What is your pony wearing?

My "most afraid of other ponies" mare, Blushroom is wearing a dress she made herself, as she is very poor, of scraps of her estranged mother's wedding dress dyed with natural dyes, and hair and dress accessories she made of birch bark and flowers. She looks cute, and the woodland fairy look definitely suits her to a T, but has just become dreadfully aware that she is underdressed. And she forgot to wear shoes.

Glow is wearing a ridiculously overdone sequinned dress the same blue-green as her pelt with princess sleeves. Chartreuse leaves adorn the neckline, the train, and her forelock, each leaf has an actual firefly on it, glowing faintly. Her shoes follow this same theme. If she was a human she'd look like the lovechild of Vanna White circa 1987 and a Smurf... with a strand of christmas lights thrown in for good measure. She thinks she looks completely lovely, and might have at a different time been the belle of the ball, but she is a generation too late, and too old to pull it off now so she just looks ridiculous.

Trillium is actually not at the Gala, but she is wearing a lovely dress made of simple, overlapping cut-out flower petals in her cottage at the foothills surrounding Canterlot. She is dancing by herself, imagining herself to be at the Gala with the stallion of her dreams, a friend of hers named River Birch. Every now and then she glances up at the lights of Canterlot and has to hold back tears.

Everyone else is naked. Because they're not there.

Everyone's looking so fancy! x) I'm loving some of the creative outfits y'all are coming up with.

Here's Vintage's. I couldn't decide on victorian, flapper or whatever...so I sort've made a combo of both. It looks summery to me. :3

2a68112.png

And Feedback has somehow found the fancy of weaseling her way into the Gala, Celestia help us all. She seems to think this is what 'formal attire' consists of:

2vmt5qd.png

Aristotle: Military formal regalia, or Class-A uniform. No armor, just the military jacket, shirt, and tie with his rank insignia and commendation ribbons.

Dio: A tux, which he feels very out of place in.

Rook: Dress shirt, dinner jacket, tie. Rook isn't particularly fond of frills or elaborate costumes, but he knows the importance of looking good.

White Feather: Blazer and dress shirt, sans tie. Just enough to slip through the festivities and acquire his prize.

Skye: A simple ensemble: Holly in his antlers, some decoratively placed vinework around his body and accompanied with some fireflies.

Sun Sprout: A breezy, green and gold dress that matches her gold dancer's shoes, and a halo-like headpiece that makes her look like a big sunflower, complete with the matching yellow petal-sque collar.

Hank: A pilfered Appleoosan Sherriff's outfit, minus the silver star and a fabulous ten gallon hat to go with his mustache.

Cheerilee: She'd never worn anything this fine before, and she stepped carefully across the threshold, her hooves clopping daintily on the smooth floor in the custom-fitted silver shoes she'd picked up for the occasion. Her dress, a full gown that covered her from rear to her hind legs, was layered with alternating bands of lavender and white between thicker layers of an almost fuschia-colored fabric trimmed with sequins along the outer edge. Her two-tone mane and tail had been done up in a delicate braid that draped down over her side and had been finished with rhinestone holders. Around her body wound more of the lighter colored fabric, almost giving her a candy-striped appearance until it crossed over her shoulders and down between her front legs to buckle with a rhinestone and silver brooch. Atop her head was a delicate circlet of silver laurel leaves, which she'd thought were somewhat pretentious, but Rarity had insisted.

5794177227_572696e044.jpg

Inkwell: A tuxedo vest with black and white stripes, along with a beret with black and white concentric circles.

Rose Madder: A black and white (mostly black) gothic lolita dress with a silk saddle and a fancy, lacy parasol mounted on her side.

Heh I am not a fancy art-pony so I have to stick to descriptions. Here goes!

Monty is decked out in his best formal attire, a brown tuxedo and a creme coloured shirt with a red bow-tie. The jacket and shirt match his stripes perfectly but the bow tie clashes beyond all belief and that was why he loves it. It is much like his mane which is styled in a permanent mowhawk.

If I could actually draw ponies, I could show you. But I can't, so description it is.

Re-roll is wearing a white tuxedo, but he's personalized it a little bit. His personal additions include "Gold Rush" written in gold thread along the arms.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...