Gala Greetings

The peryton stood back, and gave Celestia a smile. Though he was significantly shorter than she (And most of the ponies at the Gala, save perhaps for the younger fillies that may have come this year) he nevertheless managed to maintain a distance so that she didn't have to look down at him. He dipped his head to any of the ponies that may come close enough proximity to realize he was a deer and not a pony in disguise, but if anypony noticed, he didn't pay much mind. After all, this was a party! And likely to be the biggest one he'd see for some time yet.

"Oh, if I did, I'd perhaps be the luckiest creature in your world, Princess, but I've yet to see another of my kind anywhere and certainly, what pony might leave her heart unawares for the likes of me to steal away?" he smirked at the notion. "Though it wouldn't be the first time one had left with mine." he cast her a wink, then turned his head to look over the rest of the room. "I don't see Luna here, I wouldn't suppose she was about, perhaps? I wonder what she thinks of such a soiree'. I admit I might never have shown had you not asked me to come, but I'm very glad I did. To think in all this time, I had no idea that road that runs right out front lead all the way up here?" he looked rather sheepish. "In all this time, I'd never left my post far enough to find out where it'd gone. Until now, anyway."

Skye dipped his head in acknowledgement of Knightly, and his forward method of greeting the Princess caused the deer to raise an eyebrow. But of course, this was Princess Celestia, and he knew that she harbored a delightful sense of humor and a very sunny outlook on life that it was mostly protocol that kept things tame. His glance caught the other ponies as they passed by, his conversation somewhat sporadic but never missing a beat.

His muzzle lifted and he sniffed the wafting smells of the buffet, though few of its offerings were familiar to him. But he considered them all the same. Though he had other things to attend to first. "I've heard that your student and her friends had quite a time last year, but I don't suppose they're here this time? I'd be delighted to touch noses, I've only met two of them by this time, I'd enjoy meeting the others too. But I should let you get back to greeting the guests, Princess. I'll be about."

Continued in The Ballroom - Dancing with Myself.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monty held back a full laugh opting to put a hoof to his mouth and chuckle at Ginger Mint's comment about the Princess' mane. He often wondered that himself, it looked to him as though her mane was alive and had a mind of its own.

He whispered back to Ginger, 'Ah well, magic I suppose, not that I'll ever understand how that stuff works.'

He ascended the stairs along side of his new friend. Well at least he thought of her as a friend. Monty thought of everypony as a friend. He lived by the motto of, 'Strangers are only friends that you have not met yet.'

He looked over at Ginger and answered, 'Why thank you, I just love how the bow-tie clashes with everything. It seems to bring the whole thing together.' He chuckled again.

He was right this place was far more fun than Hoofington. Their chance to be greeted by the princess of Equestria was fast approaching. He glanced over at Ginger, she seemed a little nervous to Monty.

'Don't worry so much! Stick with Monty and you'll be fine.' he offered Ginger with a wink trying to soothe her nerves.

hi hi

Ginger Mint smiled at Monty as they moved forward to the top of the stairs. Their conversation had definitely helped to calm her nerves and she wondered if she might not have had the guts to go through with it otherwise, but standing in Celestia's presence was something she could never have prepared for. She hadn't expected it to be any other way, but facing her in person was truly awe inspiring. It felt as though there was a tangible aura about the Princess, as bright and boundless as the sun itself, radiating life, serenity and warmth.

Ginger Mint bowed low, and was glad that it didn't feel forced or awkward. As she straightened back up, she met the Celestia's gaze for a moment, but couldn't bring herself to hold it. Instead she ended up studying the intricate details on Celestia's collar as she said, "Good evening your majesty, its an honor and a privilege." She tries to think of something else to say... there ought to be something else to say, but the words simply wont come.

As Techno stepped into the main hall her orange eyes grew wide and an excited smile spread across her face. She was a new resident of Ponyville and she hadn't even finished unpacking when the mail mare had come crashing through her window with an invitation to the gala. She wondered if she had actually been invited or if the invitation had somehow been sent to her by accident but sure enough it was her name on the golden ticket.

An excited nervousness came across her, here she was at what she understood to be "the party to end all parties" and she didn't know a single pony. As she approached the princess she couldn't help but wonder why she had been invited in the first place, she wasn't famous or wealthy nor were her parents and her dress was made from the remains of two dresses she had "rescued" from being thrown away.

Finally it was her turn to approach the princess. She bowed to her and smiled nervously. "Princess Celestia, Thank you for the invitation to such a wonderful party." She then pulled two small boxes seemingly from nowhere and placed them at the princess's hooves, they were two small gift boxes one wrapped with paper covered with hand drawn fireflies and wrapped with orange ribbon the other was decorated with hand drawn moths and was wrapped with purple ribbon. "This is just a small sampling of the teas I sell in my shop, there's also a box for Princess Luna. Oh but please drink the sample with the blue tea bag carefully, it's made with a little poison joke." She paused for a second before quickly reassuring the princess that it wouldn't harm her and the effects would wear off in a half hour. "It mostly changes your pelt a funny color or makes you sound silly but it effects everypony differently." Techno couldn't help but noticing everyone staring at her, she wondered if in Ponyville you weren't supposed to bring a gift to the host or hostess of a party like you did where she was from or if she had somehow offended everyone.

When it came Monty and Ginger's turn to be greeted by the Princess he watched Ginger bow and pay homage to the radiant Solar Princess. Being that Monty was originally from the Zebra Homeland he had a slightly different approach to meeting what he called 'Elders'. He held the Princess' gaze as he took her hoof in his and shook it firmly but not over exuberantly. He then reached up and gave her a peck on each cheek, slyly slipping a business card into her mane as he did so. Even when being polite Monty was ever the business man, he didn't particularly know what the Princess would ever need form him, 'But better to have tried and not gotten a customer than not to have tried at all!' he thought.

'It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Celestia! And may I say what a wonderful castle you have!' He said smiling widely which caused his right ear to flop over.

[[ OOC: Sage here! Just figured I would give a note, Monty is not trying to be rude to the Princess, quite the opposite. Coming from the Zebra Homelands he was raised differently from ponies. He thinks that the highest compliment that one can give is accepting them into your 'Tribe' or family. He greets Celestia as he would greet an 'Elder' from another tribe. ]]

Watching as Skye made his way off, she smiled almost enviously at the peryton as he wandered off. How she wished she could get away and enjoy more of the party, but she supposed it was her duty to greet her followers...they did make the journey here after all and as the next set of ponies approached, she brought her best smile to the surface.

This green haired mare's dress looked fantastic, she offered a small smile and bowed her head gently in return to the other.

"A pleasure, my dear, and may I say, you have a lovely dress."

Soon enough another well dressed lady came and the radiant old princess had to blink slightly at the gift, raising both boxes up with her magic and hearing the explanation of what exactly they were. Poison joke tea?

Oh my. That would be interesting. Interesting indeed.

Perhaps she could serve that to that boring old dullard at council, he'd need a good ribbing now and then.

"Well thank you very much! My sister and I will enjoy these very much." Shifting both boxes to a unicorn who stood at the side, she offered a small smile to the tall, lean stallion who caught the pair of gifts in his own magic.

"Place those in I and Princess Luna's sleeping quarter's...with a note of caution on the blue one's."

She'd hate to see Luna getting a nasty surprise.

Now the next guest...well...he caught her offguard. The taking of the hoof didn't catch her offguard, but the pecks upon her cheek did and she blinked ever so slightly at the zebra before her smile returned and a soft, amused chirp of a laugh escaped her. Fully aware of the card in her ethereal hair, but not drawing attention to it yet.

"Well! I hadn't expected such an energetic greeting, but thank you, young stallion! I hope you enjoy yourself at the Gala."

hi hi

Ginger Mint was a little surprised at the comment, and it broke her focus on Celestia's collar. She'd been given a compliment, and casual as it may have been, it didn't feel like idle banter. Looking up, she saw a smile on the Princess's face, small but entirely genuine. Her mind raced to think of something to say, something to do other than stand there like an awe struck fool.

"Oh... Thank you kindly Princess! Coming from somepony with such far-reaching insight as yourself, that is quite a compliment. I am no expert myself, but in my own humble opinion, your mane looks absolutely stellar. I don't believe I've ever seen anything quite like it."

Even this simple small talk with Celestia felt exhilarating, but Ginger Mint felt compelled to say something a little bit deeper. She made a sweeping gesture with her head towards the window and the night sky beyond.

"It is a truly lovely evening Princess, I've only just arrived and I get the feeling that I would be hard pressed to craft such a memorable experience. The cool mountain breeze, the subtle fragrance of flowers in the air, the way the moon lights up the sky... well, that is, I guess I don't know if you are still in charge of the moon or if Princess Luna is in charge of that or... that is... what I mean to say is that everypony who helped make tonight what it is has clearly done a masterful job."

Smooth move... Well, you did want to make an impression... Ginger Mint chuckles to herself as she tries to force a smile. If this had been a play, at least the audience would have gotten a kick out of the performance.

A pink griffin with an elegant gown made her way toward the Princess and her entourage. "Princess Celestia," she said with a flourish, falling into her most formal tones, "it is an honor to finally get to meet you. I am Lola Silverbeak, heiress to the Silverbeak clan, I'm sure you've heard of us. I've been hoping to increase trade between Talonopolis and the pony territories, and I had a few propositions that might benefit everyone involved."

She gave the Princess an appropriate bow of respect. After all, the Princess was responsible for raising the sun every morning, and she was the ruler of this nation, even if Lola herself was as close to a princess as existed among the griffin clans. "But the diplomatic business can wait, I see you are most busy with your guests, I shant take any more of your time. Ta~."

Having made her appearance to the hostess, Lola swept away again without waiting for a response. Off to hobnob with upper echelons of pony society.

Mach Blaze stood outside the gates to the Royal Palace, gazing up at the towering, gilded edifice of the castle with wide eyes. This was it. The Grand Galloping Gala. He swallowed, looking down at the ticket within the breast pocket of his suit - a rental, the pegasus having never even thought that he'd ever have to wear one - as he gave a soft sigh. At first he had thought it to be someone's cruel joke, a co-worker playing a prank on him, but further investigation of the envelope that had contained the little rectangle of embossed gold foil had shown it to be legit. He had thought that maybe the mailmare had made a mistake, delivered the invitation to the wrong address, but no, it was addressed to him, as clear as the sky was blue.

The gray-pelted pegasus heaved another sigh, collecting his courage together as he headed forward towards the castle. Social situations were -not- his forte, and the Gala was -the- social soiree in Equestria. To say he wasn't nervous would be an outright lie. His ears wilted back against his head as he passed the stone-faced guards spaced along the cobblestone pathway leading up to the palace entrance, before pulling the ticket out and showing it to the guardsmare stationed right at the archway into the foyer. She gave it a brief look over, before nodding and handing it back, giving him a soft smile, and a well-wish to have fun. Right. Have fun. At only the biggest gathering of socialites in the entire country. His eye twitched involuntarily.

Stuffing the ticket back into his pocket, he proceeded further into the palace, stepping onto that velvet red carpet interior, the sheer scope of Royalty encompassing his vision. Everywhere he looked there was some manner of gilded architecture or priceless decoration, the pegasus shaking his head slowly, still in disbelief that he was actually here! In the Royal Palace! Shaking nerves slowly began to turn into giddy realization, a smile slowly creeping over his snout. I'm at the Gala. I'm -at- the GALA. I'mattheGalaI'mattheGalaI'mattheGALA! So wrapped up in his sightseeing he hardly noticed that his body had continued forward without his guidance, marching up the stairway until he turned back around to face forward, stopping short as he came just feet from Celestia. "Oh...my...goddess..." He managed to mumble out as yellow ochre eyes glanced around in a blind panic, before his brain finally kicked his muscles into compliance. His head dipped low as Blaze gave a sudden deep bow to the Princess, one leg folding beneath him as he kneeled before Celestia, swallowing hard and bidding his mouth to speak. "Uh...h-hello uhm...Princess. Th-thank you for the i-invitation...lovely weather we're having tonight, yes?" He winced as soon as he said that last sentence, mentally kicking himself. Oh, you dumb stupid foal, you did NOT just ask Princess Celestia about the weather!

Smiling towards her ponies she offered a gentle nod towards Ginger Mint as she commented the night, granted, it was nothing compared to her sister's first night. Oh, the beauty of Luna's nights were the stuff of legend and prose, she felt so inferior when it came trying to duplicate it. However, she didn't allow such memories to dampen her enthusiasm for the evening.

"I'm afraid my sister is not in charge of the night just as yet, but when she is, trust me, the nights will be far more spectacular."

She was about to comment again when the griffin approached, another one? Blinking softly at the Griffin, she simply remained quiet as she was more spoken at than spoken too, aknowledging the Silver Beak clan with a simple nod and a smile. The lady knew what she was talking about. But talk of work was so boring.

Never the less, she dipped her head in a gentle and respectful bow aswell.

"I hope you have a good time at the Gala, Lady Lola." She commented before the griffin vanished completely from her view and soon paid her attention back to the ponies at hand. The princess would have to find some means of escape so that she might actually enjoy herself tonight. But she wanted to greet everyone respectfully.

Oh now this one was too cute.

Smiling brightly at the new pony's shaky and nervous attitude, she watched him duck to a bow and asked him on the weather. Giving a soft, thoughtful sound, she nodded and reached out a soft hoof to pat the colt's shoulder.

"Indeed, it is, but I scarcely think you can enjoy it on the ground like that, young man." The princess offered him a small smile. "Your first time at the Gala?"

Blaze let out a soft little squeak as the Princess reached out to pat him on his shoulder, the colt blinking rapidly in surprise as his ears swiveled forward at Celestia's voice. He forced himself into an awkward laugh, rising back to his hooves before grinning sheepishly. "Ah...true...true...erm...y-yeah. First...fancy-do, period, actually, they're not really my th-thing. N-not that it's not great! I mean...I...oh jeeze." He flushed horribly, ears laying back against his head once again. "Sorry. I'm just...very overwhelmed at the moment. I never really thought I'd actually end up going to a gala, much less the Gala. Heh. Had to run out and rent a suit and everything."

He swallowed, looking off to the side as a hoof idly rubbed against his other foreleg, head dipping down a bit. "Uhm, this is probably a really really huge erm...faux pas to be asking you this, but uh...is there uhm...a bar, i-inside? I think I might need a little liquid courage to get me settled right before I end up spending the whole night hiding in the garden..." Blaze gave another nervous smile, hoping the Princess wouldn't take offense to the query...I mean it was the -Princess-. The Sun, The Goddess, the ruler of the entire known world...and he just asked where the booze was!

hi hi

Ginger Mint nodded her head, trying to mask her skepticism about Princess Celestia's claim. She couldn't imagine that the Princess was pulling her leg, but neither could she imagine what such a spectacular night might be like. Without much else to say she fell back upon an old adage.

"Even in a pile of thousands, a diamond shines just as... oh, pardon..."

She couldn't help but notice the line behind her had continued to move forward and she stepped aside to let the next pony in line approach.

As she walked away from the Princess and that aura of amazement faded away, she paused by the entryway to the ballroom. She'd gotten separated from that charming fellow she met while standing in line, Monty was his name? and she'd wanted to share a few more words with him before the night was out.

Waiting and looking, she tried to squash that nagging feeling in the back of her mind that Princess Celestia was unhappy about something. She didn't seem at all unhappy, her smile was genuine and there was a sparkle in her eyes. Unable to put her hoof on anything, she tried telling herself it was probably just her nervousness, or her imagination.

Luna made her way out of the Ballroom and into the Courtyard, making her way around the outside of the castle until she reached the entrance. It was a waste of time, really, but Luna didn't want Celestia to see her to soon, or for somepony to stop her on her way. Going by way of the Courtyard hopefully meant less ponies. At least Luna could try to blend in with the shadow cast by the castle wall.

She reached the Main Hall, stopping just outside the entrance. She stepped to the side of the doorway, so as not to be seen yet. Glancing inside the open double doors, she caught a glimpse of her sister, standing at the top of a large set of stairs. She quickly pulled her head back, hiding behind the wall.

A knot formed in Luna's stomach as her nerves got the best of her. What if Celestia didn't like her dress? What if she thought it was too frilly, or too simple, for a Princess? After all, Luna didn't see Celestia dressing up for the Gala. What if all this prettying up was a mistake?

Luna backed away, her previous confidence fading. She turned, intending to leaveâ€â€Âbut as she looked over her shoulder for a last glance, she met Celestia's gaze...and knew it was too late. Her face turned red and hot as she turned around and headed back, making her way across the Main Hall and to the stairs.

Offering a sympathetic look towards Blaze, she motioned towards the ballroom with a soft wink , she never partook of alchohol herself. But at times like this, she wished she did. It would've settled her nerves and help hasten the speed of the evening just a bit.

"Do try and enjoy yourself, the Gala isn't a place to hide your face."

That done, she returned her attention back to Ginger as she spoke up again before leaving and she smiled faintly. That'd gone well-

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted something. Turning her head she saw a dark blue figure heading for the door and tilted her head. Was that...?

Nodding appologetically to any pony hoping to continue the greeting, she headed down the stairwell and towards the figure with a soft smile, having a good idea of who it was and pleasently surprised by the ensemble she was wearing. It was lovely.

"...Luna...?"

"I-I'll do my best not to...I MEAN, do my best not to h-hide I mean...I...er...I'm just gonna uhm, go now...aheh..." Blaze gave another nervous chuckle, bowing his head in thanks to the Princess, before skittering off towards the indicated direction. It was going to be a long, long night...he could feel it in his wings.

[bluuugh not much else I can think of as an exit post! Sorry :<]

Celestia started towards her, and Luna nearly panicked. She pushed her steps forward, fighting the urge to turn around and go back. As she and Celestia reached each other, Luna glanced quickly around the Main Hall. Oh gosh, was everypony staring, or was that just her imagination? She blushed even deeper, and her mouth felt dry.

But she had to say something, at the very least a 'hello.' She could see that there were many other waiting to see her sister. It wasn't polite for either of them to keep Celestia's subjects waiting. Of course, they were Luna's subjects as well, but... Luna expected that they didn't feel the same way about her as they did about her sister.

'H-Hi, C-Celestia.' she managed. 'TheGalaislovely.'

Time. That's what Doctor Whooves loved - Time. The tan pony with the slicked-back brown hair was always aware of the passing of time - wasted time, waiting time, time crunches. Humor was in timing. Knowledge was in history, of time past. People never understood time, really. There was the time to run, the time to fight, the time to explore... and the time to kick back and relax.

He hurried through the gala, having been blessed with an over-exuberance of energy. Even relaxing, he could never keep himself down to a simple walk. Even when he moved at a slower pace, his legs always swung out a little more than they needed to, he had little extra movements of his head, his eyes darting around. But for now, he just hurried. There was something important, something he *had* to do, something for which, he knew, the time was now. He could just *feel* it.

He burst through the large doors into the main hall smoothly, without spilling a drop. There they were... and together! Wonderful! His hooves carried him over to the princesses and stopped, but his body didn't quite notice that his hooves had stopped, and he tilted forward, tipsily... except the two princesses knew that the good Doctor Whooves always seemed on the verge of falling over from too much moving around, even when completely sober. He was wearing a brown coat with a tan undershirt which seemed slightly rumpled, and there were ... some kind of white shoes on his forehooves. There was a tie, but instead of being tied neatly round his neck, he seemed to have repurposed it into a headband, the brown tie hanging down along the side of his face.

"Your highnesses!" he declared brightly, skipping directly past all the other ponies in the receiving line and ignoring their baleful looks at his impoliteness. His quick eyes took in Celestia's tired expression, hidden behind a polite mask, and Luna's nervous bashful shyness, the uncertain looks she shot at her subjects. Ah, wonderful! He was right on time!

He turned first to Luna, and gave her a deep bow, somehow managing the graceful gesture while balancing a glass on the top of his head, and a glass perched on top of his nose. "Our Princess of the Night," he said floridly. "What a beautiful evening you have put together for us! The stars shine brightly, the breeze is cool, and moon is gorgeous in the sky for all those ponies sneaking off into far corners of the garden for a little time alone, and it all combines for a refreshing evening that truly encourages ponies to enjoy themselves! Thank you, ever so much, for the work you have put into making this night truly memorable for all here!" He spoke the words loudly, so that the ponies in the receiving line could hear it, too, but his voice softened with the next words. "And now, you are enjoying the Night Life, I see? The Night Life *is* known as the time of partiers and those with a zest for life!"

He grinned encouragingly to the darker princess, dipped his head, and slid a Banana Daiquiri off onto his hoof, the drink splashing through the air and all falling into the daiquiri glass without spilling a drop. "To you, I present this Banana Daiquiri, which is quite possibly the world's most perfect drink, to help the beautiful Princess of the evening to loosen up and enjoy herself, upon this gorgeous night that she herself has made." He grinned, and his last words were a whisper, so that no one further away than Luna could possibly hear. "After all we have shared together, what could ponies possibly do to frighten you?"

And then he turned to Princess Celestia. "Your majesty! Thank you again for engaging once more in the dull task of putting up with all of us status-seekers and boring diplomats, always being so careful for just the right thing to say for fear that someone will gasp at them!" Surely, there were a couple of gasps at that, in the receiving line. "Your duty and responsibility on this, a night when everyone else here has the sole responsibility of enjoying themselves, is truly commendable! I salute your infinite patience and your dedication to the demands of your station! And to you, I present this Banana Daiquiri, to bolster your fortitude and provide that slight little bit of playfulness and impish glee that you are otherwise often denied in your duties!"

He grinned, then. "I've been here a couple hours, now, and there hasn't been a single monster, magical catastrophe, or example of science-gone-wrong that demanded my attention" He paused, glancing around, as if waiting, then a big grin spread over his face. "not even after saying *that*! I'm actually getting an evening off! Surely this is the Best Night Ever!"

Trixie was garbed in an admittedly beautiful dress - she had no idea why Doctor Whooves had a whole closet full of dresses and saddles for fillies, but he said he had a lot of friends who often needed outfits. This one was a beautiful lavender, that perfectly matched her coat, with a golden moon-shaped crescent doing double duty as a necklace across her throat and a clasp for her gown. The gown fell back across her flanks and tail, darkening to a deep purple, till it was very nearly black at the hem. A small smattering of golden stars decorated her shoulders, on a deep purple shawl bunched up behind her neck, and a small golden tiara, simple and with no decoration, perched atop her head. Upon her forehooves were simple purple shoes, with a spray of golden thread down the outside of each shoe, like a shower of falling stars. It was like it had been made especially for her!

What a drag this party was - a bunch of poseurs and hoity-toity ponies, acting like they were all that. Little did they know that she was the Great and Powerful Trixie, and that she outshone them all! Them and their showing off, their self-righteous egos... she felt sorry for them, thinking that they were so great, when they weren't. Admittedly, it was nice to be here, in such a gorgeous surrounding. She'd never actually *been* to the palace before ... and it was beautiful. Plus, all the free, fancy foods, and the lovely music. It was like the life she'd never had, but had always deserved.

She walked along, floating a banana Daquiri along with her, as she followed after the bundle of energy that was Doctor Whooves. She didn't know why, but the strange pony she'd found herself traveling with seemed obsessed with the drink. Heck, with bananas in general. And now, he was going to offer a pair to the princesses. Right. Like *he* knew the princesses. She smirked as she watched him skip the line and put on such a ridiculous show, trying to act like they knew just who he was. This was going to be beautiful. Finally, that uppity Doctor Whooves was going to be put in his place. Without thinking, she sipped at the Banana Daquiri.

Hey ... that *was* pretty good!

Smiling softly at her nervous little sister, she glanced over the gown she wore and couldn't help but find herself beaming just a tad more, she looked lovely. Like a princess should do, she was highly regretting not wearing her own gown that the poor tailors had painstakingly put together. But her wings needed to breath.

However, any words that tried to come out were extinguished when the doors slammed open much to the surprise of the solar princess who raised her head and watched the wobbly earth pony slide forward with glasses in hoof.

It was him again!

Blinking at Dr Whooves for a moment or so and at the lovely unicorn filly who'd followed in after him, whom she assumed was a relation or his date for the evening, she watched the interaction between him and her sister. Smiling ever so gently as Luna's night was praised. She hadn't made it...but the praise would've done well for the other to hear.

And then the drinks.

Oh the drinks.

Floating hers to her mouth, she sipped it and sighed in relief as her parched throat was quenched by the blend of flavours that it'd been aching for. The earth pony certainly did bring with him a wild variety of fun.

"Have you been enjoying yourself, Dr?" She asked before smirking. "What am I saying? It looks like you've been enjoying yourself."

Oh no, not him again! Luna groaned as the brown Earth pony butted in between her and Celestia. But she listened, politelyâ€â€Âthere were a lot of ponies watching and she had to act just as civilized as Celestia did.

'O-Oh, well, thank you.' Luna floated the drink closer to herself. The 'thank you' was half about the drink, half about the nightâ€â€Âeven though she hadn't yet had the pleasure of creating it since her return. She debated on whether or not to take a sip of the daiquiri. Certainly, she didn't have any opposition to a little alcoholâ€â€Âbut with all eyes in the room on herself and Celestia, it probably wasn't proper. But she watched her sister take her drink and take a sip, so she followed suit, keeping an eye on the ever mysterious Doctor Whooves.

Doctor Whooves couldn't help but grin broadly as both princesses drank of the glasses he had given them. Nor did he really want to avoid it. He loved to mix things up a little bit - if it got too stuffy, he just started going mad. And this party was just about the stuffiest thing he'd run into, though he was making his own fun! Surprising how much party those stuffy old mares had in them once they'd gotten a few banana daquiris.

He grinned softly to Luna. "You don't have to lose all of Nightmare Moon," he said ever-so-softly for no ears but her own. "She was part of you, just as much as this face is. You just need a nice balance between her confidence and your sweetness and beauty." With that, he gave her a kiss on her cheek, then turned to Celestia.

"Oh, and to both of your highnesses," he said brightly, "I have the distinct pleasure of introducing a new companion of mine - quite a unicorn, with a incredible potential. At your pleasure, I present the Lovely and Powerful Trixie!" He bowed again, his forehoof gesturing behind him to his companion.

Trixie watched with bated breath as to the princesses reactions to Dr. Whooves' assumption that they would somehow receive him on a personal level or tolerate his buffoonery. It wasn't as if she disliked the eccentric earth pony - she did travel with him, after all, even if it only, well ... primarily for her own selfish benefit. It was just that he could be so self-righteous and full of himself at times, and it would do a world of good to see him knocked down a few pegs! Not to mention that it would make wonderful ammo for her remind him from time to time. It was the latter that gave Trixie such an assured smile between sipping her all too good drink.

That smug smile didn't last long.

Trixie watched in awe as Princess Celestia, THE Princess Celestia, not only addressed him in an informal, friendly manner, but accepted his drink without hesitation. She just stood there in stunned silence as he small talked with Princess Luna in much the same way. Then suddenly he kissed her ... Trixie lost her concentration enough to let her drink slip, catching it with her magic only at the last moment before it hit the floor and caused a scene. Her mouth was widely agape at what she just witnessed. He kissed her.. HE KISSED HER! It was just on the cheek, a kiss of mere affectionate friendship, but none the less ... on royalty ... in front of everyone. Trixie's eyes darted around just to watch what everypony else thought - they seemed to be surprised, although not as shocked as she. Gathering her thoughts, feeling an odd mix of disappointment, surprise, and a little envy, she just looked down and rather forlornly took a sip of her drink, when suddenly she was introduced...

Trixie's eyes widened in shock as she suddenly realized all eyes were on her, almost choking on her mouthful before she swallowed rapidly. "Oh ... uhhhh," she felt a strong blush coming on as she was completely caught off guard. She had to do something fast! She was grea ... Trixie after all, lovely indeed, and powerful! That's it!

Trixie quickly put aside the drink with her magic and curtsied graciously to the two monarchs, "Thank you, your highnesses, for this gracious invitation to your wonderful and magnificent event!" She stood proudly back up on all four hooves, "I, the Lovely and Powerful Lady Trixie, am most honored to be here!" She proclaimed as she used her magic to suddenly cause several spontaneous fireworks and lights to explode in an full array of bright colors around her and the room. Looking about, she noticed a whole lot of stunned and not a few disapproving looks, especially from the guards ... had she overdone it?

Listen to herself! When had she ever worried about overdoing it? What was becoming of her?

The princess. The monarch of the sun, ignored the looks of her subjects as she quenched her thirst with the smooth tasting liquer. But she did catch the kiss on her sister's cheek and that made her arch a brow curiously. Oh the reaction there would be quite a thing to see, but she hid her smile as best she could as the good Doctor introduced his friend who approached.

Something in the female's stride made Celestia smiled before the fireworks began.

Blinking in faint surprise at the odd show, she just stared for a moment, maybe two or three before a smile came across her muzzle and she chuckled in good natured humor.

"Well, it's an honor to have such an interesting unicorn here at the Gala, miss 'Lovely and Powerful' Trixie."

Luna took in a quick, sharp breath when Whooves mentioned Nightmare Moon. That was something, someone, she would much rather forget for good. But then, as he lightly pecked her cheek, she blushed, clearly visible to those around her. It was rather unexpected, but, then again, with someone so eccentric as this Doctor Whooves seemed to be, coupled with the fact that he acted a little tipsy, she probably shouldn't have been too surprised with it.

But her attention was quickly drawn away from the show of affection as he introduced his... 'companion.' She turned her head around as he gestured, and jumped slightly at her display. But she heard her sister laugh, and so put a smile on her own face, taking another awkward sip of her drink.