Not quite random, but I agree.

But thats just me, I dont truly believe in random.

Off topic: id really like it if they did something to canonize how ponies age. If they mature at the same rate as real poines or if its closer to humans.

In my head canon foals are born with stronger bodies than human kids but still age at about the same rate.

Then somehow my mind looks to spike...and thats were the confusion starts.

Another thing I really like about this episode is that Granny Smith actually gets to hang out with other ponies her own age. In most of her appearances, she's talking down to other ponies, either as the doting grandmother or the irascible elder. I'm pretty sure she still thinks of Filthy Rich as a teenager, for example, even though he's got a daughter of his own. Seeing her chatting with Apple Rose and Applesauce was really sweet, and gave us a better idea of her character, I think.

hi hi

Rosewind, I only really liked Raise This Barn a little bit at first, on account of the fact that it wasn't silly enough to not take seriously like Evil Enchantress, and it wasn't relevant enough to me like how I wish winter was over... but my stars, it has grown on me a lot. The more I listen to it, and the more I am able to make sense of the lyrics, the better it gets. (And yes, Sim Gretina is fantastic. :) )

I found another one that I really like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FmzLk7jkSA

Woah...... two of the adult mares don't have their cutie marks! :o

They're not adult mares. just Realy big fillies.

(WE RETURN YOU TO SCEDULED CRITIQING)

This episode is great one, with a great look in how ineffectivness is more memorable than gettin it done. one thing, however... THE BUCKING SONG! STOP MAKING SONGS I LOVE AND HATE! I CRINGE AND DANCE TO THIS DISASTERPIECE!

They're not adult mares. just Realy big fillies.

(WE RETURN YOU TO SCEDULED CRITIQING)

This episode is great one, with a great look in how ineffectivness is more memorable than gettin it done. one thing, however... THE BUCKING SONG! STOP MAKING SONGS I LOVE AND HATE! I CRINGE AND DANCE TO THIS DISASTERPIECE!

Some ponies don't have cutie marks and then again some folk'll

Like Cletus, the slack jawed yokel!

Thank you Simpsons.

• Like 1

Okay, so a friend of mine who really liked this episode finally convinced me to watch it. I told him I would only do it

, and he held up his end of the bargain, so...

Anyway... despite my initial misgivings, Babs actually didn't bother me as much as I expected. In fact there was one scene where I thought she was cute (the "I can't feel my tongue" scene).

And "cute" pretty much defines this episode. Of course Applejack and Apple Bloom are just naturally adorable, I found myself wanting to hug half the Apple family (even Granny Smith), and...

One, two, three, four, raise the barn....

That's honestly the best song this season. And I actually have to take my hats off to the team for making it in the style of a square dance (it honestly surprises me that anyone remembers what those are, these days, and it fits Applejack and her whole western country motif so well).

All in all, I give the episode a 7/10. There were parts that coulda been better, but... not very many.