[Canterlot] Nighttime Tomfoolery (Bellosh101, IceStormx, & Phil the Time Wizard) [PM to Join]

Bellosh

2wmm3ux.jpg

[colour=#cc0033]~Yay yay yay yay yay YAYYYYYY!!!!!!~[/colour]

To say that Moondancer’s excitement overflowed from every fiber of her body would have been quite the understatement. Her parents had to make a trip out of town for the weekend, so they left Moondancer to look after their cozy three-story townhouse in one of Canterlot’s more scenic neighborhoods. And like any outgoing, slightly-mischievous child, being left in charge of the home meant only one thing; time to let friends over!

But this wouldn’t be an ordinary slumber party, for a very special pony close to Moondancer would be attending. This pony was no other than Ice Storm, a mare who up to now had shunned the moon-flanked unicorn’s nocturnal get-togethers. As a matter of fact, Icy and Moondancer hadn’t seen each other for a long time up until a few weeks ago; a reunion at the Happy Bean Café which happened to include Princess Luna of all ponies. Anyway that night under the starts served to rekindle Icy and Moon’s friendship, and as part of that rekindling, Moon managed to finally convince the unicorn of ice to stay the night at her place and have a little party of sorts.

Ice Storm wouldn’t be the only pony to attend however; Moondancer got one of her good friends from the university, Dazzle Dawn, to stay the night too. Since Dazzle graduated from Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, the white-coated mare hoped Icy and Dazzle would remember each other. And when then did, Moon was sure that the two would get along with each other just swell!

But now was not the time to dwell on what’ll happen; as a grandfather clock rang at 6PM, Moondancer busied herself by scrambling to do some last minute cleaning around the townhouse before it was presentable. And as always, the young mare waited until the last minute to get a start on it. Summoning a broom with her magic, the unicorn hoped she could finish sweeping before her friends arrived.....

[colour=#000000]Dazzle Dawn was in a cheerful mood. Granted, this was not an unusual thing. Day in and day out Dazzle's mood usually registered somewhere on the spectrum of cheerful delight. Still, this was a special day to her. She had been invited to a sleepover! How awesome was that? Seriously, she hadn't had a sleepover since the Celestia's School days. For some reason, it wasn't as popular an activity at the university; most of her friends were only interesting in sleeping over at stallions' houses now. Dazzle didn't really get why. What's fun is fun, and there were few things more fun than a sleepover with friends![/colour]

[colour=#000000]It wasn't just that it was friends though! Nope, this was Moondancer! Moondancer was totally, seriously awesome. She was really smart and good at magic and popular. Next to her, Dazzle could admit she didn't have very much going for herself outside her incessant cheeriness and winning smile. Dazzle didn't know envy though; nope, to her Moondancer was just an awesome, awesome friend and classmate that she was glad to have known so long as she had. That's why this was so exciting! With Dancer around, this was sure to be a fun, fun time![/colour]

[colour=#000000]To make it even better, her friend had said another pony was there too! Apparently this Ice Storm was an old friend of Moondancer who had went to Celestia's School with them for a time. The name hadn't really rung any bells for Dazzle, but it didn't really matter. Making new friends was one of her favorite things ever and she was totally looking forward to hanging out with this pony too. It was bound to be super fun! [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dazzle was so excited that she had even made a concerted effort not to be late like she invariably was to almost everything. Not this time! Nope, it was 6:00 PM sharp and there she was cantering gleefully toward Dancer's place. She arrived briskly at the door and then proceeded to knock loudly several times in rhythm, mostly because the sound amused her.[/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"I'M HEREEEEE!!!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Dazzle called out loudly, a smile on her face.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]In the back of her mind, Ice Storm had already begun wondering if this was going to be a good idea or not. Normally, Ice turned down sleepover parties because of her overnight problem. The last thing that she wanted to have happen to here was to have her friends find out the hard way about it, and she'd already had enough problems with Canterlot. She didn't like the idea of having one of her only friends in the city turning against her because of an overnight accident and accidentally ruining everything. It was the only thing that Ice could think about on the train ride, and she couldn't help but feel worried about the entire thing. Even with the window open and the winds whipping through her mane, she couldn't clear her mind. What made matters even worse for he, and more anxious was the fact that there was going to be another pony there. One that Ice couldn't remember if she was familiar with or not. Moondancer had said that she was from the Academy with them, but she couldn't put a hoof on it.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]The usual couple of hours passed and the length of the train ride did nothing to help her wondering mind, and even less to calm her worry. In fact it had made everything worse to the point she was almost scared to get off the train. Finally though she swallowed her stomach back where it belonged and proceeded off. Perhaps she'll get lucky and have one of those rare, few and far in-between that are accident free. She wasn't holder her breath on that though. Her body always found a way to make her as humiliated as possible and she knew that it would probably do so again.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]She opened the note that she had gotten from Moondancer on the directions to her house from the train station. It took her a bit longer than she had hoped, because some of the writing had gotten smudged from the ride and she couldn't quite make out some of the street names. She eventually came upon her destination. It was a decent cottage located amidst several others along one of the main streets of Canterlot. She let out a very audible gulp and hoped that at the very least the fun times of the party outweighed the inevitable bad. She knew that she would have to try to have fun though and not worry about things. Nothing would make Moondancer more upset than her spending the entire night worrying about the overnight. She started to go up the stairs and noticed that there was another mare standing in the doorway. It must have been the other mare that Moondancer had talked about. Her coat was a bright blue, and her mane and tale were lime green. Unfortunately, her appearance still hadn't rung any bells. The voice sounded familiar but she still couldn't put it to memory. She announced that she was here and Ice decided to chime in as well, [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"And I'm right behind her Moon!!"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said with a smile trying to push her worry aside. For now at least, she wanted to have fun. She'll worry about everything else later. [/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

Moondancer lost her magic focus and let her broom fall to the ground when she heard both Dazzle and Ice at the front door. It looked like her friends would have to put up with a somewhat untidy floor for the night. It shouldn’t cause too much of a problem though, since no matter what, this would be an awesome night anyway.

At any rate, the moon-flanked unicorn scrambled to get the door; slowly opening it so as to not accidently hit one of her pals, at first her face appeared stoic as if Dazzle and Ice weren’t expected there at all. Moondancer was always a teaser however, as she waited a few seconds until getting up on her hind legs and shouting; [colour=#cc0033]“Dazzy! Icy! You both made it!!!”[/colour]

Giving each pony a welcoming hug, Moondancer got between the others, wrapped a foreleg around each of them, and proceeded with her ice breaking routine; [colour=#cc0033]“I hope you remember Dazzle Dawn, Ice Storm. You know how they say opposites attract? Well, Ms. Dawn is like my complete polar opposite! I have a moon cutie mark, she’s got the sun for her’s, and uhhhhh..... that’s where the opposites end, actually.”[/colour]

Childishly sticking out her tongue at Icy and Dazzle, a giggling Moondancer let got of her friends and walked back into the cramped entry hall. [colour=#cc0033]“Follow me inside everypony,”[/colour] the white mare beckoned;[colour=#cc0033] “Just take care not to squish yourselves in the foyer now; if you make it through, you'll find our family activity room off to the side.”[/colour] Containing both a ping-pong and a foosball table, an arts-and-crafts station off to the side, and stairs to the other floors, the activity room contained fun for the entire well-to-do family... or in this case, a company of three.....

[colour=#0000FF]"And I'm right behind her Moon!!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dazzle turned around immediately at the sound of a voice from behind her. She found a mare standing there, who was a pale blue in colour with a deep blue and white mane. She didn't really look super familiar or anything, but Dazzle didn't really care. Even if they didn't know each other before, meeting new friends was always fun![/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"Oh, hello,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said cheerily.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"I'm Dazzle Dawn! You must be Ice Storm, huh?"[/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"I mean, Dancer says we went to Celestia's School together, but to tell the truth, I've never had the best memory,"[/colour][colour=#000000] Dazzle said, smiling vacantly and nodding, a slight blush on her face.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"But you know, I don't think that kinda thing really matters too much when you get down to it. Whether it's 'long time no see' or 'nice to meet you', I think there's magic in having a friendly face to meet you."[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“Dazzy! Icy! You both made it!!! I hope you remember Dazzle Dawn, Ice Storm. You know how they say opposites attract? Well, Ms. Dawn is like my complete polar opposite! I have a moon cutie mark, she’s got the sun for her’s, and uhhhhh..... that’s where the opposites end, actually. [/colour][colour=#CC0033]Follow me inside everypony, j[/colour][colour=#CC0033]ust take care not to squish yourselves in the foyer now; if you make it through, you'll find our family activity room off to the side.”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]It was then that Moondancer came to the door to greet them and invited them in. Dazzle turned back around immediately and cantered toward her, following her into the house.[/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"Dancer!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she called cheerfully before rather suddenly and aggressively embracing the other unicorn as she walked.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"Y'know, that's not quite right! My mark is a sunrise, and during the sunrise you can still see the moon! Hehe... maybe that's why we get along so well?" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]The cheerful mare backed off then and gave a few excited nods as she looked around.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"Wow, your place sure is nice! I think we're gonna have lots of fun tonight,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said with a full grin.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]When the other mare turned around to greet Ice, she smiled at her. She nodded when she introduced herself as Dazzle Dawn and presumed that she must be Ice. Again she hadn't recognized the mare, but as Dazzle Dawn had put it, it didn't really matter if they had known each other since the beginning of time or if they were meeting for the first time. All that mattered was being friendly and having a good time. Ice liked this mare already. She had a similar attitude that she did.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "I couldn't agree more. Too many ponies anymore judge based on where you're from before they've even met your or known you. One of the reasons that I got along so well with Moondancer at the school. She was one of the few that didn't shun or degrade me because I wasn't born here," [/colour][colour=#000080]she told the light blue mare as Moondancer opened up the door.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]the amount of energy that the mare had was certainly the amount that she had remembered her having in school. With a shift of her saddlebag to make sure she had everything that she needed for the night, including the supplies needed for the overnight, she made her way inside. Moon showed them into the foyer and directed them to the activity room and several sets of stairs. She heard Dazzle Dawn state that this was going to be a fun night and Ice took off her saddle back and placed it on the stairs not realizing it was partly open. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"So, what are we going to do first girls?"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked ready to get this night started with a bang. [/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

[colour=#cc0033]“If the moon can appear during sunrise,”[/colour] Moondancer jokingly asked; [colour=#cc0033]“Then why doesn’t it appear on your cutie mark?”[/colour] A rather pointless question to be sure, but what was the point of life if one couldn’t ask ridiculous inquiries from time to time? A few moments passed by before Dancer brushed the line of silliness off; [colour=#cc0033]“Soooo anyway... glad you like the place Dazzle. You definitely got that fuuuuuun part right!”[/colour]

But before the fun really begun, it probably was a good idea to check if anypony was hungry; [colour=#cc0033]“First things first Icy; it’s just about dinnertime now so I just wanted to see if the two of you need something to eat first.”[/colour] Walking towards the steps, the white mare continued speaking;[colour=#cc0033] “The kitchen’s over on the next floor up, so I can just-”[/colour] Not paying attention to Icy’s bag nestled on the stairs, Moondancer got tripped up by it and yelled in surprise as she fell onto the steps. Since the saddlebag in question was partially open, much of its contents flew out too.

Rubbing her forehead, Moondancer nervously remarked;[colour=#cc0033] “Uhhhhhh........... or maybe we can just unpack first.....”[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“If the moon can appear during sunrise. [/colour][colour=#CC0033]Then why doesn’t it appear on your cutie mark? [/colour][colour=#CC0033]Soooo anyway... glad you like the place Dazzle. You definitely got that fuuuuuun part right!”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dazzle considered the question poised hard. An answer didn't occur to her at first. It was a toughie, to be sure. Before she could figure out what to say, Dancer moved on to other things. She smiled brightly, even as she continued to think about it. She gave a nod as Ice Storm then asked what they should do first.[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“First things first Icy; it’s just about dinnertime now so I just wanted to see if the two of you need something to eat first. [/colour][colour=#CC0033]The kitchen’s over on the next floor up, so I can just- [/colour][colour=#CC0033]Uhhhhhh........... or maybe we can just unpack first.....”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dancer's reply and subsequent tumble came soon after. Dazzle rushed to her. [/colour][colour=#33cc33]"Are you okay, Dancer? That looked like it hurt!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said as she helped the other unicorn back up. [/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"I packed really light myself,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said, nodding. [/colour][colour=#33cc33]"Just a few essentials. I figured you'd have most things for us already and I don't need lots of things to be comfortable anyway."[/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"Ooh! But as for food,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Dazzle gave a nod as she went back to the earlier topic.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"Do you have any sweets? Oh! And coffee? I'd really love a cup if you do."[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Moondancer answered her question by stating that they should start off with dinner, and that there would be plenty of time for all other activities afterwards. That being said, Ice hadn't realized that she had left her bag strap laying out and when she saw Moondancer trip over her bag on the way to the kitchen, she was instantly worried about her friend. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Oh my sweet Celestia! Are you okay Moondancer?"[/colour][colour=#000080] She asked echoing Dazzle Dawn in her question. Moondancer then suggested unpacking prior to doing anything and Dazzle Dawn replied that she had just packed essentials for the evening as she was sure that Moon had everything that they needed.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Oh, I only did as well. Coming from Ponyville though, I needed to make sure I had enough supplies to make it through the night. After all, it's not like I could just run home real quick if I ran out of anything,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said smiling to the other mares.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]It was then that Ice noticed that her saddle back had been completely emptied, and a couple of the diapers that she had packed for the over-night that she had planned on trying to hide until the very last possible moment landed in front of mares plain as day. Ice used her telekinesis, and quickly picked them back up and placed them back into her saddle bag. Not that it would matter at this point, they'd already been there in the open for several minutes, and if anypony hadn't noticed them she'd be surprised. She instantly closed and latched the saddlebag and the blush on her face was dark enough to change the tint of her cheek to a deep purple, and tears were already beginning to form in her eyes from the embarrassment. Sure she knew that she'd probably have to alert them about the issue before they went to bed for the night anyway, but she didn't want it to be like this. She felt ashamed and hurt, and was already expecting Moondancer to kick her out of the party now. After all, she had such a nice home... she didn't need anypony like her running the risk of messing anything up that couldn't be replaced... [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I'm sorry..."[/colour][colour=#000080] she spoke faintly, her voice obviously emotionally distorted. [/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

[colour=#cc0033]“I’m alright, Dazzle,”[/colour] Moondancer grumbled as her friend helped her up; [colour=#cc0033]“Seriously, I’ve tripped on my own mess far too many times than I can count.”[/colour] Dancer wasn’t kidding; her roommates back at the dorms always complained about she kept turning her residence into a pigsty. Naturally enough, it had been the moon-flanked mare that got tripped up the most on her own mess. For now though, she needed to play the part of the host; [colour=#cc0033]“I’ll get your coffee and sweets in a sec. But first, lemme’ help Icy get her stuff back-”[/colour]

Moondancer cut herself off at the sight of Ice Storm hurriedly packing a diaper-like object into her saddlebag; it looked like a diaper, but she didn't get too good of a look at it. The white unicorn normally would have jokingly asked if she was foalsitting behind their backs, but Icy looked really upset at this particular moment. Maybe... maybe she felt bad about accidently causing Moondancer to trip and fall? Well... it was as good of a guess as any.[colour=#cc0033] “Awww... Icy; I fall down on my own stuff all the time,”[/colour] a smiling Dancer comforted her blue-coated friend, patting a hoof on Icy’s shoulder; [colour=#cc0033]“There’s nothing to apologize for; okay now?” [/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“I’ll get your coffee and sweets in a sec. But first, lemme’ help Icy get her stuff back-”[/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"Okay!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Dazzle said with a smile as she stood and stared ahead. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]She was excited. That Dancer was gonna get them meant there was coffee and sweets. This was awesome news. She wondered what kind of sweets Dancer had available? Candies... cookies... ooh, or maybe there was a whole cake or pie! She hoped it was something good; she felt hungrier then than she had before the iron Pony cupcake eating contest! She also had to wonder what sort of coffee Dancer liked. A local blend? Some fancy designer stuff? Ooh, or maybe something imported from somewhere exotic like Unyasi or Saddle Arabia! Hay, even the cheap stuff was fine by Dazzle when treated right. She was sure it would be great regardless.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She glanced down, wanting to get things moving. Ice Storm seemed kinda frazzled. She apologized as she quickly stowed some diapers back into her bag. Huh? That was kinda an odd thing for an adult pony to have. All ponies were different though, so it's not like it was something that mattered. As all the scattered belongings were collected again, Dazzle gave a nod and smiled at the other two mares.[/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"Ooh, so are we ready now?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she asked excitedly when it looked like a good time to speak.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"I'm so hungry I think I could eat like thirty cupcakes."[/colour]

[colour=#000080]The fact that neither of the other mares had commented on the diapers that had fallen out of her bag when Moondancer tripped over it at least gave Ice a bit of confidence back. After all, she knew they had to have seen them. They'd been sitting in the open for a couple minutes before she'd realized that they had spilled, and at this point there really wasn't any need to hide them anymore anyway. She felt Moondancer lay a hoof on her shoulder telling her that she didn't need to apologize to her. That she tripped over things all the time. Ice smiled. Moondancer always was a soft-hearted Mare, and she felt that she could trust her about her condition. She didn't really know much about Dazzle Dawn, but considering that she's friends with Moondancer, and that she helped her pick everything up, she'd have to be at least some-what similar to her. Ice sighed. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Well, I am sorry that I had caused you to trip and fall, but that wasn't the main reason I was apologizing for,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told her. It took every bit of courage that she had to unbuckle the latch on her bag and pull out the diapers that she had just placed back in there. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I was apologizing for these..."[/colour][colour=#000080] she explained levitating the garments up. [/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"I know I should have told you this a long time ago instead of always coming up with a new excuse as to why I couldn't make your monthly slumber parties. The truth is, that I was never actually too busy, or never had made other arrangements that just happened to be on those days... The entire reason I declined them was because I did, and unfortunately still do, wet the bed,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said with her face as red as a cherry. She continued though.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "I've never been about to figure out why either, I've been to many specialists, and many doctors, and not a single one of them has been able to fine anything wrong, so I've had to resort to wearing these at night until I can finally find out what's wrong and get it fixed. I... had planned on letting everypony know a bit later in the night once we've had time ti mingle and e[/colour][colour=#0000ff]verything but... Now was as good a time as any given my own carelessness. That being said though I shouldn't have lied about it in the past lied about it in the past... I was just scared..."[/colour][colour=#000080] she finished as she heard Dazzle asking about the dinner. [/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"I'm a good bit hungry myself as well, and thank you for helping me [/colour][colour=#0000ff]pick everything up that had scattered. Hopefully that was the one fluke of the night. After all, from what I've heard anyways, Slumber parties always have that one thing that goes wrong for the night. Hopefully this was it and if this was, then we're golden,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said smiling. For some reason if felt good to get that off of her chest. She only hoped that Moondancer and Dazzle Dawn would be understanding of her issue and not poke fun at her for it. Not that she thought that Moon would, which was why she finally accepted her invitation, but again she still didn't know Dazzle Dawn at all. Hopefully that would change though after tonight. She put the small stack of diapers back in her bag before turning to Moondancer. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Where is the washroom? I'll go ahead and put this in there since I won't be needing them for a while anyways," [/colour][colour=#000080]she asked scanning the area.[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

Moondancer had almost entirely forgotten about Dazzle Dawn’s hunger as Ice Storm showed them what was in her bag. So... those were diapers after all, but they were for Icy! Dancer’s eyes widened in surprise, but she kept her mouth shut as her friend continued her confession. The moon-flanked mare was rather hurt by this revelation; not because her good friend couldn’t control her bladder at night, but because she never confided in her up until now. Moondancer always divulged her feelings and issues to her closest friends, and she didn’t expect them to do any less too. And to think that because of Icy’s excuses for all these years, they missed out on lots of potentially fun times as a result.

Well, Moondancer wasn’t going to let this slumber party be derailed so soon! Now that Icy finally told them about her “night issues”, it was up to the white mare to provide her friend a night she’ll never forget. Bringing a forehoof to the blue unicorn’s chin, Moondancer tearfully responded; [colour=#cc0033]“Awww..... you should have told me about this long ago, Icy. I would’ve done anything in the world to make you feel more at home. I hope the doctors find a way to fix you up one day.”[/colour]

[colour=#cc0033]~Still though; at least you don’t have an out-of-control horn like that one horror story Counselor Immie keeps talking about lately~[/colour]

Now then, it was time to get onto tonight’s business; HAVING FUN! Ruffling Ice Storm’s mane, Moondancer backed away and happily told her friend; [colour=#cc0033]“Alrighty, out guest washroom is on the third floor Icy. You just go up the stairs until the top and go left; it’ll be the door at the end of the hallway.”[/colour] Turning towards Dazzle Dawn, Moondancer next addressed her meal concerns. [colour=#cc0033]“If you’ll follow me,”[/colour] the young mare instructed, gesturing that Miss Dawn follow her as she trotted up the stairs to the second level; [colour=#cc0033]“Let’s see what we’ve got in the kitchen.....”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dazzle tilted her head and listened as Ice Storm explained her problem. Well, adult bed wetting wasn't exactly normal, but Dazzle didn't really see the big deal with it so much. It's not like it was something she could control and either way Dazzle had had friends confess to her much worse things about themselves than that. Really you'd be hard pressed to find a less judging, more forgiving mare than her. This pony seemed deeply ashamed though, so Dazzle figured it was best to join Dancer in offering some encouraging words.[/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"Aww, there's no need to be scared or feel shame or anything, Stormy,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Dazzle said grinning a wide grin.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"Everypony everywhere has things that make them different from the rest. Maybe some of them don't seem like good things or even seem like obstacles, but all of it is a part of you. I'm kinda clumsy and I don't get very good grades and I'm not the best at remembering things and I'm not very smart and I have problems focusing and I daydream too much and I sleep in and miss class a lot and some ponies seem to think I'm annoying and I don't have a very balanced diet and I still haven't been able to keep a very important promise to my best friend ever and I sleep too much and I'm not very good with magic and I'm kinda clumsy and I... kinda forgot where I was going with this..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The mare giggled vacantly then paused for a number of seconds.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"Ah yeah!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she started.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"But I don't think any of that matters! I'm me, and so long as I try my very hardest to keep everypony I can smiling, I'm nothing but happy with the pony that I am!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]She nodded several times, satisfied with her rambling speech, not sure if the others were listening as Ice Storm was pointed toward the washroom.[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“If you’ll follow me, [/colour][colour=#CC0033]Let’s see what we’ve got in the kitchen.....”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dazzle's eyes lit up as she was suddenly reminded of how hungry she was.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"Ooh, yes! I can't wait to see what you have, Dancer!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said cheerfully, following after the other mare.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]When Ice felt the hoof under her chin and looked into Moondancer's eyes, all of her worry about the entire situation melted away. Her words were so comforting that for a brief moment, she actually thought that she was dreaming and that any moment she would wake up in her own house like normal in a saturated bed. She didn't though and when she heard Dazzle Dawn's reaction, whom was the unknown here. She felt even more at ease. Dazzle told her that this was actually the least of issues that some of her friends have told her about, and that everypony had something that made them unique or different to others. Granted not always was a good thing, such as this case, but that no matter what as long as she tried to keep everypony smiling, she was happy just being who she was. Ice nodded and turned back to Moondancer. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I know it was wrong of me to make up the excuses and lie to you Moondancer... It's just... Like I said... I was scared... You were one of the most popular girls in magic school and I was well... me.. and I made all those things up because I didn't want to lose the one friend that I had,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told her pulling Moon into a very tight hug. Within her other hoof extended she reached over and pulled Dazzle in as well. Her kind words made her instant friends with Ice in her book and she would do everything to return the favour to her.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Moondancer then told her how to get to the guest washroom so that she could leave her diaper-pack in there. Like she had told them. It wasn't like she was going to need them for a while anyways. She hoped it would be a while before bed time. She had so much she wanted to do! Quickly she bolted up the stairs and into the washroom. It was clean as a whistle, and there was a nice little shelf in there. Ice though it a perfect spot and took the five overnight garments and laid them neatly on the shelving. She figured it would be better like that she she didn't have to try to fiddle with the saddlebag while she was half asleep trying to change later. Once she had them neatly stacked she put the powder next to them and then bolted back down the stairs just as Moondancer and Dazzle where heading into the kitchen. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I'm back, did I miss anything exciting?"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked, her mood completely different from what it was not even five minutes ago. [/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

[colour=#cc0033]~Ah geez, Dazzle’s at it again~[/colour]

Only Dazzle Dawn could conjure up an impeccable list of all her flaws while maintaining a bright smile on her face. But then again, Moondancer always liked how nothing ever seemed to get her counterpart down. Dazzle likewise always did everything in her power to make others cheerful as well, and it looked like her magic was working on Ice Storm. Ensnared in a three-way hug by Icy, Moondancer cheerily declared;[colour=#cc0033] “It’s gonna’ take everything you got to get rid of me, Icy! All three of us will be PFFs forever... wait a sec, does that make us PFFFs instead?”[/colour] Leave it to Miss Dancer to say something ridiculously silly for the heck of it...

Shortly after Icy headed up the stairs, Moondancer headed on up into the kitchen up on the second floor. With the floor and furnishings made out of wood, the kitchen was quite typical for Canterlot townhouses. Without any delay, Moondancer raided the cabinets in search of ingredients for coffee and sweets. After a couple minutes of making a mess of everything by emptying entire cupboards using levitation, it turned out she did have the materials needed to make cupcakes along with some coffee for Dazzle Dawn. Now all was left to do was make the cupcakes and-

[colour=#cc0033]~Oh shoot........ I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO MAKE ANYTHING!~[/colour]

Having survived mostly on cups of quick-cooking noodles and coffee shops back at the university, Moondancer had no clue on how exactly to even make the stuff for her friend. As she heard Ice Storm trot back down the stairs, the moon-flanked unicorn gave a gigantic fake smile in Dawn’s direction and nervously asked; [colour=#cc0033]“Uhhhh, you know anything about cooking and brewing Dazzle? ..........Because I don’t.”[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“It’s gonna’ take everything you got to get rid of me, Icy! All three of us will be PFFs forever... wait a sec, does that make us PFFFs instead?”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dazzle smiled as they were all pulled into a group hug. Dancer could be so cheerful; she was really a pony after her own heart. She was a good friend! [/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"That's right! Friends!!!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Dazzle said brightly with a repeated nod.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"There's nothing better than that."[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“Uhhhh, you know anything about cooking and brewing Dazzle? ..........Because I don’t.”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dazzle was taken aback somewhat. Huh? Well... that wasn't good. She gave an awkward laugh and thought back to her just uttered list of flaws.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"Ehehe.... Well... I guess that's one I forgot! I don't know how to cook either!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She shot a glance aside and then one over at Ice Storm, before looking back at Dancer.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"But I do know how to make coffee...! And I'm pretty sure that if we all work together and try our best we can do anything!" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]She gave another awkward laugh and looked downward. [/colour][colour=#33cc33]"At least... I hope..."[/colour][colour=#000000] she said, her confidence sapped.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice listened as the other two mares in front of her revealed that neither of them knew how to cook at all. Dazzle Replied that the only thing that she roughly knew how to make was a pot of coffee. Ice giggled slightly as she entered the kitchen. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Actually some coffee sounds good right about now! After all, it's not like we aren't going to need it for the night that Moony has lined up for use,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told her comedicly sticking her tongue out at Moondancer. She gave everypony a quick smile before turning back to both of them as an idea came to her head. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Besides, I've been living on my own for.... well ever basically so I've had to learn how to prepare things. Moon, do you have any lettuce, tomato, spinach, carrots, cheddar, eggs, celery, daisies, grapes, raspberries, and strawberries? I can make us an amazing salad. Of course it doesn't have to have everything to be amazing. Just makes it a bit better,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told the others with a giggle.[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

Things weren’t looking too good for Moondancer and Dazzle Dawn. Back in the old days, Dancer’s mother had been the one to make all the tasty snacks and such for her sleepovers and other events. This would be the first time ever that the moon-flanked mare attempted to make food for her own slumber party; so far, she wished she hadn’t procrastinated for so long before trying to get everything set up.

To everypony’s good fortune though, Ice Storm had a grasp on preparing food, and Dazzle Dawn claimed to know how to brew up some coffee. [colour=#cc0033]“That’s the spirit, Dazzle!”[/colour] Moondancer cheered to keep the enthusiasm going; [colour=#cc0033]“Good luck with the coffee. Oh Icy, we keep our fruits and veggies over at that ice box there.”[/colour] Dancer pointed to a nearby icebox made out of wood, which had to be stocked with ice everyday; [colour=#cc0033]“Lemme’ know if you girls need anything else, okay?” [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dazzle smiled at the response her words got. Some ponies really seemed to think she was too cheerful and overly optimistic, but these two seemed to really click with her good spirits. it was good, and for them she was determined to make the best coffee she could. She gave an enthusiastic nod to the other two and moved over to Dancer's cabinets to see what she had to work with. She found a stovetop coffee pot, a mechanical grinder and a bag of coffee beans. They were a local designer blend, one that Dazzle had tried before and thought was pretty good.[/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"Nice. You got some good stuff here, Dancer!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said with an enthusiastic nod back to the others as she got the water for the coffee going. Ice Storm was fixing to make a salad it seemed.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"A salad sounds great, Stormy! Good luck!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She tilted her head and looked downward.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"Hmm, but I still kinda would like something nice and sweet to munch on later..."[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said as she poured some coffee beans out to grind.[/colour] [colour=#33cc33]"Why don't you try and bake something for us, Dancer? I'm sure it can't be that hard to do!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she cheerfully suggested.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice nodded when Moondancer pointed her in the direction of where they kept their fruits and veggies at. She opened up the ice box and pulled out the previously mentioned fruits and laid them out along the counter top. With a small bit of ice on the counter to prevent scratches, Ice Storm created two, very sharp, blades of ice that she started using to cut the lettuce into sizable, yet manageable leaves, and did the same for the cucumbers. She sliced them as thin as she could because the thin texture always added a nice crispness to their refreshing taste. She repeated this procedure on the apples, and the tomatoes, while leaving the spinach leaves in tact. She did the same with most of the berries as well. though she had to cut the strawberries as they were quite large and would have been a bit difficult to mix with a salad otherwise. She heard Dazzle ask moon about the possibility of baking something for them to eat later that was nice and sweet. Ice Smiled. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"That sounds like a wonderful idea, and even if that doesn't end up working out. I do have a bottle of flavouring syrup with me... that I just realized I left upstairs as well and that the only flavour I have is raspberry, but we have plenty of water that I can make a near endless supply of snow-cones. A good brownie does sound yummy right now though,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she responded through a laugh.

She finished slicing all the veggies and created a large, hollow sphere of Ice around them and shook everything inside of it to mix everything up. She then reformed the large sphere into three decently sized bowls and sprinkled cheese, and then decorated the salad with the strawberries before walking over with the bowls. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Here we go. Didn't take that long at all. Plus I left them in an ice bowl that we can just leave in the sink once we're done. That way we don't have to waste time later doing dishes when we could be doing other fun things,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she smiled.[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

Moondancer nervously gulped at Dazzle Dawn’s suggestion; [colour=#cc0033]“Uhhh, bake something? I could errrr... try, but don’t blame me if everything gets burnt and stuff. If you can though, try to acquire a taste of burnt food before I finish baking up something, please Dazzle?”[/colour] Having delivered her tongue-in-cheek plea, the moon-flanked unicorn proceeded to scour the pantries looking for materials to make something. And by scouring, it actually entailed levitating everything outside looking intensely at all the supplies available.

Judging by what she had on hoof, Moondancer could make cookies out of oatmeal flour and raisins. Letting all the other levitating objects drop to the floor and create a gigantic mess in the process, the unicorn winged it by using her telekinesis to mash the flour and raisins into twenty vaguely-circular shapes. Sure, her attempts at assembling cookie ingredients together lacked any sort of rhyme or grace, but nothing would stop the mare in her mission to help out her friends. Nothing!

When she was ready, Moondancer put her poor excuses of cookies onto a cookie sheet and placed it in the gas-fueled oven. Knowing just enough to set the oven temperature to 350, the young mare closed the oven and took a moment to wipe sweat and flour off her brow. By now, Ice Storm had finished making her tasty-looking salad which Dancer wanted to munch on so badly. [colour=#cc0033]“Well girls,”[/colour] the white unicorn panted, even while wearing an upside-down frown; [colour=#cc0033]“Prepare to be... the first ponies ever... to try my HOMEMADE COOKIES!”[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"That sounds like a wonderful idea, and even if that doesn't end up working out. I do have a bottle of flavouring syrup with me... that I just realized I left upstairs as well and that the only flavour I have is raspberry, but we have plenty of water that I can make a near endless supply of snow-cones. A good brownie does sound yummy right now though,"[/colour][colour=#000080] [/colour]

Dazzle nodded and gave a soft laugh. [colour=#33cc33]"That's right! You make snowcones for your job, right?"[/colour] she said. She could recall Dancer saying something about it. [colour=#33cc33]"Ooh, maybe we can have both! I'd love a chance to try your snowcones and as far as I'm concerned you can't have too many sweets!"[/colour] she added with a cheerful giggle, as she happily continued to prepare the coffee.

[colour=#CC0033]“Uhhh, bake something? I could errrr... try, but don’t blame me if everything gets burnt and stuff. If you can though, try to acquire a taste of burnt food before I finish baking up something, please Dazzle?”[/colour]

[colour=#33cc33]"Ah, I wouldn't worry about it too much, Dancer! I'm sure they'll be super tasty! And if not, you'll have tried at least, right?" [/colour]Dazzle said, ever cheerful.

[colour=#33cc33]"Everypony has to start from somewhere! Even if your first batch isn't any good, with enough effort I'm sure you could be a first class baker!"[/colour] the unicorn continued to offer up the most encouraging words she had. [colour=#33cc33]"I mean, look at me. I try harder than anypony, and even though I continue to fail at most of it, I don't give up! And I'm sure one day all of that effort will pay off too! I mean... at least I hope..."[/colour]

Dazzle gave an awkward laugh and looked back toward the coffee, no longer sure what she was trying to say. She kinda stared blankly ahead for a moment, not really sure what she was doing then she gasped a little. [colour=#33cc33]"Ooh! The coffee's done!"[/colour] she said excitedly.

[colour=#0000FF]"Here we go. Didn't take that long at all. Plus I left them in an ice bowl that we can just leave in the sink once we're done. That way we don't have to waste time later doing dishes when we could be doing other fun things,"[/colour]

[colour=#000080] [/colour][colour=#CC0033]“Well girls, [/colour][colour=#CC0033]Prepare to be... the first ponies ever... to try my HOMEMADE COOKIES!”[/colour]

The other mares were soon done preparing their own things as well. Dazzle was glad. This was going to be so good, she could just tell. Storm's salad looked really good... for a salad... and Dancer's cookies... well... they looked interesting she supposed. She was sure her coffee was good at least, and she was sure to get the cream and sugar out so they could fix it to their taste.

[colour=#33cc33]"Hmm, I think I'll try one!"[/colour] she said, going for one of Dancer's cookies, curious. Sure, maybe it wasn't normal to go for the desert first, but her sweet tooth was insatiable... and besides, fresh baked cookies were hard to beat.

Excitedly, she took a bite of the somewhat misshapen, dark round of baked dough and considered the taste. The flavour could best be described as... interesting. They were a bit overdone, and the flavour was kind of off. They weren't really sweet enough and the texture was all over the place. It was hard to call them very good, though for Dazzle at least they were edible. She finished hers and nodded.

[colour=#33cc33]"Not... terrible... for a first effort at least..."[/colour] she said, smiling a little excessively. [colour=#33cc33]"You'll get better, I'm sure, I mean..." [/colour]

She gave an awkward laugh and then turned to her salad. [colour=#33cc33]"I think I'll try this now,"[/colour] she said. She had never been a pony with much use for salads. She kinda lived on fruit and baked foods while only ever having so many greens. As such, she quickly engulfed the berries and apples in the salad and then mostly just picked at the rest as she casually sipped her coffee which she had loaded with cream and sugar.

[colour=#33cc33]"Not bad at all, Storm!"[/colour] she said as she continued to meagerly pick at her salad. [colour=#33cc33]"Ooh, and these bowls are really nice! It's really cool what you can do with your magic!"[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"Thanks Dazzle. This type of magic does have it's perks. Unfortunately for the most part it was the only real form of magic that I could grasp with any ease. I still have trouble with even basic location spells, and if I try to teleport more than twice a day, I might accidentally teleport myself into a wall. I'm thankful that I at least understood telekinesis enough to use it frequently. I should probably seek some help for the other spells, but honestly. I don't really use them enough for them to be of any use. Though learning how to teleport without making myself sick would be nice. be a quick way to get a new bottle of flavouring syrup if I ran out on a busy day,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she commented to Dazzle Dawn as Moondancer finished making her cookies. They looked a bit burned, but that was normal for cookies. She levitated one of the cookies over and bit into it. The outside of it was burned a bit, and the inside didn't seem to be quite done so the texture was a bit off. Seemed like the oven was set a bit too high, an easy mistake, but it didn't hurt them that much. After all, she liked raw cookie dough so this was perfectly fine for her. [/colour][colour=#008080]"Actually, the cookies are pretty good, though for the next batch, might want to try to lower the oven temperature just a smidgen. Seems like the outside got done just a bit too fast. Other than that these are pretty good, and I honestly like the warm gooey center. it lets everything melt together well and get all the flavours. The best way to eat a cookie I say,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told her.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"And I'm glad that you like the salad Dazzle. I know that it's not anything fancy, but it's really the only thing that I can actually do. Other than pastas, but that would make a larger mess that would cut into our amazing fun times. Time that could be spent schooling some fillies in the art of foosball. As in I'll need to be schooled in the art of foosball because I've never played before... Kind of goes along with the whole, not having friends.... thing..."[/colour][colour=#000080] she stated, her smile fading a bit.[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

Moondancer knew her cooking was bad, but she still felt down upon hearing her friends’ verdicts. It was plainly obvious that Dazzle Dawn was mincing words to obscure her true opinion, and while Ice Storm seemed to like the cookies better, she was also honest enough to point out that the outside got burnt a little. For her part, Dancer didn’t like burnt food at all. [colour=#cc0033]“Well girls,”[/colour] the white unicorn tried to joke while scratching the back of her neck; [colour=#cc0033]“I think I’m just going to buy premade cookies from now on anyway, and not worry about the baking, eh heh heh.”[/colour]

Briefly wrapping a foreleg around Dazzle, Dancer referenced the encouragement her friend provided her a few moments ago; [colour=#cc0033]“But the important thing is that I tried, and that I went down in a gigantic blaze of glory! Certainly much more honorable than never trying at all, I think...”[/colour]

Needing a way to forget about her less-than-stellar work, Moondancer begin levitating bits and pieces of Icy’s salad into her mouth. As expected, the salad the moon-flanked mare munched on was clearly the work of a more talented chef; [colour=#cc0033]“This salad though is really good Icy. Maybe one day, I can make you my personal salad chef. Wouldn’t that just be swell?"[/colour]

By the sounds of things, Icy wanted a chance to try some foosball for the first still. Even though she was still busy with the salad, Moondancer was more than happy to start heading back down to the first floor. [colour=#cc0033]“I’d be more than happy to teach you, Icy!”[/colour] the white mare proclaimed as she began to make her way downstairs again, the half-finished salad bowl still in her telekinetic grasp;[colour=#cc0033] “Just follow me when you’re ready!”[/colour]