Zecora's Hearts and Hooves Day Kissing Booth(Open)

QuickLime

Zecorafin2.jpg

It was a very special day! It was the day of love, Hearts and Hooves Day to be precise! And Zecora intended to do it by giving Love away today free of charge, because to her, giving love was showing appreciation and respect for the people around you.

She had set up a little boot that said "Free Kisses" On the front in golden letters, the banner itself was a rich royal blue, beneath that it said 'Free gift with every kiss"

Beside the Zebra in a pile were tons and tons of small boxes, all wrapped in gorgeous red and gold paper! They were about the size of your hoof and you couldn't see what was in them, for such a special occasion Zecora had dressed up slightly, her mane was combed neatly and was less stiff, falling to one side in gentle waves, she wore just a touch of golden eye shadow, and all her jewelry had been freshly polished so it gleamed gloriously in the sun.

She smiled and certainly hoped she'd get to give a good bit of love today, and hoped the citizens of Ponyville liked their gifts.

150px-Too_smelly.pngPigpen

Soon, a very shaggy, unkempt and smelly stallion trotted up to the booth.

[colour=#8B4513]"WOW! Free kisses! That's for me!" [/colour]Pigpen shouted as he walked up to the booth. [colour=#8B4513]"Hi there Zecora! I noticed your sign, are these kisses for anypony, even a pony like me?"[/colour]

Pigpen lowered his head out of respect for the grand zebra. The shaggy stallion realized he wasn't the most fashionable or most popular pony in town. Though Pigpen was hopeful, he still didn't want to force Zecora into doing something she didn't want to do.

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora felt all of her senses get violated, but she just chuckled nodding "Yes PigPen it is true! There is a kiss and gift for everyone, even you" She winked at him and leaned over giving him a gentle peck right on the nose, taking one of the boxes that had a red ribbon on it, and handed it to him.

Inside was a glass bottle of burnt sugar oil, it was not only delicious on salads, but could just be sat in your home to give it a warm and inviting scent .

"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day Pig Pen! I hope this will be a good way for your day to end!" She grinned, not going to turn him away simply because he didn't comprehend basic hygiene...

Pigpen was delighted to receive both a kiss and a great gift.

[colour=#8B4513]"Thank you, Miss Zecora, oh thank you! I'll go tell all of my friends! All of my friends! Both of them!" [/colour]

Thrilled beyond belief, the messy stallion galloped off in a cloud of dust with the full intention of 'spreading the word' to everyone he could find, whether they were friends of his or not. Even the flies that buzzed around his head seemed to be rejoicing as well.

AutumnMoonPostHeader4_zps47a2e4d7.png?t=1354418537

[colour=#ff0000]"It feels great to be back in Ponyville after so long."[/colour] Autumn Moon took a deep breath, taking in the sights as well as the fresh air that the wide open spaces of the quaint little village had to offer. It was certainly refreshing after breathing in the dank and damp air of rustic temples and ancient ruins. [colour=#ff0000]"Hm, whats the rush for?"[/colour] A rather smelly stallion galloped full speed past Autumn causing his mane to come out of place a bit. He blinked a bit in confusion, "What was that all about?" Looking in the direction of where the stallion had come, her noticed a booth, and even better Zecora! Autumn trotted up to the booth taking glances at the signs. [colour=#ff0000]"Hey there, Zecora! Giving away kisses for Hearts and Hooves Day?"[/colour]

Another year, another Hearts and Hooves Day. Rarity was glad that this year's had not held anything as woefully embarrassing as the Rainbow Dash misunderstanding from the previous year... even if it had been decidedly uneventful. It was a reminder that despite her beauty, talent, fame, class and winning personality Rarity did not have a special somepony in her life. Rarity couldn't be too sad about the day though. It was a day to celebrate love after all, and love was something worth celebrating. Moreover, it resulted in a serious spike for her boutique each year, as stallions looking to get their mare that perfect accessory and mares looking to find the perfect dress to wear on the date with their stallion both flocked to her to be served.

There might not have been a special somepony, but at least Rarity had her dear friends. She had closed the boutique for the day and was on the way to spend the rest of it with them. She moved through Ponyville at a steady pace, not paying much mind to the happy couples as she made her way. Her attention was wrested suddenly to the site of a booth that seemed to be gathering a short line. Examining it, she recognized her friend Zecora behind it. The sign said "Free Kisses". Rarity laughed. Was the zebra feeling lonely this Hearts and Hooves Days? it seemed amusingly out of character. She was reminded of the promotion Applejack had used a while back. It had been fun to tease the farm mare over that, even if the actual kiss had been somewhat awkward. Rarity wasn't entirely sure about this whole kissing booth idea, but seeing Zecora she was compelled to pay a visit to the booth.

Curious, Rarity got in line behind another pony, one she didn't recognize, and offered Zecora a smile. [colour=#663399]"Hello there, Zecora dear, I was just passing by and I couldn't help but notice the sign. Free kisses, I see?" [/colour]She gave a soft and amused giggle. [colour=#663399]"I suppose that must mean you don't have a special somepony to spend the day with either..."[/colour] she said through a long sigh.

Nopony was busier than those in the postal service today! Hearts and Hooves day was a nightmare! Love notes, packages, express mail, parcels and papers galore!

But Aubergine didn't think it was all bad. It gave him an excuse to woo the ladies under the guise of being festive. But other than that, it WAS nice to see everypony happy and spending time with eachother. But he didn't need a steady gal. Not so long as he had his fine aubergine garden back home. In fact, the sandcat griffon was in the middle of getting the last of his deliveries for the day done, when he spotted a rather tantalizing opportunity? A kissing booth? With a Zebra behind it?

How exotic!

That, and how could anypony(griffon) say no to free kisses? He descended immediately, landing in quite the suava manner in line, behind the fashionista pony. Though he knew better than to try his luck. Most others had crashed and burned. He wasn't even sure she was into griffons... Maybe someday. One mare at a time. Right now, he was focused on the lovely zebra at the end of this equally lovely line.

Ah, Hearts and Hooves day, you bring out the best.

Pinkie Pie took her place in line behind the odd-looking griffon, Aubergine. She had to be wherever gatherings were happening, and she'd never kisseed a zebra before! She was also foalsitting the lovely baby unicorn, Pumpkin Cake. The infant clung to the pink pony's back with one hoof, her other hoof holding a heart-shaped balloon. [colour=#ED458B]"Oooh, this looks like fun, Pumpkin! Behave this time! Don't throw random objects at the other nice ponies in line like at Sweet Apple Acres." [/colour]Pinkie smiled widely, looking over her shoulder.

Pumpkin Cake looked at her, tilting her head to the side. Her orange blue-bowed ducktail mane swished around as she did. [colour=#efa845]"Wah?"[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

Hearts and Hooves Day might be one of Equestria’s most cherished holidays, but even its renown failed to stop Moondancer from forgetting all about it until today. Then again, Canterlot didn’t really go all out in celebrating it like the quaint town of Ponyville did, and the unicorn had been all too busy with essay writing for her classes to take extra heed of the special day coming up. And so while Dancer came down to Ponyville to make another surprise visit to her dear friend Ice Storm, seeing all the town’s decorations made Dancer realize that her friend was probably busy spending time with her new husband today.

Not one to waste a train ride to Ponyville, Moondancer took the opportunity to indulge herself with some of the special chocolate being sold today. While scouring the town, she noticed a kissing booth run by a most curious mare... a zebra as a matter of fact! Dancer had never seen a zebra before, and this zebra was also giving out gifts too. It also looked like some townsponies wanted the zebra’s kisses and/or gifts too. That meant this was something that the white-coated mare should get in on!

As she got in position behind a pink pony and her foal, Moondancer noticed that one of the ponies up ahead was Rarity, a friend of Icy’s that she met back during the wedding. Figuring that the friendly thing to do was give her at least a short hello, the moon-flanked unicorn whistled loudly first before waving and shouting; [colour=#cc0033]“Hi there Rarity!”[/colour] Hopefully, Icy’s friend would return the greeting in turn.....

Razor was just making his way back from Canterlot. There was a problem with the direct line so he was forced to take an indirect line through Ponyville, which apparently involved a several hour stay to wait for the next train. Razor sighed as the train moved into Ponyville. "[colour=#0000ff]Wait, what is with all this pink and red? Is today Hearts and Hooves Day... already?![/colour]" Razor thought to himself as he was getting off the train. "[colour=#0000ff]Well I better make the best of this... It isn't like there is a lab in a small town like this where they might allow me to go over some notes or anything...[/colour]" He said under his breath. He rarely went out for Hearts and Hooves day, other than to his lab.

He walked around taking in the sights of the quaint town. He was never in such a small town, most places he visited for conferences and symposiums were larger cities. He eventually made his way to the town square where he saw a sign "Free Kisses" and below it "Free gift with every kiss." Is this how Ponyvillians celebrated this holiday? He figured since he was there, and the fact that he couldn't get any work done, it would be a nice change of pace to actually celebrate Hearts and Hooves day for once. The last time he celebrated was ages ago when he was still in school.

When he approached the line he saw several ponies, and a griffon. Well that isn't something he expected to see at a kissing booth. "[colour=#0000ff]Can griffons even kiss? I'm sure they can 'peck' a cheek[/colour]" he thought to himself snickering at his own joke. The first in line was a young earth pony colt, followed by a lovely white unicorn, and then a rather happy looking pink pony with poofy hair, that almost looked like cotton candy with a young foal unicorn and then "[colour=#0000ff]No... It couldn't be... is it?![/colour]" Razor thought to himself. "[colour=#0000ff]Greetings Moondancer! I didn't expect to see you again so soon, not until the next guild meeting at least![/colour]" Razor greeted the young mare. "[colour=#0000ff]It is nice to see somepony I know in a strange town I've never been to[/colour]." Razor hoped that he wasn't forgotten by the young mare, he thought he made a decent impression on her, except for that one older stallion whom he was at ends with most of the time.

Soon, Pigpen returned with a 'friend' of his, a tan furred unicorn stallion in a white coat and a stethoscope around his neck.

[colour=#000000]

S02E16_UUS1.png[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Now Mr. Pigpen," [/colour]Doctor Stable began to ask, [colour=#800080]"What is so important that you dragged me away from my lunch break at the hospital?"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"It's Hearts and Hooves Day, old pal! And look! Miss Zecora is giving out kisses and presents! She even kissed ME!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Kissed YOU?" [/colour]the unicorn physician asked in shock. [colour=#800080]"Great Celestia! That poor zebra's probably been poisoned! I must treat her medical condition immeditately!"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Huh?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Oh nevermind you walking dust collector! That poor mare's could be suffering from disease locking lips with you! I must hurry!" [/colour]

The tan stallion approached the long line and announced. [colour=#800080]"Please allow me to pass through! Possible medical emergency here! One side please! Miss Zecora needs my help immediately!"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"C'mon Doc, she's fine! Look up there! Nothing's wrong with her."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Yes Pigpen, I suppose you're right about that."[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Well, go get you a kiss, Doc!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Mr. Pigpen, I have much more important things to do back at the hospital than get kisses! in fact, maybe I should do this town a favour and have you cleaned and groomed, top to bottom!"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Now wait a moment, Doc, there's no need for that."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Come back to the hospital with me, I insist!"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Well since you put it that way, Doc, GOODBYE!" [/colour]Pigpen shouted as the unkempt stallion dashed off in a cloud of dust.

[colour=#800080]"Get back here, Pigpen! In the name of good hygenie!" [/colour]Doc Stable yelled as he pursued him. Soon, both were out of sight.

(Pigpen and Doc Stable exit)

Edited by Mojo

Sky Flare was resting on a cloud above the town proper, just pony watching. It was Hearts and Hooves time and the town was decked out in pinks and reds and hearts everywhere. All around town he watched as couples were spending their time together, some having a romantic meal while others just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.

It was a bittersweet feeling for the fiery manned pegasus. He was havpy that other ponies were in love, but on this day he felt the absence of his special somepony from his life even more than any other holiday. Oh, he knew it would be someday that he'd find his better half, but he wished sometimes it would be sooner than later.

[colour=#FF8C00]"One day Sky," [/colour]he said softly to reassure himself, [colour=#FF8C00]"One day."[/colour]

The pegasus then noticed that there was a crowd gathering around a certain booth. His first though was that something bad happened. He flew from his cloud perch and landed outside the crowd.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Um... hey everypony and griffon. What's up"[/colour]

He then saw the sign that read "Free Kisses" andd noticed that a zebra was manning the booth.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Huh... well, I can't pass up a free kiss." [/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora blinked at all the ponies and griffons that appeared in the line and chuckled "Yes yes it's true" She said giving the pretty stallion a light peck on the cheek "Here is a gift for you" It was a tiny box, inside the box was a beautiful purple hair ribbon made from imported silk with little golden designs all through it..

She gently scooted the other to the side and laughed seeing Rarity there, oh how she was elbowing her verbally! "This is true, no lover on this day, but I figured I'd give love away anyway" She got out another box for Rarity but winked at her "But to give this away, Kiss I may.." If the pretty pony would let her, Zecora was very giving with her love, though if the other was uncomfortable she was just welcome to take the gift!

• 2 weeks later...

"This is true, no lover on this day, but I figured I'd give love away anyway. But to give this away, Kiss I may.."

Rarity smiled quietly as the zebra replied to her, ever sticking with her whimsical rhymes. She nodded and gave a small laugh. She wondered just what the gift was Zecora had her hooves on. She was ever curious, and certainly had no qualms receiving a harmless kiss from a valued friend. Maybe she would take this opportunity to tease the other a little, as she had Applejack? She couldn't recall ever seeing Zecora flustered or embarrassed.

Stepping forward, still smirking, she spoke, [colour=#663399]"Oh, by all means."[/colour] She gave a warm giggle and widened her smile.

[colour=#663399]"Show me the best you have, darling! Let this common Ponyville filly witness the exotic passions of the Unyasi wilds!"[/colour] she added with very clear excitement, flipping her mane back and widening her eyes. She then stepped even closer to the wise zebra, ready for whatever sort of kiss the other had for her.

2wmm3ux.jpg

Moondancer shot up and swiftly turned around as she heard a familiar voice behind her. [colour=#cc0033]“Hiya’ Doc!”[/colour] she excitedly greeted Dr. Razor Gears; [colour=#cc0033]“I’ve never thought I’d see you here!”[/colour] The medical researcher happened to be a member of Spellbound, a new magic guild that Dancer had also joined. The two ponies got along quite well back during the first guild meeting, and it looked like their unplanned reunion would flow just as amicably as previously.

Now that she was with Doc, Moondancer just had to badger the light brown stallion with questions; [colour=#cc0033]“Whatcha’ doing in Ponyville today Doc? How are you holding up since we had that guild meeting in Canterlot? Got any... tehehe, sorry if I’m getting carried away.”[/colour] The young mare covered her muzzle and blushed, not wishing to drown her partner with a barrage of inquiries... not just yet, anyway.....

Pinkie Pie sat on her haunches, holding little Pumpkin in the crook of her arm. The little unicorn foal giggled and gooed, her orange ducktail mane swaying back and forth. [colour=#ED458B]"Wheeee~eee~eeee~eee! Oooh look, Aunt Rarity is about to kiss Zecora, isn't that cute?" [/colour]

The pink party pony froze, her blue eyes widening. Pumpkin pressed a little orange hoof against the bottom of her jaw to hold it up, because it was dropping fast! Pinkie snapped at out over temporary reverie, to whistle loudly. [colour=#ED458B]"WOOO! Go get'er Rarity! Pucker up, girl!"[/colour]

• 1 month later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora smirked softly watching Rarity's dramatics and then leaned forward, kissing the mare RIGHT ON THE LIPS! It was a soft, gentle kiss, nothing over the top, but there was passion and a love in it, granted not LOVE love, but it was the kind of love one would have for a dear friend. After Zecora was finished she pulled away, handing Rarity the box, inside was a beautiful broach with a bright purple amethyst in it as her gift to her, it was cut in a unique shape and was a very important gift in her culture...

"There you are my dear! Next person in line? Oh who do we have here?" It was a Griffon! Of all things "Come here my sweets, shall I kiss you on the cheek or the beak?" She asked and grinned winking.

Rarity was pleased to find Zecora respond well to her goading. She received a very real kiss from the wise zebra. All the passion of the savannah? Maybe not, but it wasn't some weak, lightweight kiss on the cheek like it could have been. It was just bold enough... and lacking in the wet awkwardness of the kiss at Applejack's little promotion a while back. Rarity gave a smirk and a laugh as it was done. Zecora then awarded her a gift. Rarity's eyes lit up at the sight of the amethyst brooch. It was lovely really. Rarity couldn't wait to wear it. The shape and colour were just magnificent.

[colour=#663399]"My, my. So very full of surprises, my dear Zecora,"[/colour] Rarity commented, smiling as she looked at it. [colour=#663399]"It's just fabulous! Thank you so much for this; I'll treasure it,"[/colour] she said with a nod.

[colour=#663399]"I wasn't aware you had such a fine eye for gems! You should really think to come by the boutique some time. I think I could find you some accessories that would really compliment your stripes!"[/colour] Rarity said, as she turned to leave Zecora with the next in line.

Her eyes quickly found a very familiar pink pony who she had heard calling out to her during the kiss. She gave a comfortable laugh and nodded to her very long and dear friend Pinkie Pie.

[colour=#663399]"Hello Pinkie," [/colour]she said with a grin. Finding the young foal at her hooves she gave a small laugh. [colour=#663399]"And a wonderful day to you as well, little one!"[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"Having a fun Hearts and Hooves Day?"[/colour] she asked, head tilting slightly. It made sense that Pinkie would be foalsitting for the Cakes today, so as they might enjoy some time together. Rarity had to only wonder who had the other twin.

Sky Flare stood in line behind the griffon, waiting his turn. Outside he tried to keep a calm cool appearance, but inside he was shaking. It wasn't the fact that he was about to get a kiss from Zecora. He imagined that a kiss was the same no matter if the giver was a pony, griffon, or zebra. What made him nervous was the fact of just getting a kiss! Although he wouldn't admit it, the fire manned stallion had never been kissed.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Heh... looks like all of you are looking for the same thing this Hearts and Hooves Day, a nice kiss, am I right?" [/colour]

He hoped in talking to somepony, his nerves could be steeled until it was his turn.