An Adoption Thread?

Lucky Breeze

I was just thinking that maybe we should make a pony adoption thread. I don't expect it would be frequently visited, but it might perhaps benefit those who do not frequently use certain characters. It may also benefit those who would like a role playing character, but have trouble creating one themselves.

Just a suggestion, thought I'd voice my opinion! ^^

~Lucky

Well, bronies tend to make their own topics if they have adoptablesâ€â€Âso there are already a few adoptable threads.

Doodle Dev's Scribble Sheet (Now with Adoptables!)

Pony Adoptables

Buxy's Adoptables and Requests! *Open again!*

Aqua's Adoptables and Requests!

Tales' Adoptables

However, I'm not so sure it's a good idea to have full Application Adoptions. Part of the application process is stimulating the desire and demonstrating the ability to write and role-play. If anyone could create a bunch of adoptable pony applications pre-made for anyone to select, we have no real way of knowing what the person who wants to adopt them is going to be like as a roleplayer or what ideas are originally their own. This doesn't mean we can't have adoptable ideas or pictures, but full apps aren't such a good idea if that's where this question was heading.

However, there's nothing wrong with players helping other players write their apps and come up with some ideas, in fact, I encourage it! The more our community helps itself, the more tight-knit we become together!

However, I'm not so sure it's a good idea to have full Application Adoptions. Part of the application process is stimulating the desire and demonstrating the ability to write and role-play. If anyone could create a bunch of adoptable pony applications pre-made for anyone to select, we have no real way of knowing what the person who wants to adopt them is going to be like as a roleplayer or what ideas are originally their own. This doesn't mean we can't have adoptable ideas or pictures, but full apps aren't such a good idea if that's where this question was heading.

However, there's nothing wrong with players helping other players write their apps and come up with some ideas, in fact, I encourage it! The more our community helps itself, the more tight-knit we become together!

Users cannot adopt full apps; they have to make their own; this is part of the process that helps ensure people know how to RP, what the limits are, what is okay to do, and what is not okay to do. It would seem convienent to allow the adoption of full OC's ready to go, but people who dont put in the work to get an OC approved havnt shown they have put the effort or interest forth to be a part of the RP; and that helps weed out problems before they arise in the RP.