Solo in the crowd

Azura Song quickly found her way to the ballroom by following the music. It was a long time ago she entered a place like this, okay this was way bigger, but it still felt familiar. All kind of memories buzzed in her head and she could almost envision her mother singing here. For a moment Azura smiled, sunken in memories and then she shook her head. That was the past and this was different, this was The Grand Galloping Gala! Suddenly she realized she most look weird, standing in the entrance like this. She quickly walked further inside and towards the wall.

It was weird walking in a dress after all these years and she missed the weight of her guitar. The nice guard at the gate told her that only registered musicians could play inside, Azura would have made a fuzz out of it but her want to visit the gala was greater and she grudgingly had left her guitar in the care of the guard.

For a moment she looked around, seeing what was happening until it stroke her. Back home she always had had a friend or a guardian that took her around, showed her the place and introduced her to ponies to talk to. She never visited a party alone before and she had no idea how to mingle on her own. She tried to get close to other ponies to start an conversation, but each time she started to feel nervously, took a few steps back and tried to look as blank as possible to avoid looking afraid or strange.

Sunset walks up to Azura. "Hi, you seem a bit lost. Can I help you with anything?" Really, Sunset was itching to go outside and fly a bit, but he didn't like seeing a lady in distress. That, and he hated seeing unicorns in trouble. It just really annoyed him. "Is there anything I can do for you?", he asked pleasantly, trying not to upset the poor, shy thing. At least, he thought she must be shy.

Anvil was still wondering why in Equestria had he been invited for the Grand Galloping Gala. After all, he was just another equine, and a simple one. A bare blacksmith that worked to make a living, and lived for his work. He had a nice bow tie around his neck, together with a white neck. He had not much more than that, only wanting to look natural and show his true identity. He didn't fancy those extremely suits that much, mainly because he didn't have the money to afford such things and felt like it made the ponies look way too futile wearing them.

He took a few steps forward, looking around without even caring if the other ponies were looking at him. He kept wuiet, only letting a few "wow"'s escape here and then. He caught sight of a pair of ponies approaching each other, so he watched closely.

She was so surprised that another pony was talking to hear Azura Song barely heard what he said. But she knew how to reply, it's one of those etiquette that they kept repeating. "Greet, say your name, your job or role and why you are important." She nodded to the lesson in her head. "Greeting, I'm Azura Song. I'm new here and not really important." She said with less confidence each word, but she was nervously raising her voice slightly. Realizing she kinda sounded awkwardly stupid she smiled nervously and tried to laugh quietly, trying her best not to walk backwards. In the hopes she could pass it off as a joke. She felt like she just disappointed any teacher she ever had.

The poor thing was really shy! Maybe he could stay here a while. "Err... Why would you tell me you're not important?" he asked. It just seemed like a rather... Strange thing to say. 'She must be absolutely terrified! Why could that be?' he thought to himself. "Um... Is there anything I can do? Really?"

"I was making a joke? Haha!? Funny me?" She said softly and her voice was filled with doubt. Azura Song felt like like she was making a fool out of herself this way, but the pony she was talking too didn't seem to mind and still wanted to help. She did wonder why she was so stumbling with words, back outside on the road she never had those problems, even when alone. Then an idea struck her. "Pretend you are on the road." She thought to herself. "Pretend you are on the road." She repeated in her mind. "Pretend you are on the road." The last one escaped her lips as a soft whisper, but Azura didn't notice, she started to feel a bit more confidant. "I mean... I am not really used to these parties... Alone... you know... you could help with, I guess, if you want." She said with a lot less confidence then she had hoped, but still it sounded a lot less foolish.

"Haha, jokes, I like jokes", says Sunset. He waited for Azura to finish speaking. "Um... Now that you've actually said it I'm not sure what I can help you with, haha... Erm... Do you wanna go dance or something?" he offers, trying to help out the pony. She seemed to be getting more confident, but she just... Hmm. "Oh, I nearly forgot. I'm Sunset", he says, extending a hoof.

((Gonna be away for three days. Sorry))