Strange things you notice

I loved the "The Great Escape" tribute in Read it and Weep. For those of you who haven't seen this wonderful movie, it mirrors the scene where Steve McQueen's character is throwing a baseball against a wall to pass the time in solitary confinement.

okay, this has been bugging me ever since I became a brony in March, and I've never seen anyone bring it up. maybe it's really old news and I missed the conversation about it ._.

Screenshot2012-03-03at120915AM.png?t=1330755079

Screenshot2012-03-03at120955AM.png?t=1330755079Screenshot2012-03-03at121030AM.png?t=1330755079

aren't only unicorns supposed to be able to use this kind of magic? D: from the ticket master, if you couldn't tell l:

okay, this has been bugging me ever since I became a brony in March, and I've never seen anyone bring it up. maybe it's really old news and I missed the conversation about it ._.

Screenshot2012-03-03at120955AM.png?t=1330755079Screenshot2012-03-03at121030AM.png?t=1330755079

aren't only unicorns supposed to be able to use this kind of magic? D: from the ticket master, if you couldn't tell l:

I saw that somewhere before but I have no idea where I'm serious I think that the princess just enchanted them to make it easier for her little ponies.Your welcome

A) Maybe they're magic tickets. They came from Celestia after all.

B) Maybe Twilight enchanted them.

C) "A wizard did it"

I'd assumed that Twilight was using her magic to hold them for her friends.

How the Mare 6 are never recognized as national heroes outside the first 2 episodes of each season.

It kinda makes sense in Ponyville, since hero worship is decreased by actually knowing the individual. But when they are in Appleloosa or Canterlot, it is surprising.

Not sure if anyone else noticed this...

but this was in "The Last Roundup" right after AppleJack and the cart ponies pass the train tracks

sittingdown.jpg

Why is that back pony not connected to the cart :scream:

Don't forget about:

I'm really slow... Princess Celestia's pet is just as much a troll as she is... (0:25)

Why is that back pony not connected to the cart :scream:

I dunno. :P Maybe he was able to unlatch himself from the cart so he could sit down for a moment and then just hook himself back up before leaving. Ha! They forgot to collect their money!

I dunno. :P Maybe he was able to unlatch himself from the cart so he could sit down for a moment and then just hook himself back up before leaving. Ha! They forgot to collect their money!

They got paid. AJ had put the ride on her Pony Express card, don't leave Equestria without it.

• Like 2

The instrumental of the Cutie Marks Crusader theme is almost the same as Cutting Crew's "I just died in your arms tonight." You've just gotta change the pitch and tempo and it's dead on.

Apparently people figured it out before me, but I still did it on my own, lol.

We got the really cool "Duck Season/Rabbit Season" tribute in the latest episode of MLP, I have a feeling "Baby Cakes" was inspired by Chuck Jones' "Rocket Bye Baby". Even the Cake kids look like Chuck Jones babies..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzKm6jlR9Gw

• Like 1

It kinda makes sense in Ponyville, since hero worship is decreased by actually knowing the individual. But when they are in Appleloosa or Canterlot, it is surprising.

Especially during the Canterlot parties - it's like they're noponies from small town Equestria, rather than ponies who saved Equestria (twice). And how nothing is even mentioned in passing about their exploits.

Especially during the Canterlot parties - it's like they're noponies from small town Equestria, rather than ponies who saved Equestria (twice). And how nothing is even mentioned in passing about their exploits.

I always assumed it was due to a mandate from the Princess to NOT treat them as heros, but rather ponies doing their royal duty. She honored them and that was it. I'd assume Princess Celestia did that to avoid them letting the hero worship go to their head. Twilight Sparkle is still her protegee after all.

Interesting thing I noticed was how the show changed from Season On to Season Two.

For example, in Season One almost all of the mane six were in an episode, but in Season Two the episodes usually have only two or three of the six.

From season one to season two we have seen an evolution with the characters. Fluttershy is less frightened by things, Rarity is not complaining as much, Pinkie Pie is seen as very responsible,etc.

We also saw Twilight downgraded from the leader of the mane six to on an equal hoof with the others. Hopefully her character development will be as much as the others as there hasn't been much other that in Lesson Zero.

Interesting thing I noticed was how the show changed from Season On to Season Two.

For example, in Season One almost all of the mane six were in an episode, but in Season Two the episodes usually have only two or three of the six.

From season one to season two we have seen an evolution with the characters. Fluttershy is less frightened by things, Rarity is not complaining as much, Pinkie Pie is seen as very responsible,etc.

We also saw Twilight downgraded from the leader of the mane six to on an equal hoof with the others. Hopefully her character development will be as much as the others as there hasn't been much other that in Lesson Zero.

Off topic reply spoilered

This post just demonstrates to me the quality of the writing that is in this show. The subtle changes made a big impact after the Gala and Discord episodes (well at least noticeable).

In the first season each of the mane 6 were so different from each other that none of them seemed to get along and only tolerated each other because of Twilight who, at the time was the core of the group. However through each trial in each episode they found progressively more common ground between each other. Thus, by season 2 Twilight is no longer really needed to hold them together as they are already stable as friends accepting their differences and enjoying their similarities, as real friends do. Honestly, such development is rare in any show, especially not a kids show. I've seen adult shows that don't make the progression as nicely as MLP:FiM in terms of interperson(pony?) relationships go.

I can only see this trend continuing as the show progresses, and the relationships become increasingly dynamic.

And honestly, now that I have thought of it like that... MMDW makes a bit more sense (but is still horrible overall). Basically by that point the mane 6 are solid friends. And I'm not sure about anyone else, but I have had the occasional friend who was full of themselves for one reason or another and wouldn't listen to reason and cool down. And that created a scheme to conspire against them to knock them down a peg or two. Was it right? Not in the slightest, but there was a feeling of camaraderie and understanding when all was said and done between all parties involved, including the one who was "wronged" in the knocking down a peg. Granted their scheme was overdone and cartoonish in scope, but I kinda see the idea now behind it. The only thing that doesn't make sense now is FS's involvement as that is incredibly out of character for her. She would never intentionally go out of her way to do that to a friend (though after putting your hoof down, I can see her doing that more easily).

Probably the most notable from my childhood came from soccer, when we asked our coach to put all of us on the reserve team for a practice match, basically leaving the boastful forward without the support of a strong defense and midfield to allow him to score. This effectively changed his perspective on how his teammates affected his playing positively and cooled down his boasting as he realized it was a complete team effort, and not just him scoring goals that won the game.

On topic: Seeming lack of higher education. Basically all the higher education seems to be done through mentor-ship if needed at all. IE: Pinkie Pie with the Cakes, Twilight with Celestia, and the passing down of knowledge in the Apple family.

Also lack of an individualized institution for Earth ponies. We see flight camps for Pegasii and magic school for Unicorns, but there is no special school for Earth ponies.

Also the random continuity error for RD with the Wonderbolts. When she went to the Gala she made it seem like she never spent time with them before, when the award for best young flyer competition was a day with the Wonderbolts. You'd think a day would be enough time to show off her stuff. She even flew off with them at the end of the episode of Sonic Rainboom. Also, wouldn't the other three who weren't knocked out notice the sonic rainboom? I mean that isn't exactly easy and she is the only one that could do it. That alone would probably be reason enough for them to ask her to join (I'm probably reading too far into this, aren't I?)

Edit: I think the tickets were enchanted by Celestia, which is why they all were glowing gold. By that point it was already shown that Rarity's magical color was blue and Twilight's a purplish pink color. It looked to me that Twilight and Rarity's horns only reflected the magic that was emanating off the ticket because their horns glowed gold, instead of their individual colors.

On topic: Seeming lack of higher education. Basically all the higher education seems to be done through mentor-ship if needed at all. IE: Pinkie Pie with the Cakes, Twilight with Celestia, and the passing down of knowledge in the Apple family.

Also lack of an individualized institution for Earth ponies. We see flight camps for Pegasii and magic school for Unicorns, but there is no special school for Earth ponies.

I'm going to compare this to my limited knowledge of Little House on the Prairie. It's like... alright, if you wanted to be a doctor, you went to grade school and then college. However, if you wanted to be a farmer, you might not ever go to school at all... or at the very least, your attendance would be limited. You didn't need knowledge of math and reading and writing, you just had to know how to ride a horse and push a plow. If farming was your family business, that's what you learned—straight from your Pa! I imagine Equestria works kind of like that. I mean, some Pegasi are going to work in the weather factory. That may be similar to farming for those guys. Unicorns are going to be slightly different, because they have the addition of hands magic, and therefore have more precision. They can write, perform surgery... a lot of things that no other pony type can. As we saw from Winter Wrap Up, a Unicorn could be a farmer! Unicorns seem to be able to do whatever they want, if they put their mind to it.

Also the random continuity error for RD with the Wonderbolts. When she went to the Gala she made it seem like she never spent time with them before, when the award for best young flyer competition was a day with the Wonderbolts. You'd think a day would be enough time to show off her stuff. She even flew off with them at the end of the episode of Sonic Rainboom. Also, wouldn't the other three who weren't knocked out notice the sonic rainboom? I mean that isn't exactly easy and she is the only one that could do it. That alone would probably be reason enough for them to ask her to join (I'm probably reading too far into this, aren't I?)

Ya, this bothers me too. Watch Lauren Faust dodge the question.

Thinking of MLP's simplistic view, I actually think that the cutie mark might mean she's a good swimmer, IDK...

It sounds more plausible, though you still have to wonder at the fact that ponies here can swim. What?

Thinking of MLP's simplistic view, I actually think that the cutie mark might mean she's a good swimmer, IDK...

It sounds more plausible, though you still have to wonder at the fact that ponies here can swim. What?

Either that, or she's like Fluttershy, but instead of being good with animals, she's just good with fish/other underwater creatures.

Probably my favorite thing that keeps me amused throughout whole series the most.

Think such obvious that everyone noticed it for sure.

Yet at once so naive, that it keeps me smiling no matter what.

Discord cannot count to 6.