Catching a Breather

MudBug

Tempest blinked at Aqua's whispered comment. The hippocamp usually had a much better social sense than her, so she endeavored to avoid holding anything against the repair pony. She extended a hoof to meet Klondike's with a sharp shake. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mister Klondike," she said formally.

"Inkwell... Inkwell... doesn't ring any bells. Um, but I don't really tend to run in artistic social circles. Most of the ponies I spend time with tend to me more practically-minded. Uh, not that there's anything wrong with art of course. I, um... I actually do a little bit of ice sculpting. As a hobby." She blushed as she admitted it. She'd never even mentioned her sculpting to Aqua Drop, and since she kept her works in her house high above the city where they wouldn't melt, nopony had seen them.

Klondike, assuming of course like he always did, came to the conclusion that he had missed quite a bit of the conversation and as such, he sat on his haunches watching the exchange between the ponies, content on listening to see if he could catch up more on what had been said. He heard Rose Madder refer to them, him and the two other ponies, as coming from Ponyville. This of course answered his question as to where they were from, but he figured he'd keep this realization to himself for sake of not interrupting. When Rose asked about a pony named Inkwell, he simple shook his head.

He was feeling more relaxed now that he had at least momentarily had the distraction of fixing something, even if it was minor, but just that small fact made the Gala feel less overwhelming than it had a few moments ago. Plus, at least he had some resemblance of a conversation with some ponies at the Gala, so that made the evening seem all that brighter. Oh, and the food of course had been worth it, he had never eaten that much good food before, even if he had over stuffed himself more than what was recommendable.

Contemplating this with a content smile, he let out a sigh as he looked up at the night sky and a small realization settled on him. If he wanted to make it back to Ponyville with enough time to rest for the next morning of organizing and planning a trip out to the Saddleveil Plains within the following week or two, he would have to get going now or postpone his plans a day longer than he liked. It was a customer's request that had him going to the Saddleveil Plains, so he'd rather do it on time.

'Miss Tempest Rime… Miss Aquadrop… Miss Rose Madder…' He addressed the ponies in front of him with a slight bow. 'I apologize for the earlier confusion, and hope that your evening improves from here on out. I need to start making my way back to Ponyville, so I thank you for your company.' He finished with another bow as he excused himself and began to make his wait towards the exit of the palace. After a few steps though, he stopped and turned around with a smile on his face.

'Since you ponies are from Ponyville, if you ever need anything repaired, look me up! I'm more effective with my tools than my conversational skills! You too Miss Rose Madder, if you find yourself in Ponyville!' And with that, he was off.

[Klondike's part is done. Thanks all for the RP!]

Aqua Drop

"Well, yes it's a little hard to move around with a fin tail, but It's who I am, so I don't complain!" Aqua said to Klondike, before Tempest mentioned her ice sculpting. "PFFT You ice sculpt?! Why didn't you tell me? That's totally awesome!" She said, turning around to face her.

"You totally have to let me see them sometime. I wanna see what kind of pretty ice sculptures you can make!"

((Sorry my post is so short, not sure what else I can post))

• 2 weeks later...
Wind Mist stopped singing for a moment, ending up with a long note and turning to the white filly that had just addressed to her. She smiled once again beneath her veil. "Hello there.", she said in her kind voice, "I was singing about a tale I heard once when I visited the Gallopacus island. A tale about a sad mare, that had her husband sailing in the high seas. But only later on she found out he was a pirate...", she then explained, her voice almost trembling when she told the last part of the sad story. The ponies around seemed to be pretty social, a thing she had to learn to act. She approached the pony she was talking to, looking quite taller than her.

Shimmer Star

Shimmer nodded to the bigger pegasus, a smile on her face. "Thanks. It's an interesting song." The filly lifted her head slightly, her ears perking. She had promised to meet her mother at the buffet, and it was probably time for her to go do that. "I need to go though, nice meeting you!" She finished and trotted off to the entrance back into the castle.