Amnesia: The Dark Descent (Open, maximum of two players)

ThunderHorse

OOC: Okay, this is a humanized thread. It will work similarly to my Bioshock thread, which operates as follows:

You have a beginning lifeforce of ten. Instead of ten Sanity, you start with five Sanity. There is no way to regain Sanity unless you solve a puzzle. Lifeforce is restored over time.

Ways to lose Sanity: Witness a horrifying sight or hallucination (Ex. Hear a woman screaming, a door opens by itself,etc.), looking at a monster (Bros will cause you to lose 2 Sanity), standing in the dark for prolonged periods of time, being chased by a monster.

Ways to lose Lifeforce: Walking into a trap, being attacked by a monster

Magic and flight will not work here, because the Shadow prevents the uses of such abilities. Weapons? Forget it. The monsters of Brennenburg Castle are immune to all damage (Sure, you can throw a chair or something at them, but that will just piss 'em off)

You start with an empty inventory. I will give a situation or event, and a few responses available for the player to execute. You will select one action, which will lead to the next situation or event. When speaking to other players, you must end the conversation at some point in time in order to keep the game moving.

Your goal of this thread is to kill Alexander of Brennenburg, the evil Baron of the Castle, and to escape Brennenburg alive.

The same rules of my Bioshock thread apply here: No snide, rude, harassing, or just outright mean comments will not be tolerated.

Try to have fun :)

Sincerely,

-Thunderhorse

You awaken on the hard floor of a stone castle. You have no recollection of what happened to you...at all.

Do you:

Look around?

Check your inventory?

The world slowly spins into view, objects spiraling to focus. A wine bottle lays in the palms of a white man, The corner of his mouth trailing a long line of spit.

"Ihhh... Graaa..." Grunts out of the groggy scientest. "Must of had too... much wine..." The black hipster shades wearing docter pulls the bottle to his Face. "What... Who was the cheap mistress who got me knocked up tonight... wait... ....

..THIS IS KOOLAID! oh man, what kind of crazy occult have I gotten into now...AND WHERES MY SUIT???"

You spot a trail of pink liquid on the red carpet. Thunder can be heard outside, and there seem to be a few leaks in the ceiling of the Prussian castle. You see a door that leads to a corridor, which has more of the curious pink liquid.

Do you:

Follow the trail of pink liquid?

Panic?

(Why'd you make that an option?)

AHHHGHHHH!ohmanohmanohmanohman! WHY AM I HERE? WHAT AM I DOING? WHAT WAS THAT? HOW DID I GET HERE! wait!... last thing I remember is that I had a rocket launcher... and was walking out of black mesa... Jesus, I must of got drunk. if I finally got out of that hole, I'd party like it 1985. that was a good year. "Says freeman, remincing on the good year. Gorden looks down and sees the trail of (what he thought to be ) Kool aid. "Well, at least I can find out where I got totally smashed at. frell, I could find more inhibitors!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...