A Familiar Face

The stars were sparkling like diamonds piercing through the veil of night and the moon was ominous and looming as it ever was. Having been there for quite some time to help set up the affair in any way she could, the mayor of Ponyville scurried about to make sure that Ponyville's contributions were made to the Gala before taking up shop in the Main Hall to await the guests. While she wasn't going to be the formal greeter like Princess Celestia was, she always was anxious to meet the other guests – especially if they were her own citizens! On top of doing what she could to lend a helping hoof in the preparations, she made sure that she came dressed and ready for a night of extravagance and merriment.

Rather than leaving her hair in its natural, almost-pompadour state, she had it done back into a ponytail (no pun intended) with a a bang of hair to compliment her face more. She also decided to go with her favorite pearl earrings for the occasion as well as what looked to be a matching choker. Lastly, of course, was her dress – a vanilla white halter dress that she complete with a neckerchief of the same color as her neck blouse from work. It was a little more complicated than she had like, but her personal friend and tailor assured her that it would do her well for the Gala. Sure enough, she was pleased enough with it to wear it to the gathering.

Giving herself one last look in the mirror to adjust the ponytail-and-bang hairstyle and make sure that the dress was fitting and comfortable, she calmly trotted out into the Main hall to await guests – especially citizens of Ponyville.

• 1 month later...

(( I hate to be the bearer of poor news, but I've decided to drop the responsibility of playing the Mayor. Unless a new player comes along and would like to take up the role in this thread, odds are that she will not play a major role in the storyline anymore.

I know I didn't really get the chance to keep playing her here, but my summer job and just a general lack of will to keep playing in the threads has gotten to me. Hope to see you ponies around the board! ))