In the Courtyard

The evening air hangs like cool relief in the courtyard. Simple yet elegant lamps hang from pillars along the edge of the courtyard, illuminating the grassy area outside the castle proper. Here some ponies have come to get some fresh air, and feel the cool evening air on their coats. Fireworks occasionally illuminate the sky, and the blare of trumpets greeting new arrivals can be heard in the distance. The lights of canterlot shimmer in the distance, and reflect off the ponds nearby. A small cobblestone walkway not far from here leads to the Royal Gardens.

BlindJester had began to wonder why she came here, even though this was the biggest party ever thrown it's not like she could SEE it just hear the music in one direction, plenty of conversation in another, and little animals making noises. She decided to get out to fresh air stretching out her wings and using her nose to help her find the closes exit politely saying 'excuse me' when her wings brushed up against a pony. After a moment she found herself in a less noisey area with a wonderful gentle breeze blowing her hair away from her eyes, she continued to walk in the direction of the breeze hearing her hooves 'click clack' against the cobblestone walkway. "Even if I can't see the world everything still feels beautiful and calm" she took a deep breathe "Hopefully I'll make some new friends here at the Gala somepony who doesn't mind the fact that I'm blind and won't treat me like a foal" keeping her optimism up she continued down the path.

Valoren Seeker yawned as he stepped out into the courtyard if the Gala. Looking up into the skies at the full moon, he sighed happily. The night always was beautiful. They said that Princess Luna always made sure ever night that it would look more beautiful then before. He didnt know how, or even why but it seemed like Luna had managed to pull it off every time. Smiling happily at the moon, he breathed in the fresh air as he listend to the gentle wildlife of hte night. It truly was a wonder. Smiling happily, he gently strode forward through the Gala as he passed by BlindJester without seeing her only to stop a few feet away. "Ahh, the beautiful night air. Heh heh, I cant believe I was able to get inivited to this. I usually never get inviations!! Boy, am I lucky" He said aloud, grinning at the prosecpt of meeting new friends.

Jessy heard the other pony talking turning in the voices direction "Who's there?" she asked searching from left to right her cloudy eyes clearly searching for what she can't see. "Well whoever you are I agree it is a wonderful night from what I can feel." nodding slowly as the wind caressed her muzzle and again blew her hair in it's direction. At this moment BlindJester wished she could see the lovely moon and stars that has been described to her so many times.

Hearing a voice speak back to him, Val whirled around quickly as he looked around wildely for the source of the voice. Finding it, he approached a mare around his age he assumed. Smiling lightly, he greeted "Hello their. Yes, it is a rather good nite". Putting out a hoof, he greeted "Names Valoren Seeker, Adventurer and Protector of Equestria".

Turning around to the general direction of the deep voice and heard his welcome "Hello Valoren, my name is BlindJester" she said as she bowed before him not seeing that he stuck his hoof out towards her. "How can I help you sir? Although I'm not sure how much help I'd be but I can try." continuing with her ramblings "I mean unless you want to talk to me and that's fine too I could always use new friends" Jessy was feeling a little bit anxious about this mysterious pony since she can't see what he like she'll just have to base judgement off of voice and how he acts.

Smiling warmly at her, Valoren responded "I dont need help with anything. I merely wanted to come over and say hello to you. Its a pleasure to meet you BlindJester". Bowing in respect in return to her bow, he grinned "This is my first time to the gala ever actually, and was very surprised to be invited at all since I usually dont get invited to any fancy occassions. Usually since Im not one of those upper level, socphisotcated ponies". Smiling at her, he said "So Im grateful that I was able to come at all".

Jessy felt the happiness radiating off the stallion and could tell he was smiling even though she couldn't see it. "I was surprised to be invited also." she answered as she remembered when she first got the ticket and the letter she didn't know what it was and asked somepony to read it to her. At first she thought they were trying to pull a fast one but everypony she asked said the same thing, Jessy was happy that she was invited even more so now that she met a new friend. "I'm grateful as well as well to be here and meet new ponies"

Grinning at her, he said "What do you do for fun"? Realizing he should state the question better, he said "What I meant what, whats your cutie mark mean"? Looking at his, he showed "Mine means I have to be strong enough to fight and defend those that I care about. Even those I dont really know, or like I need to be strong for them". Grinning at her like an excited kid, he laughed "How about you"?

Taking at look at what she thought was her flank she told him "I was told my cutie-mark is jester's hat and I think that it revolves around my love to make ponies laugh" sighing knowing that she'd never see her cutie-mark for herself. "But your cutie-mark sounds pretty great. It must be a very fine and noble mark"

Grinning, he said "Making other ponies laugh eh? Id like that". Grinning, he said "Thanks for that. I guess it is kinda noble". Blushing at the comment, he siad "I didnt know it was supposed to be a noble thing for awhile, but it wasnt until I protected some ponies from a Manticore that I realized waht I was suposed to do". Grinning at her, he siad "What sort of things do you do to make other ponies laugh"?