Let's Get This Party Started [Open]

She couldn't believe it. Feedback just could not believe it. She thought she was trippin' bails! An invitation to the Gala that had laid, wrinkled and unattended, on the side of the road. She'd checked it for a string attached, but no string. No joke. She'd held it up in her hooves, staring at the metallic parchment in the sunlight.

"…No. Way."

It was only natural that she'd attend. Whatever forgetful pony had left it there on the road was obviously not coming back for it! Feedback was never one for classy affairs, but hey. A party was a party! She kept that precious bit of swankiness with her even as she stepped up the extravagant staircase the following evening, towards the main hall of the palace. Lucky for her, her stage outfit was snappy enough to double as formal attire (or so she thought.) Sharp, dark jeans with a studded belt and bright yellow boots polished to perfection garbed on back half. Front half donned a white shirt with nary a stain on it, kept mostly hidden by a leather jacket. Its collar was high and the jacket itself practically dripped with zippers and studs. She'd even somehow worked her mussy mane into a proper mohawk and put on a little extra eye-liner.

"Wonder if they'll even let me in," she muttered to herself with a bemused grin, growing ever wider. "Maybe if I tell 'em I'm a totally famous rock star."

But oh.

Wait!

She had a ticket.

Ha-ha-ha.

With it, she managed to trot in without much of a problem, although the awkward glances at her "formal attire" weren't spared in the least. The place was crowded, as was to be expected, the lot either conversing or lining up to head in and be greeted by the Princess. Feedback figured she couldn't pass up the chance to meet royalty - she might've been a little rebel, but Her Majesty always deserved respect. With that in mind, the mare began meandering her way along, half shuffling and half admiring the decor for the time being. Her neck was craned down a bit, more out of habit than anything else, and the slouch did nothing to make her less conspicuous.

• 2 weeks later...

Psyche trotted confidently into the line. She was exited that she managed to get a ticket. She did study very hard in school this year and all her work has payed off. Her teacher rewarded her with this ticket for getting the highest grade on the final exam. She was so exited. All of the smartest professors will be there and she would love to chat with them about some theories she discovered. She noticed the pony in front of her and scened that she was a little nervous. Don't worry....I know meeting the princess is a big honor but just be your self.