Lovinity Hearts (rebirth) [Ready]

Lovinity

We do not use human years to define the age of ponies in WoE, because we don't know for certain at what rate ponies age in the FiM universe. Henceforth, please only stick to terms like foal, filly, and mare when defining a pony's age.

Other than that, feel free to proceed with your edits. ;)

Okay I'll need to ask then for some help on determining age category. Filly refers to a "teen" pony. Foal is younger than a filly, and mare is older. Do I have that correct?

If so I shall make her filly.

EDIT: Providing that the above classification for age is correct, I feel that the ages for Passion Flower and Doctor Lab are incorrect. It doesn't make sense having Passion Flower a colt and Doctor Lab a mare... there's a big age difference (I think) especially when it comes to parents. I'm debating whether or not that would work, or if I should change it to stallion and mare.

Edited by Lovinity

I just now added a draft character summary for Lovinity. Please tell me what you think:

[colour=#8B4513]Lovinity expresses many qualities in her personality: [/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]She loves to laugh and giggle, as well as cheer other ponies up. She loves [innocent and clean] jokes. She likes to have fun with other ponies by playing games, talking, visiting places and special events, and so on.[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]She loves affection. She loves giving and receiving hugs. She also likes to cuddle with ponies that she is close to as friends, or that need some pony to cuddle from being upset. She's also known to come up with random excuses to do something affectionate. One example is that another pony had whipped cream on her nose, and Lovinity asked her if she could lick it off.[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]Her destiny is to be an image of love and support. She really loves being there for other ponies who need love and some pony to talk to. She's great at listening and talking on a very personal level with other ponies. She's wise when it comes to advice. She does what she can to provide acts of kindness both big and small. She's also known to never consider any pony or creature an enemy, in fact, she's also known to be a friend for enemies (but she doesn't actually join the enemy in his/her ways).[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]She is very sensitive and empathetic, and is affected by her surroundings. She's an easy target for getting hurt or upset, but with her kind and optimistic personality she can get back up. She's also known to over-react in stressful situations. When that happens, she usually has to go off away from the situation for a little time to take a breather. She prefers peace and wants to do everything she can to keep peace in a tense situation.[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]Lovinity isn't picky when it comes to like and dislikes. It basically falls into a simple statement: She loves everything. Sure, she does want to try and avoid or change forms of hate, but she doesn't like to fight hate with hate. Instead, she likes to send acts of love towards the hate, for she believes love can overtake hate.[/colour]

1. Yeah, you should change Passion Flower's age to stallion to signify that he's old enough to father children.

2. As long as you keep your OC's public displays of affection G-rated, they'll be quite alright for WoE. The more cuter and innocent gestures, the better. ^_^

3. You should change any references to the term "enemy" to make it clear that your OC is willing to socialize with jerks and other socially-disgruntled ponies. FYI, your OC won't get the change to interact with actual malevolent individuals in WoE given the slice-of-life nature of this RP. Additionally, drop the references to "hate" as ponies are not naturally a hateful sort, although they can certainly be dismissive and rude.

4. One further tip; your OC may claim she loves everything, but even then, she'll likely have certain types of ponies that she prefers hanging out with over other ponies. Likewise, there's going to be ponies that your character would prefer not being around because dealing with them will drain her psyche. Just something to think about to make your character more well-rounded. ;)

5. Finally, I suggest giving your OC preferred recreational activities to do aside from providing affection to others. Writing this down will not only make you realize what RP threads you think will be a natural fit for your OC, but will also give other RPers an idea as to how they can have their characters better bond with yours.

I have to say though that you're really off to a good start! From what I've seen so far with this revision, your OC will make a wonderful addition to WoE. :D

1. Done deal

2. The highest level of affection that Lovinity will display is nose nuzzle, or uncommonly a nose lick. I'm very much against NSFW as well.

3. I'm not sure if I understand fully what you mean by changing the term enemy so that it is clear Lovinity socializes with "jerks". I am assuming you mean saying something other than enemy, since if Lovinity socializes with them then technically they are not an enemy to Lovinity. I will also see what I can do with the term "hate". Maybe I could use something like "where love is needed" instead of "hate".

4. Yes she does have her preferences. I could say something to the effect of "She loves just about anything, but prefers..." or something of that nature.

5. I will add some recreational activities in there. I've never really thought about what Lovinity likes to do specifically for fun, but I'm sure I can come up with something.

EDIT: Edit 11 is ready

Edited by Lovinity

Note: I don't advise using the term "enemy" since it implies a sort of individual who goes out of their way to combat your character in some fashion (physically or otherwise). As "enemy" characters can't be apped for in WoE, it makes little sense to use that term in your app since "enemies" don't exist in slice-of-life RP. :P

Anyway, keep up the good work Lovinity!

Note: I don't advise using the term "enemy" since it implies a sort of individual who goes out of their way to combat your character in some fashion (physically or otherwise). As "enemy" characters can't be apped for in WoE, it makes little sense to use that term in your app since "enemies" don't exist in slice-of-life RP. :razz:

Anyway, keep up the good work Lovinity!

No problem! I've already edited it out in my latest edit, plus added some more details on character summary.

Here's my second part of the history of Lovinity, cutie mark up to present. Please tell me what you think. The last sentence may sound a bit overpowering. If so, please let me know how I could tone it down.

[colour=#8B4513]After receiving her cutie mark, Lovinity had realized what her destiny was: to bring much love and support to ponies who need it. After realizing this destiny, she had set out to express her love to other ponies. This in turn triggered a sharp boost in how Lovinity felt. She began to feel much happier, more energetic and bubbly, and more connected to other ponies and Equestria around her. She also developed the capability of shedding tears of joy, which she wasn't able to do before this time.[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]Now, Lovinity feels a passion and a drive to continue her destiny. She's realized the magic of love, and how much it can make other ponies shine. She wants to continue sharing that, little by little, for she believes that love can change lives for the better.[/colour]

Uhh, I'm not sure what you mean by "shredding tears of joy"; you mean normal joyous tears or more of a large torrent of tears?

Normal joyous tears is what I meant. If it confused you then it probably needs to be re-worded. I'll see what I can do. Do you have any suggestions?

EDIT: I've considered saying "liquid pride" but discarded that idea because Shining Armour used that term.

EDIT 2: For future reference, maybe I should add this to her character section but whenever Lovinity cries, it's a gentle cry... she doesn't ever have "hard cries".

Edited by Lovinity

Nah, don't bother changing it around. I'm really not sure how I got confused by that in the first place.

Carry on. :razz:

Okay haha. :)

Actually I'd say I'm quite finished WIP-ing this application. I've decided that Lovinity's home will be Ponyville.

She used to be in Canterlot, but I've determined she doesn't fit there.

I would have considered CloudsDale, but if Lovinity's main occupation is to interact with other ponies in a sweet loving way, I felt Ponyville would be better.

So, the only two things that have not been touched on yet are the residence (up here), and also her wing power which I've added but haven't received comment on it.

As of right now, I have her set for 3.1 average wing power, and 10.5 max wing power. She's meant to be fast, but not "very" fast. She has had a few instances in the free-for-all of going too fast and running into trees and buildings haha.

Other than that, this application is ready for approval.

Changing status to "Ready".

EDIT: I made a tiny revision to character summary. I felt there were too many "alsos" in it, so I removed most of them.

Edited by Lovinity

Sorry, but we're not accepting new OC residents of Ponyville at this time due to an ongoing housing crisis. No matter where she lives however, your OC is free to visit Ponyville in WoE as she pleases.

The rest of your app's content looks fine by me. However, it would be great if you can reformat your CM, history, and summary fields so that there are spaces between each paragraph. That way, your app looks nicer to read. :)

Sorry, but we're not accepting new OC residents of Ponyville at this time due to an ongoing housing crisis. No matter where she lives however, your OC is free to visit Ponyville in WoE as she pleases.

The rest of your app's content looks fine by me. However, it would be great if you can reformat your CM, history, and summary fields so that there are spaces between each paragraph. That way, your app looks nicer to read. :)

Hehe I like that ^^ You role play housing as well.

Okay how about CloudsDale or Canterlot? Even though they weren't most preferred they'd work for me.

Will revise format here over a period about 15 minutes :)

Thank you all so much for your assistance! I'm excited for the new changes with Lovinity... which I'll carry over not just here at Canterlot.com but other places on the internet that Lovinity is at. Definitely a learning experience. I'm glad I didn't give up :)

Oh and BTW I think I'll keep Lovinity in CloudsDale and not move her back to Ponyville when ready... it'd be too much of a hassle for Lovinity and me. Plus come to think of it, if she lives in CloudsDale it might be easier for her to fly to certain places. :)

• 2 months later...

Request for re-opening of this application for a profile edit

Greetings Canterlot! I was wondering if I can re-open this application for a couple quick changes/additions in her personality as well as likes and dislikes.

I will give you the details if re-opening is permitted.

Thank you!

Request for re-opening of this application for a profile edit

Greetings Canterlot! I was wondering if I can re-open this application for a couple quick changes/additions in her personality as well as likes and dislikes.

I will give you the details if re-opening is permitted.

Thank you!

psst! Use the report button on the first post if you want to move this back into applications for revision. ;)
  • Like 1

Moving back to applications for revision by user request.

(Note: This application will still need to undergo our review process once you are done. Please update this thread to let us know when you are ready for review again.)

I am ready for feedback with the information I have right now on the first post. However, there is a part in her history that is still not official as the event (special some ponies) has not become official. Therefore, I'm ready for feedback, but not yet for approval.

Eye colour: Pink [colour=#8b4513]([/colour][colour=#ff0000]sometimes changes if she feels intense emotion[/colour][colour=#8b4513])[/colour]

It looks like Lime will be giving you some feedback soon, but I would like to point out -- before she does -- that your character design must, must, must reflect Friendship is Magic canon. We've never seen a character in the cartoon that has shifting eye colours, so please remove this, and any other details in your application that you would never see in the cartoon itself. You're creating a lot extra work for yourself, so I encourage you to remain close to the spirit of the original application you had approved and only adding details that reflect changes we can accept in the game.

I don't want to see this application stalled in the applications area after all of the effort you and my team made to help you embrace good character design for World of Equestria.

Okay, eye colours will be removed, and so will the LGBT line.

What about the special some-pony info?

Edit: Also forgot to mention... the main reason for the additions in her personality are that she is going to be in a fan-based movie... and that there is an un-balance between... how do I say it... "good" and "bad" traits. Therefore, I'm adding a few more of her "bad" traits to try and balance things out more.

Edit 2: Also, despite Lovinity's main location being CloudsDale, I do not mention this in my application (should I?) that she does not live in an actual home; she is a free roaming pony that finds any cloud to sleep on for the night.

Also, is it permitted for her to visit the Crystal Empire in role plays?

Edited by LovinityHearts

What about the special some-pony info?

This app is about Loveinity, let's keep it about her

Edit: Also forgot to mention... the main reason for the additions in her personality are that she is going to be in a fan-based movie... and that there is an un-balance between... how do I say it... "good" and "bad" traits. Therefore, I'm adding a few more of her "bad" traits to try and balance things out more.

This fan based movie has no merit on Canterlot, so I suggest you keep her to the model we had in place, no need to change her HERE for a movie elsewhere.

Edit 2: Also, despite Lovinity's main location being CloudsDale, I do not mention this in my application (should I?) that she does not live in an actual home; she is a free roaming pony that finds any cloud to sleep on for the night.

We discourage this sort of thing, she can travel as she sees fit but no homelessness please, give her a place she can call home

Also, is it permitted for her to visit the Crystal Empire in role plays?

But ofcourse! :D

• Like 1

"This app is about Loveinity, let's keep it about her"

Hmm, could I possibly shorten it to just mention... ah never mind my idea won't really work :P

"[colour=#282828]This fan based movie has no merit on Canterlot, so I suggest you keep her to the model we had in place, no need to change her HERE for a movie elsewhere."[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Okay. I thought at first it would be good to say she was clumsy a little and the part about the stress. She was like that in role plays even before this movie project began. However, if desired, if it's too negative I won't mention it.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#282828]We discourage this sort of thing, she can travel as she sees fit but no homelessness please, give her a place she can call home"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Hmm that's going to be kind of tough... I've never role played her like she had an actual building / cloud she lived in. Maybe if worse comes to worse I can say that she just found a place to live (in the role plays she's already involved with... none of them being in WoE though)... or built a cloud structure for herself because it was getting too hard for her to find a cloud to sleep on each night. This of course would not be in the application itself.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]...or how about maybe she lives with Passion Flower?

Though I never considered her "homeless". I've always mentioned her as free-roaming / outdoor pony.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#282828]But ofcourse! [/colour] :D"

Alright thank you! She probably won't have the ability to go there often since it brings her a little sadness about... (can't say it...)... as well as a rejection from her past involving... something else... anyway, at least she can go there sometimes for other reasons.