Spike and Rarity

Thaumh

This may have been proposed before, but I had an interesting thought about what you might call the species of such a hybrid. Particularly if this has happened before with other Dragon/Unicorn pairings, and especially of the offspring of such pairings ever found each other and 'breed true'. I.E. the kids are a true blending of the species instead of a Dischord-esque calico hodge-podge.

The child of Rarity and Spike would be a Kirin.

Interesting theory. I think a child of Spike and Rarity would have a few of each parent's qualities. To put this into a genetics perspective, dominant traits would win all around.

• Neither have wings, but Rarity uses her magic often. Spike uses his fire-breath often, and from what we've seen of characters in the show these are quite prominent features.
  • Rarity is relatively tall, Spike relatively short. Tallness is dominant, so the child would most likely be quite tall. As for weight, about medium
  • White is usually recessive all around genetic wise, and purple is a colour so dark I'd assume you'd have a child with purple skin and purple hair.
  • As for scales vs. fur, Spike's scales never appear too prominently and don't really serve a purpose. His teeth, however, are sharp and useful for chewing gems. His eyes seem to do the same thing as pony eyes.
  • Blue eyes or green eyes? They're both recessive, but blue is more common.
  • Both have big eyes. Spike uses his claws often, and hooves are pretty useless. Rarity is big on her mane and it attracts mates, so it would most likely stay too. Spike's spines serve basically no purpose.

So here's what you'd get:

23ts6fo.jpg

You know, it doesn't look too bad considering.

RariSpike is a cute shipping for a one-sided crush.

I only support it if Spike turns into a pony. That's just too cute! Their personalities are very compatible...I just can't get past the fact that he's a DRAGON. Dragons and ponies don't have the same life cycle, nor any reproductive qualities that work together :oops:

Anyone reading 'Zester Apple Flambe'?

Spike x Apple Bloom fic. Where AB gets pregnant by spike. Currently shes still pregnant and there working througb it. Geez its a good fic. Just so slow to update.

I find that I started reading for the cover art, but stayed because the story holds up.

Actually I wonder if white would be recessive, think about it with a recessive gene there's a usually a one in four chance of it being expressed yet both Rarity and Sweetie Belle inheireted their father's coat colour, not to mention Pony genes may work differently from human genes and aren't as strait forward, how else would we have a pony with greyish parents and sisters be bright pink? Also some eyes vary between green and blue and there's been some mention of eye colour being connected to skin colour with blue and green being connected to lighter skin and brown being connected to darker

Though I have to admit, I also can't really see them going beyond a trial date and deciding they're better as friends. Then again these sort of pairings tend to be everywhere in fandoms for a series that has them and and I do get a bit fatigued with it after a while and see them as potentially unfair, so I could be biased

Depending on how well the writer can pull it off it may or may not work.

Heart of a Dragon remains one of my favorite romance fics.

Its a fic thats actually two stories. Spike x Rarity and Spike x Celestia. IE there was a point in the story were spike faced that choice and the author wrote out both story branches.

I though I supported Spike and Rarity, but I found myself on team Spike x Celestia.

Here's what I think will happen.

Eventually, Rarity will come to love Spike as he loves her. Yet it will come too late, for Spike will have moved on. Shamefaced at feeling like he's lead on an innocent filly, he will run away, change his name to Coryoon and fall in love with a human princess who will erase all his memories of his former love. And he will save the princess from evil. And it will command ridiculous prices on eBay.

On a more serious note, he'll probably get over her eventually. Oh, and her babies would totally be pegasi with dragon wings who can breath fire.

Spike is a child and Rarity is an adult. Them getting together would be creepy

Question is: by how much?

From what I can tell their maturation process is way different. Time-lining tells me that if Twilight (and other ponies[X the fact that foals are born more able than human babies] mature at a similar rate to humans) Might be about 4 or 5 years older than Spike. That's like a 15-16 year old lusting after someone who I can't really believe is outside of Twilight's generation (IE about 18-21). That's not creepy at all actually.

• Like 1

Spike is a child and Rarity is an adult. Them getting together would be creepy

I agree! I think it's quite weird when people legitimately ship them.

From what I can tell their maturation process is way different. Time-lining tells me that if Twilight (and other ponies[X the fact that foals are born more able than human babies] mature at a similar rate to humans) Might be about 4 or 5 years older than Spike. That's like a 15-16 year old lusting after someone who I can't really believe is outside of Twilight's generation (IE about 18-21). That's not creepy at all actually.

You are right that they probably age differently. Dragons in lore tend to live thousands of years, while ponies on Earth live to be around 30. However, it has been said numerous times in show that Spike is, at current, a baby Dragon. Rarity runs and owns her own business, and is obviously an adult. Twilight hatched Spike when she was a child, so she is already 5-10 years older than he is. If he could have a legitimate romantic relationship with Rarity, he could just as easily have one with Twilight. And you know what I say to that?