png?t=1353443835

Café nodded her head as the griffon took the steamed bun from the tray. [colour=#800080]"I do hope you enjoy, they were made with tender, love, and care. one table spoon of yeast, one cup of water, half a teaspoon of baking soda..."[/colour] Café said rambling about the inner workings of her confections. She all of a sudden stopped, her mouth agape at what Razor had said. She adjusted the waist of her pink and yellow themed apron. [colour=#800080]"H-how do we do things like cook?"[/colour] Café gave an awkward smile as she looked up and around, avoiding direct eye contact with the curious griffon.

[colour=#800080]"We...use..or..mouths?"[/colour] She said giving an awkward smile and laughing. She wasn't even sure how to explain such a process to one that wasn't of pony kind. [colour=#800080]"Its kind of a complicated process, just...we can just do it. Its hard, but we can."[/colour] Café moved behind her boss, leaving the tray of confectioneries on the table, and ducking her head down. She wasn't sure why, but she expected some sort of save to happen, courtesy of her Ginger Kick. [colour=#800080]"A little help, boss...?" [/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Misty Day soared throught the skies of Cloudsdale, her well-earned bits jingling in her bag. Boy was she happy to be alive! She was so busy after managing to become part of the Weather Team, her lifelong dream, when she came down with a severe case of the pony pox. She was all better now, & was willing to treat herself with some nice beverage of sorts.

She spotted a little cafe not far away. [colour=#DAA520]"It seems like a nice place," [/colour]she thought to herself,[colour=#CC9900] "but I don't want to be a bother. The staff might be busy."[/colour] If it weren't for her rumbly tummy, she might've turned away, but decided that she had to make new friends & come out of her shell.

So, she quietly knocked, & opened the door. [colour=#CC9900]"Excuse me, m[/colour][colour=#DAA520]a[/colour][colour=#CC9900]y I come in?"[/colour], she asked in her shy & gentle manner.

GingerKickBanner-1.png

Ginger stared at Razor slightly and chuckled "I like you" She moved a hoof to tip her hat back glancing at Cafe "He's just askin a silly queston heh just set him up with one of yer DELISH buns and a cupa coffee, and the coffee is on me " She added with a wink, before glancing at the muscular stallion "Well HOWDY there..darkest roast? Well I'm right afraid we don't sell that! However I do sell a delectible light roast that has twice the kick'a regular coffee, would that work for ya sir?" She asked not wanting to scare off her customers.

The shy mare lurking in doorways made her chuckle "One musn't lurk in doorways, it's rude" She teased "Course you can come in! Pop on in and sit a spelll! What can I getferya?" She asked

God today was going to be amazing! So much business !

Razor listened to the strange anatomical miracle, taking a bite from his steam bun, "Hmm. Mouths huh? I guess unicorns use their magic instead. We griffons just use our claws."

Seeing that his question might have made the pony a bit uncomfortable Razor waved a claw abit, "Eh, don't worry about it. Just a slight wondering." Razor said, taking another bite from the bun he got. Darn, it was good.

"Mmm, this is good, probably better then my mothers and she is a pretty good cook." Razor complimented, "And yeah I'd like my coffee."

It didn't take his keen ears to hear the door opening, and Razor looked over to see the oddest and perhaps the most hilarious thing he had ever seen, a pegasus hiding slightly behind the door actually asking if she could come in. Razor couldn't help but laugh.

"Ahahhaha, oh that is funny." Razor said to himself as he moved over to a place to sit while he waited for his coffee.

"One musn't lurk in doorways, it's rude"

Misty jumped a little, but realised the pegasus speaking was only teasing. The griffin in the cafe was laughing a bit as well. Worried about that she had embarrassed herself at first, she soon found herself laughing too.

[colour=#DAA520]"Yeah, I should come in,"[/colour] Misty giggled, & the normally shy pegasus walked up to the counter. She liked the friendly atmosphere here. [colour=#DAA520]"what do you serve here?"[/colour]

GingerKickBanner-1.png

Ginger was starting to think that this mare was put on this earth to annoy her, trying to cover up her own mistake and then asking another easy to answer question that could be resolved without bothering Ginger to list off the entire menu... "T' Menu is up there" She pointed a hoof UP where there were chalkboards with the daily menu written on them hung above the cash register.

There was Light Roast Coffee, Some flavored coffees, Tea, Fizzy soda's, and something called a GingerSherbert, there were also a varity of steamed buns and other delicious baked goods.

Misty looked up to where Ginger Kick was pointing with her hoof, wearing somewhat of an annoyed expression. And there it was; the menu.

[colour=#DAA520]"Oh, thank you,"[/colour] Misty blushed, [colour=#DAA520]"I'll just have some tea please."[/colour] She placed the amount of bits required on the counter, & went to take a seat at a table near the griffon that laughed at her earlier, driven to the verge of tears because of the trouble she had caused the poor counter mare.

GingerKickBanner-1.png

Ginger Facehoofed and she did it HARD! The dang ninny didn't even tell her WHAT KIND of tea! Nor if she wanted it hot or cold! Or what size!

"Ma'am! You dun forgot to tell me what kind ya even WANT! Not to mention what size! Nor didja tell me if y' wanted hot or iced!" She exclaimed, ears pinned back! How could somepony go around and be so clueless that they didn't even fully think a situation through!?

Misty was shocked! She forgot the most obvious things & made a fool of herself AGAIN! Well she decided she was not going to forget any little detail again!

[colour=#DAA520]"OK!"[/colour] Misty rose from her seat & said, not overly loudly, but enough so her point would get across, [colour=#DAA520]"I'll have a chai latte, medium-sized, hot but not too hot, thicky creamed with cinnamon on top, & I'll have it as takeaway, thank you!" [/colour]

Misty's head facepalmed into the table. All of her frustration came out as tears, all at once. This, of certain, didn't not have the friendly atmosphere she had hoped. She knew she had made mistakes, & in hindsight they were silly mistakes. The counter mare could've at least showed some manners when pointing out said mistakes! Once the tea was done, she just wanted to grab it & fly away as fast as she could, never to see this house of hatred again.

GingerKickBanner-1.png

Ginger's eyes narrowed , had that mare just SCREAMED at her across the store? Of all the nerve! She didn't care what kind of day this mare was having, she didn't owe her anything but her food hot!

She then made her drink exactly as she ordered, and scooped up a hotly made cinnamon bun, put them in a to go bag and sat them on the counter ears pinned back..before carrying them over to her and sat them down 'Here y' are ma'am" Sitting the bits on the counter "S'on the house for a first timer'

Ginger wanted to explode inside, this was the first time in her very short time running this buisness herself had she had to deal with such a customer, and it was REALLY hard since she had just recently started being more than just a barista here.

Misty had felt bad for the counter mare. She felt bad for yelling at her; she might be having a bad day as well. Then the mare in question came & delivered her chai (just as ordered), with a free hot cinnamon bun! "S'on the house for a first timer," ,she said.

Misty took the bags happily. [colour=#DAA520]"Thank you so much,"[/colour] she replied gently, [colour=#DAA520]"I'm very sorry for the trouble I've caused. But don't worry, I won't ever bother you again."[/colour]

With this said, tears welled up in her eyes, but with the trouble she had caused, she made sure to get out of this hot-headed mare's hair, & fast! She sadly trotted out of the store & took to the skies.

As she drunk her tea (it was delicious! It was a shame she vowed never to return) on her flight home, she felt an lack of closure hanging on her soul. She had pushed herself & entered this store hoping to make friends, but only made herself look like a idiot & a emotional wreck, & gained an enemy in the counter mare. She wondered if she could ever show her face in Cloudsdale ever again. With this, she headed for her home, where her parents would be eagerly awaiting her. But the question is, should she tell them of her 'adventure'...

[This was at QuickLime's idea. I'm sorry for the trouble I've caused]

Misty was sitting on a bench, still in Cloudsdale, finished her bun. She gazed in the direction of the coffee shop in wonder; it was the best thing she have ever eaten! She had to thank whoever made it! Forget the vow, she had to! After being such a drama queen, to a coffee shop worker who did absolutely nothing wrong! It was the right thing to do.

Misty raced back. Luckily, everyone before was still there. She rushed to the counter, where the same mare she had so rudely treated stood. [colour=#DAA520]"Sorry to bother you again, but that bun; that was the greatest thing I've ever tasted! And the chai was great too! Can I have some more buns to take to my parents, they'll love them!" [/colour]Misty said, not over dramatically, but in her normal way this time, yet remaining enthusiastic.