The Quest for the Mystery Recipe

hi hi

Ginger Mint had planned to take her time, maybe sit down and chit chat with a few strangers and hear their tales of far off places, their daily trials and their most memorable escapades; but as she made her way past the Gala Buffet, the sights and smells made her stop in her tracks. Colorful arrangements in brilliant green and marigold, and the aromas of a hundred different delectable and exotic flavors from beech-honeydew to saffron. Everything looked perfect, except for perhaps one empty spot on the table where a platter should have been. It was too great an opportunity to pass up, but Ginger Mint reminded herself to take her time.

I'll start at one end and slowly work my way down to the other, that way I'll be sure not to miss anything at all.

Avocado and olive paste on a rye cracker, delicious! Cranberry salsa with perhaps a touch of lemon and cilantro on cream cheese? Magnifique! Parmesan baked Zucchini... simple, but effective. Humus on toasted pita sliver, always a classic. Blue cheese with a touch of pistachio and...chives? Unorthodox but surprisingly tasty. Hmm, what about this? I don't know what it is, and the smell doesn't ring a bell...

Ginger Mint takes a bite out of the mystery hors d'oeuvres, and her eyes go wide, as if struck by an electric shock. Just at that moment, by chance, somepony opens the curtains on a nearby window. As the moonlight washes over her face, she can hear the faint sound of a soprano singing a crescendo coming from the ballroom, and for an instant time stands still for one little pony.

This taste, it is indescribable! Why, I don't think I've ever tasted anything quite like it before. I must find the chef and get the recipe!

Ginger Mint springs into action asking the nearest waiter to direct her to the chef but the waiter simply shrugs her shoulders, not even knowing who the chef is, she just picked up the tray from the kitchen. Ginger Mint asks the next closest official looking pony but still no answers.

This can't be, I refuse to give up, I refuse to fail, I have only just begun to search!

With no place obvious to turn and a fire in her eyes, Ginger Mint begins asking the random ponies nearby where she can find the chef, or if anypony knows anything at all about this strange hors d'oeuvres, what it is called or where it comes from.