Professor Hoofcourt "Starswirl" Magic (Ready)

Mojo

(ooc): This is a Family Member of one of my OC’s (Misty Magic) that I want to do more with in RP

lpvqhS8.jpg

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Professor Hoofcourt “Starswirl” Magic

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Colour: Green

Coat: Dark Blue

Mane/Tail: Gray mane and tail

Physique: Normal build but a bit smaller than a regular stallion

Residence: Canterlot

Cutie Mark: Pointy Magic Hat

Occupation: Professor Emeritus Canterlot University & Princess Celestia’s School For Gifted Unicorns (Retired)

Cutie Mark Story: As a foal, Hoofcourt was always very curious about magic. He seemed to have a natural knack for the art, starting with very simple spells and then over time, working his way up to magic so advanced, it caught the attention of several instructors from Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. They urged his parents to have Hoofcourt apply for the school, and when he did, he passed the test with flying colours. Though he excelled at the school, his lack of a cutie mark got him a lot of teasing from his classmates until one day when one of them fell into a deep well beneath the school. As the staff of the school ran for help, a determined Hoofcourt galloped to the edge of the well and shouted down to her. The filly at the bottom of the well was frightened, afraid of the darkness and possibility of drowning. All he knew was that she needed saving, and fast. When other teachers and Palace Guards arrived on the scene, they were stunned to see Hoofcourt glowing with magical energy. He was putting every bit of concentration he had into rescuing that scared filly. Gasps of surprise came from the crowd when the frightened filly magical appeared before their eyes, just as Hoofcourt passed out from sheer exhaustion. Days later when he woke up in the hospital, the first face he saw was the filly whom he saved with his magic. One thing more he noticed as he tried to climb out of bed, his cutie mark, signifying that his destiny would be tied to magic. It was at that time his now impressed classmates began to call him 'Starswirl,' a nickname that stuck with him for the rest of his life.

History: Hoofcourt was born of a servant family with parents who dearly loved him as well as all of his other brothers and sisters. Though his parents worked hard, they barely earned enough bits to keep a roof over their heads. This is why at first, his mum and dad hesitated when they were approached by instructors from CSFGU about allowing Hoofcourt to apply, thinking that they could not afford his tuition. However, they were delighted to learn that entrance into the school came with a full scholarship. Maybe this is why Hoofcourt was so driven to excel, because he wanted to be successful not only for himself, but for his family as well. The filly he saved from the well that day, Bright Tulip, in later years became his wife. Hoofcourt was so grateful for all he had received from the school, he was determined to 'give back' so when he graduated with his Doctorate degree from Canterlot University, he applied for a teaching job there. Now known mainly by his nickname, Hoofcourt was such a great instructor that he was allowed to teach at both PSCFU as well as Canterlot University. His career went on for many decades, until due to 'Father Time' catching up with him, he was forced to formally retire. Beloved at both institutions, Canterlot University granted him the title Professor Emeritus. Recently widowed (Bright Tulip passed away a few years ago). Hoofcourt still teaches a few classes from time to time at CSFGU as well as Canterlot U. So even though he is advanced in years, Hoofcourt Magic is still driven with his sincere desire to teach new generations of ponies the fine art of magic. He was proud to help his son Mighty Magic and his wife Abracadabra to get their now famous magic act started, even more happy to help them watch their daughter Misty when the duo toured on the road. One of the big regrets in his life is that though he tried as hard as he could, Hoofcourt could not teach his granddaughter how to control her odd magical 'spurts' (as he called them).

Character Summary: In his younger days, Hoofcourt Magic was an energetic stallion who was eager to work and eager to teach. He always had a kind, caring nature. He truly cares for all of his students, and though his memory is a bit fuzzy in his older years, he always bragged how he would never 'forget a face.' Today, the more seasoned Hoofcourt is considered by many a bit escentric. Sometimes he has a tendency to ramble, often with stories of his youth or younger days of teaching. He is still popular with his students because he always lectured with great enthusiam. As Hoofcourt would often say, "how can I expect my students to get excited about what I'm teaching if I'm not excited about it?" One of his flaws is that he refuses to believe he is getting old and slowing down. He refused to retire until he received promises that he could still continue to teach, though with a 'lighter' schedule than in the past. Another of his flaws is the way he teases his former and present colleagues, mainly his old friend Professor Clyde Krashkop. Somewhat of a 'trickster' at heart, Hoofcourt is always good natured, incredibly calm and nurturing towards those younger than he.

Since my previous app (Abracadabra) has already been approved (pending filing), I am going to go ahead and switch this app to "Ready" status, if there's no objection from SRP staff or Mods.

Hay Mojo! After discussing this character, we'll need a fairly big change before we can approve him. Since the name "Merlin" isn't known in Equestria, it would make no sense to use him as a magical historical figure for a nick name (which would brand this application a CO). Don't get upset yet, though! You see, Equestria has an analogue for Merlin with another famous, magically-invested historical figure: Starswirl. If you'd like, you may change the instances of "Merlin" to "Starswirl," and this character will be good to go.

If that doesn't sound appealing, you may also come up with another name. Thankies! <3