A very impromptu race...

It was quiet in the garden - nothing but a mild hum of a few ponies out and about talking, and the occasional chirp or sqeuak of a resident animal here or there...at least, it was until 2 pegasi arrived!

Robikku followed Sunset out into the garden - a little unsure as to why he should race the young and foolish pegasus, yet following the more mischievous and hotheaded side of his own nature...afterall, there was plenty of room out here, and it wouldn't really interfere with anyone out here if they were in the air.

However, before he even had taken a moment to even settle down, Sunset took off at an unexpected speed, and Robikku stood there for a second in blank confusion before taking off after the unsportsmanlike pegasus - he didn't intend to just stand there looking like an idiot however, so as soon as he regains his composure the pegasus immediately took off after him, ignoring any odd looks and comments that got thrown their way...he was going to win this thing and prove his point, regardless!

The pony was actually catching up! In all his life, Sunset had barely ever been beaten, but this pony was truly fast! Sunset panted. "I'm halfway there! Gotta keep going, just gotta win..." he muttered to himself as he raced around, coming up to his third lap.

{{ Gonna warn you that I'm NOT fond of people Godmoding/rushing an RP - either slow up and find a way to work around things without coming across as a Godmoder, or I pull this entirely. RP's need a little more thought than just "I WIN ALL THE TIME!" - Tone it down, please. This is an RP, not an actual race! }}

Robikku grits his teeth and flaps harder as he watches the other Pegasus going at it with all he seemingly had - a small smirk appearing on his features as he narrows his eyes, tucked his head in a little more and let the wind carry him on, the aerodynamics allowing him to catch up to the other pegasus with a little effort...

Sure, it was going to leave him pretty damn tired by the end of it, but he resolved to raid the buffet after this...after all, there wasn't anything better after a race than something tasty to eat!

However, at this moment in time the only thing he wanted to do was to show this silly little colt that challenging the first pegasus you see at any one time wasn't always the best idea...!

Sunset spun his head around, trying to take a look at the pony. The strange, fast Pegasus was catching up. "Cmon, Sunset..." he muttered. "I can win this...". He snuck another look back at the pegasus, and was shocked to find the pony almost right behind him.

With the wind in his wings, the pegasus was currently keeping an eye on his opponent - for the most part, they weren't exactly in the way or disturbing the wildlife, but there was a small gathering of ponies watching curiously the small improvised race - they were almost tied, and the Pegasus wasn't about to ease up on the young one right now....not when he knew that they were being watched.

He drops altitude a little, hoping to catch a proper wave of air when it came to climbing back up again...the idea, of course, being to gain a little speed that would help put him ahead of the other pony. Finding himself grazing over the tops of hedges and saplings, he smirks as he feels himself accelerate a little more...managing to just about pull ahead of the rather astonished opposing Pegasus nearby.

" I'm not gonna lose to some foal with an attitude problem! " He thought to himself, taking care to navigate around the tree coming up in front of him, avoiding any pegasi who may be currently occupying the air.

He was coming up onto the next lap now, crossing the line and starting on the next one - if he could keep this up for a little while longer, there was no chance in heck that he could lose to this little trouble maker!

Sunset pushes hard as they near the line, watching as the other pony got a little burst of speed from an air pocket. "Oh yeah?" he muttered. Sunset pulled up into an updraft, throwing him up high into the air. He grinned as he began to catch little pockets of air over the other pony, slowly but surely propelling him forward. The other pony was ahead, but Sunset didn't care; he MUST have this race!

Carrying a plate of food piled high from the dining hall, Mystery wandered out into the gardens. She figured it would be less hustle and bustle out here than with all those ponies at the buffet. She looked around for where would be a good place to sit. With that plate in her mouth, loaded up as it is, she couldn't really pay much attention to what was happening above. "Hm. Looksh like a good plashe," she comments to herself around her plate.

She leans down carefully so she doesn't drop anything or spill on herself or something. It looks a bit close to the race course, though... Even if the two pegasi were flying above.

Oh this was what Robikku had wanted...an adrenaline fuelled thrill ride in the clouds, being watched by dozens of ponies as he soared ahead of the pegasi behind him, gleefully smirking before looking up over his shoulder to see where his opponent was...and instead, seeing that Sunset had already caught up just enough to be a problem. Robikku frowned and looked back in front of him to address the situation, diving lower to the ground a little more as he does so in order not to crash into the pony above...

...Only to collide into a pony holding a tray full of food and a bewildered expression on their face!

Robikku rolled into a heap with the female pony, the food splattering everywhere around them as his opponent soared overhead without Robikku in front.

" Ugh... " The figure of Robikku got up on his feet, a sandwich half dangling on his muzzle, which was quickly shaken off by the slightly agitated flying pony. " ...What the heck just happened? "

His eyes settle on the pony whom he had crashed into - raising an eyebrow....tsking loudly.

" Let me guess...you weren't watching where you were going - am I right, Miss? "

Sunset soared over the pony, slowly catching up, nearly ahead. All of a sudden, the pony disappeared. Sunset blinked. He hadn't been going THAT fast- had he? He took a look back, as he flew rather slowly along, and saw Robikku sprawled on the ground. For a moment, he considered just keeping on going. But this WAS another pegasi... If it had been an Earth Pony, he would have kept going. But, he did have some sort of respect for a Pegasus... He sighed and turned. "Need a hoof?"

Mystery pulled herself up off the ground, slightly annoyed look on her face. She shakes off a piece of lettuce, and a couple of deviled eggs that managed to land exactly over her eyes. She then wistfully looks at her food. "Ugh... Ow." She glances back over at the one that collided with her. "...I was watching where I was going just fine. Why were ya flyin' so low so fast?" She shakes her head. "Nevermind. It doesn't matter, really. At least nopony was hurt all that badly." She straightens her dress a bit, stifling a brief wince.

She glances over as the other pegasus flies over and raises a brow. "...ah. I see." She rolls her eyes. "You wacky pegasi and your races," she jibes somewhat good-naturedly. She rubs one of her haunches. "Sorry for the sudden course hazard."

Robikku looked sheepishly at her a moment as he wipes off some mayo from his muzzle - he hoped not too many ponies were paying attention to them generally...and fortunately, it seemed as though everypony else was too absorbed in their own activity, and the ponies who HAD been watching were now pretending they hadn't been watching anything or moving out of the area quietly. all in all, it had been a pretty lucky escape from serious embarrassment - although he was already feeling a little red around the edges, so to speak.

He shakes himself off briefly and stretches - now satisfied that everything was in place and at least he wasn't all that injured or overly bruised from the unfortunate incident.

" Sorry about that. " He says, giving the female a slight polite nod before glancing up at Sunset. " I let somebody get under my skin easily for a second and wound up...well, out here. " He continues a moment as he cleared his throat, now feeling a tad more embarrassed at himself than he had just mere moments ago.

" If I can make it up to you somehow, I'll do what I can...although, ya know, I doubt you'd really need anything since it seems everything here is...mostly for free! "

Robikku flapped his wings once, tucking them back again as he glances at the foal with a shake of his head - if this was anything of a lesson, it was that he was NOT here to let himself get goaded into a near-ridiculous race by a younger foal trying to prove himself in a setting that just wasn't suited for such a thing...and it was semi-thanks to the filly before him that he'd been reminded that this wasn't really the place to get caught up in things.

" No, sorry kid - Not really my place to be Floatin' about and getting into trouble... " He says with a smirk.

" Shame - had it been a few years ago, I probably wouldn't care...but I've gotta stay cool headed for this place, nobody wants to look like a foal in front of the kinds of guests here, or the princess. "

" Catch up with me another time, and maybe we'll finish this little game in a better setting "

The pegasus grins and shoots the pegasus a small playful wink. "I still think I could take you on anyday! "

Sunset shakes his head. "Okay then. I guess I'll be off then..." He starts to walk back to the hall. He looks around, trying to find another Pegasus to race him. Really that's all he did; race, race, race. Maybe he should go try something else? Nah, racing was fine. "And I AM the best", he said to himself. "You hear that?" he shouted at Robikku. "I'm the best!" He shook his head again. He could have beaten the pony easily, he knew he could! But, it had to wait for another day. What would he do now?

Mystery coughed, rubbing the back of her neck with a hoof at the exchange between the two.

"Err... right. Pretty much okay. Only injury is to my pride." She looks back in the direction of the buffet. "Maybe I'll sit for a while, though. Calm my nerves. I suppose if you absolutely had to pay back, you could get another plate of snacks or something."

She rubs her chin, then turns toward the buffet area. "Hope there's not too much chatter about." She affects a 'bubbly' and 'bright eyed' manner. "'Hi! My name's Sunflower!' 'Hi Sunflower! My name's Lily Bloom! Your dress is so pretty!' 'Thank you, Lily Bloom! Your dress is pretty too! I love your mane!' 'You're welcome, Sunflower! And thanks! I just had it done today just for this!'" She waggles her front hooves in front of her. One for each hypothetical pony's voice. Her expression returns to its previous state, and she blows a slight raspberry at the thought.

She shrugs, then stretches. "Up to you, I suppose." She then starts cantering back inside.

The Pegasus opens his mouth to respond, only to have his own stomach do the answering for him, grumbling loudly in complaint that it had been neglected when there was such good stuff on offer...

" Well, I am kind hugry " Robikku mused for a moment as he watches Sunset disappear, a small rolling of the eyes as the impetuous pony raced off into the distance. Such brave proclamations of being the best by those like Sunset were always doomed to disappointment when they discovered the one pegasus who could best them - and whilst Robikku hadn't really beaten Sunset, he hoped that, just perhaps, he'd try not to be so hasty to challenge...although, he chuckled mentally, he probably would do the same in a similar position.

" Alright, Missy - I suppose I can accompany you to the buffet for a moment... " he says with a small grin

" I owe you a decent plate of food...and I'll quite easily honor that little repayment, no problemo! "