Desiring true love

Valoren Seeker, AKA Val treaded back and forth nervosuly in stirdes on the bridge. This was a really important night for him, and to say that he was nervous was an understatment. He was darn petrified!! Averting his eyes all around, he could see ponies dressed up in extremely fancy clothing, abit more fancy then the single white shirt, and green vest that he wore. For most of these ponies, he had no doubt that they were used to these big social events nad probably went to them all the time. This was what made him different from them.

Val Seeker almost NEVER went to these social events. Mainly cause, well...he was an adventrous,thrill seeking pony that was destiend to protect others from danger through difficult situation. That hardlyt made him qualified to be allowed at the Gala in his opinon. Still, he was stunned to recive a ticket wasnt about to decline out of the chance of possibly meeting new friends and....something else he heard happened at events such as this. You see for all the adventures he went on, and all the new friends he had met; he desired one thing above all else.

He desired love.

Not the friendly love he recived when meeting a new friend, but..the romantice kind. Sadly, he didnt know or wasnt very well experinced in expressing his feelings towards that speical someone which made it diffuclt for him to reach out a hoof towards anyone. Still, he hopped somehow, someway he could find that speical someone or...that someone could find him. "I just need to stop looking so nervous" he blushed lightly.

Wind Mist stepped carefully oer the green and fluffy grass that grew beneath her hooves, her transparent pink dress flowing right behind her. She had a wide smile on her muzzle, and her eyes sparkled with a glitter of their own. Her muzzle was almost completely covered with her usual seethrough veil, with the few coins she had collected over the ears attached to the tips of it. She followed the trail of a passing by bee, that didn't seem to bother that it was night time already. She giggled to herself at such a sight, which made the happiness inside of her grow even more. Her happy eyes were matching the beauty of that place, and the filly herself looked like a creature of that place. In silence, she twirled in her own spot, as if dancing with herself and not caring about anythng else. After all, the Gala wasn't all about acting fancy and stand still in the same place for hours. It was about being herself.

After a second wave of crystal-like giggles, the filly finally sighed and kept smiling. But all of that happiness always brought, as usual, her urge to express herself. Her urge to let out how happy she was and how amazed her mind was. So as she kept walking, her crystaline voice made itself hearable as she unintentionally approached the lonely pony.

And happily that being sang:

"My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,

There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.

Come all you pretty fair maids, whoever you may be

Who love a jolly sailor bold that ploughs the raging sea.

My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,

There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.

My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,

There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold."

Valoren couldnt think straight. He felt like a nervous wreck!! No matter how many times he told himself to clam down, he kept seeming to get more and more....nervous. Putting a hoof to his head, he sadly remisned "I can calm down!! A..and I'll probably never fin..". He froze as suddenly, singing filed his ears. Perking up, he looked around everywhere for the source of that...wonderful singing!! Spotting it, he gasped as he could see a beautfiul gal, singing and twirling as she made her way towards him. Blushing, he turned away as although he wanted to say hi, also wanted to disapper because of how nervous he appeared. "Dont notice me, dont notice me" he thought. But alas, it was no use for him :D