Pre-show Jitters[ENDED]

Things were starting to get pretty busy in here, usually the guards didn't let this many ponies in right before show time. Star decided it was safer to stay a little out of the way, she knew how dangerous it could be to get overwhelmed right before a show. Instead of bugging Soarin and Spitfire she decided to try getting some attention off of them so they could slip away soon. She turned her attention to Aristotle and Diomedes, "Aristotle, good to see you again. How have you been?" This was the first time she'd seem him since her retirement, Aristotle attended so many of their shows she was wondering if he'd been at her very last one.

Soarin' shoots Star Chaser an appreciative smile as he signs his name under Spitfire's on the poster. The two of them were next to each other on that particular poster, so it didn't take much to get it under himself as well. "Sorry I can't write more, little guy, We gotta run through some last minute checks, then it's showtime! You guys have the best seats in the house if you have VIP Passes, but we need to be out there to give you the show, heh." He said, thankful he'd heard his predecessors saying the same thing year after year before him.

"And Star Chaser is one of the best experts on the stunts we'll be doing, I'm sure she'd love to show off for you!" He flashed the little crowd a broad smile and backed through the ropes to the staging grounds.

Aristotle left the two Wonderbolts to their own devices as the Emcee announced that there was but a few minutes remaining before show time. Wonderbolts, like the best soldiers, all needed prep time to assure that they operated at peak performance. Instead, he turned his attention to the young mare who had addressed him.

'Ah, Star Chaser, always a pleasure,' the old stallion said with a smile. 'It's good to see you back on your feet; even better to see that you haven't lost your edge. I trust that retirement has been as good to you as it has to me?'

Star Chaser's wing was still bandaged from what Aristotle could see, but she was just as full of vigor as ever; it was clear that she had continued to train after her initial recovery. 'It's that indomitable spirit that I like to see in the Wonderbolts.'

'Have you met my son Diomedes?' he continued, motioning to Dio. 'It's his first time at the Gala, so do make him feel welcome.'

'Star Chaser,' Dio said, nodding in acknowledgement and picking up exactly where his father left off. Having an introduction and an excuse to make conversation almost made him forget about the suit; having a filly who wasn't hard on the eyes who wouldn't automatically discount him for his intimidating appearance didn't hurt either.

'You'll have to forgive my dad's bombast,' he said, regaining his composure.

'You put him in a military uniform and point him to a fancy event and he gets it through his head that he's the Mailed Fist of Celestia! Dad's here for the show, but I'm waiting on the bar,' he joked. Hopefully she had a sense of humor!

As Carrot watched the various Wonderbolts leave the V.I.P. area to prepare  for their show, he couldn't help but feel that he lost his opportunity, despite Soarin's reassurance.  Bolt would have so loved autographs of the Wonderbolts ... he played over and over the scenario in his mind her reaction when he gave her the ticket with their signatures, something that wasn't going to happen now.  At least that was the one upside of a potential surprise, if he failed only he would know about it.

Somehow that realization really didn't make him feel any better ...

Still, he told himself, taking a deep breath and forcing himself not to think too negatively.  He still had a chance.  Soarin' said to wait for something even better?  Oi hope he wasnae jes bein' 'nice.'  Would a celebrity loik him e'en remember what he said after th' show?  Carrot had his doubts, but he was determined to stick around and not just give up out of depression or self-pity.  It was worth it ... she was worth it.

Sitting down near the others, he did notice the retired Wonderbolts in the crowd.  Heck, just a short distance away was Star Chaser, who really was as stunningly beautiful as the posters that he'd had up in his bedroom when he was just a few years younger.  He couldn't help but blush a bit more as he glanced over at her bashfully, remembering his adolescent dreams of spontaneously sprouting wings and flying with her.  He shook his head and looked up, waiting for the performance to begin.

Tobias was quite happy with the results even though he felt bad for the other fans around. If he had to he would've waited for the after show party. "Thanks Spitfire I hope I can get a chance to talk to you after the show. I hop you guys do great in the show you always do." He wasn't sure what Spitfire wrote on the poster he knew her signature but he thought she wrote down a message on there too. He looked down at the poster to look over what the message had said. Tobias looked around after Spitfire and Soarin left. He saw one more Wonderbolt and he recognized her it was Star Chaser. He went over to Star Chaser with a smile. "You where part of the Wonderbolts before you got a injured wing too. Well my injury is a bit more permanent." He kinda felt sad but still happy to get another Autograph. "Can you sign my Wonderbolts poster for me." He smiles again.

Star gave Soarin a goofy look after his last comment before taking off, he must have been nervous. "Good Luck you two!" Star yelled as him and Spitfire headed to the staging area. She certainly couldn't blame her old teammate for being distracted and a bit nervous right before this show, gala shows were always a little scary. Star only had the honor of performing in two gala shows during her time in the Wonderbolts but both were totally unforgettable experiences. Unfortunately now wasn't exactly the time for nostalgia, maybe during the show.

Star Chaser gave Aristotle a little nod in response to his question "Oh definitely Aristotle, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the old days a little but I've had so much time to catch up on the things I always wanted to do. Being a Wonderbolt was a bit of a 24/7 job." she gave him a little half smile. "Besides I should be flying again soon! looks like just another few weeks before I can stretch my wings again."

Star Chaser turned her attention to Diomedes, she thought she'd seen him at a few shows with his father but couldn't be sure, she wasn't always the best with faces. 'Nice to meet you Diomedes' One of the first things Star noticed was that he had an impressive set of wings, he must have been at least the size of Big Macintosh. She couldn't help but giggle a little at his joke 'Well the show and the bar are both good reasons to show up to the gala' before she could chat much more her attention was grabbed by Tobias.

She was so distracted by other ponies she hadn't gotten a chance to say hello to him yet. Although Star didn't know him well it was hard to forget what happened since he had been a Wonderbolt applicant at the time. It was a shame, he had been a pretty good flyer before his accident. 'Yeah I was lucky that day, things could have turned out a lot worse. Just don't let your wing slow you down, if you like being fast you can still run as much as you want to! That's what I do these days.' Star gave him a big smile to try to cheer him up a little bit. 'Oooh you've got one of the older ones, sure I'll sign it! with that Star took the pen, she wrote out a little message of encouragement and signed her name with a little heart next to it. She usually wasn't that cutesy with autographs but she could relate to losing the ability to fly, even if her injury was only temporary.

Just as she finished signing Tobias' poster the announcer called 2 minutes to show time 'We should probably head to the VIP viewing section before the show starts' she said, to nopony in particular.

-end of the thread-