This is the official thread for information and chatting about the thirteenth and final episode of season 3 - "magical Mystery Cure"! This is it, the controversial and epic conclusion for season three! This episode should be epic no matter what and hopefully it will lead to even a greater season four! The episode airs at (9:30am Central/10:30am Eastern on February 9th).

This thread will not be locked and thus commenting is open as soon as you see this; remember though, there are spoilers in the comments section so read at your own risk if you haven't seen the episode! :smug:

It'll be epic!

stained_glass__friendship_is_magic__better__by_akili_amethyst-d5fvhea.png

I believe I've said it in chat, but I want everyone to take note.

MLP isn't going to be ruined nor ended. Season 4 would still air. And even if the episode comes out bad, it's not going to ruin the whole season, though it'll probably be like a plane crash to an end flight. Wait, that's contradicting.

Never mind.

I believe I've said it in chat, but I want everyone to take note.

MLP isn't going to be ruined nor ended. Season 4 would still air. And even if the episode comes out bad, it's not going to ruin the whole season, though it'll probably be like a plane crash to an end flight. Wait, that's contradicting.

Never mind.

Wow that analogy crashed and failed like Windows Vista. :)

Yeah, it was totally lame how Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash solved all the problems on the show by flying. An intense action show like My Little Pony needs to keep the fighters balanced or the enemies they battle won't be engaging.

But for reals, I enjoyed the episode.It would have been nice to see more of the ponies in their messed up state but I felt that it was well paced and making it a musical served to get the scenes done rather quickly without feeling awkward and rushed. I feel it works well as a transition to next season but holds up as its own story. It would have been nice if the Hub could have let the song over the credits play, but I guess they paid Ms America so they had to get the most out of her as possible

• Like 1

That was magical. I couldn't stop smiling.

I had some reservations early on, but... nope, this sold me in the best way.

I seriously love the songs. A musical episode was an amazing idea and M.A, Larson delivered with a fun set of songs. The highlights were probably the two songs that had all the mane six singing, but you do not know how much I cheered when Celestia started singing. This needs to happen more often. Seriously.

Yeah, this really just delivered for me. It wasn't just cuteness, the humor was good too. Seeing the ponies try on each others talents was really nice, especially given they were mixed up well. It was all executed wonderfully.

This was my favorite episode of the season easily. No joke. All hail Princess Sparkle, may she bring us lots of cheerful smiles in season four!

• Like 2

I...I just....I want to like this episode... But.. WHAT?!

This episode...People thought that the recent Discord episode was rushed, and I defend that. This is just...I like the music but I have to say this is the first episode I did not like. Maybe after some discussion I'll understand it better, but...

And i do realize that it likely could only have been what it was. The episode was changing, not only the canon of the show, but the relationships of the show. It changed so much, and yet so little seemed to have happen.

That was magical. I couldn't stop smiling.

I had some reservations early on, but... nope, this sold me in the best way.

I seriously love the songs. A musical episode was an amazing idea and M.A, Larson delivered with a fun set of songs. The highlights were probably the two songs that had all the mane six singing, but you do not know how much I cheered when Celestia started singing. This needs to happen more often. Seriously.

Yeah, this really just delivered for me. It wasn't just cuteness, the humor was good too. Seeing the ponies try on each others talents was really nice, especially given they were mixed up well. It was all executed wonderfully.

This was my favorite episode of the season easily. No joke. All hail Princess Sparkle, may she bring us lots of cheerful smiles in season four!

Seconded. 10/10, loved it. As for complaints that it is rushed- depends on your definition. The book the spell came from is from the two part opener, so this was a sort of final test long in the making. She passed, became alicorn. Makes sense to me within the context of an episode.

• Like 1

I...I just....I want to like this episode... But.. WHAT?!

This episode...People thought that the recent Discord episode was rushed, and I defend that. This is just...I like the music but I have to say this is the first episode I did not like. Maybe after some discussion I'll understand it better, but...

And i do realize that it likely could only have been what it was. The episode was changing, not only the canon of the show, but the relationships of the show. It changed so much, and yet so little seemed to have happen.

Well said, ShadowMage!

It WAS rushed, it was fun, but this story would've worked better as a two parter.

Wow... I was completely blown away by the climax. The thought of Twilight becoming an Alicorn did cross my mind (y'know... princess...), but I didn't know if the Hasbro would go the "sitcom" route and refuse to do something to completely change canon and continuity. Happily, they went ahead with it and gave her wings! Awesome! This definitely opens up a ton of future opportunities for the new princess, and I'd love to see what she does with her new talents (and wings!). It was really neat to hear Princess Celestia sing, and great to see Princess Twilight take her first flight.

The first half was good, too. Rather interesting to see the other Mane Six trying out the roles of everyone else. I guess their cutie mark derived destinies are truly what they are to be.

I'm curious about whether there might be a new unicorn character added to the main cast to keep that "two of each" ratio in addition to a new alicorn. I'm doubtful (and kind of hoping they don't, because it seems like a jump-the-shark move), but pondering about it nonetheless.

Anyways... great episode!

The episode moved at a break neck speed, but I wouldn't say it was rushed. It kept the pace up the entire time and was hyper focused on the story. It was not a situation where its going along at a pace and all of a sudden a ton happens at the end. The story arc did not have a sudden jump towards the finale.