Dave247's Introduction

Dave247

[colour=#4b0082]About Myself[/colour]: My name is Dave247 but you can call me Dave. I am 19 year old from Australia and have only recently gotten into RP gaming in the past handful of months having been intrigued about it and wanting to further my writing skills but also worried about how on earth I was to come up with a character. With some help I was able to create one and have been developing and expanding him ever since.

I have been ropleplaying on another MLP forum in the past few months but are looking for other sites as the general populace of that site is... not that skilled. Though I am currently in one RP in that site though that is rather demanding as it requires me to fit a specific role with my OC and write and follow the rather complex posts so I'm interested in this site so I can RP while relaxing and having some fun.

I haven't been in many RP's but the few I have have all had some theme to it so slice of life would be a nice change.

I also enjoy playing video games, mainly on PC and are looking into getting into programming this year.

[colour=#660099]How I found Canterlot.com[/colour]: A regular good friend from this site, Ice Storm recomended it to me as he feequents here often.

[colour=#6600cc]How I became a fan of MLP:FiM[/colour]: I was doing a course earlier this year that I ended up dropping out of, and there was another student there who was rather open about being a Brony and was been given a hard time because of it. I had never heard of MLP or anything to do with the sort at the time and what intrigued me the most was that when I talked to him about it he said he had already given the episodes to a few other students in the class. With curiosity getting the better of me I requested for him to give them to me too and when I went home and watched the first episode I instantly knew Twilight was my favorite. I was not convinced I was hooked on the show until watching a few more episodes though as by that point I knew there was no turning back :razz:

[colour=#6600ff]My favourite main cast pony/s[/colour]: Twilight Sparkle

I believe that's about everything... If anyone want to know more please don't hesitate to ask me :)

Edited by Dave247

Hi Dace, welcome to Canterlot. My I ask, was the site you were previously on called Bronies Australia?

No, it wasen't that site. I have visited there before but rarely go there. The stie I was referning to is MLP forums, which Ice is a part of as well which is how I met him. It's generally a good site but not so good for Roleplaying though as it's main focus is on everything MLP related and not so much RP'ing as this site is and the overall quality of the users in RP World is nothing to speak about. I tend to write rather long and descriptive posts compaired to most there so there isen't really a lot of RP's there that I would fit into.

Welcome to canterlot, hope you have fun :)

Welcome to Canterlot! :D

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here as I'm a part of hardly any communities so I thought it would be good to branch out a bit. :)

Edited by Dave247

Hey there, and welcome to Canterlot. I certainly hope you find the kind of RPing scene you're looking for here. :)

Anyway, welcome again. I hope to see you around.

Thank you! I hope I do to.

Welcome to canterlot!!

Hi, welcome to Canterlot! :)

I believe I am acquainted with Ice Storm. From whence do you hail?

Thak you both of you! I reside in Australia, Victoria more specifacally. The same place CadeyrnFireWing is surpringly.

Greetings Dave; I've had the pleasure of making Ice Storm's acquaintance too. I approve of your choice for best pony, by the way. :blush:

Hello Bellosh! Ice sure is a popular pony isen't he? :razz: And yes, Twi is best. I feel indifferant about the rest of the 5. :D

Yeah, I didn't like Bronies Australia much, too much drama and circle jerks etc... Anyways once again Welcome, and sorry I typed Dace not Dave lol, sleep typing is not a good thing :razz:

Yeah, I know excatly what you mean. I found a topic on there saying some not so nice things about our local meet up group and I haven't visite since. Also the typo is perfectly fine, I do it all the time. When I type posts though I go a lot slower and are able to pick up my mistakes most of the time but on IMC like Skype I can be really bad sometimes :razz:

Yo, dave, glad to see that you could make it over here, Look forward to lots of interesting roleplays with ya here.

As do I Ice. I've really enjoyed RP'ing with you so far and it will be nice to do that in a differant enviorment. :)

• Like 1

Most of them didn't have anything nice to say about me I bet, I went by the name firegazer there, just goes to show how spiteful and mean us Aussies can be, sad though. Especially the mod Sweetie Heart, not much of a sweetie if you ask me...

anyways, if you don't mind me asking, what part of Aus r u from?

Most of them didn't have anything nice to say about me I bet, I went by the name firegazer there, just goes to show how spiteful and mean us Aussies can be, sad though. Especially the mod Sweetie Heart, not much of a sweetie if you ask me...

anyways, if you don't mind me asking, what part of Aus r u from?

Mmm... to be honest i woulden't know as like I said I only breifly browsed their forums a few times so i diden't really get that much of a impression of the place other then from that one topic. Also, I'm from Victoria like you! How much of a conidence is that! :D

Welcome to Canterlot Dave!

1357962042924.gif

Derpy likes you already :D

Thank you very much! I have never seen this GIF before but I think is absoulty cute! But Derpy always is though :P

WELCOME TO CANTERLOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, Aussie pony fan! I hope you have fun here, and our game is what you are looking for.

Hello! Howdy! Greetings! Salutations! Good day! Bonjour! Hola! Guten tag! Ni hao! Konichiwa! Welcome! How are you?

Boop! Beware the explosions.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! I really appreacte it. :)

Welcome to Canterlot :D

Call me Cat!

I've always liked the sound of Australia, the Australian accent is cool!

Hey Cat! A lot of Americans i've talked to over Skype also seem to live the Australian accent but it's a first that i've heard someome from the UK say that. I think it's because I'm yet to talk to someone from there...

Hey hey, Dave. Welcome here. :3 So far, the RP scene does seem superior to MLP Forums. So there's at least that! Anyways, I hope you can have fun. So far, I'm having an all right time.

Hey Arylett! I've had a look around and I agree the RP scene does look a lot better. I'm glad to see that your also here and having a good time. Hopefully our paths will cross in a RP at some stage. :)

Hey Cat! A lot of Americans i've talked to over Skype also seem to live the Australian accent but it's a first that i've heard someome from the UK say that. I think it's because I'm yet to talk to someone from there...

Really?

Did you know the UK has loads of nationalities? We have Polish, some Slovakian, and theres a lot of Muslims(which seem to live mostly to the north of England, by what I've seen) etc...

Then obviously, we got the original UK people.