My OC Pony: Friendships Untold (Idea thread closed. See episode OOCs)

Lovinity

OOC is closed... final decisions have been made for the role play. To sign up or suggest additional ideas, please see OOCs for each individual episode as they open. If you do not see an open OOC for this role play, then either an episode is in progress or a break from the role play is in progress.

Hello everyone!

As some may heard, Hasbro might make a 4th season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. However it may be their last season. Nothing points to this except fanbase superstition. Regardless, I think this would be fun:

what I'm hoping to do is round up as many fans as I can to start a fanbase "sequel" if you wish to call it to My Little Pony.

For starters, a new role play.

EDITED ON FEBRUARY 16:

Here's how the role play will work (and this will change as the community, you, see fit):

1) For each episode, I will open up an OOC for one week. In the OOC, we will shoot ideas for the upcoming episode, as well as sign up our characters to be in that episode.

2) The episode will go on as a role play.

-"Episodes" are defined as separate parts of the role play, each generally having a different theme, although episodes may conclude or expand upon previous ones.

-The ideal length of each episode is 200 posts but it will not be enforced; it's best to have the length be as long as necessary.

-Each episode will have a pre-determined theme and beginning setting, as discussed in its OOC

-Sub plots may be used

3) There may be a small time frame between completion of an episode and opening of the OOC for the next one.

Quick guidelines for the RP subject to change as community sees fit:

1) OCs are encouraged, though role plays of actual characters are fine too. Also is recommended to have a back story page available some where for your OC... Though not required

2) Be realistic! No overpowering or over-influential characters unless there is a good reason and they face realistic challenges.

-For example, Lovinity may seem over powering with her love magic and using the Element of Love. However, if she doesn't use them properly, it can cause serious consequences.

3) Please no more than 2 pony role plays at the same time in a single episode.

4) NSFW content strictly forbidden.

5) Please be respectful. Though characters may have disputes in the role play, please RP them out maturely. Also, treat all role players with respect, and do not insult or otherwise damage the reputation of any role player or character... OC or not.

6) There will be a three sentence minimum limit in each post. In addition, double-posting will be discouraged; use the edit function instead.

So what do you all think? Please leave suggestions below!

Feedback GREATLY appreciated! I hope to start within a couple weeks or so.

Still need suggestions on the following:

*Guidelines?

*Format of the role plays

Suggested series titles so far:

[colour=#ff0000](Note it DOES appear "My Little Pony" will have copyright conflicts after investigation. All "My Little Pony" was changed to "My OC Pony." Please suggest a better replacement if you can think of one!)[/colour]

*'MOP: Friendships Untold' 5 votes (Officially decided as title)

*'The Adventures of My OC Ponies' 0 voted

*'[My OC Pony:] Ponies of Equestria' 0 votes

*'My Little Fanventures' 0 votes

*'My Little Role play' 0 votes

*'My Tiny Horse: Pals are for Life.' 0 votes

*'The Equestrian Stories' 1 votes

Suggested formats so far:

*Similar to My Little Pony: Friendship is magic

*Transforming into an animated project in the future after the role play gets going

*Back story?

*Theme the episode before it begins... and center the episode around the theme.

*Allow sub-plots

*Set light weight rules for each episode

*As far as length and guidelines, be flexible.

*Allow plenty of room for new participants allowing them to smoothly enter the role play.

--

Edited by Lovinity

The fourth season... quite a few people think the fourth season will be the last. However, it is not guaranteed or certain, or even official. It's just talk :)

But I'd thought I'd start up something just in case... or even if the case is void; just for fun.

I do not know yet if it will be like the actual episodes... They probably will not be since Id like this to be as flexible and as long lived as possible.

Sorry to clarify but in one of my guidelines I mentioned regulating length of each episide. What I meant is not length as in time, but length as in number of posts for that episode. I wish to hover around 200 posts (10 pages) per episode, but not be strict limitation or anything... Just a guide.

And Im very glad to see your interests :D

Cool ^^ Glad to see interest!

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for the role play itself? ...title? ...format?...the guidelines?

Also, the OOC (and character sign-up) for episode 1 might be opened on Friday the 15th, Saturday the 16th, or Sunday the 17th under Free for All. So be sure to look for that!

The title depends on what we want the 'new show' would be about. We should probably continue on the friendship thing, but with a new title. Maybe it could be like the original concept with intricate plots and many evil villains? In that case, we could go with something like 'The Adventures of My Little Ponies' or something like that.

The title depends on what we want the 'new show' would be about. We should probably continue on the friendship thing, but with a new title. Maybe it could be like the original concept with intricate plots and many evil villains? In that case, we could go with something like 'The Adventures of My Little Ponies' or something like that.

At this time, the new show will be similar but different to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The main differences will be that first off, the main focus will be on the player's OCs and not on the mane 6 (so in a sense there is no 'mane 6' in this series)... and the other difference is that the episode might (but not guaranteed) have more than one 'side' in an episode. For example, we might have OCs X Y and Z trying to overcome an evil villain while at the same time OCs A and B are building a monument for Princess Celestia.

Again it is not exactly clear as to where the series will be taken... it will be left up to the community over time :)

I want a Chrysalis redemtion episode, pwease?

Hehe we're not suggesting actual episodes in this OOC (this is for the series in general) but that sounds like a good idea. Please suggest that in one of the episode OOCs when they open up :).

Maybe, 'Ponies of Equestria'?

...Ponies of Equestria? Hmm... I don't really feel that title much but I can definitely consider it and see what everyone else thinks. :)

Seeing as the name, "My Little Pony" Is trademarked, may I suggest something like "My Little (blank, not ponies)" is used?

Other then that, soooo sign me up! :D

EDIT: As for my title suggestion, I like "My little Fanventures". :)

Pretty sure the term 'episode' is used in the sense that each RP is episodic, rather than being a 100+ page on-going roleplay about just one plot. So the whole copyright thing has no bearing.

As for my contribution to the discussion.. I dunno.. 'MLP: Friendships Untold'?

Seeing as the name, "My Little Pony" Is trademarked, may I suggest something like "My Little (blank, not ponies)" is used?

Other then that, soooo sign me up! :D

EDIT: As for my title suggestion, I like "My little Fanventures". :)

Or how about "My OC Pony" or "My Little Role Play" haha? Couple additional suggestions.

Pretty sure the term 'episode' is used in the sense that each RP is episodic, rather than being a 100+ page on-going roleplay about just one plot. So the whole copyright thing has no bearing.

As for my contribution to the discussion.. I dunno.. 'MLP: Friendships Untold'?

The term episode refers to the role play being broken down into parts, each usually having a different plot and story. So you are correct. My goal is to hover around 10 pages or so per episode... But it will not be enforced. It will just be as long as it needs to be.

I really like your title suggestion :) . I am not sure about copyright names... Ill look it up or maybe contact Hasbro about it.

Thank you for on going suggestions and interest!

I like MLP: Friendships untold. Sounds mysterious. :o

I have two different OCs that I can play but I had two questions.

1.What's the required (or minimum) post length? I don't like one line posts at all but I generally post a consistent four lines or more if given a good enough post to respond to.

2. Can I play as both OCs that I had in mind? It doesn't have to be simultaneously, could be one for an episode or two then switch to the other. If not, that's fine.

I am interested in this and I really hope this does take off but because of school, the tines I'm on vary so I'm not certain how consistently I'll be online.

I like MLP: Friendships untold. Sounds mysterious. :-o

I have two different OCs that I can play but I had two questions.

1.What's the required (or minimum) post length? I don't like one line posts at all but I generally post a consistent four lines or more if given a good enough post to respond to.

2. Can I play as both OCs that I had in mind? It doesn't have to be simultaneously, could be one for an episode or two then switch to the other. If not, that's fine.

I am interested in this and I really hope this does take off but because of school, the tines I'm on vary so I'm not certain how consistently I'll be online.

Minimum post length? I don't really have one but I frown upon posts that are only one sentence. I would aim for posts with at least 3 sentences in them... but there isn't really a set guideline on this.

Can you play both OCs? Absolutely. My limit is 2 OCs by the same person in the same episode.

Thanks for continued suggestions. Keep them coming :)