Ffffffffff. . . . [Ended]

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

*SIGH*

Thunder Boomer couldn't believe he was here. This whole fancy-prancy stuff was totally not his bag. He'd been invited to the Galla by an old school buddy of his."Cmoooon. . . I need a wingman. It'll be fun." His friend insisted. So, Thunder Boomer agreed to tag along.

. . . Not more then 10 minutes into the party, his buddy ditched him to chase tail. Figures.

GODS he was bored. That'll learn me to visit old friends. Thunder Boomer thought to himself as he tugged awkwardly at his itchy suit. It was so constricting.

Soft waltz music droned from the orchestra as Thunder Boomer meandered over to the Buffet table with a rather bland expression on his face. At least there is free food. Thunder Boomer figured he could at least stuff himself for a couple of hours before ditching his tie and finding a place to crash.

Moving down the line, Thunder Boomer piled all sorts of food on his plate. Hors d'Å“uvres, sweets, small sandwiches. . . he didn't even seem to be looking at what he was grabbing. When he came to one of the chocolate fountains, he simply shoved a hoof in and stood there licking the sticky mess off with a bored and annoyed expression on his face. A few ponies stopped to stare. He ignored them. When he was satisfied, Thunder Boomer gripped his plate with his teeth, trotted to the nearest empty table and practically tossed it down as he laid his chin on the table and splayed his front legs out across it's pristine surface. He stared at his plate of food as he licked it idly with the tip of his extended tongue. SOOOOO BOOORRRED.

CookieSweets was enjoying the gala so far, it was everything she heard it would be and more so before decided to walk outside she wanted to eat something at the buffet to settle her sweet tooth. She noticed not to far down the like a lime green Pegasus with a blue mane that had a white streak going through it. 'Hmmmm he seems interesting' she thought to herself slightly amused at his rather bored expression here in the most extravagant parties ever held. "I wonder if he'll give me a time of day though" speaking her thoughts aloud as she grabbed cookies, cupcakes, a slice of cake and other tasty sweets onto her plate first.

After getting out of the buffet line she looked around for that Pegasus she caught a glimpse of before. 'He couldn't of gone far with that plate of his' thinking calmly to herself hoping she didn't lose her potential friend. After a few minutes she spotted him alone at a table taking the chance she hurried over to the table "Mind if I join you?" she asked politely as she set her plate down then sitting down herself "I noticed you in the buffet line and saw that you were quite bored so I had to find out why you're so bored at one of the most wondrous parties ever thrown." curiosity now taking over her tendency of shyness.

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

"Mind if I join you?"

Thunder Boomer lazily rolled his head in the direction of the speaker. With a sideways glance and tongue still poking out, he stared blankly at a mare who was speaking to him. The unicorn was Ivory with brown and black hair and a bit plump. Not exactly his type. He bet she was bland . . . but, it was the Gala, so why the hay not? He looked at her unmoving for a moment longer, before sucking is tounge back in, pulling himself up and drawing his plate closer to give the mare more room at the table as she sat down.

"I noticed you in the buffet line and saw that you were quite bored so I had to find out why you're so bored at one of the most wondrous parties ever through."

Thunder Boomer rolled his eyes and shoved some food in his face. "Beecaaaause. . . Well. I'm just not into this froo-froo stuff. A buddy dragged me here only to ditch me. The music is boring, these rich ponies have absolutely no personality, I don't know how to fancy-pants-dance . . . and this suit is killing me!" Thunder Boomer waved his front hooves wildly in the air as he spoke. Upon conclusion, he waved them once more in silence before dropping them suddenly, slumping in exasperation and staring at CookieSweets with a look that made it apparent he was annoyed with the world. "So what's your story?" He asked.

CookieSweets crinkled her muzzle in confusion at the stallion's explanation, boring of all things he thought this party was boring?! Even with all the wonderful decorations and a chance to be in the royal palace with the two princesses roaming around somewhere. She sighed inwardly taking a bite of a brownie she snatched off the buffet line as she continued to listen intently munching on her mini buffet of sweets only. After examining the stallion's look and now part of his personality she realized that pony who seemed to like a wild adventures and other things that are fast paced and now understood his point.

Cookie was snapped out of her thoughts when he asked her why she was here, after swallowing the bit of brownie she had left she started to explain her reasons to be here "Well seeing as this is one of the most known parties of all time I thought why not when I got the invitation having a chance to meet one or both of the princesses was more than enough to convince me to come here." pausing to take a sip of water she liberated from a passing waiter "I also hoped to make connections with some ponies to help get my shop going you know it's important to have connections when you run your own business. I don't mind all the richer ponies and their high expectations of everypony enough to damper my mood. Why not make this party something you'd like" she suggested hoping to relieve him of some of his boredom "My name is CookieSweets by the way"

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

Networking.

Networking and because she got a pretty invitation in the mail.

Same story as probably most the ponies here. How dull. Thunder Boomer had called it. She was bland. Now what to do? Eat some more and politely excuse himself? There didn't seem to be much fun in that. Thunder Boomer never was one for small talk.

"Why not make this party something you'd like"

Thunder Boomer rubbed his chin thoughtfully at this. "Make it something I like huh?. . ." A mischievous idea had been nagging at Thunder Boomer since he arrived and witnessed a Valet rolling some uniforms down a side hallway. He thought about it a little while longer. Why the hay not, you couldn't have fun with out a little adventure.

Thunder Boomer glanced at CookieSweets sizing her up with an intent look on his face. "Okay, Sweetsy". He said, giving her a nickname, or perhaps he had forgotten her name already. Regardless, he had totally passed by giving her his own name. "How'd you like to try and get into the VIP lounge?" He tempted her by saying, "Seems like you'd get some pretty sweet connections that way." His eyes lit up and he gave her a most charming grin. Thunder Boomer had already decided he was going to try it, it was just a matter of if this mare wanted to tag along or not.

Cookie blushed slightly at her newly given nickname and the stallion's charming smile and handsome eyes, shaking her head to clear her mind. 'I can't go with that stallion to the V.I.P lounge something isn't right here he couldn't possibly be interesting in somepony like me' trying to think rationally before agreeing into something she's sure to regret. "Well I-I don't know I think I'm set with my connections" she looked down at her plate suddenly not hungry anymore "And um maybe I should just go to the garden or something I'm sure you don't want to actually hang out with a pony like me right?"

Shyness now taking grip of her again she wanted to back away slowly from the table forgetting about the plate, and this whole encounter feeling as if she just made a fool of herself. 'I'm a big pony and I'll just have to do what a big pony would do' she thought to herself trying to get her courage back up "I. . . . um maybe I should just leave you alone and go sit some where else I don't want to over step my boundaries anymore than I have" putting on her usual customary smile hoping he would lose interest in her.

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

"Well I-I don't know I think I'm set with my connections"

Thunder Boomer stared in disbelief as the CookieSweets seemed to fidget and make up some rather lame excuses not to go with him.

He blinked. Really? She had just gone on about how she wanted to drum up connections to help her business. "Oh c'mon." He huffed quietly and rolled his eyes.

"And um maybe I should just go to the garden or something I'm sure you don't want to actually hang out with a pony like me right?"

"You're kidding. Pulling my leg right? You're honestly telling me you'd rather go watch plants grow rather then hobnob with Equestria's pop-stars and celebrities? Do you know how lame that sounds?" Thunder Boomer frowned as Cookie Sweets seemed to turn into an entirely different pony as she stuttered and lowered her gaze. Shy? Oh Gods, she was one of those wasn't she. Probably took all of her courage just to sit at down at the table and he had just knocked the wind out of her sails. Well. He couldn't allow that. She'd become a challenge now.

"I. . . . um maybe I should just leave you alone and go sit some where else I don't want to over step my boundaries anymore than I have"

"Not so fast." He gestured at her. "Next you're going to tell me you have to wash your mane I bet. Well, you're not ditching me that fast". He rested his elbows on the table and balanced his head in his hooves as he gave her a wink. "This'll be much easier for me if you just agree to tag along."

"I know it sounds pretty lame wanting to watch plants grow but it's just I um.... don't think the V.I.P section is for me you know?" she took a deep breathe this is not the time to be scared especially to somepony who seems to thrive on adventure. CookieSweets was starting to be lured by the Stallion's charm again 'I guess it wouldn't hurt...' she thought to herself 'I mean he SEEMS pretty nice. . .'

Sighing in defeat she decided against her better judgement to go with the him maybe it might be fun and she needs more fun in her dull life. Tonight will be the birth of a new Mare and this will be the pony who helps her it all starts now with a new attitude! Perking up and acting like a completely different pony once again "Sure I'll go with ya." she smiled again this time with a more devious look "Just don't disappoint with what you've got cookin' in that skull of yours". Cookie felt satisfied with how she's acting so far and hoped it didn't get her in to much trouble.

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

Thunder Boomer's face lit up in a mischievous grin as CookieSweets agreed to go with him. "Excellent!"

He reached across the table to the and plucked the flowers out of a decorative vase before wrapping them in a fancy gold napkin and tucking them neatly under one of his wings.

"Stay close to me, let me do the talking, and if there's serious trouble, cry and deny everything". He instructed before pushing away from the table and headed away from the buffet, across the ballroom floor and down the side-hallway he had seen the uniforms go. This was going to take some sneakiness and finesse. He wasn't too worried though. Act like you know what you're doing, and nobody ever questions you.

CookieSweets followed close behind Thunder as he lead the way out of the crowd and down a hallway. She wondered what this stallion was cooking in his head. 'Act calm and cool' she thought to herself trying not to think about what they were about to do 'Cry and deny everything if something goes sour'

She felt a little excited for what might happen this might be one of the most exciting things she's ever done and Cookie was going to enjoy every bit of it.

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

Hooves clopping on the hard cobblestone floor, Thunder Boomer led CookieSweets further away from the party. As the sounds of the Gala started to fade away, they came upon two, brightly lit hinged doors.

The sounds of a busy kitchen echoed from behind them. As the pair neared the doors, a frustrated-and-soon-to-be-surprised looking waiter burst from behind them, carrying a silver platter. He didn't seem to pleased to have discovered Thunder Boomer and CookieSweets in this part of the castle.

However, Thunder Boomer was a quick thinker and also prepared himself if this sort of thing should happen. "Excuse me sir," he asked "We're supposed to deliver these flowers to the Wonderbolt's dressing room. It's down this hallway, correct?" He shifted his wing to draw attention to the bouquet he had tucked under it.

The waiter nodded quickly and maneuvered around them. He seemed in a hurry to get the platter of food out before it got cold. "Yes, down the hall and up the flight of stairs. Last door on the right. Excuse me." He added and hurried his way in the direction of the party.

"Splendid." Thunder Boomer smiled smugly. As he continued on as quickly and as inconspicuously as he could manage.

"So THAT'S what the flowers were for" she stated as she followed him. Cookie was glad he had pretty much everything planned out and trusted he knew what he was doing, she couldn't help but ask the next question since they started this 'mission' of theirs. "So what exactly are you planning to do?" she trotted next to him "Why are we going to go 'deliver these flowers' to the wonderbolts?"

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

"So what exactly are you planning to do? Why are we going to go 'deliver these flowers' to the wonderbolts?"

Thunder Boomer replied in a low tone. Careful, so his voice did not carry."Because," he responded matter-of-factly "I'm going to swipe one of their uniforms."

The pair reached the base of the stairs and Thunder Boomer glanced once more down the hallway to make sure they hadn't been spotted again, and then peered up the stairwell. "No turning back now." He stated as he started to climb. "You see," he whispered an explanation. It was time he offered her one. "I saw them bring in extra uniforms. Probably in case they spoiled one during the performance. That uniform is our ticket into the VIP section."

Cookie stretched her eyes wide in disbelief and excitement, she couldn't believe they were about to steal the /WONDERBOLTS/ extra uniforms but was excited about it at the same time. She climbed carefully up the stairs beside Thunder 'I can't believe we're going to actually do this!' she thought to herself still in slight disbelief. Although she preferred to have met famous celebrities by doing it the right way but there was nothing wrong with getting a little head-start. Then it hit her how was Cookie a unicorn going to pass as a wonderbolt who are pegasi. Cookie decided she'd wait and see what Thunder plans to do about this minor issue.

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

When they neared the top of the stairs, Thunder Boomer peered down the hall cautiously. There, down at the end and right where the waiter said it would be, stood a rather bored looking unicorn.

"There's the guard" He whispered and took a minute to count the number of doors that lined the hallway. Then, when he was positive the guard wasn't looking, motioned for CookieSweets to follow him as he ducked into the first, empty room on the right hand side of the hallway. He was as stealthy as possible, and after he closed the door behind them with a soft click, he pressed his ear up to the door, listening intently for movement on the other side.

When it became apparent they hadn't been spotted, Thunder Boomer let out a sigh of relief. "Phew!" He tossed the bouquet haphazardly into a corner, and took a more relaxed stance as he walked to the other side of the room. It was a simple room with a single fireplace, some tables, a rug, and a couple overstuffed chairs. Nothing too fancy, a sitting room, and probably rarely used.

"Now here's where the fun stuff begins." He said, as he slid open the window and peered out across the castle wall to the window where the dressing room should be.

Once Thunder told Cookie the coast was clear she let out a grateful sigh happy to have one obstacle out of their way. She took a seat in one of the over stuffed chairs they just looked so welcoming to her she just had to give it a try. As the stallion was looking out the window she whispered loud enough so he could hear "You have GOT to try these chairs they are amazing to sit in!" she sank deeper into the chair waiting for the next half of his plan to spring into action.

Although something was nagging at her as she saw the stallion peek out the window she thought to herself 'Does he expect us to out that window to Luna knows where? Is he crazy?' panic slowly grasping her in fear of having to climb out a window without the safety of having wings to lift her up when she falls. Cookie decided to voice her opinion in hopes to have a calming thought while not trying betraying her new found attitude "So..... what are we going to do next?" she whispered again "Surely not climb out that window right?"

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

"You have GOT to try these chairs they are amazing to sit in!"

The chairs DID look comfy, but he needed to focus on the task at hand. Thunder Boomer smiled and waved a hoof absentmindedly at her as he surveyed the grounds below. This part of the castle was dark, and nopony seemed to be around. Perfect. He didn't exactly have a pelt that would help him hide if there were ponies on the ground.

"So..... what are we going to do next? Surely not climb out that window right?"

Thunder Boomer laughed and turned back around to look at her, grinning. "No. Just me for now. Good idea though. Maybe we'll take the short way down" He winked and climbed up on the window seal. "Your part will be to keep watch. Crack the door and keep your eyes and ears open. If you hear or see anypony coming, signal me." With that, he gave her a salute and hopped off the window seal, disappearing from sight.

He let himself fall for a moment before swooping up and skimming along the side of the building, counting windows. When he reached the window belonging to the Wonderbolt's dressing room. He hovered for a moment, peering inside. It was empty. As expected. All of the Wonderbolts were probably downstairs preparing for the show. . .

There.

Hanging neatly on a portable clothes rack, were a row of extra uniforms. Thunder boomer carefully worked the window open and stealthily climbed inside.

Zephyr never expected he would ever be able to attend something like the Gala. When a coworker couldn't make it, he was lucky enough to be the one chosen for the ticket.

It seemed everyone was having a great time at the Gala, but Zephyr didn't understand what he was supposed to be doing here and felt out of place and alone. He wandered about, but nothing caught his interest until he found the Gala's Buffet. The atmosphere was so colorful and festive, it felt as if it was calling to him. And besides, free food was always something Zephyr could never pass up. Upon looking at the food selection, Zephyr couldn't help but feel excited. His eyes widened at the massive array of dishes before him. There was so much to choose from, it was hard to decide what to take. He thought about asking a nearby pony for suggestions, but then he thought that may look weird and decided against that.

After a few moments, Zephyr placed a tiny bit of as many things he could fit on a plate and decided he could come back for the others later. Excited to try all these amazing foods, he went for a nearby empty table and started trying the many things he had. Not too far from him, he could overhear a conversation between a green loud-mouthed pegasus and an ivory pelted unicorn who seemed unsure of herself. Zephyr didn't mean to listen in, they were just close enough for Zephyr to overhear what was being said. Nothing out of the ordinary was said until he heard, "How'd you like to try and get into the VIP lounge?"

Zephyr's ears perked up at this. "What did he mean by that?", Zephyr thought. Zephyr listened carefully to drown out the rest of the room as best as he could. He wasn't able to catch all of it, but the more he heard, the more it sounded like this pegasus was trying to sweet talk the unicorn into some con with him. Zephyr couldn't believe this pegasus would try to sway this poor unicorn down the wrong path. The two of them began to leave the room. Zephyr thought that maybe he misunderstood and no wrongdoing was going to occur, it was noisy and he may have missed crucial details, but his curiosity got the best of him, he had to follow them.

Keeping himself as inconspicuous to them as possible, Zephyr followed. The two traveled well beyond the places the normal party-goers were about. "Something is definitely wrong here." Zephyr quietly said to himself. Zephyr had thought about reporting them to the waiter that had passed him by, but he did not want to get the unicorn in trouble. She seemed conflicted about this whole thing and Zephyr understood that feeling all too well.

Zephyr kept himself as close as he could without giving himself away. Then he heard, "I'm ***** to swipe one ** ***** uniforms."

He didn't quite hear it all, but enough to know he was trying to steal something. This didn't make sense. At first the green pegasus said the two were going to sneak into the VIP lounge, but now he was going to steal from someone? Zephyr was upset at this, he thought about charging the pegasus, but that wouldn't do any good for the unicorn and he was not comfortable starting a fight at the Gala. He simply continued to follow them through the area and up a flight of stairs where there was a hallway with a set of doors. Zephyr watched which door the two ponies had gone into. There was a single unicorn guard, but keeping himself hidden from the guard was all too easy for Zephyr. He listened in on the two and after some time, he heard the pegasus leave the room. "What was going on in there?", Zephyr thought to himself.

Cookie trotted over to the door and cracked it open just enough for her to peer outside. Mostly keeping her eye on the guard down the hall then it hit her 'How am I suppose to signal him when he's outside at Luna knows where?' she sighed inwardly 'I guess I'll just have to hide if I hear anypony'

Cookie knew she would be standing here for a while so she thought she might as well get comfortable, she levitated one of the comfortable chairs to her. She climbed into and sat watch of the door.

Zephyr waited and wondered what he should do next, when suddenly the door cracked open a bit. Zephyr backed away a little to keep the unicorn from seeing him. Her attention from the door was swayed a moment to levitate a chair over for her convenience. Zephyr knew this was his best chance to get inside. As quickly and quietly as he could, he made his way in the room while the unicorn was busy and hid himself behind a chair out of her view. The room wasn't lit well, but there were no great places to hide nor dark corners to conceal himself. Zephyr began to wonder why he was even here, what did he hope to accomplish?

Suddenly he realized a mistake he made, the door was still in the wider opened state he left it in. "Stupid Zephyr, you know better than that.", he thought to himself. Perhaps this will amount to an advantage, Zephyr hoped the unicorn took an action in his favor.

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

Thunder Boomer folded his wings and practically crawled on his belly as he slinked across the dressing room. Straightening up, he pulled down a male uniform, and then dug around for a moment, before retrieving a pair of goggles. Making haste, he quickly slunk back to the window and bounded out. A quick burst, and a few flaps of the wings later, and he was climbing back through the window of the chamber they had adopted.

"Woo! Hoo!" He jeered softly. "Thast wath fun!" He said with muffle, his mouth full of uniform. "Sweethy we'rth gonna haf you danthin wif the royaths in no ti--" As he thudded to the floor he caught sight of the dark green Pegasus crouched by other chair. Zepher's hiding place may have kept him out of view from CookieSweet's position by the door, but from where Thunder Boomer was standing at the window he could be seen plain as day. Dropping the uniform quickly to the floor with a shocked look on his face he demanded, "-- Who the hay are you??"

Glancing around he noticed that the other chair had been placed by the door for some reason. "Cookie, what's going on?" He looked confused and upset. His good mood seemed to have vanished. He had only been out of the room a few minutes and everything seemed to have fallen apart. How was that even possible? A pained expression crossed his face as he wondered if she had betrayed him. That would be such a shame, she was really starting to grow on him.

Cookie jumped out of her chair at Thunder's question "What do you mean what am I doing?" she turned to look at him slightly hurt "I was doing what you told me to d-" the rest of her sentence cut off as her eyes landed on the other Pegasus. What was he doing here? how did he get in? Was this part of Thunder's plan?

"I didn't see him in here when we came in nor did I notice him when I was watching the door" she explained calmly trying to keep a good composure. Then she saw the the wonderbolts uniform "At least you got what you were looking for right?"

Zephyr heard Boomer come back in the room, but there was nowhere better to hide. Boomer, with his mouth full of clothes, was talking to Cookie and didn't seem to notice Zephyr until... "Who the hay are you??"

Zephyr knew his cover had been blown and waited as the two other ponies seemed focused on each other for a moment.

With his presence known, Zephyr stepped out from behind the chair in full view of the two ponies and kept his eye on Boomer. "How about we skip introductions?" Zephyr kept a stern tone. He was unsure what he was really doing other than figuring out why Cookie, who seemed like such a sweet unicorn, would agree to this. "What you're doing to this unicorn is just wrong, involving her in your cons like this. What do you have to say for yourself?!" Zephyr had to make sure not to raise his voice too much or they would all be found out.

ThunderBoomerHeader.jpg

"I didn't see him in here when we came in nor did I notice him when I was watching the door"

Thunder Boomer felt a brief wave of relief. She hadn't ratted him out, the pony had somehow snuck in. How he got in was another story. Thunder Boomer narrowed his eyes as he focused on the stranger.

"How about we skip introductions? What you're doing to this unicorn is just wrong, involving her in your cons like this. What do you have to say for yourself?!"

Con? CON? He wasn't trying to con anybody. Thunder Boomer felt a flash of anger.They were only having a bit of fun. Nothing wrong with a little adventure. How dare he.

Thunder Boomer raised his voice as much as he dared and berated the pony."What? What?! Con?? Who ARE you? What are you doing here?? Are you some sort of peeping tom?? GODS! You are a peeping tom aren't you? Sick! Saw a pair of ponies giving each other the goo-goo eyes downstairs and thought you'd sneak up here for a little peeksy? Get your kicks watching ponies 'tango'?? Huh? That's sick man. Just sick!" Thunder Boomer shook his head in disgust. It was all just too much.

When Boomer accused Zephyr of peeping on them, his anger grew. He couldn't believe this pegasus was trying to shift the wrongdoing over to him. Zephyr took a step toward Boomer, shifting his weight a bit to his front legs and angled his wings out slightly. Zephyr only did this to intimidate the pegasus however, he was sure from the looks of this pegasus that he wasn't much of a fighter. But what concerned him more was drawing unwanted attention to them if a brawl were to break out. If such an event occurred, he would only suppress Boomer. Though Zephyr was angered...

"How DARE you accuse me of such filth! I'm not peeping on you!" Zephyr decided to insult the pegasus. "Besides, I doubt she would indulge in such behavior with a pony like you! I'm only here to stop her from making a mistake. A mistake YOU'RE encouraging!"

Zephyr couldn't believe he was doing this and was still nervous about being seen.