The Coltaran Chronicles: Reborn! Chapter 1 (OOC Discussion/OPEN)

Tell me about it. But if I ain't no pegasus then no =P I want my fluffy cuddly wings.

Hehe...how would you like the second most-powerful position in Coltara...the Daughter of the Seven Seals, eldest Princess of the Empress and heir to the throne? :) A pegasus mare whose beauty is matched only by the Empress herself...and whose ambition is surely evidence of "darker motives"?

If I can still be a fighter chick... I mean I don't wanna sit around being a symbol for something. Look at how I play Chrysalis, she's not just a symbol of their monarchy, shes the mightiest changeling and she can protect her subjects herself.

Other than that... sounds fine to me - Pegasus check, Mare check, possibly filly fooler check.

If I can still be a fighter chick... I mean I don't wanna sit around being a symbol for something. Look at how I play Chrysalis, she's not just a symbol of their monarchy, shes the mightiest changeling and she can protect her subjects herself.

Other than that... sounds fine to me - Pegasus check, Mare check, possibly filly fooler check.

The DotSS basically can have/do whatever she wants...so, yes, she can fill all those things :) also, it is her duty to not simply sit in the Palace...but actually to maintain the military power of the Empire. As the protector of the Seven Seals to Darkwing's Prison, she needs the best combat training and battle Qai'Maga available.

Scythe: By tradition, the Princesses are usually named after flowers (ex. Tulipia, Rosella), whereas the Princes are named off of metals (ex. Ironus, Silvan, Goldar)

Mustang: Well, due to Sub-Zero's clan history...perhaps they first rebelled against the Empire's control of the Icewalker's Dominion, and as a result lost many members, including Sub-Zero's father? With the death of his father, Sub-Zero took control of the clan and decided to make peace with the superior Empire, trading their services as a mercenary group in exchange for free reign over their specific territories?

Name: His real name is shrouded in mystery, he is instead known as the 'Black Knight'

Sex: Male

Species: Unknown, apparently pony and he himself claims to be one.

Appearance: Only two ponysonas in all of Coltara know how he really looks like. Despite that he is easily identifiable and well known in Dragoran Empire. His impressive, behemot for the pony statue, onyx black plate armour and scarlet cape are signs of dread for those who face him, and can't be mistaken with anypony else.

Origins/Residence: Land of his birth is a secret and he will ignore any questions about it. Currently he resides in Ashen Gate at Empress side but is also known to have mansion at Riptide Bay

Bio: First stories about pony in pitch black armor started around five centuries ago. From that time onwards it's owner was often sighted during important events and in places all over empire. Inhabitants tell among themselves stories about this enigmatic warrior. Some say he is dark spirit that is bound to the service of the Empire by the powerful magic. Other stories claim that he is pony cursed by gods to live forever for some terrible atrocity that he committed in the past. On the opposite there is the tale that tells that black armour is simply passed from pony to pony, from master to student who is deemed worthy. Whatever is the case Black Knight from time of his first appearance was known as one of the Empire Great Generals. He has proven to have excellent tactical skills and his swordsmanship has no equal in all of the land. Black Knight possess incredible power because he answers only to one who sits on the Throne and no pony else. For this reason he was often target of assassination attempts from various parties, even The Bloodhooves. All have failed miserably, thanks of his terrifying combat skills and indeed he had never known defeat. His allegiance however appears to be more to the throne then the Imperial Family itself. In two cases of palace revolutions, he switched sides to these of the victors without the blink of an eye. Black Knight also appears to support planed invasion on Equestria with his whole heart, urging Empress to hurry.

Cutie Mark/Destiny Mark: Like his true appearance, unknown.

Name: Dusk Umbrosa Verenae/ Dusk the True Shadow/ Dusk the Shadow of Truth

Species: unicorn

*Nationality: Coltara

**Organization: none

***Social class: Commoner

Eye colour: grey blue

Coat colour: dull bronze

Mane/tail: Black

Physique: Slightly smaller than most regular ponies.

Cutie mark/Destiny mark: [colour=#222222]A tarnished, steel cog with a scalpel in the center, with electricity arcing between the two objects. He received it on the night that it was discovered he was using magic. He was chased from his home, and became a wanderer, never actually able to settle down anywhere for fear he would be found out and killed.[/colour]

Origin/Residence: he was born in a small village of little importance beyond farming crops. After his magical abilities were discovered, ran for his life. He is currently living on his own, wandering the world in hopes of finding more power.

Occupation: Whatever he can get, or at least bluff his way through.

Personality: He is greedy, paranoid, selfish, power hungry, and can be cold when needed. His attitude changes according to the class of the pony he is talking to. A commoner, he’ll be kind and happy, as long as any work he does he is paid for, and they don’t insult him. To any of the Blood, low or high, he will either act as an equal, or treat them mockingly, even insultingly, due to his hatred of them.

Family: He has two older brothers, and his mother and father still live in his old village as far as he knows. He no longer maintains any contact with them, and grows uncomfortable when asked any question about them. He is a unicorn from his grandfather, who was himself a unicorn, whom he never knew.

Back story: He was born into a small village, his family already consisting of two older brothers, his mother, and his father. His Father was the town surgeon, healing the sick and wounded, while his brothers were training to become soldiers in the EVA. His mother was a housewife who wanted to get higher up in class, becoming a Low Blood. She always hoped that one of her sons would achieve greatness in the EVA, thus letting them become part of the Low Blood. Unfortunately, Dusk was born a runt, and a unicorn, stopping him from joining the army. His mother saw him as useless, and spent little if any time with him. His father, however, found something else for Dusk to do. When he started school, his father started teaching him his own trade, medicine and surgery. Having grown up with two brothers who spent most of their time practicing fighting and building muscles, with a mother who would look at him and shake her head, he was captivated by both school and his father’s teachings. He quickly learned how to read, and soon after that, to write. He learned quickly, staying at the top of his class as the years went by. Unfortunately, every rose has its thorn. The other ponies in his class would often pick on him since he was smaller, weaker, and a unicorn. He spent most of his time alone, or helping his father.

One day, while he was reading a book beneath a tree in the schoolyard, he found himself surrounded by several thugs/fellow school ponies. They started off as they normally did, insulting him, laughing at him. He responded as he always did, huddling against the tree and reading his book with his nose jammed in it. One of the thugs grew tired of simply jeering at him, and grabbed his book away from him. This was the first time any of them had taken something of his, at least, in his presence. Staring up at the thug in shock, he watched helplessly as the thug dangled the book in front of him and laughed at his feeble attempts to get it back. As it went on longer, Dusk started to feel angrier and angrier. Falling down on the ground, panting as much from anger as from exhaustion, he glared at the thugs as they laughed at him. When one of them snatched the book from his fellow and reached for a page as though to tear it up, something finally snapped in Dusk. Having spent most of his life with books as his only source of comfort, aside from his father, he couldn’t bear to watch one get mutilated. He knew that using magic was dangerous, but right now he could care less. In a rage, he took hold of the magic and lashed out at the thug with it. His horn glowed and small bolts of electricity arced across it. He didn’t know what he did, but the results were similar to a large hoof hitting the thug in the stomach, although nothing visible struck him. The thug doubled over and fell on his side, with his fellows looking at him in shocked silence. Dusk would have stopped to gape with them, but with the book on the ground and no one looking at him, he took his chance and ran. After that, it took several weeks before any of the other ponies would even look at him. He could have cared less. That small moment of magic was like the sweetest honey he had ever had, mixed with fowl water from a swamp filled with rotting corpses. Yet that wasn’t the best part for him. For a moment, he had had more power than any of the other ponies surrounding him. That single fact was enough for Dusk to try and learn more about using magic.

Several more years past, filled with study of surgery, science, and magic. He learned anything he could about magic, whether on his own or from ancient books and tales. He made certain that nopony knew what he was doing, fearing what would happen to him if the Blood discovered. It wasn’t easy, knowing what he could do. He spent even more of his time alone now, either in his room, or outside the village. The only time he spent with his father was during surgeries. The first few years of magic study and use seemed to have no affect on him. But, nearing his last few years of school, he started to notice strange things. He would sometimes hear sounds, seeming to be far off and distant, like water or sometimes falling rocks. Occasionally he would even hear faint voices, so quiet that he could only make out every tenth word. This added to his being solitary. He would sometimes just stop, and tilt his head, as if listening to something. He would even do this while talking to others. In his last year of school it got even worse. He would sometimes start laughing for no reason, and then keep going as if nothing had happened. Other ponies avoided him as much as possible now, even the ones who had tormented him so often before. He didn’t care, he only cared about learning more about magic. He had learned so much in those years, yet he knew there was more he could learn. So much more. As graduation day came closer, he started wondering what he would do after he graduated. He was top of his class in mechanical science and surgery. But his mind was set on one path now. Magic and the power that came with it. He had seen how everypony stopped picking on him after he started studying and practicing magic. He saw how others became uncomfortable around him. He knew it was because they could sense just how powerful he was now. And he wanted more power. He knew he could do it, he had heard tales of unicorns in the old days, having powers unparalleled by others. The idea of gaining such power consumed him.

Unfortunately, other ponies at his school had started to suspect what he was doing. Seeing how strange he was acting, spending hours outside of the village. Some of them went to the Low Blood, telling them about him and what they suspected he was doing. It wasn’t long before they sent a Sul’jin with Rahmane, and a few soldiers to his house. Coming to his room, they tried opening it, found it locked, then forced their way in. The soldiers walked in to find a confused Dusk, his horn glowing and a nearby bunsen burner lighting itself and floating three feet off the ground. Dusk’s confusion turned to shock and fear when he saw the Sul’jin and her Rahmane. He knew what was going to happen to him now, execution. The guards fanned out and the Rahmane and Sul’jin went straight towards him. As the pair got closer, Dusk huddled down on the floor, whimpering in fear. “So, this is the one that we had to bring a Sul’jin for. He doesn’t look so tough” one of the guards said. Dusk’s whimpers stopped. His eyes swept across the surrounding four ponies. He noted everything about the room. Then, with a deep breath, he let the magic flow through him, that sweet, vile honey. His horn glowed and the bunsen burner that had fallen on its side suddenly let loose a large flame, engulfing the hoof of the soldier standing next to it. He turned his attention to the Sul’jin and Rahmane. The Rahmane’s horn was glowing too now, and the Sul’jin was pointing at Dusk and shouting something. She didn’t finish it though, He wouldn’t let her. The glow around his horn brightened and electricity arced from it to connect with the center of the collar. The pair connected to the Soulshackle gave a convulsion as the electricity coursed through them. Once they fell to the floor, unconscious or dead, Dusk didn’t care, He turned his attention to the last soldier. The soldier was reaching for his sword. Dusk didn’t bother with him, he simply leaped over the pair on the floor and ran. He didn’t stop running until the village was out of sight. It was only then that he realized, standing there slathered in sweat and panting, that his destiny mark had appeared. He simply stared at his chest, watching as it went up and down. “What could have caused you?” he asked the picture on his chest. He thought back to the short battle, if it could be called that, in his room. He started laughing. Something like that, pretty much destroying his whole future, could also show him his future. “Alright” he chuckled, “I guess I need a new name. How about… Dusk... Dusk Umbrosa Verenae. Dusk for short”.

His hatred for the blood came from the years following, during his wondering. He has visited many towns and villages, and he has met several dozen ponies of the Blood. Each one he has met has lowered his opinion of them, and strengthened his dislike.

[colour=#222222]Ha ha! My application successfully copied and pasted! Anyway, I made a few slight changes to him, nothing of import. Hope he is still acceptable to this, Valence, I wish to continue aggravating the blood with my character. [/colour][colour=#996633]And he will continue to speak in this colour.[/colour]

Name: Chainmail

Species: Earth Pony

Nationality: Coltara

Organization: Ever Victorious Army

Social class: Lowblood

Eye colour: Blue

Coat colour: Lime Green

Mane/tail: Strong Yellow, Short cut, mane shaved in lower area.

Physique: A bit on the scrawny side, but average height. Darker green paint on his hooves.

Destiny Mark: None yet.

Residence: Born and raised in the Ashen Gate. Currently stationed there too with the EVA.

Personality: Loyal to the Dragoran Empire like most of the blooded, he is more than willing to give his life in service to the Empress. He just hopes it doesn't come to that. While he's not quite as brainwashed as many of his kin, he is not the kind to go against the flow. Not the most skilled fighter, or the best at pretty much anything. Moderately able with a spear. Surprisingly reasonable and open minded for a trooper, and he doesn't quite fancy dying. Though if that's what it comes to, he supposes he might try it.

Family: His family is quite extensive, but of particular note are his parents, both EVA officers, and a host of uncles, aunts and cousins who share similar stripes. Only child to his parents though, and in their eyes a pretty disappointing one. His mother gave up on him, but his father believed that he could one day serve the EVA as faithfully as they did.

Back story: Born into a military family with a strong military tradition as an only child to two officers, his fate was decided for him since day one. Unfortunately he never quite took to it. Despite constant beatings from his mother, who just so happened to be an EVA training officer, for his failures, he never quite corrected his coordination issues or his weak swordhoof. Only weapon he ever showed any proficiency with is a spear. "Ungainly weapons only fit for cowards" as his mother referred to them.

He'd probably have just given up if it wasn't for his father. Normally away on assignment, every time he returned home was a cause for celebration for Chainmail. A break from his hated training schedule and a time where he could just be a foal. Those all ended a week before his twelfth birthday though when his father was slain on duty. A trying time that pushed his mother even deeper into her work, and put even more pressure on Chainmail to deliver. A delivery that he just couldn't do. On his 16th, he was conscripted like most other lowbloods and that's where he finds himself now.

It's no wonder that Chainmail now doesn't want to devote his life to the military, and would much prefer to work on his penmanship. He found a small respite in the library from his mother, who was happy to let him pick from the military history and tactics section. There was something hidden in those shelves though that sparked something in Chainmail. Wartime poetry. The beautiful juxtaposition of the violent clashes of ponies with the natural beauty of the soul, and Coltara. He never got the chance to undertake the art of poetry himself while under his mother's hoof, but now he is able to fit it around his schedule. Not that he'd tell anypony else he's doing it though.

Now Chainmail is about to enter active duty, ready to be dispensed anywhere in the Empire. He just wants to get his compulsory service over and done with, and move to Riptide Bay where he can work on his literary skills in peace, maybe while earning a steady wage. Until then he's willing to soldier on, although he prays to Astral that he never has to kill another pony, but he thinks he might be ready to if he has to. For all his natural incompetence, he is well drilled and versed moderately in most weapon types, with a penchant for the spear.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for my long absence, but I want to tell you good news in the fact that I will be starting this RP up very soon! (Tomorrow, hopefully) So, after looking through the applications, I'd say everyone is able to join in if they still wish to. I'll be making a new OOC thread (for easier management, since I'm doing this via mobile) and over my long period of disappearance, I have come up with marvelous new ideas to add! I'll have the OOC up tomorrow. Thanks all!