technically she isn't an Alicorn, Alicorns are supposed to be Earth Pony +Unicorn +Pegasus Well, Twi seemed to be lacking on the Earth Pony department (Winter Wrap up) so she could be a winged Unicorn... (to people actually uneasy about this)

She might have some earth pony blood in her....But I don't believe alicorns are actually all three races of ponies blended into one living creature..That sounds more like the really scary Fallout: Equestria Alicorns...Which were based off the 'Master' in Fallout. Yeck City. :green:

I'm sure alicorns symbolize the three strengths of each pony...Flight..Magic..Strength...

WOW! I saw the the first one (Where they're cantering about), but I didn't see the crowd scene with Derpy..Not only is she there..She's winking at us...I guess Hasbro finally realized that her toys sell VERY well (There's like a zillion new Derpy toys out there) and big $$$$ beats a few whiners...And while they probably won't user her fan name...Derpy...I could live with Bubbles...If she's back, I'm happy. :smirk:

Diego's right. Derpy's back. The fandom will be just fine. Also, I loved the music in this episode. It was really well done. Can't wait for some remixes to be made. You know with something so good, they'll be coming along shortly.

Huh, I didn't see Derpy in the second picture for the longest time. That was a really cool little insert. :)

As for the episode as a whole, it was pretty good. Not my favorite season finale, but still pretty darn good. I like the song overload we got and I found the mane six trying to deal with each others cutie marks to be rather funny. Even the live action commercials weren't as painful as I thought they would be. They were still rather painful, but they were somewhat better than the ones during the royal wedding if only due to there being fewer of them.

As for the whole alicorn deal. I don't really know what to say, it honestly seemed to me like they just tacked it on at the end. Though if there are more episodes about the transformation in season 4, as others have stated, then maybe it will fit better later. Not a big fan of how she looks either, though I'm not sure if that has something to do with her dress which I think looks kinda bad (especially when she faces the camera) or if it's just that she looks different and I'm not used to it. Ah well I'll just stay in "wait and see" mode and see where they take this next season. :razz:

"Sniffle" :( "Sniffle" :scream::wail:

I.....I.....I can't believe it.

I don't normally ask this sort of question, but did anyone else cry or get a bit misty eyed during or after the episode like I did?

Anyway.......the finale. In my opinion, it was a spectacular masterpiece! The songs made the episode what it is, plus with the addition of Princess Celestia finally getting a musical piece really made the finale for me, even to the point I broke down in tears.

Yes, I'm not kidding here. That song actually got me to break down down and start crying. Something that has never done in 21 years. The last time this happened was when I watched The Muppets take Manhattan back in 1992 on television and I ended up in an emotional mess at the end by watching the ending scene and was moved by how well it was made.

This happened to be the case again this time round.

Bravo M.A Larson for a spectacular well written finale.

A standing ovation for Nicole Oliver for making me, and many others worldwide cry like I did. That was a spectacular performance, including the song number!

And last but not least, a big bravo to all of the production team!

The episode was satisfactory. I still question the character modification though. It's not fair to say that season 4 will be a bust because the chemistry of characters will never be the same. It's also not fair to assume that it wont change. None of us really know whats going to happen, and that is going to make this one helluva long summer.

I wonder how this story continues. Will it be in season four or will it be covered in the made-for-tv movie? Princess Twilight Sparkle could still be temporary, but i doubt it. It would be kind of funny if just as soon as we get used to her princesshood, she loses it for some reason. I think my biggest beef with Twilight becoming a princess is that it came too soon. I feel like there could have been a lot more added before she got this honor.

In a way, I feel the same way about this episode as the ponies felt about their fixed up tasks early on in the episode. And by the end of the episode when everything was resolved, I still felt like I was out of place from a viewing standpoint. I see this as a fan's cliffhanger because there is so many questions that will need to be answered in the future.

Unfortunately, I can't give it a perfect score like most people have, I'm sorry. I give it a 4 out of 5 Applejack-made dresses. The build-up in the episode was a good way to comfort the blow. It would have twisted me the wrong way if her princesshood was spun in the last seconds. It did feel rushed, but still paced rather well. I liked the songs, however, some of the songs felt forced and caused the episode to be over-saturated at times. As much as I love songs, I'd rather not have more than 2 in one episode. The reason why the songs are so special is because they don't happen that often. And the more they happen, the less special they become, in my opinion.

It's possible that one's opinion of this episode could be purely based on if Twilight is a pony you admire. To be honest, I liked her as a cartoon character, but never saw her anything more. All of my prized attachments lie with Applejack, in case you haven't noticed. :smug:

Funniest line in the season was said in this episode.

Princess Twilight: "Today, I consider myself one of the luckiest ponies in Equestria!"

Me: "PFFFTT!! Consider, who else's fortune is even close enough for you to have to think about it?"

• Most powerful unicorn born since Starswirl. Check
  • Mentoring by the Ruler of an entire nation, said rule also happens to be the God of the Sun in physical form. Check
  • Family being well off from the get go, including a brother who is married to a princess with her own empire. (IE she's sister to an Emperor and Empress)
  • Part of a team who posses the most powerful magical artifacts in the world. Check
  • Repeatedly going hoof to hoof with the most dangerous creatures and villain in the world, and managing to win.(threats include two deranged gods, a murderous shapeshifter, and animmortal being made of shadow matter). Check
  • Finish a spell that the most powerful unicorn in history could complete. Check
  • Get turned into an immortal god and instantly become a co ruler of your nation. check.

Me thinks Twi was just being modest... But when your resume is that stacked, modesty can seem really condescending.

Anyway about the episode. I smiled all the way through and thats all I want from this show.

• Like 1

Also, I remembered something. Who caught the Lou Gehrig reference during Twilight's speech?

I did!

Onions. Onions everywhere for 22min . . .

I failed. Badly.

What a way to end the season. Amazing songs (w/ Celestia, no less :-o ), a return of super-happy Lyra bouncing and Derpy . . . just wow.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD PROPER PARAPHRASING OF QUOTE OH EM GEE...

Wait, that wasn't why I liked your post. Or was it? All I know is that my Cutie Mark in pedantry must be my destiny...

Good to see they're using fanmade animations now! They certainly didn't make the excited Lyra hop!

First thought:

Continuing thought. Dimensional shift or Discord going into remission.

Pony Sunburn is canon! :lol:

Dangit Starswirl, what is it with you unicorns and your mind control!

Critters with pitchforks!

What were the Apple family's thoughts on 'Applepie'? (Or Pinkamina Diane Jack)

Spells rhyme?

Let those who threaten, beware, beware

We will not fight, with air, with air

We mould our weapons with care, so there

Be metallurgical might!

EDIT: Oopsie. Credit to Alan Dean Foster. This is from one of the 'Spellsinger' Books.

Celestia, my Goddess, your voice! :kissy:

Wait, if that was Starswirls spell, would he have become a Princess if he'd succeeded?

Dem handmaidens!

'Liquid pride'? Very much so.

Really nice to see the crystal ponies included as background ponies now. Inclusive society is the way forward.

What is on your head Luna?

Ermergerd! :razz: !

Like other massively lore changing episodes, some parts felt a little rushed and acceptance of the new world a little too quick and easy but I did really enjoy that episode. It will be fascinating to see where the show will go from here considering that not only is Twily your god now but one of the elements is changed/missing.

TL;DR SONGS!

Also: 'Weather patterns' teehee

Ohh my the episode all been waiting for whole seasons the whispers and speculations come true. Truely lovely episode. It made me smile and chuckle and I sat whole episode waiting with exitment like a little kid for twilligth to become an alicorn changing betwin thinkink it would happen or not happen. i must hail the writers for daring to take the step changing the canon instead of just beating the same old dead horse again and again they can move the story on without making it some weirdness magnet which othen happens in series which goes on forever. I think it fitted well into the lore although a bit obviouse.

My consern is the mlp suppporting the princess culture that the ultimate archievement a girl can get is to become a princess.

Disapointmess: She can already fly !! I was looking forward to see Rainbow dash giving her lessons and Fluttershy to sooth her when the come crashing down. I realy did not like Twillight sparkles dres but I guess that Rarity makes them jsut as Twillight sparkles likes them even though she got bad taste. I was anticipating Luna to meet up with Twillight when she ascended but I guess her teacher makes moresence.

Additonal likes Rainbowdash was fabelouse this episode Ioved her failure on looking after the animals. And the rest just leaving her in the pot. I loved Princess Celestia´s song. Raritys weather pattern. The rest of the songs.

Ohh and Twillight Sparkle got a new hairstyle.

My consern is the mlp suppporting the princess culture that the ultimate archievement a girl can get is to become a princess.

Actually, I think its a good moral. Instead of it being a lineage thing, like a typical monarch society, this shows Twilight's reaping of the things she has learned, which I think teaches kids that if you work hard and learn as much as you can, you can earn high regard as well. It's not so far-fetched. Girls wanting to be princesses when they are kids is actually a fair dream to have because they just want to recognized for the good things they are. The boy equivalent is usually that every boy wants to be a Quarterback for a winning football team. It rarely happens, but that thought process helps their development into becoming someone successful

Just finished watching this episode again. It's even better the second time. Also "A True, True Friend" is my favorite song of this season. So good!

I wonder if the bandage around Celestia's middle at the Royal Coronation was part of her attire or an actual injury? It was hard for me to figure out because it didn't seem to match the rest of her attire.

• Like 1

Just finished watching this episode again. It's even better the second time. Also "A True, True Friend" is my favorite song of this season. So good!

I wonder if the bandage around Celestia's middle at the Royal Coronation was part of her attire or an actual injury? It was hard for me to figure out because it didn't seem to match the rest of her attire.

Yes that is definatly a bandage and she aquired it betwin Twillight Sparkle become and Alicorn and the Corinet.

[colour=#800080]I finished watching a few moments ago (Watched it again just now). After that I checked my DA and already one person claimed that they do not like ponies anymore.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Ohhh boy[/colour]

[colour=#800080]The first time watching it I felt it was too short. I forgot it was only a one parter. It was rushed. It was all really fast. But all in all I prefer her as a unicorn. The reason why is beacuse as a unicorn she had flaws. I feel now as a princess they may make her perfect and I HATE the "I do everything right" character. Thats why I did not like her in season 1. I liked her alot better after lesson zero beacuse she had more character in it. But hey she hasen't done anything as an alicorn. So mabey that will change. [/colour]

[colour=#800080]The secound time watching I fet a bit better. My GOD the first part of the episode was epic. Pinkie pie with apples was sooooo CUTE! Poor grumpy pie haha. [/colour]

[colour=#800080]I just hope the show core wont change too much. Mabey with twiacorn's new status they may be able to explore equestria more. Mabey they can do more serious subjects. Or mabey shes a princess in training. My BIGGEST hope is that twilight gets to teach a pony just like her. That would be awsome.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Over all this ep was good. Not my favrite finale. But it did not ruien the show. Im still not sold on twicorn. I hope she does something that will make me love her.[/colour]

Well I watched it. I didn't cry or anything I guess the closest I got was when Twilight was singing about how she messed up her friends' destinies/cutie marks with that unfinished spell. I really felt empathy for her and it hit me hard. But the rest of the episode had me laughing and smiling. Especially the ending and all that. Also laughed at the liquid pride answer.

Liked the episode. The ending felt rather hamfisted. That is really my only complaint. They could have toned down the hamminess a bit. The songs were fantastic, and I loved the first half of the episode.

This episode was a musical.

I'd give it a 7/10. Definitely had the best song of the season.

BTW, no I don't mind the Twicorn. I'm wondering what they'll do with it. But considering they have S4 written and produced, I'm not too worried. There are top notch writers on this show. So I think some good things will come of it.

Also they canonized Alicorn.

And more annoyingly pony sunburn. THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN! (I'm taking that as a gag for gag's sake, that is not canon to me. No!)

And more annoyingly pony sunburn. THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN! (I'm taking that as a gag for gag's sake, that is not canon to me. No!)

So apple cobbler getting a tan in A Friend in Deed, and RD getting a tan in Too Many Pinkie Pies were also gags? :P How many different episodes does a gag have to be in before it's considered canon?