Character Personalities?

IceStorm

As a general rule of thumb, I know that making any major edits to characters that have been approved is a big no no, on the site. That being said though, I was wondering on what the stance of editing personalities that are portrayed inside of the Applications as the characters grow and develop on the site. I know that Ice Storm's personality, (my primary OC) has made a hefty change since I've started playing her and she's developed through the mane RP. At first she was very uptight with slight heir of high and mighty, but now after playing her for several months her personality has shifted into a much more mellow, laid back pony that is dedicated to being there for everypony that she can as different events have played out, thus, the personality listed on the App for her is no longer an accurate description of her.

This is why I ask about this particular part of the application, because wile back stories can be static, personalities are ever-changing, and based on the characters interactions with everypony else. Thoughts?

While its not required to keep your character perfectly, completely in line with what your app says, I do understand the need to do so. Editing major details of an app is something we don't like to see however, and if you absolutely must proper procedure is to have a mod move the app out from the accepted section so it can be reassessed.

What I might suggest is instead finding a working alternative way to record your characters' development. Listing important RP developments on your character log or as a new post on the app thread are both options. :)

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll have to try to figure something out to where I won't have to re-submit the application because with all the recent rule changes that have been made as to what is acceptable in back-stories, I'd have to completely re-write Ice's back story and change her into something entirely different than what she is in order to get her re-approved. I did not know that you could post additions into the apps as posts, but I might just keep it as a log. I'll figure something out.

Having RPd with Ice on numerous times, I don't think there's anything wrong with the backstory rules wise. I know Ice has had many character developments lately, so if you want to add those into a log area, that's fine. When something big happens to my characters, I create an Acheivements area under the threads the character is in and list the updates there.