Incoming Transmission From Autobot HQ

Well, seeing as how MLP is Hasbro, lets talk about the boy aspect of the brand name, and move on to a topic about Transformers. I love Transformers, quite possibly more then I love ponies, or Star Trek..... ok no. I spoke blasphemy there, but anyway, I freaking love anything bots! I figured there were other people here with my same interests, and I wanted to meet them.

Now I know one of the new members, Astrotrain, is a fan of TF, but who else?

So in here I'd like to talk about all things Bot and Con and Original to Prime and yes, this may even include spoilers, but we have a tag for that, now don't we~?

First off, gen 1 was amazing. I love just about all Autobots and Decepticons, and its really hard for me to chose who is my favorite. Though with a lot of thinking, since I'm getting a 3/4 sleeve of gen 1 bots, I've narrowed it down to Optimus, Bumblebee, Tracks, Ratchet, Snarl, and Wheeljack, then Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Breakdown, and Astrotrain. But with gen 1 comes many different series, like Beast Wars (which I wasn't fond of) and then my FAVORITE OF ALL TIME... freaking Transformers:Prime.

That series is best, to me, even better then gen 1 and I grew up with gen 1!! Its dark, it has serious plot, character development, then human factor isn't that big in important plots, they have a lot of great gen 1 characters, and they keep VERY close to gen 1 personalities (Minus freaking Jackie... seriously?)

Listen to me... I could go on, and I'd rather not unless someone wants to hear it! SO! I ask you, whats your favorite character, series and least favorite? Do you collect the toys? I sure do. Do you have a favorite toy? Favorite transformation... come on!!

Lets roll out into conversation!

Transformers you say?

2011-06-07170925.jpg

I've been collecting Transformers since they first came out in the 80s. That shelf shows the majority of my collection, but there's a lot of Armada stuff still in the closet.

hnnnnnng!! look that masterpiece prime!

i wanted to get the TRU MP-10 Model Optimus Prime that just came out a while ago, but i can never find it, and now he's all up on amazon and ebay for double the price he was while in store. :c

i don't have many toys, mostly the TF:Prime toys, but I'd LOVE to start collecting more. i did order a gen 1 slightly loose but great condition astrotrain, but he never came in the mail and i never heard from the seller... so i got ripped off srsly bad.

my next one i want to TRY and get is Autobot Tracks~ <3 omg i has a robot crush on him. LOL

I got into the Transformers universe when I started watching Beast Wars. Since then, I've had a love/hate relationship with the franchise. In terms of television shows, I really liked Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and Transformers Prime. I thought that Transformers Animated was...okay. I never got into G1, and I honestly am not fond of how cheesy it is. Granted, it's a little bit after my time but I find that it did not age well at all.

Outside of television, War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron were both incredible games, and I highly recommend anyone who is a fan of the franchise to give them a try. And then, we come to the Michael Bay films...oh boy. I know that there exists a lot of hate for the three movies, but I personally enjoyed them for exactly what they were...mindless entertainment. I enjoyed the films because they were visually stunning. I didn't care about the plot, and I didn't care for anything other than giant metal robots tackling each other. I almost wish they completely removed the human element from the films, and just focused solely on the Transformers themselves. xD

Oh, and overall, my favorite character is Arcee (Prime).

• Like 1

I got into the Transformers universe when I started watching Beast Wars. Since then, I've had a love/hate relationship with the franchise. In terms of television shows, I really liked Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and Transformers Prime. I thought that Transformers Animated was...okay. I never got into G1, and I honestly am not fond of how cheesy it is. Granted, it's a little bit after my time but I find that it did not age well at all.

Outside of television, War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron were both incredible games, and I highly recommend anyone who is a fan of the franchise to give them a try. And then, we come to the Michael Bay films...oh boy. I know that there exists a lot of hate for the three movies, but I personally enjoyed them for exactly what they were...mindless entertainment. I enjoyed the films because they were visually stunning. I didn't care about the plot, and I didn't care for anything other than giant metal robots tackling each other. I almost wish they completely removed the human element from the films, and just focused solely on the Transformers themselves. xD

Oh, and overall, my favorite character is Arcee (Prime).

couldn't agree more with you on the bayformers. srsly, everyone i talk to hates them. but i like them for the fact that it brought life into something i love. sure the plots were a little iffy, and there were plot holes everywhere and they turned megs into a whinny girl and made starscream super loyal (lolwtf), but holy cow the visuals. it was a perfect idea of what they'd likely look like if they were real, and knowing me and how my imagination runs away with me, it helps a lot. they were beautifully done and there was a lot of good character development, ESPECIALLY in movie three, and Bee? stole the show imo. i do wish they took out the human factor, but transformers is KNOWN for the human aspects. after all they had autobots dating humans in gen 1. (which i would totally do).

as for Prime... i can't express enough how amazing that show is. its made me cry, its made me laugh... gen 1 was good just for the laughs. iunno, even though gen 1 was before my time, i still love it. but then again this is coming from someone who worships ToS of Star Trek and lightly scoffs at the other series. so i might just have a little more understanding and appreciate the original concepts. after all gen 1 and tos is what started it all, right? well... not really, since it was the toys that started transformers, but you get the idea.

and arcee? maaaan could NOT stand her in gen 1, but she is a LOT tolerable in Prime. plus the colours are way better on the eyes and not so stereotypical to gender roles.

i didn't really see it as a negative connotation, but i can see your point. i never really noticed, or paid attention to it, but in the back of my mind it bothered me.

Bee's farewell though.... -sobs-

hnnnnnng!! look that masterpiece prime!

I actually lived in Japan when they started the Masterpiece series, so that Optimus is the Japanese die-cast model. I really wish I had the Masterpiece Starscream, but he's so freaking expensive now.

so, keeping up with optibotimus' toy reviews, and he finally did one for the new transformers prime beast hunters line with soundwave. i have to say. while the toy is slightly good.........

why is hasbro putting in serious freaking season spoilers on the inserts? it just... like i knew about predaking, but i was seriously waiting to see what happened to jackie. is he alive or dead, but NO! INSERT IS ALL LIKE DERP ALIVE DERP.

ruins the excitement and happiness i would have had finding out from the show. :I

though i do have to agree with optibotimus. i don't think they will be changing the designs of the transformers in season three. if they do i think they'd ruin it. what about you guys?

as for his review:

I personally don't see how changing their designs would ruin the show, so long as they can explain it. It's sort of like transmetal forms from Beast Wars. That being said, I'm really digging Soundwave's Beast Hunters design, but his hands seem so...off. I just have how they are completely flat and angled strangely compared to his arm.

Here's what I have to say about transformers: Buck Micheal Bay.

I loved transformers when I was a kid, then he got hold of them. The first movie wasn't actually all that bad (or wouldn't have been if he hadn't kept trying to be funny) but the second one was just rank, and I can't even remember a single thing about the third. Also, after the first film came out I couldn't find any of the classic transformers in stores anymore. There were only the ones based off of the movies, which were inferior. They tried looking realistic instead of keeping that slightly cartoony anime look they'd had and they couldn't transform all that well. I've heard that there are better ones out now based on the TV show on the hub, but I haven't bought any in quite a while.

Still, I have a lot of them and the ones from the Armada era are sweet!

Here's what I have to say about transformers: Buck Micheal Bay.

Whooaa. He did with Transformers what Nolan did with Batman. If you like campy and boxy, sure, it's not your thing, but he brought the Transformers down to their essence - freakin' sweet transforming cars - and put them into a different setting. Beast Wars and the incomparable Beast Machines did the same thing too. You can't compare it to the original because it's not trying to be the original.

Just a few days ago in this thread, I was commenting how much I'd like to have the Masterpiece Starscream. Well, check out what I found at Toys R Us this week:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x248/tpphill/20130117_164354.jpg

It's not Starscream, but close enough :D

Here's a couple of pictures of the Masterpiece Thundercracker next to his G1 counterpart:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x248/tpphill/20130117_173418.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x248/tpphill/20130117_174752.jpg

• Like 1

Whooaa. He did with Transformers what Nolan did with Batman. If you like campy and boxy, sure, it's not your thing, but he brought the Transformers down to their essence - freakin' sweet transforming cars - and put them into a different setting. Beast Wars and the incomparable Beast Machines did the same thing too. You can't compare it to the original because it's not trying to be the original.

Thing was I liked the origninal. The first movie was good, but the others were just fetid. He did the epic robot battles better than the shows, but that was mainly because of his huge budget. The original, while campy, was good. Bay's movies, while epic, were not (you CANNOT say that Rise of the Fallen was a good movie), and they ruined the original. That's the problem I have with them. Not that they weren't good, but that they got rid of the part of transformers that I liked.