My OC Pony: Friendships Untold (Idea thread closed. See episode OOCs)

Lovinity

I would be glad to join in this as well. My OC is done., back story and all. As for ideas... titles I would have to say jokingly My Tiny Horse: Pals are for life. :lol: And if needed I can play my other OC.

I would be glad to join in this as well. My OC is done., back story and all. As for ideas... titles I would have to say jokingly My Tiny Horse: Pals are for life. :lol: And if needed I can play my other OC.

My Tiny Horse? Haha nice one!

• Like 1

I have 2 OCs, one of which isn't entirely fleshed out yet, she's MysticNote, the Unicorn/Zebra in my av... Where will the RP take place, if I may ask? FFA or Mane or somewhere else?

This will be in Free for All (FFA) for now, unless in the unlikely event otherwise stated. Like, for example, if the role play starts getting numerous "Poor in character" OC ponies, then if I can approve my pony for Equestria it'd be moved there. But I want to give this a chance to allow everyone to partake.

• Like 2

Sorr for long reply time.

What about the equestrian stories.

I'm not sure if I follow. Care to explain?

this also would be my first role play so please bare with me

Hey no problem! First time RPs welcome!

I think Shawnie was suggesting that as a name for the RP, Lovin. At any rate, you don't need to worry about anything like 'copyright'.. this is just an RP. Not like you're making some kind of 'official' project. I mean, heck, if copyright was ever an issue for fanfiction and roleplay, this site wouldn't even exist.

I think Shawnie was suggesting that as a name for the RP, Lovin. At any rate, you don't need to worry about anything like 'copyright'.. this is just an RP. Not like you're making some kind of 'official' project. I mean, heck, if copyright was ever an issue for fanfiction and roleplay, this site wouldn't even exist.

You have a good point there. Okay I kind of thought that is what was meant.

Yea, I was under the impression it was an animated project. ^^; Sorry.

Actually my plans are to possibly transform this into an animated project in the future.

Misunderstandings happen, heh, I wouldn't worry about it.

We all do it ^^

I can do storyboards by hand. :) And upload them, of course.

If you'd like to that's up to you but I'd love to see them if you choose to!

well i thought equestrian stories would be a good name for the series. and thank you for being understanding about me being new your awesome! :)

^^ You're welcome.

To every pony: Crunch time! Share your final thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and other things by Saturday. Episode 1's OOC idea and signup thread will start on Saturday. I especially need ponies to vote for which title they like the most. Suggested titles are on my very first post in this thread! Thank you SO MUCH!

Be sure to sign up for the individual OOC topics for the episode to participate :)

We have two votes for MOP friendships untold (one of them is me) and 1 vote for equestrian stories. Less than one day left for ideas and votes :)

I have to say, Lovinity, this is sounding like it might be an awesome idea. I do have a few questions as to how this would work though:

Number one: You say you want to make this episodic. So does that mean that there will only be one "real" event per episode, and every character has to react to that event? Having every player effectively "on-screen" at the same time will be exceptionally difficult, so they'd have to occupy themselves while in the background too, right? I'm just wondering how lenient you're going to be on side plots.

Number two: As this is effectively a series, will there be persistent character growth? Or even overarching background plots? Both would be difficult to manage, especially if you're trying to encourage newcomers. However, as a series it'd be hard to ignore previous events.

Number three: Any rp that's time-locked can have problems with posting disparity. Several short posters could have a conversation in ten small posts in an hour, while some of the slower and more wordy posters might react once a day with a few paragraphs. I know you can't exactly take this into consideration, but may I suggest a fairly rigid posting schedule? It would prompt people to take more time with individual posts.

Number four: Will this still revolve around the Mane Six? Or be set in Ponyville? Because if so then the Mane Six are going to be the plot focal points. Perhaps having people taking it in turn to be main characters might work, but then you'd need a persistent roster.

Number five: A definite beginning, middle, and end is needed for a good episode, but one key element to a rp plotline is flexibility. If you set a definite beginning, middle, and end, then you might run into a few problems with keeping everything that happens between limited, especially on a limited post basis. I mean what if a plotpoint overruns? You can't really cut it short.

Sorry to grill you like that, but I'm genuinely interested as to how you see this playing out. It could be amazing. Also I like "[colour=#282828]MLP: Friendships Untold". It has a ring to it.[/colour]

Cainium.

Number one: The episodes do not have to be restricted to one plot, but Id like them to be centered around a pre-determined theme, which is decided by the community before the episode begins. Therefore, side plots are fine.

Number two: as far as character growth... The main thing would be OCs befriending or becoming family with whomever they choose whenever they choose if they want to. Newcomers are more than welcome at any time and could be befriended by any of the current OCs at any time.

Number three: the role play itself is not time based. Its more length based but will be flexible. Only thing time based is episode signups and episode ideas. Im starting out with one week for signups and ideas but if needed Ill change it.

Number four: no, this role play will not be centered around mane six. Though people may elect to play any existing characters, for this role play I highly encourage using your OC(s).

Number five: There will be a definite setting for the start of the episode as well as a definite theme. Everything else will occur as it happens in the role play. I will be very leniant with post count in episodes. I only say it's preferred to be around 200 posts, but will in no way be enforced.

Hope these help :)

And thanks everyone for votes!

So do I submit my OCs and ideas on this thread or are you going to open another on? And when is the final submition date/time? And on a final note how much backstory are you going to need?

And I just had an idea for the first episode, why not have the OCs meet in Xplace? And then OCX has a quest that they all partake in?