[Ponyville] Zap Friday Sale! (Open)

Bellosh

v3gfue.jpg

Zap Friday... the biggest money-making day of the year for Rich’s Barnyard Bargains. Every year, ponies made a dash to the large discount store and through the aisles in the hopes to be one of the so-called Lucky One-Hundred; the first hundred customers to buy ten items or more receive a free jar of Sweet Apple Acre’s renowned Zap Apple Jam. Those who didn’t make it for the jam got special discounts on all purchases, ensuring that nopony didn’t get a raw deal for being a late bird. And as Filthy Rich, owner of Rich’s Barnyard Bargains, looked out beyond the glass doors at the entrance to the hordes of shoppers waiting for the store to open, it looked like this year would be no different.

With only five minutes left until opening, Mr. Rich performed a last inspection of the various departments of his store. On one side, the Home & Farm improvement section was stocked full with anything one needed to do a “little” outside work, from lumber, ropes, and paint to hammers, plows, and wheelbarrows. Over at the grocery department at the store’s opposite end, exotic fruits, vegetables, and spices that weren’t grown in Ponyville enjoyed prominent display in the section’s center. The surrounding aisles meanwhile teemed with miscellaneous food items that customers could purchase in bulk; things like breakfast cereals and bags of chips. And just in time for Hearth’s Warming, brand-name toys and seasonal decorations inhabited the center of the discount store.

As he preformed his last look-over, Filthy Rich made sure to look over everything else too. Here and there, a big colourful banner advertised additional sales and discounts other than the Zap Friday promotion. The earthly orange-brown floor was as spotless as it could be, and every one of the wooden shelves and display stands were in good order. All the store’s large green pony-drawn carts and smaller strap-on saddlebaskets were also accounted for as well. Most importantly of all however, all of Mr. Rich’s green-vested employees were energized and ready to go... even if many were suppressing their anxiety over the upcoming storm of shoppers.

Thirty seconds until opening; [colour=#8b4513]“Are we all ready to go?”[/colour] Filthy eagerly shouted. After receiving a chorus of affirmative responses from his workers, Mr. Rich took his position in between the doors and the cashier area, intent on personally greeting as many of the customers as he could. The seconds whittled down; five... four... three... two... one... ZERO! Nodding to the doormare to unlock the glassdoors, Filthy stood there with a beaming smile as ponies started pouring in. Zap Friday had now officially begun.....

Here's a very crude map of the store layout:

20967tx.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

x4dqls.jpgHayseed

4c6Aws.jpgHaymaker

9DmcOs.jpgHaywire

As the store was beginning to open, towards it trotted an empty two pony wagon with a rust coloured filly riding in it. The two Earth Ponies pulling it were Hayseed and his older sister Haymaker while the blank flank filly in the wagon was their younger sister Haywire.

[colour=#0000FF]"Yeah for shopping day!" [/colour]Hayseed neighed. [colour=#0000FF]"Gotta buy some supplies fer the hay farm!"[/colour]

[colour=#4B0082]"We need to be practical, dear brother," [/colour]Haymaker added. [colour=#4B0082]"We also need to stock up on essential groceries and other important needs"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Like toys, firecrackers, rubber bands fer mah slingshot," [/colour]little Haywire said, reading off of a long list she held in one hoof.

[colour=#4B0082]"Oh NO you don't, young filly!" [/colour]Haymaker shouted. [colour=#800080]"We will NOT be using any of our farm wages to pay fer more of yur horseplay!"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"I got mah own money, sis!" [/colour]the blonde filly yelled back. [colour=#B22222]"Earned me a buncha bits fer harmonica playin' I did in the town square a few weeks ago. Did some odd jobs around town too!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Way ta go, little sister!" [/colour]her brother cheered.

[colour=#4B0082]"Well, I don't care! You're NOT buying all those things and that's FINAL!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Oh, c'mon sis, Haywire should be able ta buy whatever she wants with HER money."[/colour]

[colour=#4B0082]"Not if its stuff that's gonna git her in trouble later! We need to stick to buying essential things."[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Like all that thar beauty creme and mane spray you plan to buy, Haymaker?"[/colour]

[colour=#4B0082]"Yes! I need all of them things!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"You sure do! Gotta find SOME way to cover up all that ugly!" [/colour]

As the pony-drawn wagon reached the entrance to Rich's Barnyard Bargains, the siblings parked the wagon and unhitched themselves. Once free from restraints, the furious Haymaker swung one hoof at her brother, connecting a perfect punch to his face that almost spun his head all the way around. After staggering around for a minute, the dazed stallion spoke.

[colour=#0000FF]"And that reminds me.... we need... medical supplies....too....."[/colour]

Carrot Top was what you would call a regular to Filthy Rich's store. Not only did she visit to find the more unique foods not grown in Ponyville, as a small time farmer she would buy supplies from the place too. And so with a list in her saddlebag she approached the store with a look of happiness. Today was the Zap Friday sale, and she was determined to get her jar of that wonderful jam.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Ten item? Ha! I usually buy that amount when its not on sale." [/colour]

The mare made her way to one of the green carts (she was going to need all the space it had to offer), and saw that Mr. Rich was there greeting the ponies entering.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Oh hi there Mr. Rich. I guess you're ready for the big sale."[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

Only mere moments after the store’s opening, and already for Filthy Rich, it looked like this Zap Friday would be an ugly one. It hadn’t taken long for the customers outside to start fighting and- no, wait; it’s just Haymaker punching Hayseed around..... again. Mr. Rich hoped the two got their act together before they entered the store so that his customers can be spared their drama. Otherwise, he would have to ask them to leave the premises..... again.

The first customer that Filthy managed to talk to was Ms. Carrot Top, a carrot farmer who frequently purchased imported food items and farming supplies from Rich’s Barnyard Bargains. Once the mare selected her large cart to pull around, she went up to the store owner to give him a polite greeting. And like he always did, Mr. Rich returned the favour in kind; [colour=#8b4513]“Hello to you too, Ms. Top. We sure are ready for the Zap Friday sale today, thank you for asking.”[/colour]

Filthy Rich learned long ago that by knowing the purchasing habits of individual customers (which wasn’t too hard to accomplish in the small town of Ponyville), he could induce them to buy certain items via targeted pitching. Usually, this took the form of mentioning a sale that he guessed somepony would be interested... and boy did he have one for Carrot today; [colour=#8b4513]“You’ll be pleased to know that right now we have a buy one, get one free offer on all seed packets. That’ll let you stock up on carrot seeds for the next growing season!”[/colour] With luck, Carrot would buy more seed packets than usual this time.....

As Haymaker was once more 'confronting' their brother, little Haywire darted through the entrance of the store.

[colour=#800080]"HAY YOU! GIT BACK HERE!" [/colour]Haymaker screamed.

[colour=#0000FF]"Oh, jist let'r go, sis," [/colour]Hayseed pleaded. [colour=#0000FF]"She knows her way round the store and besides, we can't keep an eye on her all the time. I gotta git the farm stuff and you gotta git the groceries."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Well, alright, but she better not be buying anything dangerous!"[/colour]

Making a quick gallop through the store, Haywire rushed up to the proprietor.

[colour=#B22222]"Er, Mr. Rich," [/colour]she meekly asked, [colour=#B22222]"Ware do ya keep yur firecrackers and gunpowder?"[/colour]

Carrot Top smiled as Filthy Rich greeted her. That was what she liked about the salespony, always greeting the customes and wearing a smile. The pony also had a knack for knowing her and what she often came into the store for. It was almost as if he could read her mind, but Carrot knew it was probably due to her being so predictable.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Oh really? You have a sale on seed packets? Wow, that's great to know. I always seem to run out when I'm planting in the spring. Thanks for telling me!"[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

[colour=#8b4513]“No problem, Ms. Top,”[/colour] Filthy Rich declared as Carrot thanked the stallion for letting her know about the sale; [colour=#8b4513]“You have a good day now, and be sure to get yourself a free jar of zap apple jam when you check out.”[/colour]

The next pony among the torrent of customers marching into the store was Haywire, a mischievous little rascal that seems to find trouble wherever she goes. Earlier this year, Mr. Rich received an earful from watchdog adults when they discovered that one of his employees let the rust-coated filly purchase a batch of imported firecrackers from his store. Thanks to Haywire, Filthy had to institute a store policy of not letting foals buy “dangerous items” when unaccompanied by an adult.

Fortunately for every adult in Ponyville though, firecrackers were not in season for Rich’s Barnyard Bargains. Giving off a playful laugh, Filthy decided to persuade Haywire to look at other items;[colour=#8b4513] “Sorry missy, but we don’t have anything of that sort right now. But perhaps you’ll be interested in all the toys and seasonal decorations we have displayed in the center aisle, just in time for Heath’s Warming!”[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Oh I certainly will be sure to pick up that jam, Mr. Rich," [/colour]Carrot said with a smile.

In reality this is why she was here in the first place. She could have gone anytime to prurchase what she needed and still would have received a bargain, but today was special. She had her eyes of the prize, that coveted jar of Zap Apple Jam.

Carrot was about to walk away when she heard one of the younger ponies that entered, a rust coloured colt, ask about buying materials for explosives.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Um... excuse me for asking? But why do you want to buy exoplosives?" [/colour]

As Haywire's head drooped in disappointment at Filthy Rich's words, her little ears perked up when she heard Carrot Top speaking to her.

[colour=#b22222]"Well ma'am," [/colour]the blank flank filly began to explain, [colour=#b22222]"I ain't really lookin' fer explosives, jist some stuff I kin use ta make mah own hoofmade firecrackers and rockets. It's kind of a hobby of mine. Ya don't happen ta know where I kin git some stuff like that, do ya?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"HAYWIRE!" [/colour]Haymaker shouted as she galloped up to her and Carrot Top, [colour=#800080]"what did I tell ya about pesterin' other ponies? And what's this I hear about ya wantin' explosives?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"C'mon sis, stop givin' little Haywire a hard time," [/colour]Hayseed pleaded. [colour=#0000ff]"Besides, we got a lot of shoppin' ta do."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"I have to keep an eye on Haywire! She'll git inta trouble if I don't!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"I hear tell thar's a sale on fancy dresses and horseshoes in the back of the store..."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"YIPEE!" [/colour]Haymaker shouted, galloping past Filthy Rich so fast, she created a breeze.

[colour=#0000ff]"Heh heh heh, now that One Punch Polly's out of the way, I kin git some REAL shoppin' done!" [/colour]Hayseed laughed, walking over to the store's proprietor. [colour=#0000ff]"Hay Mr. Rich, y'all still do farm tool sharpenin'? I got mah plow here and the blade's gittin' dull."[/colour]

As her big sister rushed away, Haywire sighed. [colour=#b22222]"Surry about mah big sister, she's always suspicious of everything I do. Now, do ya know where I kin git some gunpowder, ma'am?"[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

As Haywire proceeded to pester Carrot Top about where to get gunpowder, Filthy Rich almost lost his footing as a Haymaker-shaped storm blew by towards the discount dress section at the back left store corner. While nearly all Ponyville residents could afford the dresses made by the local seamstress, Rarity, not everypony in need of passably-fancy outfit required the latest and greatest in fashion. Hence, why Rich’s Barnyard Bargains sold dresses for dirt cheap.

As Mr. Rich recovered his footing, Hayseed came up to ask the store owner whether the store still provided tool sharpening services. [colour=#8b4513]“We always have our sharpening section open, Mr. Hayseed,”[/colour] Filthy gladly answered; [colour=#8b4513]“I also just want to remind you that we’ve got a new shipment of toys last week, just in time for Heath’s Warming. I’m sure your little sister will appreciate a little gift or two.”[/colour] As always, Filthy used whatever chance he got to nudge shoppers to buy more... and more... and even more!

Catrrot Top was stunned at the filly's fascination with explosives and firecrackers. Surely her family was none too thrilled about the fact that she was into such a dangerous hobby. It was clear that had not the two siblings been distracted by things that caught their attention, then the would have continued to dissuade the filly from puurchasing anything like that.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Well, I'm not really skilled in making fireworks. I once as a filly about your age made a cork rocket. That's where you get a glass bottle, fill it with vinegar and baking soda and then put a cork in it. The pressure will cause the cork to fire into the air. If you try it, just don't have the cork pointed at anypony or at anything that could break, ok?"[/colour]

Satisfied with the alternative to full blown fireworks, Carrot's ears perked up when she heard about the tool sharpening area.

[colour=#FF8C00]"You know, I have some small digging tools on me that need sharpening as well. They get dull pretty fast."[/colour]

She then turned towards the stallion who asked the question about the sharpening area. It was time to turn on the charm a little.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Say, can a nice stallion like you show a mare like me where to get my gardening tools sharpened?"[/colour]

Hayseed's face lit up when Carrot Top asked for his help.

[colour=#0000FF]"You betcha, ma'am!" [/colour]the brownish furred stallion neighed with a beaming grin on his face, [colour=#0000FF]"I'ma headin' over in that direction mah-self! My name's Hayseed. Me and the rest of the family's here to git our vital supplies and such. Gotta plow that needs sharperin' too, you sure are perty, ma'am!"[/colour]

As the starstruck Hayseed led Carrot Top towards the back of the store, Haymaker was rummaging through all of the dresses on the rack.

[colour=#800080]"I gotta find jist the right dress to catch the eye of a handsome stallion! Oh, someday my ship will come in!"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"More like a sinking tugboat, sis!" [/colour]Haywire shouted from a distance.

[colour=#800080]"HAY!" [/colour]the red mared mare snorted. [colour=#800080]"Where are ya, Haywire! I know you said that and I'm gonna git ya fer it!"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Can't catch me, slowpoke!" [/colour]the rust coloured filly shouted as Haymaker saw Haywire blue mane bow rushing away from her.

[colour=#800080]"Ah HA!" [/colour]Haymaker roared as she gave chase, not knowing that her clever little sister had tied her bow onto a brownish furred collie dog who was now scampering all around the store. Emerging from her hiding place, Haywire started to search for the items she needed.

[colour=#B22222]"Sure, Mr. Rich won't sell me nuthin' dangerous, but I kin still buy enough of these here household chemicals to mix up inta some dandy firecracker rocket fuel. Done it before, I kin do it agin! Hope that thar doggie'll keep mah sister outta mah mane till I git mah shoppin' all done."[/colour]

A furious Haymaker continued to chase the bow, still unaware that she was galloping after a canine. When the collie dog ran circles around Filthy Rich, Haymaker rose up to pounce, only to stop inches after from the store proprietor.

[colour=#0000FF]"Oh, surry Mr. Rich, I was after mah sister!"[/colour]

Meanwhile, a new costumer began to enter the store:

[colour=#212121]

201px-Flam_unbelievable_S02E15.png[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"By gadfry!" [/colour]Flam neighed, [colour=#FF8C00]"I was needing to buy my brother a gift for his birthday, and this little establishment looks like the right place to accomplish this. Perhaps the propriator won't remember my past, dealings with Ponyville and allow me to shop here. It's worth a try, but just in case..."[/colour]

Flam quickly put on a fake beard and mustache as he approached the front entrance.

Edited by Mojo

v3gfue.jpg

No rest came for Filthy Rich as the tide of customers continued. The next one he personally greeted was a rather strange-looking fellow; an unknown unicorn stallion with a lanky build along with a beard and mustache. Mr. Rich may not have known with certainty what this pony would buy, but if the store owner had to guess by the customer’s cutie mark, he was an apple grower who’s just getting established in Ponyville. [colour=#8b4513]“How do you do, sir?”[/colour] Filthy greeted this new shopper; [colour=#8b4513]“I take it you’re new around these parts?”[/colour]

Before the other stallion could speak, an obtrusive bow-wearing dog started spinning circles around Filthy Rich, with Haymaker in hot pursuit. The mare tried explaining she was chasing her little sister, but it clearly looked like she needed her eyes checked.[colour=#8b4513] “Uhh, beg your pardon Miss Haymaker,”[/colour] Filthy delicately explained; [colour=#8b4513]“But are you sure that’s your sister you're after?”[/colour]

Carrot Top couldn't help but giggle as the stallion was literally tripping over himself to help her. Granted that she was no shrinking violet herself, but she was never opposed to help either. Nevertheless she was surprised that she had such an ability to make a stallion so attracted to him.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Hello there Hayseed. I'm Carrot Top. I just came here for the sale and to get some supplies like you, but I realized that I hacve some gardening tools that need sharpening. Not as big as a plow, but still needed."[/colour]

The earth pony's face went red with embarrassment when the stallion said she was pretty.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Really? You think I'm pretty? That's the nicest thing a pony has even said to me. You're quite handsome too if I do say so myself."[/colour]

Carrot never saw herself as being all that pretty as there were many other ponies who she considered to be prettier. Then again she didn't really have to time to think about getting all dolled up.

1roocj.jpg

Cotton Cloudy trotted around Ponyville, looking for anything to interest her, when she saw a shop that was giving some sort of jam away from buying ten or more items. She looked in her saddlebag, and saw quite a few bits in there. She hoped it would be enough to buy at least 10 items, as she wanted at least a taste of that jam. She trotted into the store, looking around.

[colour=#afeeee]"Wow, there's a lot of stuff here."[/colour] Cotton observed, trying to find the owner of this establishment. She eventually found a rather formal-looking light brown stallion greeting and talking to other customers. She assumed by this demeanor, he was the one in charge.

[colour=#afeeee]"Excuse me?"[/colour] Cotton asked, trying to get the stallion's attention. [colour=#afeeee]"Are you the boss around here?"[/colour] She asked, waiting patiently for an answer.

[colour=#800080]"Whatever are ya talkin' about, Mr. Rich?" [/colour]Haymaker asked, spotting the blue bow in the distance moving away from her. [colour=#800080]"Git back here, Haywire! This is yur big sister talkin' to ya! STOP!"[/colour]

As the lanky red maned mare resumed her pursuit of 'Haywire', her brother Hayseed was enjoying the company of Carrot Top. The country stallion blushed when the green mare mentioned how she thought he was handsome.

[colour=#0000FF]"Wow Miss Carrot Top, ya really think so?" [/colour]he asked as the two finally reached the sharpening section of the store. [colour=#0000FF]"Well, here we are! Guess I'll leave mah plow here. It'll take'm a while to git the job done, is thar anythin' else I kin help ya find in this here store?"[/colour]

While Haywire began gathering her 'ingredients' in her shopping cart, Flam noticed the newcomer, a mare with light blue mane. Here, Flam thought, was his chance to really see if his disguise was working.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Greeting young filly, how are you this lovely day?"[/colour]

While Haywire began gathering her 'ingredients' in her shopping cart, Flam noticed the newcomer, a mare with light blue mane. Here, Flam thought, was his chance to really see if his disguise was working.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Greeting young filly, how are you this lovely day?"[/colour]

Cotton looked at this stallion talking to her. He looked a bit familiar, but, then again, she assumed that there were lots of ponies who looked similar. Heck, there were probably 10 ponies who looked like her out there.

[colour=#afeeee]"Hello."[/colour] She greeted the stallion. [colour=#afeeee]"Have you come here for that jam too?"[/colour] She asked.

v3gfue.jpg

The next customer Filthy Rich managed to get to was a little pegasus filly, another pony he didn’t quite recognize. All that the stallion could tell about the filly was that she probably did something with clouds, judging by her cutie mark. Unfortunately, Rich’s Barnyard Bargains did not keep any cloud-made items in stock; everything his store sold was supposed to cater to everypony after all.

Still though, maybe she was interested in toy shopping thought Mr. Rich. Even though the filly was talking to a pony that he greeted a minute ago, the store owner butted into the conversation; [colour=#8b4513]“How do you do, little lady? Have you even been to Rich’s Barnyard Bargains?”[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

The next customer Filthy Rich managed to get to was a little pegasus filly, another pony he didn’t quite recognize. All that the stallion could tell about the filly was that she probably did something with clouds, judging by her cutie mark. Unfortunately, Rich’s Barnyard Bargains did not keep any cloud-made items in stock; everything his store sold was supposed to cater to everypony after all.

Still though, maybe she was interested in toy shopping thought Mr. Rich. Even though the filly was talking to a pony that he greeted a minute ago, the store owner butted into the conversation; [colour=#8b4513]“How do you do, little lady? Have you even been to Rich’s Barnyard Bargains?”[/colour]

Cotton, not hearing a response from the other stallion for quite some time, turned to the store owner. [colour=#afeeee]"Oh, hello. Nope, haven't been here before. It seems interesting though."[/colour] She said, looking around at all the things there were to see. [colour=#afeeee]"I'm not sure what it is I want to buy though..."[/colour] She said worriedly, looking around the store from where she was standing.[colour=#afeeee] "I guess I'll just look around, and see what I can find."[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Well of course you are," [/colour]Carrot said kindly to the stallion as they readhed the sharpening area.

Carrot then opened her saddlebags and emptied out its contents. A spade, weed pick, a tool that looked like a metal point used to dig a hole for seeds, and small metal rake was set of the floor.

[colour=#FF8C00]"There we go. I still have to get my shovel sharpened, but I'll have to come back later for that since it's at home. Do you want to accompany me to the gardening area Hayseed? We can talk as we shop." [/colour]

Two members of the Hay family were having a great time at Rich's Barnyard Bargains today!

Hayseed was with Carrot Top and having a wonderful time simply talking and sharing each other's company. When the mare asked him to accompany her while they shopped, the brown furred country stallion wore a beaming smile on his face.

[colour=#0000FF]"It'd be mah pleasure, ma'am!" [/colour]Hayseed neighed, tipping his hat to the lady as the two proceeded onward. [colour=#0000FF]"I'm here today shoppin' with mah sisters. I sure hope they kin stay outta trouble."[/colour]

Meanwhile, little Haywire, managing to have eluded her older sister, pulled up to the checkout counter with a cart full of household chemicals and other 'safe looking' items.

[colour=#B22222]"While mah sister's chasin' that dog she thinks is me, I'll buy all this here stuff," [/colour]the rust coloured filly said to herself, happy in the knowledge that she now had all of the 'raw ingredients' she needed to mix together to make more of her favorite hoofmade firecrackers and firecracker rockets. Sure, it would've been easier if she could've bought some gunpowder and other combustable items, but over the years, by trial and error (and a lot of unexplained explosions at far ends of the hay farm), Haywire could now use just about any combination of ordinary household products to make the things she wanted.

Meanwhile, the still frantic Haymaker continued following the 'blue bow' from a distance, until she was able to gallop closer to see that all this time, she'd been chasing a collie dog.

[colour=#4B0082]"HAYWIRE!"[/colour]

That scream was unmistakable. Haywire knew she would soon be in big trouble.

[colour=#B22222]"Er, could ya please check me out fast? I have a funny feelin' I'm runnin' outta time,"[/colour]

So far, so good for Flam's disguise. He had made it past Mr. Rich without being recognized and was now talking to a pretty mare.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Jam? Oh yeah, YEAH! Good ol' Zap Apple Jam!" [/colour]the bearded and mustached unicorn stallion said, trying hard to disguise his voice. [colour=#FF8C00]"And what, praytell, brings a pretty filly such as yourself to this fine extablishment?"[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

[colour=#8b4513]“Feel free to browse the store then,”[/colour] Filthy Rich told the young customer; [colour=#8b4513]“If you’re interested, we’ve got all the latest toys stocked over on the center aisle. I’m sure they’ll be something there that either you or a family member would like.”[/colour] Maybe this was enough to get her to buy something.....

---

Meanwhile over at the check-out counter, one of the cashiers scrambled to look at the price tags for each random item that Haywire selected and to give the filly a final price; “Alright miss, all these will be eighty-nine-” Suddenly, a shrill scream rocked the store, causing the cashier to drop her receipt, ensuring that she didn’t hear Haywire’s request to speed things up. Once she recovered the piece of paper, the cashier stated again; "Sorry 'bout that; that'll be eighty-nine bits."

As for Haymaker, all her yelling accomplished was only to summon a pimpled, squeakily-voiced employee in her area; “Uhhh, ma’am..... can you please not yell out in the store? It uhh... distracts the customers from their shopping experience.”

Carrot Top led the way to the farming supplies area along with Hayseed. Sure shopping was ok, but shopping with another was even better.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Yes I noticed that you were with your sisters before. One asked my where to find things for making explosives? Not sure why she needed those. Sounds like the two can be a hoof full."[/colour]

Before the mare could pull out her shopping list, a loud shout was heard from somewhere in the store. Whatever was happening, the pony shouting sounded pretty upset.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Do you need to see what's going on with your sister, Hayseed[/colour][colour=#ff8c00]?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Nah! Mah sisters act like this all the time!" [/colour]Hayseed said to Carrot Top with a giggle. [colour=#0000FF]"Jist sit back and watch the fun!"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Here's yur money, ma'am," [/colour]Haywire said, giving the cashier the correct amount of bits and put all her bags on a basket strapped to her back. [colour=#B22222]"Thanks a lot!"[/colour]

Spotting her furious sister a far off, the rust coloured filly took the 'long way' out of the store. When Haymaker saw her, she let out a mighty roar and galloped off in hot pursuit. She was so angry, the lanky red maned filly collided with Flam. Sending the unicorn flying into a wall, Haymaker rolled like a bowling ball in the center aisle, scattering frightened shoppers until she came to a stop in front of her brother and Carrot Top, wearing Flam's fake beard on her face. Seeing this caused Hayseed to burst into laughter, rolling on the floor laughing.

[colour=#800080]"WHAT'S SO FUNNY, BROTHER??? TELL ME!!!" [/colour]Haymaker screamed. A dazed Flam got back on his four feet, only now realizing that his 'disguise' was gone.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Oh me or my, looks like I've been unmasked!" [/colour]Flam neighed, now fearing that he'd be thrown out of the store for being who he is.

v3gfue.jpg

And once again, the situation looked like it was falling apart as Filthy Rich witnessed commotion and panic from the center aisle. The store owner was loathe to abandon his spot greeting incoming customers, but something had to be done before the negative shopping experience convinced other ponies to leave prematurely. And so, Mr. Rich rushed over to the problem spot only to find the horrifyingly-familiar sight of Hayseed mocking a fake beard-wearing Haymaker.

Filthy Rich wasn’t going to have any of this, especially on the busiest shopping day of the year.[colour=#8b4513] “Alright, I hate having to say this,” [/colour]ordered the stern manager, glaring at the pair of disfunctional siblings;[colour=#8b4513] “But I’m going to ask the two of you to leave the store.”[/colour] Making his way over to the third customer who got caught in the Hay family crossfire, Mr. Rich made every effort to make amends; [colour=#8b4513]“I apologize for the disturbance that those two were causing, mister. Is there anything else I can do to improve your shopping experience today?”[/colour]

Come to think of it, this other unicorn stallion actually reminded Filthy now of those shady businesscolts who kept making a nuisance for the Apple family, although it didn’t look like the other was present. They might have been con-artists, but they were not proven shoplifters. Therefore, the brown earth pony deemed not to make an issue to the other stallion’s shenanigans... provided Mr. Rich was right in his assumption of who this pony was, of course.

In the meantime, the cashier who serviced Haywire came galloping up to the rust-coated filly with a jar of zap apple jam gripped by her tail; “Excuse me miss, but you forgot your free jar of zap apple jam!”