[Stalliongrad] Back Home, but only for a mere Week. (Open)

TorqueWrench15

A tall, tan filly trotted through Stalliongrad. She was an older filly, just barely old enough to be traveling on her own. Her tail and mane stood out against her tan coat, as so did her icy-blue eyes. She carried a brown saddle-bag strapped around her back, containing her trusted torque wrench and 33 bits, not much, but hopefully enough to keep her around for the week she would be spending in her hometown. Her family's constant travels had caused her to lose her original frontier accent, though she hoped maybe to gain it back in this time - or at least a little of it.

Her hooves made the traditional "trot-trot" sound as she went, her mane bouncing up and down with every trotting step. The hairs of her mane rubbed against her horn gently, though it was also an insignificant factor and made no difference either way. This unicorn filly was named Torque Wrench, a name given to her from the Wrench family's buisness of Carriage repair. At the tip of her red, white and blue tail was a black, dry splatter of oil, her special way of accessorizing herself perminantly.

She was very glad to finally be returning home, though she had not seen her hometown since moving to Fillydelphia, and then finally to Canterlot a long time ago. She just hoped no long would think of her as a stuck-up, overly wealthy city pony, as she was definitely not. She also wondered if any pony would remember her. She had had a fair amount of friends back when she was just a little filly, but she bet they probably moved off to get some big-break or something.

Nonetheless, she was exctatic to be back in Stalliongrad, even if for just a short week.

(Hello everypony! I'm Torque Wrench. I'm quite new to this site, but I love it so far! As I have been roleplaying on other websites for the last 3 years, I'm quite literate, though I do face an issue. As my laptop has decided it does not want to work, I do all of my roleplaying on my IPhone. I miss keys every now and again so I often rely on autocorrect for aid. Though autocorrect isn't as helpful as I'd hoped. So, all in all, I'm glad to be here and if you notice any errors, please let me know so I may fix them. Thank you."

[colour=#008000]"Come now, easy does it."[/colour] Silt Treble coaxed in hushed tones to a patch of lemongrass, urging it to grow. The green of his magic glowed faintly about his horn, as the plant slowly, ever so slowly, began to creep to the sky. Never having proper teaching, it wasn't long before the unicorn sat on the ground exhausted from his efforts. He thought of resting and settled down where he stood. No one would disturb him in the shade; his storm-cloud purple coat and shadowed canopy green mane and tail made him hard to spot in foliage. He lay his head in the lemongrass and breathed in their citrus scent as he tried to catch a quick nap before trying at his magic again.

He heard rather than saw the pony go by. Silt Treble raised his head from the lemongrass he was tending to examine the passerby. He noticed the tan coat first, and the oil tipped tail, but what caught his attention was when the pony turned her head and he caught a glimpse of her ice blue eyes. Then he noticed the horn. [colour=#008000]"A unicorn with water in her soul.. Intriguing."[/colour] Silt raised himself from the ground and trotted behind the pony. He wanted to say something to her, to ask her where she came from, about the oil on her tail, what her name was. His own nerves held him back though, so he simply followed her in silence.

It hadn't been long at all before Torque Wrench had heard the hoof-steps of the other pony and re-routed her attention to him. She was a little cautious at first, not trying to mess up anything because of her spontaneous and over-active nature. Eventually she brought herself to speak. "Hi there." she began, eyes blinking gently as she spoke. "How are you?" she was never a good one at starting conversations. She simply had to try her hoof and hope for the best. Her words were the first things that had popped into her mind, as she was quick to begin. Her tail flicked once as she smiled gently, thinking it may be best to act her friendliest.

She shuffled her left hoof around - quite insignificantly - on the ground, the slight shyness that she held in her early filly-hood now showing residues every time she met a new pony.

[colour=#282828]By chance, an unlikely creature was in the area[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Huscarl, was just sneaking through the city on one of his weekly 'Book runs'. Being a hulking teenage dragon, he isn't exactly going to be greeted with open arms when walking into Stalliongrad. Obviously, it is somewhat strange to see a dragon who has a deep obsession with reading, and has to 'borrow' the books (Without ever returning them, It's not like the dragon can just get a library card). On his espionage to the library, his big, red ears detected an awkward meeting of a filly, who looked to be barely of age, and a purple coated unicorn, Huscarl moved to a save position at a street corner.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Now, Huscarl isn't the most nosy of Dragons, nor is he the most violent. But there was something about these unicorns that sparked his attention, the red coated teenager moved silently to try to hear whatever conversation that either of the two might engage in, while remaining as stealthy as he can, and trying his best to conceal his bright yellow underbelly in the reflection of the sun. After a slight re-position closer to both of them, he perked both of his ears to eavesdrop on their conversation. [/colour]

The filly spoke to him, greeted him, asked him how he was. He wanted to reply, oh how he wanted to say <i>anything</i>, but the words died in his throat before he could get them out. The filly before him pawed the ground nervously, and he felt some of his own tension melt away. [colour=#008000]"I-I'm quite well."[/colour] he managed to say softly. The blue in the filly's eyes caught him again, and it was a moment before he caught himself staring with his own eyes of matching shade. [colour=#008000]"Sorry, um, I haven't really, eh, seen you in Stalliongrad before."[/colour] Silt flushed and looked at the ground. He must look like a crazy pony, with his mane sticking out everywhere and clumps of mud clinging to his coat, the light citrus smell of the lemongrass clinging to him like a ghost.

Frankly, Torque Wrench enjoyed the smell of lemongrass. She stopped shuffling her hoof, growing more confident by the second. "That's good to hear." she smiled when he told her how he was quite well. She straightened up when he spoke of her not being seen in Stalliongrad before. "Well, I haven't been here in years." she nodded gently, now constantly thinking over the times when she had lived in her hometown, all of the good memories of her foalhood flashing by. She didn't seem to notice, or maybe just didn't care, about Silt Treble's appearance, for she often didn't care about that in herself, unless she had an important place to be. "You see, this is my hometown. My family moved away a long time ago. It was a really hard move." she couldn't help but glance around again, taking in all of the sights and hoping to see things she remembered. Unfortunately, her memory was never the greatest so by then she had forgotten most of the town's distinctions. She turned back to the Silt, her eyes blinking once again as she felt something was a little... off.

[colour=#FF0000]"Just an dull, ordinary conversation..."[/colour] Huscarl proclaimed to nobody in particular as he took a deep breath of lemongrass and released a huff of black smoke into the air [colour=#FF0000]"Seems typical of ponies to talk about such monotonous things" [/colour]The educated dragon proceeded, not taking care about the volume of his voice. The dragon never hated ponies, it was just the little things that always got on the nerves of the large teenager, though it may be true that he is smart for his age, he definitely didn't have much common sense, as shown by his total lack of conscience to the sound of his voice. He slid his back against the wall, and fell down onto his backside, making a loud thud that could be heard throughout the entire street, releases a sigh, puts his hand on his chin and closes his eyes.

Huscarl loved to just close his eyes, and enter his own world, a world where he could walk through the streets of a city without having to crawl through sewers or lurk in the shadows like a common criminal. Oh how he wished to enter this world.

[colour=#008000]"Your hometown?"[/colour] Silt half smiled. He had never seen Torque Wrench in the past couple years of living here, but he very rarely went into town and stuck to the edges mostly. She probably would know his great-grandsire, and was about to suggest going to his shop when smoke finally touched his nostrils. [colour=#008000]"Fire!"[/colour] Silt whinnied in surprise and looked about for the cause. A glimmer of red and yellow scales down the road catches his eye, and Silt's heart jumped into his throat. A dragon! The grass touching Silt's hooves began to grow, much faster than when he was trying earlier with the lemongrass.[colour=#008000] No, no I've got to calm down. [/colour] Silt breathed deeply and fought the wild magic in him. The dragon spoke then, and Silt almost jumped out of his skin. He wanted to run, but didn't want to leave Torque behind.

Torque Wrench leapt back in surprise as Silt Treble claimed the existence of a fire. She took a moment to regain herself, shaking away the surprise as she zero-ed in her sights and spotted the nearby dragon. Her mouth fell open, but not from fear. No, as she did'nt know of the dangers some dragons posed, she was not overly fearful. Instead, she was utterly shocked that she was seeing a dragon! A REAL dragon! She had heard of them in stories and seen pictures, but never the real thing - unless the time she say outside her Fillydelphia home with her parents to watch the dragon migration, but that was a while back and the dragons had been high in the sky. Now, she was actually staring at a living, breathing dragon near her, her tail flicking about with nervousness. She wanted to speak, but didn't dare for fear of what may be the outcome.

And that was when it happened again. Her shock and nervousness converted to shyness, as exhibited by the restarting of her hoof pawing at the ground. It was a thing she'd always done whenever in such a situation, or even just in a situation where she as meeting a new pony. She forced her hoof to stop it's pitiful shuffling, holding it planted against the ground without movement.

Huscarl was in his own little world. The teenage dragon had his eyes closed and had a slight amounts of smoke escaping his nostrils at different intervals, despite the fact that he had no idea that his stealth had been comprised due to his own carelessness. The dragon was sitting up against the wall in a somewhat theological position with his head resting on his right hand below his chin, with his dull maroon scales and massive set of wings were pushed up against the wall. His orange alloy spikes what were normally protruding from his back were nowhere to be seen, they where most like sticking into the wall behind him.

He carried on dreaming about being accepted by pony society. Though in the end, he knew it could only be a dream, his size and fierce looking teeth seemed to be just the first thing that ponies trembled in fear when seeing him.

Stalliongrad wasn't the most busy of places, even at the best of times, but it seemed as if the only two ponies had noticed the dragon, that being Torque Wrench and Silt Treble.

The two ponies stood there for awhile, watching the dragon, but it didn't seem to notice them. Or, if it did, it didn't care. Silt could feel his initial adrenaline rush fade as he go used to the idea of a dragon. Questions started to bubble up from his well of curiosity. [colour=#008000]"Where'd he come from, you think? And what's he doing here?"[/colour] Silt asked Torque, to voice but a few of the inquiries in his head. [colour=#008000]"Do you think he's dangerous? I mean, he's closer to town than we are, and it doesn't look like he tried to burn it down yet."[/colour] The colt wanted to get closer, but his hooves stayed firmly planted on the ground. The scars on his chest, long since faded from the wolf attack when he was a foal, throbbed as fear slowly crept in again.