Need Character Help

DeepBass

Guard of what, actually? I know you were probably thinking royal guard, but you might want to try exploring alternate forms of guarding, especially if you're working on the fame aspect. Bodyguard for a noble or celebrity, for instance, or the sergeant-at-arms for a well-known judge.

I was thinking of starting off small, like a village guard.

just a tip: steer as far as possible from the Destrier stuff (why is that thread still there again!), also the REA stuff

village guard, seems a bit rigid. Are you looking more towards say the Village Night watchpony?

Yep. I'm trying to work out how a pony would use a bow, and I'm drawing a blank. However, if ponies can hold spears, drumsticks, cellos, guitars, violins, etc., i'm sure they can do a bow and arrow.

Don't worry about that detail. We have seen bow and arrow cutie marks before. Don't focus on combat, but on the training and martial or perhaps even spiritual aspect of it. Ponies aren't, by nature, violent. If you craft your character with that in mind, you should be fine.

My best advice is for you to pick the right roleplay for the right character.

You may have a warrior type of character, but if it is one that carries weapons, fights monsters, etc. he or she would be best suited to the Crossover area, and should be designed in your application however you'd like. You don't even need an application, technically, but it would be a helpful reference for other players to learn about your character.. If you just wanted an adventurer/wanderer sort of character.without the warrior aspect (weapons, monsters, fighting, etc.), design it like it would appear right out of FiM, and you'll have no problem having him or her accepted in Mane RP -- though this will require an application.

If you have any questions, we have lots of staff willing to help guide you! :)

I'm gonna test her out in freeforall before I app her.

Thats what I did with my character too, it really helps flesh out ideas and remove flaws. By flaws I mean things that seem odd playing to you - of course your character should have interesting character flaws. ^^