Contact sports?

ProfessorCogsworth

I'm just curious, I mean it is doubtful but would contact sports like Boxing exist in Equestira, I mean we've seen that martial arts existed but I'm not sure whether martial arts tournaments (no...not the Enter the Dragon style ones...) actually exist.

Reason I'm asking is I'm was pondering an idea for a character who is a ye olde timey style 'fight allcomers' carnival boxer/strong pony.

Peoples thoughts on this?

We definitely have approved Strongmen-type characters. Lifting weights for fun and profit = A-OK! Goofy feats of strength? also OK. A striped singlet and handlebar mustache? Yup! Maybe not fight allcomers, but I would be ok with hoof-wrestling as his thing he does at carnivals (Insurance would be cheaper too!), and it's such a little thing that it wouldn't change a character like that too much at all.

Also, as a suggestion, Hoofington DOES have a boardwalk, that one of my characters runs. Just sayin' ;)

Yeah you kind of read my mind on the character, a proper turn of the century carnie strongman with a handlebar mustache, striped singlet, shaved off mane, comes all the way from Stalliongrad, use to wrestle bears in a sideshow attraction there and moved out due to finding that outside of Stalliongrad they prefer their sports slightly less extreme and moves to hoofington...

Hmm...well once Prof Cogsworth is approved I think I know what my next character will be...Samson Stronghoof!

• Like 1